"I'm single and available to whoever will have me; I accept invitations to dinner, to the movies and dancing, I love dancing; Also loving is sharing and you can share me with everyone else!"Banzoin Hakka's mom

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBear

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
It's evolving

Archive

Kinda wish they'd do this to Hex instead. Vox is more of a charismatic dumbass struggling to balance between numbers and happiness because of a specific community surge nobody expected to happen when Luxiem was coming out. Meanwhile, Hex has peddled to the Chinese fujo market from the very beginning, has done blatantly shady shit, and doesn't even have the same amount of charisma in collabs. Most he's got is the Corpse voice, if anything.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Someone subbed Luis new banger MV they also did overd
After finally understanding these lyrics it reads like a social anxiety anthem

Social anxiety and cope/pent-up rage at the "flock of fools" and at herself, I'd say.

I also recommend watching Sakamata's P.E.T. with subtitles, from the same channel. Weird metaphors come to mind when you have one singer playing both parts of an abusive relationship.

This then made me curious about who does translations for the talents' individual projects in Holo. Just from a glance, recent HoloJP original songs that have official EN TLs credit "fts" and T-chan. Reflect also credits fts. Daydream and A New Start credit Eric Zheng and T-chan. Play Dice and Psycho only credit T-chan for "captions".

For episodic content, Watame's Have a Nice Day credits "arc_" and T-chan. Legend of Polka credits Desmond Pang, "Seele" and T-chan.

If you like listening to Oh! Asmara many many times, Kobo is holding a cover competition on stream.

Last edited:

Limkin

Kinda wish they'd do this to Hex instead. Vox is more of a charismatic dumbass struggling to balance between numbers and happiness because of a specific community surge nobody expected to happen when Luxiem was coming out. Meanwhile, Hex has peddled to the Chinese fujo market from the very beginning, has done blatantly shady shit, and doesn't even have the same amount of charisma in collabs. Most he's got is the Corpse voice, if anything.
Models were designed as a blatant fujobait. Even if people who applied for the wave weren't expecting they would have to deal with it, the moment designs were out it was sealed in stone. The fact that they never even tried to move away from it and mostly enabled them is not helping either. Also, the fujos were bloodthirsty for guys, they were expecting them instead of Ethyria and having to wait any longer made them go absolute rabid. If Niji released two normal mixed gens instead of Ethyria and Luxiem, I don't think it would've escalated to this degree. But they knew exactly what they were doing, what demographic they were targeting, and how to please them
Edit: I forgot, Hex can go fuck himself that I wholeheartedly agree

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Models were designed as a blatant fujobait. Even if people who applied for the wave weren't expecting they would have to deal with it, the moment designs were out it was sealed in stone. The fact that they never even tried to move away from it and mostly enabled them is not helping either. Also, the fujos were bloodthirsty for guys, they were expecting them instead of Ethyria and having to wait any longer made them go absolute rabid. If Niji released two normal mixed gens instead of Ethyria and Luxiem, I don't think it would've escalated to this degree. But they knew exactly what they were doing, what demographic they were targeting, and how to please them
Edit: I forgot, Hex can go fuck himself that I wholeheartedly agree
Oh, I'm not saying they weren't fujobait from the start, it just doesn't feel like they were expecting a surge that big and that difficult to manage, and they probably weren't expecting it to primarily be Chinese fujos (aka probably one of the worst kinds). To be fair on the "Hex peddling to Chinese from the start" though, I kinda wonder how much of this is on him, and how much of it was on whichever middle management boomer set up his character in an attempt to replicate Vox's success. I mean, you've got Vox -- a charming handsome guy with a deep voice who's got a simple 3-letter name ending in an x because that's cool. Then, you've got Hex -- a charming (not really, but intended to be) handsome guy with a deeper voice who's got a simple 3-letter name ending in an x because that's cool.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Mr. Bean wathalong with Layla Alstroemeria. She is really cute.:mikothumbsl:

cucurut

Offkai ticket update from around 2023-06-14 01:02:50 UTC
1686704570211300.jpg

Bit of paranoia
from anons
View attachment 30305
(catbox)
1686743770467.png
Paranoid tard. Well, at least we have proof "the list" psy-op worked on someone.

ANYCOLOR Financial results for fiscal year 2023 Q4 are out.
Highlights
1686754453764.png1686754501632.png1686754673952.png1686754706686.png1686754764553.png1686754818805.png

1686754992658.png1686755010575.png1686755027425.png1686755069593.png
E: Just so everyone is clear on what 2023 Q4 is
1686757025965.png

Wemi in an hour

Attachments

• 00.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 00 (1).pdf
    272.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Damn, so their net profit's more than doubled since last year? That seems impressive, although it's hard not to worry it'll motivate them to keep up the same management style that's gotten them so much shit recently.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Apparently, not-Ame was doing karaoke and no one noticed.

Or I am blind, whatever.

Last edited:

No Name

cucurut

Damn, so their net profit's more than doubled since last year? That seems impressive, although it's hard not to worry it'll motivate them to keep up the same management style that's gotten them so much shit recently.
Similar increase to Cover

E:
Notable things
1) The fears that Niji is cannibalizing it's own fanbase with new gens are very much no longer baseless rumors, viewership numbers dwindled despite multiple gens releases. It's been pretty obvious if you look at collabs or just multiple people streaming at the same time, they all take massive hits to their usual numbers, but now we have a company approved official doomposting graph
2) Despite significantly increasing amount of vtubers the numbers of employees stays relatively the same. So they just don't give a shit about managers probably being overworked and assigned more than reasonable amount of talents (I mean personal managements not assholes who decide things), which may or may not contribute to overall lack of communication. But they did apparently hire at least one new lol, and decided to put a guy alone on entire gen that just got released
3) There is very sharp decline in income comparing top 5 to top 20. And afterwards you are basically irrelevant. Also the F/M ratio on people who spend money is scary. 2/3 of your company spenders are women at the age of 25. Now, this is as unscientific as it gets, but is 2/3 of Nijisanji income really coming alone from chinese fujoshi? Thats really fucked up. You aren't sucking chinese dick, you are deepthroating it while massaging balls and more than one at a time
I will highlight more the EN watch hours over past year.
1686758626614.png

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Easy to profit when you take a 98% cut on merch sales

:smugpipi::smugina::smugselen:

Limkin

Notable things
1) The fears that Niji is cannibalizing it's own fanbase with new gens are very much no longer baseless rumors, viewership numbers dwindled despite multiple gens releases. It's been pretty obvious if you look at collabs or just multiple people streaming at the same time, they all take massive hits to their usual numbers, but now we have a company approved official doomposting graph
2) Despite significantly increasing amount of vtubers the numbers of employees stays relatively the same. So they just don't give a shit about managers probably being overworked and assigned more than reasonable amount of talents (I mean personal managements not assholes who decide things), which may or may not contribute to overall lack of communication. But they did apparently hire at least one new lol, and decided to put a guy alone on entire gen that just got released
3) There is very sharp decline in income comparing top 5 to top 20. And afterwards you are basically irrelevant. Also the F/M ratio on people who spend money is scary. 2/3 of your company spenders are women at the age of 25. Now, this is as unscientific as it gets, but is 2/3 of Nijisanji income really coming alone from chinese fujoshi? Thats really fucked up. You aren't sucking chinese dick, you are deepthroating it while massaging balls and more than one at a time

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Now, this is as unscientific as it gets, but is 2/3 of Nijisanji income really coming alone from chinese fujoshi? Thats really fucked up. You aren't sucking chinese dick, you are deepthroating it while massaging balls and more than one at a time
Technically, they're licking Chinese pussy in this instance, I believe.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Anycolor probably doesn't care much about views per liver, but more on the total views of the entire branch.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Remember when we get the Kson Pippa collab to thank Dizzy Doko

The true Holy Grail of Holo-PC collabs might arguably be Calli-Tenma (alcohol and gamer words, with questionable gameplay) or IRyS-Uruka (yabIRyS & "Seiso" Bear).

Honorable mention to Kiara-Panko (most "fuck" & "BITCH" said ever in any collab); I would really like to see the Axis powers collab.

Reject degeneracy

I mean yeah. But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom