"Chat, when you manage to live rent free in people's heads, that's when you know you've made it chat"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Can you earn a living as a vtuber? Pekora tries to explain

Retirement plans with currency coversion, Millie got an idea

Altare bought an edgy controller

AI artist steals unfinished art to feed it to the bots and then posted it, before the original artist even finished. Now original artist is aquised of plagiarism, because "look at the time of tweets!"

EDIT: fuck me, it's "accuse" not "aquise". Perfect language is perfect!

This is fucked.

Please allow me to dogpile on Sakana as well:
Not sure if this is part of Sakanas personality or just the reality of running most of your company on a public discord server; but one thing that stands out about him, compared to the jp vtuber CEO's, is just how much he talks, comments and reveals about PC. One of the things that made Iago kind of likeable was the fact that the only thing he really said for 2 years was おめでとう!!!!!! Or put another way he was likeable because he remained quiet, even though I am sure his company had many issues at the beginning, be it financial, yt copyright or drama related. Not commenting on these things made him feel professional. Iago is just an example of course, most modern - (especially jp)- CEO's tend to be that way.
And then we have Sakana
Millenial gonna millenial.

Well, Tenma is streaming with Artemis. Not sure why you would want to watch it, but here's the link if you're a masochist. Don't say any stupid shit in chat though.

Tenma is carrying hard. That said, I know the standard is to shit on Artemis but had not heard him in a while and his voice is way more pleasant to listen to now.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Who is ready to watch Pippa play some chess?

I'm betting someone manages to pull a child's checkmate off on her.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Sava did that thing again...

vivaldi_AaXeDzAWf6.png

vivaldi_XaOYWvj9Ws.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Jan K. Hater

If they already worked for and continue to work for MangaGamer, it makes even less sense to make them stop unless they are getting canned, imo.
Mangagamer was originally started by the head of Overdrive, Hiroshi Takeuchi, who managed to rope a couple other eroge publishers into the project, so the bosses have a very Japanese business mindset while the day-to-day workers are western nerds. Gogo Nippon is kind of a pet project for Hiroshi and that's probably why we got vtubers in the first place, but I'm assuming he needed to hit big goals to prove to the other owners that the project was worth continuing. While getting a GGN sequel is good for Overdrive and justifies Makoto and Akira, the numbers probably just weren't enough for his partners.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Who is ready to watch Pippa play some chess?

I'm betting someone manages to pull a child's checkmate off on her.

Well not now that you've alerted her, HI PIPPA! 👋 Look up Scholar's mate! I'm looking forward to this stream, I though this story was really interesting even if it's kind of lot of nothing. I agree with not wanting to play against known or admitted cheaters though.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Peagade drew something wholesome for a change. with the help of 2 other people

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
Also starting in a few minutes: Horror game... combo? Parody?
Ah Slender, the game that helped kick off a fairly dark period for horror games IMO, where devs made low effort cashgrabs in hopes that LPers like Pewdiepie and Markiplier will play them to advertise the game.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Ah Slender, the game that helped kick off a fairly dark period for horror games IMO, where devs made low effort cashgrabs in hopes that LPers like Pewdiepie and Markiplier will play them to advertise the game.
It's uh, it's really a shame we're still stuck pretty hard in that period. At least there's more actual videogames slipping through the shit net these days. EA won't africanize the Dead Space remake, Inshallah.
Speaking of, Darkwood is free to pick up on Epic for this week, in case anyone has sold their soul to the Chinese.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
It's uh, it's really a shame we're still stuck pretty hard in that period. At least there's more actual videogames slipping through the shit net these days. EA won't africanize the Dead Space remake, Inshallah.
Speaking of, Darkwood is free to pick up on Epic for this week, in case anyone has sold their soul to the Chinese.
I think the trend started losing steam sometime around the release of Resident Evil 7 and been largely replaced by childlike horror games like Hello Neighbor and Poppy's Playtime, which have a small amount of effort put into them, but they're still as, if not more, money hungry as their predecessors. Only reason they still occasionally still pop up is due to being piss easy to make.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Looks like Kiara got a chibi frog costume live2d

RiverBear

Ensok

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Finally a Pippa clip. Been wanting to submit a Pippa clip on his react sections for the better part of 4 months with no luck (its random and I have shit luck) because its a great way to get new eyes on talents that are either not part of the Big 3 or Coombaiters. She has had clips with Tenma and they are fairly tame so this is the first time a bunch of people will see her ranting and getting pissed. Now to wait for the youtube video to pop up and I expect a bump in her subs.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Well not now that you've alerted her, HI PIPPA! 👋 Look up Scholar's mate! I'm looking forward to this stream, I though this story was really interesting even if it's kind of lot of nothing. I agree with not wanting to play against known or admitted cheaters though.
She tried, it didn't pan out. I like how in the USA it's a "scholar's mate" but in vodka zombie land it's a "child's checkmate" because every kid knows it.

She had to ask what moving king to F1 would do when she was on E1, because of chat, this will end poorly:
1665709992182.png

Spergatory

Early Adopter
While Tenma collabed with Artemis today, Lia interviewed a Genshin VA that seems to be trans.
Here is a timestamp where they say they are post-op. Comments are also turned off.

Here is the VA's twitter. Pronouns she/her/they.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
but in vodka zombie land it's a "child's checkmate" because every kid knows it.
Because in slavland, by age 12 you're either:
A) An alcoholic
B) Drug dealer
C) Got busted for manslaughter with a motorized vehicle, usually a BMW, but got off because your dad is in a political party
D) Chess Prodigy
E) Yesenin-tier doomer because you're aware of where you were born and that you can never escape

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

I was thinking about how Kiara could possibly expect to find a shock collar she could control from Europe and then I remembered some A&N article with some dudes crying about their Internet-connected BDSM gear getting hacked. ... What search terms was she using in that stream a year ago?
I might have oversold the part a bit, but it's been almost a year and didn't quite remember the whole tangent
Anyways here it is as a timestamp:

I made a quick and dirty calculator with a spreadsheet, but I can't seem to get it to allow you to mod the data without downloading it. I also didn't want to use a service that auto logs you in like Google Sheets.

View attachment 2606

At least it can be downloaded in a few ways (excel, open office)

https://sheet.zohopublic.com/sheet/open/l0ai9e376a93b33fc4b8a932dbd830aed3d51?sheet=Sheet1&range=D2

It's very simple and you can see the super simple formula used if you click in the columns.
I am not quite sure that's how it works. The clips Nousagi posted are rather vague but I understood it like this:

100$ donation YT takes a 30$ cut >> Corpo takes a 50% cut from the remaining 70$ >> The chuuba walks home with 35$ remaining pre-tax

Regis and Alban got perms by continually asking management and sending them pics of the fans positively responding to them talking about playing together offstream.

So them sharing the tweets of them playing together offstream wqs just them farming positive reactions from fans. And considering Altare just said that he had to take the evidence himself, seems like Management is completely oblivious prior Niji-HoloEN twitter interactions have garnerd. Management just isn't paying attention to what's going on on twitter and in the fanbases.

Kiara calling out White Knights baying Hololive Members

Kiara is so deep in the permissions stuff she forgot outside of Hololive you're allowed to do stuff without permissions

In other news: Kiara playing GTA V has made her really interested in owning a car, even though she doesn't even have a drivers licence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom