"Compare me to other vtubers !! I want to feel unoriginal. I want my ideas to be compared and made less because of others. Tear me down, spit on me, push me, pretend to love me and have a beautiful life with me until one day you decide to leave and break my heart"Megumi Kuragiri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

httn

Hag enthusiast
I think it's time we have a conversation about hags. Who is a hag? What makes a hag? Is it purely the number, or a state of mind, or a combination of both?
If your going by pure numbers:
Christmas cake: 25 or older
Hag: 30 or older

IMO its the combination of age + demeanour + shared nostalgia. The streamer has to be somewhat comfortable with it and play with the fact they are older than other chuubas. whether this is older song choices in karaoke streams, retro games or just having something that dates their age.
Can hag status, once attained, be lost?
HAG status is granted by the viewers. They can sometimes get it wrong and need to correct the records.
Why are hag fans so dedicated to the idea?
They are old and dusty like their oshi's but their hearts are full of :holohag::hololove:

cucurut

I think it's time we have a conversation about hags. Who is a hag? What makes a hag? Is it purely the number, or a state of mind, or a combination of both? Can hag status, once attained, be lost? Why are hag fans so dedicated to the idea?
1687808976687.png

I bear small AI art gifts for 4K
@God's Strongest Sanalite
@La+ de Central Norte
NSFW
1687811775410.png

Lumi again in 20 minutes

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

SS. Isa is live in 20. Come say hi. Hopefully her voice is rested from that long karaoke the other night.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Since legit leaks are now floating around on /vt/, everything has to be treated with a critical eye. With that in mind, the latest post is here.
1687806923197703.png
According to this, Shu is the next on the way out.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
As for the hags talk, for me it's definitely a combo of Age, Experience, the way in which they present themselves, and voice to a degree. For example Ina may be hitting 30 this year, but tbh, I don't think i could consider her a hag with that model and the way in which she presents.

That's partly why losing Nina is such a big blow to hag fans. She fully embraced that shit. So many other Vtubers do the opposite and embrace age regression/acting like a freakin' kid. It's annoying.

:painpeko:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
As for the hags talk, for me it's definitely a combo of Age, Experience, the way in which they present themselves, and voice to a degree. For example Ina may be hitting 30 this year, but tbh, I don't think i could consider her a hag with that model and the way in which she presents.

That's partly why losing Nina is such a big blow to hag fans. She fully embraced that shit. So many other Vtubers do the opposite and embrace age regression/acting like a freakin' kid. It's annoying.

This, as much as her honey was initially annoying, Nina embraced her age into her kayfaybe hard and ended up having a really pleasant stream personality as a cause of it, once she got into the groove of things she ended up being a top tier long-form streamer

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Is there really anything stopping the successful ones from making a lifetime career out of it? If someone like Pekora or Korone wanted to keep at it for 20+ years, I don't see any reason they'd need to stop unless streaming becomes fundamentally nonviable as a way to make a living?
Even if vtubing was only viable as part-time work, I think some vtubers would still do it for the perks of the job, such as maintaining parasocial relationships, the attention they receive, being in a career that they share with online friends, and the job being suitable for people who are not cut out for regular work.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
What really matters is money I guess.
Nolan I just had an idea

Vtuber communities will forgive you if you give them lots of money. Gura won't work but you can close the gap with Petra and you'll be back in baby. Keep in mind youtube has a cap of 500, or sometimes it does I can't remember. Give all your money to Petra. Solve this injustice

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

:depressedtako: For me it's the fact that no one is going to have the autism to play Kenshi as a corpo other than Vesper and I doubt he'd push for perms considering he clearly had to get neutered to be allowed to return from his suspension, since he certainly lacks the balls to push management.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
:depressedtako: For me it's the fact that no one is going to have the autism to play Kenshi as a corpo other than Vesper and I doubt he'd push for perms considering he clearly had to get neutered to be allowed to return from his suspension, since he certainly lacks the balls to push management.
Dont remind me of the fact that Nina was the only one autistic enough to play Mount and Blade and Kenshi on stream...

:depressedtako:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Is there really anything stopping the successful ones from making a lifetime career out of it? If someone like Pekora or Korone wanted to keep at it for 20+ years, I don't see any reason they'd need to stop unless streaming becomes fundamentally nonviable as a way to make a living?

Well, I think there will eventually be a point where the vtuber bubble pops and the market contracts, and a good number of people on the margins of profitability go back to working retail or whatever. I think those at the upper levels like Pekora or Korone can probably keep going for as long as they want to, though.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. When you have an industry of squeaky-voiced loli characters, someone willing to lean into being an actual adult becomes a novelty. I never watched Nina myself but I do appreciate others.

Isa just announced she's going to be doing her first collab on a drawing stream this week, though she isn't telling us who yet.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Honestly, it was nice finding out there were so many hag vtubers at first because it didn't feel as weird watching vtubers at my age. Now, it's nice watching vtubers around my age or older for other reasons too. Airi is fun to watch because I feel nostalgic about some of the things she talks about from her childhood because I know she's around my age. Botan is fun to watch because she's always calm, cool, and mature (and she has the greatest laugh of all time). Shiina is fun to watch because, while I'm not sure if she's at hag age quite yet, she definitely has the hag mindset and sometimes has her "how do you do fellow kids?" moments. Marine is fun because of all the hag jokes and that she finally started embracing hag status.

So yeah
:holohag::hololove:

Tubedude

Since legit leaks are now floating around on /vt/, everything has to be treated with a critical eye. With that in mind, the latest post is here.
View attachment 32769
If the next one to go really is Shu, then NijiEN is losing both their emotional glue that was Nina and the guy who helped the others with tech issues. Wonder if the loss of said things could cause a cascade effect.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Another Tourney for Selen. She's gonna burn herself out at this rate.

Pomu live at the turn of the hour, might be worth tuning in to gauge her emotions after today.

kukkia

Early Adopter
View attachment 32769
Shu, like Nina, is one of the livers who comes off as a responsible adult who doesn't like taking shit from people and isn't desperate for the job. If he leaves as well then it's really, really not a good sign, and a Luxiem graduation could maybe actually force Anycolor management to stop fucking around (but it probably won't).

Knowing Anycolor the only thing that would force them to change would be if EN's earnings per member start declining, and if that happens then they'll probably just hang EN out to dry instead of better investing in them. While there were a few negative signs here and there beforehand it's almost impressive how quickly they've tanked their reputation in less than a year. I certainly wouldn't have called all of this as being likely to happen a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom