"Mr. Syrios! LOL!"Harusaki Nodoka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
To clarify this, she was talking about covering the Kanaria song called Queen which a handful of other Hololive talents have covered, not a song from the English band, and the $250k figure had nothing to do with the mechanical licenses. She wanted to make an alternate arrangement of the song which would have required commissioning new instrumental tracks rather than using the pre-existing official instrumentals like the others did, and someone she went to priced up the job at $250k so she passed on it (and presumably just dropped the idea rather than trying to find someone else to do it for less).
I guess I gave her too much credit :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Angeronii venting about her shitty Canadian ISP. She's going full Karen. Gonna tell them she still got 30-days if she wants to cancel and ask 'em what the point of High-speed is if the connection isn't stable. :SelenHAHAhere:

No for real she angy. She even took an anger nap yesterday!

Limkin

What a fag. Whoever start a tweet as "My experience with X" should immediately be blocked and ignored. Bitch better pray he is never going to work for an actually big company where they can genuinely forget about paying you with no malice attached, and not just small corpo that took on too many people before realizing that shit, no one fucking knows who we commissioned and for what anymore
Edit: "She". Ok, this explains a lot

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's OK fellas, she "hates herself" now for having posted that doc

123123.png

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
To clarify this, she was talking about covering the Kanaria song called Queen which a handful of other Hololive talents have covered, not a song from the English band, and the $250k figure had nothing to do with the mechanical licenses. She wanted to make an alternate arrangement of the song which would have required commissioning new instrumental tracks rather than using the pre-existing official instrumentals like the others did, and someone she went to priced up the job at $250k so she passed on it (and presumably just dropped the idea rather than trying to find someone else to do it for less).

The lack of response and the delayed payment looks bad on Idol's end, but it looks like the situation was ultimately resolved? Seems unprofessional for the artist to write a crypiece about it, especially with that insufferable emotionally-driven tone like they're 14 and the repeated "well you're a big company so uh, no u" shit.
Seems like she didnt get paid until she bitched about it.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Yup, got them switched in my head. You'll have to forgive me, I'm retarded and hurt myself in my confusion. :guradumbl:

That's what paying a "mechanical license" for a song means. It's actually pretty easy to cover a song by just paying for the mechanical license for it. The barrier is the cost for the license.

View attachment 31864
It depends on the release mechanism. Mechanical Licenses are for small stuff and direct sales. Think limited run CD/Vinyl or Bandcamp. Youtube/Spotify need custom licensing. Which is why so many Jpop songs are covered. It's both cheap & easy to get those.

Further, there's a reason certain bands are covered constantly on YouTube compared to others. It's very easy to get the rights and the writers have pre-existing payment structures.

Angeronii venting about her shitty Canadian ISP. She's going full Karen. Gonna tell them she still got 30-days if she wants to cancel and ask 'em what the point of High-speed is if the connection isn't stable. :SelenHAHAhere:

No for real she angy. She even took an anger nap yesterday!

If one finds themselves in Canada, either look into a 4G system or Starlink. Really not joking. Know a Youtuber that uses that to upload their videos because it's a lot faster than they can get to their home.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Not-Username

Audiophiles....:inanerdy:

Edit for those with lacking reading comprehension: I only called audiophiles (especially her) nerds

Last edited:

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
image.png

At least they responded pretty quick.
To me, this doesn't look bad on Idol at all, she didn't bother to send them an invoice till late night on the 20th?
And she somehow expected them to pay her all the things in the 2 days they didn't have the invoice?

Edit: I'm going to add in her own words from her document.
I see no proof of the invoice being sent, just her saying her boyfriend sent one on the 19th (retard, handle your own business).
And then a message on the 20th saying what email to expect an invoice from.
Edit: removed pic cause it's in the document anyway.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
She wanted to make an alternate arrangement of the song which would have required commissioning new instrumental tracks rather than using the pre-existing official instrumentals like the others did, and someone she went to priced up the job at $250k so she passed on it (and presumably just dropped the idea rather than trying to find someone else to do it for less).
That kinda sounds like someone's "I don't want to do this so I'll give them a crazy-high quote instead of telling them to go pound sand" price

Lurker McSpic

Ok I just skimmed through and this artist is a fucking retard. PL a bit here but from some experience looks like head jew was looking to get some artwork for free and this moron delivered. You never take work without talking payment and at most have half upfront or a part of it. You're also a freelancer, you don't have regular hours unless you tell them upfront when you're unavailable, fucker getting pissy about the client asking for updates ON THE WEEKEND! the horror. Never deliver the final file to someone new without payment for fucks sake, if you provide regular updates to the client they won't have issues paying you before delivering the final files if they're decent people.
This retard probably burned any bridge to any corpo out there and reads like a fucking child, so he'll probably get scammed soon again.

RiverBear

To me, this doesn't look bad on Idol at all, she didn't bother to send them an invoice till late night on the 20th?
And she somehow expected them to pay her all the things in the 2 days they didn't have the invoice?
I was under the impression it took like maybe a week or two for them to be paid because some companies do delay payment so they can roll over for the next month's budget or something.

but 2 days? and those over a weekend? bitch is retarded

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Limkin

Audiophiles....:inanerdy:
Counterpoint - she is actually making money on her audio equipment. That's infinitely better than all the "golden laced usb cables" and "natural lamps for authentic sound" degens
I was under the impression it took like maybe a week or two for them to be paid because some companies do wait for the next month's budget or something.

but 2 days? and those over a weekend? bitch is retarded
She was expecting them to contact her in person, for the high privilege of knowing how they will be capable of delivering their money to her. Instead, idk, sending an in-voice like people who know how to work with "big company" do. It's like if a guy at mcdonalds walked into your house, gave you food, and then left without saying a word and half a year later bitched about you not paying for the meal

Topo Chico

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Ok I just skimmed through and this artist is a fucking retard. PL a bit here but from some experience looks like head jew was looking to get some artwork for free and this moron delivered. You never take work without talking payment and at most have half upfront or a part of it. You're also a freelancer, you don't have regular hours unless you tell them upfront when you're unavailable, fucker getting pissy about the client asking for updates ON THE WEEKEND! the horror. Never deliver the final file to someone new without payment for fucks sake, if you provide regular updates to the client they won't have issues paying you before delivering the final files if they're decent people.
This retard probably burned any bridge to any corpo out there and reads like a fucking child, so he'll probably get scammed soon again.
It works both ways. If you pay an EN twitter artist for something upfront you might never get it; Kirsche's 3d model and that animation studio for example.

I'll be generous with Avi the Mensche and say he was juggling gen 3 idol debuts with this thing. She got paid, he hired someone to handle commercial work, things will be good.

She delivered art in a short turn around, 2-3 days after request, so I hope she gets more work.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
That kinda sounds like someone's "I don't want to do this so I'll give them a crazy-high quote instead of telling them to go pound sand" price
Either that, or a "this chick's the face of a megacorp who probably throw their entire budget into whatever she does and will approve shit without thinking, so I might as well try my luck" situation.

Either way she could've found someone to work with if she shopped around a bit, but she'd clearly lost interest by then. I'm not surprised honestly, Queen's a good song but it did feel a bit flavour of the month at that time when like every third vtuber was putting out a cover of it.

Lurker McSpic

It works both ways. If you pay an EN twitter artist for something upfront you might never get it; Kirsche's 3d model and that animation studio for example.

I'll be generous with Avi the Mensche and say he was juggling gen 3 idol debuts with this thing. She got paid, he hired someone to handle commercial work, things will be good.

She delivered art in a short turn around, 2-3 days after request, so I hope she gets more work.
Oh don't get me wrong I know the other side too, I've been on both sides. I'm putting more fault on the artist for being a complete retard and not even talk details with head jew properly and then have the fucking nerve to post a twitlonger when the company is looking for artists. Head jew seemed a bit shady with the test job thing because some of those always are scams to some degree but at least was decent enough to put a little more money to appease the retard mob. Just look at the responses, a bunch of fucking mongoloids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom