"By the way I'm graduating, Sakana's finally firing me. Sakana said he doesn't wanna work with me anymore, so after this month I'm graduating. I wasn't cute and funny enough"Amaris Yuri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short

God Damn the Sun
Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I feel like it would help if she just came clean about whateverthefuck she did, good or bad, and then just moved on. Or hell, even a 'I messed up but that's in the past' kind of thing might do her some good. Heck, turn it into a big stunt. 'Bunny comes clean' or something. If it wasn't even all that interesting, make it a total satire piece dumping on the drama-diggers. Something.
Doubt she can talk about it. Pretty sure Fishman has a gag order on her and she knows she fucked up once and probably wont risk fucking up again.

Lia mentioned a time back in September where her mental health wasn't doing well. She flat-out said she didn't know how much longer she wanted to go on before "uninstalling". She went on her hiatus to get herself together, and things have gotten a lot better since then. Not perfect, but better. She's been keeping busy to keep her mindset away from that. Thankfully, she said looking back on it, what she's doing now makes her happy, and she feels dumb for almost giving into that. She's now of the mindset that "things get better".
It was in October and she had a big meltdown on stream. She has mentioned that she had been taking meds for a while and since she was feeling fine about it she decided to just quit taking them. Things started getting really bad. Honestly when it comes to depression, the best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. When you have nothing to do your brain returns to the dark shitty places and the bad thoughts.

I honestly wouldn't be too shocked if this happened, if its for health reasons, living situation reasons, or just pure disinterest in hololive, it seems clear to me that Gura just can't be a streamer anymore. Now i fully believe cover would do anything in their power to keep Gura on board, she's worth vastly more as merchandise and a mascot than a streamer. But if anyone in HoloEN is likely to leave, i agree with the redditor that its gura I'd put money on.

Now I don't think Gura leaving would be a massive impact to Hololive or even HoloEN, you'd 100% have some drama and some fallout from it, but all of HoloEN would bounce back pretty quickly. The Biggest hit would be to Hololive merch, as now Gura is pretty much unusable given her departure, and they'd need a new face for HoloEN.

For the record i don't really think Gura will graduate, i am still firmly in the "too big to fail" or i guess leave camp, but stranger stuff has happened.
Maybe they are just pulling an Ayame. Possibly shit is going on in the background possibly with a close family member.

Maybe its cope but maybe they are going silent to cause a huge uproar when a bunch of shit drops. Back when Gura started she mentioned wanting to be on stage and wanting to do the whole idol thing. Remember the hype around HoloX when they basically got announced and dropped a few hours later? Gura does strike me like the person that would rather not say shit to avoid random questions.

Near the end of it, she let on stream a guy that she apparently knew IRL and they talked about going to cons and stuff. Later, after he left the call, she started crying, and that segment of the donothon was privated. I don't think anyone knows exactly what the problem was but one rrat is that she got bonked by management for having a male voice on stream, or maybe just someone that managers hadn't vetted first.
Maybe its because im not parasocial but honestly to me this was a huge nothingburger.

I mean, HoloEN's "strike gold" was Myth. I don't think they need to strike gold, the rest of the girls do well enough anyway. They are still the top VTubers on YouTube in terms of CCV.
I dont know. I feel like the market has grown enough since EN1 and there has been enough time since EN2 that EN3 will blow up. The problem might be if they dont pick content creators that stand out as much as the EN1 girls did.

EN honestly needs a leader who actually does shit and pushes the boundaries instead of a shy girl who never wanted to get popular and barely tries anything because of social autism and self doubt. Gura is the posterchild because she has the biggest numbers, but apart from that she's very similar to aqua. EN needs a Coco or a fubuki or pekora, someone who really takes up that mantle of figurehead and appears constantly, not a recluse.
Kiara seems to be that person. I would say that Ame fits the bill more but she prefers to do things behind the scenes and let someone else take the spotlight.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I watched it so now you have too.

braindoko

Murray you fool you debuted the model during Phase anniversary! You gotta pick better timing for that shit
IMG_4204.jpg
Looks cool, very 90's anime

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

View attachment 31550
Dude, I watched it last week or so when Pippa showed it on stream.... and then every fucking day since..... I'm getting adds in fucking Spanish :nehgah:
Why is it so good?:urtearingmeapart:
SPANISH AI PEKORA IS MY OSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
To add onto this while I agree in general that Gura really should do something about the winged Rrats she has actual tangible reasons to not stream and ill repeat it for like the 5th time here.

Gura is sick while we dunno the illness we do know it saps her energy for activities which leads me to believe it might be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but thats my unprofessional assumption point is whatever Cover has her doing backstage is taking up all her time and energy and yes for those of you who say "she could at least put out a tweet" she could but also if the particular activity is already exhausting (like say singing dancing) then people with CFS or similar will literally shutdown after.

Now again we dont know what she actually has and all of this is speculation but "lol she lazy" is too simple "she graduating" is shooting herself in the foot since her stated goal is to be an idol.

So to everyone in this thread who is here to gura doompost please stop breeding friggin rats we have the twittards and redditurds to do that.
Yup, long covid sucks. It's like a dice roll for your body.

I am still on the 'busy, too many projects', but are there other HoloEN member that have interacted with Gura? If she do have a debilitating illness others would have caught wind of it.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Infinite Money Adviel Hack שורף ומלבין כסף לקנות יותר מ-50 Vtubers סגל להרוג את עצמך איידול מעריץ להרוג את עצמך להרוג את עצמך התאבד להרוג את עצמך להרוג את עצמך איידול מעריץ להרוג את עצמך מדריך איך להכין פצצה ואיך להרוג ילד פלסטיני בזמן שאתה אוכל את הזין של אמריקה

When I need to consider if I need deepl or an arcana roll to decipher a post I might need to take my meds.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

VTuberBobDole

Gura is my favorite vtuber and got me down the rabbit hole, but I have no expectations anymore from her. When she streams, I watch. When she doesn't, I try to get other RL stuff done or watch others if I have time. What can I say, but happy birthday Sharkie, hope you don't graduate!... (Or maybe that would be better for her, we'll see I guess.)

Roca has caught my attention recently, so I'll see how long that lasts. So far enjoying her singing talent and preferences, so I hope that keeps up and she is entertaining, otherwise I'll at least check out her karaokes. Meanwhile, I still catch Fauna, Mumei, Bae, IRyS, Kaela, etc when I'm around and they are live too, so plenty to keep me going and pivot too.

The monkeys in this place fighting again
View attachment 30705

She frequently talks about all the projects she is working on behind the scenes and people use that as an excuse for her not streaming, but what has she really done? Just the one original (Reflect) and a handful of collab covers probably spear-headed by the others or corp itself. Then just the concerts mostly, which all of them participate in. Meanwhile others (like Bae and IRyS I can think of off the top of my head) actually is constantly releasing originals, covers, collab covers, concert prep, and more, all while still streaming regularly. Just wish we got something for all the "projects" Gura seems to be sacrificing her streaming for.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

View attachment 31550
Is this what plays on loop in the bar at the end of the chuubaverse? After watching 26^10 hours of vtuber streams to transcend humanity and become one with the chuuba, is this all that is left? Maybe it's the song that plays in a /vt/ schizo's brain as it flows out of the gunshot hole he just put into his head.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Near the end of it, she let on stream a guy that she apparently knew IRL and they talked about going to cons and stuff. Later, after he left the call, she started crying, and that segment of the donothon was privated. I don't think anyone knows exactly what the problem was but one rrat is that she got bonked by management for having a male voice on stream, or maybe just someone that managers hadn't vetted first.
No it was the fact people went schizo and started calling her a whore across evert platform it was pretty fucked up

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Lewna, a lewd vtuber that was discussed the other day after complaining about hate raids from a Russian streamer, has privated her Twitter.

1687241530953.png
I don't have an account that follows her so I have no idea what she's posting while it's locked, but searching for tweets tagging her suggests the situation has escalated, with a lot of Russian posting I honestly can't be fucked to translate right now.

Here's a Ukrainian (too easy) vtuber who seems to be taking her side, while having an obvious hatred for Russians and refusing to translate certain screencaps because "trust me bro".

Thread Archive 1 / Thread Archive 2 (No idea why the Archive site's breaking the page like this, it just is)
Screenshots and translations from the thread:
1687242581442.png1687242601645.png
1687242624662.png
1687242651879.png
1687242682711.png1687242709290.png
1687242729493.png
1687242754660.png
1687242779417.png
1687242792718.png
1687242858960.png1687242883445.png

Whatever lewnabun is saying behind the private account is rubbing some people as anti-Russian. Either that or her community have pushed that sentiment, I'm not sure.

Archive

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Yup, long covid sucks. It's like a dice roll for your body.

I am still on the 'busy, too many projects', but are there other HoloEN member that have interacted with Gura? If she do have a debilitating illness others would have caught wind of it.
There were no shortage of Gura mention from other members (Ame mentioned her like 4 times in her Watson Weekly stream), but if you're referring to confirmed interaction, including off-stream, there was only one I can think of.

Basically, someone in chat asked if she has talked to Gura and she went "Yeah, we chatted a little bit.", didn't really elaborate more beyond that though.

Maybe someone who watches Kiara can confirm if there were any recent Gura updates from her, since she IMO has the highest chance of giving updates on her genmates.

She frequently talks about all the projects she is working on behind the scenes and people use that as an excuse for her not streaming, but what has she really done? Just the one original (Reflect) and a handful of collab covers probably spear-headed by the others or corp itself. Then just the concerts mostly, which all of them participate in. Meanwhile others (like Bae and IRyS I can think of off the top of my head) actually is constantly releasing originals, covers, collab covers, concert prep, and more, all while still streaming regularly. Just wish we got something for all the "projects" Gura seems to be sacrificing her streaming for.
She did had a 3D concert last year, together with an animation. Those were the last things we ever got from her though.
Oh, and before that there was also that Big Brain Quiz Collab she organized, it was a fun albeit scuffed collab, and we can see that she put a lot of effort on that.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
No it was the fact people went schizo and started calling her a whore across evert platform it was pretty fucked up
Wasn't the whole reason for the shitshow that her femboy friend interrupted the ASMR she was doing as a donation goal?

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Last edited:

the Answer

RiverBear

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom