"I'll show you real racism!"Kaneko Lumi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
At this point, I'd rather them just start their own channel as indie duos (or do what Suzuhara Lulu did). Still a shame because I really like their designs and hope Akira stays a tomboy if that's the route they go. It's obvious they're not that valued at MangaGamer even though they've apparently worked there for the better half of a decade.

My only worry is the reality of them funding 2 Live2Ds, considering I don't imagine they're rolling in dough. And I doubt they have Rushia level of gachikoi that can create one for them on a week's notice.
I'm not too knowledgeable about their fanbase but if they had enough people willing to cash in they could probably pull through a crowdfunding project if they really wanted to (some indie VTubers/VSingers often hold something similar usually for 3D funds or an extensive plan that requires extra funding)
Seeing that they got cut off unwillingly I do hope they manage to find a way to stream again, all the best for anything they end up going with later on

In HoloID news, Area15 collab stream is happening now and they announced that all three will be receiving new costumes this month

Last edited:

RiverBear

I'm not too knowledgeable about their fanbase but if they had enough people willing to cash in they could probably pull through a crowdfunding project if they really wanted to (some indie VTubers/VSingers often hold something similar usually for 3D funds or an extensive plan that requires extra funding)
Seeing that they got cut off unwillingly I do hope they manage to find a way to stream again, all the best for anything they end up going with later on

In HoloID news, Area15 collab stream is happening now and they announced that all three will be receiving new costumes this month

Irys Costume doko

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
At this point, I'd rather them just start their own channel as indie duos (or do what Suzuhara Lulu did). Still a shame because I really like their designs and hope Akira stays a tomboy if that's the route they go. It's obvious they're not that valued at MangaGamer even though they've apparently worked there for the better half of a decade.

My only worry is the reality of them funding 2 Live2Ds, considering I don't imagine they're rolling in dough. And I doubt they have Rushia level of gachikoi that can create one for them on a week's notice.
Maybe if they got enough saved away:
Crossposted from homeland.

Remember that Yaxie Lotte Vtuber I posted a long, long time ago?
View attachment 2736

Well it looks like she's stopped her Vtuber activities and is now selling her models. All of her models. For $5,500. The reason?

Yaxie Lotte was a "wholesome" Vtuber turned coombaiter. And now she's probably graduating for real this time. Unceremoniously at that. Although it was unfortunate to see what she has become, I wish her the best of luck and favorable winds. Getting hacked is no fun at all. It must be the reason why her fansly account was frozen. How she got hacked though remains a question.

Not sure how some would react and i'm not familiar with their content at all but I remember the original Go! Go! Nippon game had some fanservicey moments.

Edit: Looks like Yaxie walked those offers back.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Irys Costume doko
Her redesign isn't due until at least November. I am more surprised ID3 aren't getting their new outfits first, but they may be next after this.

As for the GGN twins, I agree that crowdfunding could be the best route for them. I guess MG could have been paying them the same salary from before they started Vtubing and could have either decided to fire them completely, or decided they did not produce enough returns to justify their activities as VTubers next to what they were being paid. Either way, fuck MG.

I'd like to see them take a shot at auditioning for real corpos. The whole actual twins thing is a great hook, imo. I think Holo or Niji could do something interesting with that. Also, being bilingual is a huge boon.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Rare doublepost just because entirely different subject:
And now RPR talks about meeting DemonDice
That... seems like something he should not have done while streaming with those two lol...

it is cool he tried to facilitate a Holo/Niji AMOGUS collab, though. That would be fun to see come to fruition.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Her redesign isn't due until at least November. I am more surprised ID3 aren't getting their new outfits first, but they may be next after this.
If I remember correctly, there was a Discord leak from Kobo and one of the channels is "New Year costume" so that's probably when they are getting theirs.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Enna learning the 50 United States of America.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Some degen in the wAIfu thread posted a mega upload link to 158 sub 10 or 5 sec snippets of Yabairys out of context with coomer titles I knew there was a reason for calling her that but Jesus woman some of these are REALLY bad out of context

Edit: oh shit that's just one folder there is so much more than I thought Jesus Christ the coomer grindset no knows no bounds apparently

Meanwhile Madlass Kaela kills warden by smacking it with a fish

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
Good news for anyone filtered by Factorio

I'm wondering how the split is, I'm on the side "will buy the game later themselves".

• And now RPR talks about meeting DemonDice

Is Vesper the only one streaming this? Because a timestamp could be interesting if they did more than just politely ignore him on that remark.

Her redesign isn't due until at least November

Wasn't IRyS' costume supposed to come out "soon™" after her anniversary stream? Pretty sure this was postponed atleast once to november and she isn't sure if it will even happen this year.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Wasn't IRyS' costume supposed to come out "soon™" after her anniversary stream? Pretty sure this was postponed atleast once to november and she isn't sure if it will even happen this year.
I don't think she said anything other than November. It was never going to be soon after her anniversary, from what I remember.

Piarro

Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

As for the GGN twins, I agree that crowdfunding could be the best route for them. I guess MG could have been paying them the same salary from before they started Vtubing and could have either decided to fire them completely, or decided they did not produce enough returns to justify their activities as VTubers next to what they were being paid. Either way, fuck MG.

I'd like to see them take a shot at auditioning for real corpos. The whole actual twins thing is a great hook, imo. I think Holo or Niji could do something interesting with that. Also, being bilingual is a huge boon.
>I am more surprised ID3 aren't getting their new outfits first, but they may be next after this.

IIRC the Kobo discord leak that had a channel referencing kimonos for the new year. ID2 debuted in 12/20 and didn't get second outfits until 08/21. I wouldn't be surprised if ID3 got kimonos (along with the rest of ID) either shortly after or shortly before their second outfit. Kobo's birthday is December 12th so they could pack that second week of December with the birthday celebration and new outfits.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Is Vesper the only one streaming this? Because a timestamp could be interesting if they did more than just politely ignore him on that remark.

They just hard sandbagged that, lol. Axel is streaming on Twitch, RPR is not.

They were just talking company vs indie, permissions and stuff. Axel says, as a company streamer, if you do dumb shit you can loose permissions for the whole company, and affect not only yourself, but a lot of people. "Now when we are here, we are Holostars, we have to be extra careful".

RPR said every now and then he is toying with an idea of becoming a company vtuber, but scared of being too recognisable, like insta-doxxed.

They were talking about The Splattoon Stuff, and Axel liked the idea to use chromakey - that was smart, but was harsh on the topic matter. "It could've cost Splattoon to all vtubers, not just them". After today's stream, Axel really goes up in my book, he has a head on his shoulders, and him talking about working in a hotel in Japan helped too, lol

Enna learning the 50 United States of America.

Oh, I really like the thumbnail art! How people can draw like that?

Speaking of art, Holoctober 14 - Cowboy

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Depends on which costume you mean, I suppose.

Her New Years' outfit is currently ten months late.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
While learning about Utah: "Chat, what's a more-mon?"
Fun stream so far.
Fun stream until North Dakota tries to steal South Dakota's Hokage mountain to the presidents.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
>I am more surprised ID3 aren't getting their new outfits first, but they may be next after this.

IIRC the Kobo discord leak that had a channel referencing kimonos for the new year. ID2 debuted in 12/20 and didn't get second outfits until 08/21. I wouldn't be surprised if ID3 got kimonos (along with the rest of ID) either shortly after or shortly before their second outfit. Kobo's birthday is December 12th so they could pack that second week of December with the birthday celebration and new outfits.
Honestly, I always forget they debuted after HoloFes. They seem like they have been around for longer since they fit in so well.

I do wish Cover would not use New Years for second outfits, though. I always saw those as outside of the outfit cycle, though they are clearly not treated as such now.
They were talking about The Splattoon Stuff, and Axel liked the idea to use chromakey - that was smart, but was harsh on the topic matter. "It could've cost Splattoon to all vtubers, not just them". After today's stream, Axel really goes up in my book, he has a head on his shoulders, and him talking about working in a hotel in Japan helped too, lol
I know the "Axel dumb" meme gets played up a lot for laughs, but he really is level-headed and hard to dislike. Makes sense to hear he worked in service, guess that is where he got all his patience from.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
They just hard sandbagged that, lol. Axel is streaming on Twitch, RPR is not.

They were just talking company vs indie, permissions and stuff. Axel says, as a company streamer, if you do dumb shit you can loose permissions for the whole company, and affect not only yourself, but a lot of people. "Now when we are here, we are Holostars, we have to be extra careful".

RPR said every now and then he is toying with an idea of becoming a company vtuber, but scared of being too recognisable, like insta-doxxed.

Surely RPR knows that every company vtuber is insta-doxxed. He wouldn't be an exception. That said the bigger problem would be his non-vtuber Twitch collab partners, most would be fine but there might be some who don't see a reason to respect the separation of identity.

Axel is and has always been a wise man.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Here's some 'late' replies I wanted to comment on after the past week did it's absolute best to destroy my professional life (and failed to do so because I cannot be stopped).
Along with Nazuna, they get by fine but are not as successful compared to when they were in Hololive. The hype of joining Vshojo did not last very long and everybody just went on as usual.
That's because joining Vshojo largely does nothing except give you the ability to put 'Vshojo' on your twitter handle. I know they occasionally do more brand forward things, but Kson joined them and then just kept doing what she normally did anyway. They made a big deal out of the announcement live on stage, and then pretty much nothing else has happened since then.

Also I may be lacking context, they're the first JP gen to debut since I joined the fandom, so maybe this is how it goes for all JP gens.
I actually think Gen 5 was largely afforded the same opportunities, and I recall them being very involved in events and stuff. It's just that the whole of Hololive was overshadowed by EN for a good year or so. Even a couple of the 5th gen girls have talked about how they were kinda bummed about their own growth in comparison to the EN girls (because they debuted around the same time) and they viewed them all as some kind of genius generation or some lofty shit like that. I also think the 6th gen girls having all 5 of their members helps push the idea they are more present than 5th gen as well. So I'm sure they are all treated the same, but I only have 6th and 5th gen to compare because I only started watching hololive after 4th gen debuted.

Jokes aside, this twitchcon was a goldmine of retarded shit happening.
That twitter thread is an unironically endless parade of 'disabled' people complaining that the entire world doesn't bend to their every specific need.
Maybe Hitler wasn't wrong about everything...:smugpipi:

This makes me like it even more. Greed is good! Drawing cards is good!
Did you know that Pippa of Greed allows me to draw two molds from my drawer and add them to my hand?

Chat is already telling her that she'd have to pay taxes for both the US and Japan, which is wrong.
I feel like I am sometimes the chumbud defense force because they get the blame for things that are either exaggerated or occasionally didn't even happen (such as the Iofi amogus drama), but I'll be clear and state that I also believe that chumbuds have a bigger ratio of retards to normal people than usual, and that the people tying to convince her she would have to pay taxes twice are morons of the highest order.

Sakana is just a typical chink man. Women are not human beings to him at all.
Whoa hang on, I thought I was supposed to hate this guy?
:smugpipi:

Hoshikawa Sara (and Ars Amal too I think) bans posting of clips from their streams because there has been an epidemic of clippers making misleading titles and/or translations.
"We know that 95% of all clips are in good faith, but we absolutely have to punish you good people doing a good service along with the bad people!" What an absolutely retarded way to handle this. The people creating the misleading stuff will just keep doing it whilst the people who actually respect you will get shafted. Can't stand this line of reasoning for anything, and I think it's objectively bad for their community.

1:01:30 girl has nice honkers
You know I bonk'd you, but I also wholeheartedly agree!
and I definitely would

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Another preYdator (Owl x Rrat) cover song coming in a couple hours:

Praid

Just another idiot
I'm not too knowledgeable about their fanbase but if they had enough people willing to cash in they could probably pull through a crowdfunding project if they really wanted to
That's something I would throw some money at if they considered it. They have a small but pretty dedicated community. I'm sure whatever they do the community will follow them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom