"Thanks for giving me the chicken last night brotha!"Enna Alouette

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
I'm thinking bigger and imagining how if full-blown World War 3 or some kind of other big global conflict ever breaks out, I fully expect VTuber companies to become propaganda arms for their home governments, whether subtle or overt.
I'm OK with dying but dying for Canada is too much.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I'm thinking bigger and imagining how if full-blown World War 3 or some kind of other big global conflict ever breaks out, I fully expect VTuber companies to become propaganda arms for their home governments, whether subtle or overt. Phase-Connect for Chinese/Canadian, VShojo American, Hololive Japanese, and so on.
:smugina:
Cant wait for Ironmouse to tell us to Slava Ukrania as her breathing equipment finally fails due to supply chain restrictions in wartime

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Oh, you mean like Futakuchi Mana shilling for Russia because she still thinks it's some kind of communist utopia?
:^)
I've seen few people be banned from her vk group cause of reaction to her recent tweets and community posts

i think her faith in motherland is faltering

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
imagine vtubing during the next american civil war that's sure to happen in the next decade
Wasn't that just the Hogwarts arc?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I've seen few people be banned from her vk group cause of her recent tweets and community posts

Is there anything deep about that or is that just as minor as that?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I've seen few people be banned from her vk group cause of reaction to her recent tweets and community posts

What, now that it finally looks like you're about to rape Bakhmut, she loses faith?
Internet commies have no stamina, SAD!

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I'm thinking bigger and imagining how if full-blown World War 3 or some kind of other big global conflict ever breaks out, I fully expect VTuber companies to become propaganda arms for their home governments, whether subtle or overt. Phase-Connect for Chinese/Canadian, VShojo American, Hololive Japanese, and so on.
All that matters is that I fight to defend my wife, even if I have to forsake my own country.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
All that matters is that I fight to defend my wife, even if I have to forsake my own country.
I can fight for Tenma and my country at the same time. I am truly a blessed man.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
If WW3 starts and somebody here gets drafted i better fucking see a vehicle with:
:holohag::hololove: on the side.

hololive ruined /jp/

I don't know but she has about 20 "subathon " vods
https://www.youtube.com/@camilavods/videos
19 days, 8569 subs, $21,422.50 dollars.

19 days $8569.png

USS IOWA

U.S. DOD x Hololive when?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Listneing to Lia's stream and it hit me:

Is this why Lisa's family name CHIKAfuji?
The chika Lia is talking about is 地下, characters for ground/earth and down, meaning underground. Lisa's chika is 近, meaning nearby. Her fuji is 藤, meaning wisteria, a plant that climbs on trellises and blooms in pretty purple flowers in the spring.

Punished Lurker

Yeah it starts off a bit...hmm. But there's a lot more to it in the end.
It's fun to look at things through the lens of vtubing. Which they also apparently touch on in later chapters I've heard.
I'll try to keep it short so I don't sperg too much. As a manga reader I knew Oshi No Ko was going to be a hit, both because of the quality and because of who writes and draws the manga (aka akasaka and mengo) but I never expected 1)To explode in popularity as big as it did and 2) That so many Vtubers would watch and like the series.

I'm really interested in the second one because while Oshi no Ko does not directly touch Vtubing (at least not in this season) I feel like many of the themes and difficulties of the entertainment industry it talks about could happen to Vtubers, at least the ones in a big company. I have already seen some saying that Ai "was them fr fr" and after rereading some of the upcoming chapters I think that feeling is going to be amplified as more episodes come out. I want to see their opinions of the series, as it could give insight into opinions and thoughts that are not usually talked about in Vtubing.
OSHI NO KO SPOILERS The cancellation arc is the one I'm waiting for the most, I wonder what the discourse around it is going to be
For all the talk of Oshi no Ko, here is Kobo trying to sing the opening. The opening is sung by YOASOBI, expect your favorite vtuber to cover it or sing it during karaoke.
It's a really small detail, but I love how the song already has an idol chant in the background during some sections, now you can follow the cheer when your favourite Vtuber sings it.

EDIT: Just as I finished writing this Pomu says she has also seen Oshi no ko, it really spread fast

Last edited:

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn
If you can't stop being a degenerate, at least try and be funny.
I'm thinking bigger and imagining how if full-blown World War 3 or some kind of other big global conflict ever breaks out
If that ever happens I would be the first to die, just so I can have to chance to be reborn out of Kronii's womb, imagine how glorious that would be
Pomu: Well she's dead. So if you're into that.
Yes Pomu I am into that, thank you for asking

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
If WW3 starts and somebody here gets drafted i better fucking see a vehicle with:
:holohag::hololove: on the side.
Imagine: The TVA mercenary group comprised of a bunch of autists and schizos that fight for their oshis.

If that ever happens I would be the first to die, just so I can have to chance to be reborn out of Kronii's womb, imagine how glorious that would be
I would disown you immediately and throw you into a ditch.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
What, now that it finally looks like you're about to rape Bakhmut, she loses faith?
Internet commies have no stamina, SAD!
10 Print "Two More Weeks To Take Bakhmut"
20 Goto 10
I'm really interested in the second one because while Oshi no Ko does not directly touch Vtubing (at least not in this season)
I think there was a reference to Suisei's "cute again today" daily tweet early on, but I could be misremembering.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
She keeps losing and is in pain. Poor Gura
Screenshot - 2023-04-17T210220.358.png

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
All these chuubas watching and reacting to episode 1 of Oshi no Ko makes me wish that someday one of them will have the balls to do a Perfect Blue watch along.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
U.S. DOD x Hololive when?
You're being too optimistic. Haven't you heard about all the gay ads the US military has been running recently? It'd have to be vshojo. :talentfreedom:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom