The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Some more subathon incentives Grimmi is planning:
Dming A call of cthulu stream campaign
A Manager Grimmi stream where she plays Idol Manager
A Grimmi and Gaspar stream
Getting a billboard that says "please love your cats"
Some ASMR streams. First being russian lady, then yandere lady, may do a cannibal one or not
New outfit
A tweet of chats choice
A hot tub stream
Three shots and then write a story

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Shuba-Pass by @miwa_koku.jpg

Watchalong. Now.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Also since we on the Topic of Vshojo gonna links this before I forget:

The room for Kson first year annyversary live is up, I wonder if is prerecorded or actually live and if there will be any guesT assuming all is being done in japan, I don't expect any Vshojo member to show up, and Nazuna doesn't have 3d model (thinking about it has nazuna done any singing since becoming Nazuna? Rushia wasn't a super music focused member but she did have a couple originals and covers so surprised Nazuna hasn't even done a karaoke stream I'm aware off)

Speaking of Nazuna she is live right now playing SMW

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
and building a new PC means transferring everything over
You could always get boot usb with shot like acronis and paragon for disk cloning and backup, total commander for file transfer

or just shove your old drives into a new setup

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
You could always get boot usb with shot like acronis and paragon for disk cloning and backup, total commander for file transfer

This might as well be ancient Greek to 99.9% of vtubers.

Edit: I didn't realize this was a sidebar, my bad.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Sure, but a lot of the time the old drives are shitty and cluttered. I ripped the drives out of the PC that died, stuck them into a docking station and just pulled what I wanted off of them and then wiped them before tossing them as one was an HDD and the other was a small SSD, but I still missed things I didn't think about like the password to my homeland throwaway email.

Part of the fun of a new PC is getting rid of the files you never use.

Edit: And for anyone throwing away old drives, always destroy them, you don't need passwords to get data off them if you just set them up as external drives and look at the hidden folders.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
This might as well be ancient Greek to 99.9% of vtubers.
SHOVE RECTANGLE THING IN PLACE OF NEW RECTANGLE THINGS IN YOUR PROCESSOR!!!!!
LONG SMALL RECTANGLE THING GOES INTO SMALL HOLE UNDER SQUARE COMPUTER BRAIN!!!!!!

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

There was Billy and Mandy talk on Pippa's stream yesterday, and today we have this.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
For someone who doesn't know anything about Vshojo, what's so bad about them?

Many of them are genuinely unlikable people and/or have shown to be shitty behind the scenes. Only ironmouse is clean of drama for the most part from the "core" group. Kson and Nazuna are barely Vshojo, they just have the logo in their stream so when people say they dislike Vshojo they aren't even thinking about those 2 either.

They were also seen initially as opportunists jumping on the vtuber bandwagon by joining together just to be able to say "Hey we're a corpo too!" - while also still carrying the baggage and stigma of their past content (Nyanners in particular). A lot of the early EN chuuba fans were also very wary of the perceived impact of them and their existing fans entering the space/scene - as they also pretty much embodied what everyone feared HoloEN/Myth would be pre-debut - namely, being just thot streamers behind avatars with nothing else to entertain the audience but crass/lewd peepee & poopoo jokes, with no regard for the holy "kayfabe" that was so sacrosanct to early chuuba fans at the time.

TBH, for all the fear and dislike they garnered, VShoujo and their fans have pretty much been mostly self-contained and walled off by streaming mainly on Twitch.

SHOVE RECTANGLE THING IN PLACE OF NEW RECTANGLE THINGS IN YOUR PROCESSOR!!!!!
LONG SMALL RECTANGLE THING GOES INTO SMALL HOLE UNDER SQUARE COMPUTER BRAIN!!!!!!

Watch them brick their fucking motherboards/GPUs.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Most media is not very memorable as almost every movie and tv show will be forgotten after enough time has passed and the reason we think older media is good is because all we have left are the bits that survived through time and not the countless pieces of trash no one can even name anymore. If you watch some older movies, especially ones outside of eras in which you've lived in, they will seem alien. I remember finding out "The Fountain Head" by Ayn Rand had a movie adaptation in black and white, and while works like that are always poorly adapted, this adaptation felt like a weird clip show that was played out of order, but that's just how they made movies back then, they'd hit what they thought were the high notes and splice them together in hopes that people would piece the story together in their heads. It was much closer to theater.

Streams have an interesting opportunity though, in that they have so much quantity that there's a bigger chance of one being memorable, if the person streaming is doing interesting things and not just going with the flow. I think Pippa does enough to challenge things that some of her content will be memorable even if most of it won't be, which is unavoidable.
There are plenty of artists who consistently produce good works. For example, most of Stanley Kubrick's films are considered great (I'd agree with this), and has far more great movies than mere chance would suggest, like your theory seems to imply.

In this context, Pippa doesn't want to produce a huge load of streams in the hopes of having a few great ones, or producing hours of streams in the hopes of a good 5-10 minute sharable clip, but rather, consistently producing streams of great quality. I already think she does though, but maybe I'm biased.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

The madman is back already and just cracked a Red Bull.

He slept for 6-7 hours and then some college kids started throwing a rager and he couldn't sleep.

He also got kicked out of a high school due to ditching too much to play D2 and had to finish at another school lol.

He's streaming now to fill the Tempus streaming gap between "garbage League of Legends and Based Gundam Evolution".

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Vesper is streaming Diablo 2 on Twitch.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

There was Billy and Mandy talk on Pippa's stream yesterday, and today we have this.

That show was ahead of its time, i remember my parents used to sit and watch it with me because it wasn't just childish brainrot and they enjoyed the sometimes really dark fucking humour.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
There are plenty of artists who consistently produce good works. For example, most of Stanley Kubrick's films are considered great (I'd agree with this), and has far more great movies than mere chance would suggest, like your theory seems to imply.
I don't think it's mere chance, but I also don't think it's as simple in this case as someone like Kubrick will ultimately product very few movies in his lifetime and while he's had a high success rate, the reality is that there's a massive risk to that kind of model even for someone like him. Shyamalan has been involved in a bit more movies than Kubrick, but Shyamalan tends to have a very different average of quality and both are rather good at their craft. It's not mere chance that they have had the success that they had, as someone like Neil Breen will never make a movie on their level regardless of budget, but there's also a world of difference between Kubrick and Shyamalan despite them both being able to make great movies.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that there's a level of quality to quantity as well, but not in the sense that something should just be shit out in hopes of stumbling on a gem by chance. For example, in certain forms of engineering there's actually in inability to produce a product with enough accuracy consistently, so they will make a batch, test it, then sell the pieces that passed the quality as type A, and those that failed as type B. Both are very high quality tools, but one is statistically exceptional, and that's what I think a lot of great media is, the best parts of a lot of iteration.

In this context, Pippa doesn't want to produce a huge load of streams in the hopes of having a few great ones, or producing hours of streams in the hopes of a good 5-10 minute sharable clip, but rather, consistently producing streams of great quality. I already think she does though, but maybe I'm biased
I think this is where I read her post a bit differently. If she just wants to constantly produce content that's of quality, then she's already there like you said, but if she's trying to make memorable content like that of a show or movie, well that's not very possible when she streams five nights a week for several hours each stream. There's going to be a level of redundancy and filler, unintentionally or otherwise, in that format and the parts that will be remembered are clips or one out of every x streams. Though that's the case for shows with a lot of seasons, people usually won't remember a lot of the episodes, but they will remember specific episodes or scenes from episodes.

Koros Apogee

In 8 hours, Delutaya will do her Karaoke stream soon.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
"A Fishymancer (Diablo 2) is like Cali-senpai in Mario Party.. you do nothing and still win." Granpire is spicy tonight lol

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Fuu-chan song

I gave it a listen and honestly is not really my cuppa o tea. Good for him for making an original song and lore focused stuff at that, but the song just didn't click to me.

Or maybe this is my first time hearing him singing alone and it just didn't sound great to me.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
"A Fishymancer (Diablo 2) is like Cali-senpai in Mario Party.. you do nothing and still win." Granpire is spicy tonight lol
"It's not sussy at all, it's just a butt-hole."
"Alright, I'm going into the butt-hole."

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Pippa getting slightly existential since she can't do a stream:

Had a think about this, and I think Pippa is approaching this the wrong way. You have streamers you like because of the experience they offer from their personality, interests, and topics. Experiences aren't art in the same way that hanging with your mate isn't art. And I find plenty of Pippa's streams to be quite memorable, like Pippa playing chess and abusing her opponent like she was playing on xbox live, singing Ram Ranch at a concert, rating the pokemon she'd screw, or group-watching the Love on a Leash movie. Subjective opinions of course, but then everyone's opinions on what a good stream is subjective.

I think Pippa is thinking about stream as an artistic form of expression that can be immortalized or taken with someone as something that passes on through life in some way shape or form. People remember certain curated art that lasts for an extremely long period of time. People on some level know who Beethoven, Bach, or Chopin are because their music has influenced people for literally hundreds of years that their names are almost synonymous with music itself. Shakespeare's works linger for centuries as just about everyone knows Romeo and Juliet on some level, and if they don't they've probably seen a story influenced by it. Some historical stories and myths are hundreds of years old and are ripped off or repurposed to this day such as: King Arthur, "Demon King" Oda Nobunaga, The American Revolution, etc. The relevant figureheads and the events told in those stories have impacted the world forever as people still talk about the latter two events and King Arthur with Excalibur is an extremely popular mythological figure in western mythology that has since lasted even to today with the likes of the Fate series repurposing the figures in that legend.

Those are all aspects of leaving behind what people would probably consider a legacy and an impact on the world as opposed to just simply living as a faceless nobody who lives, works, and dies. Depending on how much you give a shit about that, their is something comforting to be said that something you worked on has influenced life as you live and more importantly, when you die. It can give one's life meaning or purpose.

On a more personal level that isn't about art, if someone saves the person who would become the next great world leader, that is on some level part of their legacy. That idea is what influences people to try to save lives, especially in very dangerous professions like Firefighting as opposed to being a Doctor. For without them that world leader would not be there, they'd be dead. Even on a less dramatic level, saving someone so they can live their life and where that life goes is part of the legacy of their savior. If a wise life guru passes on and the students they taught use their wisdom and pass it on, then that guru's legacy lingers so long as someone takes up their teachings. Or on a smaller level, using Pippa, if Pippa keeps someone for an heroing themselves long enough for them to stand on their own feet, then that is part of her legacy and her impact on this world. Knowing that they are making an impact can give someone purpose and meaning.

To simplify this whole autism, the average e-thot has little to no impact on the world even if they are materially successful, while a personality that influences people in ways that linger with them for life has impact in some way. Pippa wants to be the latter, likely because she feels her life is pointless if she doesn't make an impact on the world.

Most media is not very memorable as almost every movie and tv show will be forgotten after enough time has passed and the reason we think older media is good is because all we have left are the bits that survived through time and not the countless pieces of trash no one can even name anymore. If you watch some older movies, especially ones outside of eras in which you've lived in, they will seem alien. I remember finding out "The Fountain Head" by Ayn Rand had a movie adaptation in black and white, and while works like that are always poorly adapted, this adaptation felt like a weird clip show that was played out of order, but that's just how they made movies back then, they'd hit what they thought were the high notes and splice them together in hopes that people would piece the story together in their heads. It was much closer to theater.

Streams have an interesting opportunity though, in that they have so much quantity that there's a bigger chance of one being memorable, if the person streaming is doing interesting things and not just going with the flow. I think Pippa does enough to challenge things that some of her content will be memorable even if most of it won't be, which is unavoidable.
Media doesn't have to be memorable so much as it needs impact that settles it somewhere as a relevant dot in the extremely broad and varied history of life as a whole. A piece of media that influences future works or people that may be remembered in its place is still impactful even if we don't remember its origin as easily as what it influence. It is why a common media trope with mentor characters is to die, but their teachings live on as the bittersweet ending to the story. That is part of having a legacy, is having those who come after you be influenced by you to later influence others. People create art to express something, to influence people positively or negatively, to tell their story so it can be remembered. Pippa in her existential dread is probably wondering if streaming could also do the same based on how she seems to be talking. The title of the work isn't as important as the ideas and memories it carries and creates with its efforts.

You and many others might not remember The Seven Samurai, the 50s Japanese movie, but you can find traces of its influence as a film throughout cinema and other media despite it being a foreign movie during a time when foreign films had little cultural impact outside of their place of origin. Older art from somewhere influenced other people to make their own art, so even if you don't care about it and the general public has forgotten it, it did matter. Jazz music and Elvis could be another example of this, as depending on who you ask Elvis' "rock and roll" was influenced by Jazz musicians. So even if those musicians aren't as remembered as Elvis, they do matter as influences for what would become his life's work. Elvis is a musical icon and his influences are also important to his work. The name is gone, but the idea lives on.

This is true with people as well. At some point in time we carry with us a lesson we learned from our parents or some other teacher in our life. That person has influenced us and whatever we carry from that influence is part of their impact on the world. It seems Pippa wants to do something similar with her streams to feel she has purpose in her life given how she seems to be feeling right now.

On a happier note: Altare and Alban had to work at a Wendy and Mcdonald's drive through respectively mid collab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom