"I can't hear this banger story over all these stupid pregnant people"Noir Vesper

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

this shit

fuck it
I think he meant more like you can see that shiina stands out campared to other Ph girls. Yet in niji ( even more in the latest gens ) they are pretty much just a bunch of horny mfs
Oh I got it. Well to be fair girls from last NIJI gens have been mostly "variety"/"just chatting" streamers, so if Shiina was picked up in place of let's say Aia or Scarle she would have undoubtely stood out, hands down. One or two slow songs karaoke and would have got her on everyone's radar, her only enemy at debut was her shyness and impostor syndrome.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Alright quick question, for those that have a twitter account, do you follow both your oshi (or vtubers you like) and their RM in the same account or do you have a second account to follow their RM.
Just the same account, I really don't think it's -that- important I set up another alt account just to see what random shit people have been buying for Yuni on Throne...

As long as you aren't being a spastic retard
Please remember this is the vtuber community.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Yeah that was on KF thread

It was back in July after Scarle's debut.

But surely I've said much worse things before and after that.
Well yeah, but that one stuck with me probably because I just woke up and checked the thread and saw that shit, and I wasn't used to your... positivity, yet.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I know. I’m just saying, have some empathy.

bdd.jpg

Oh great, it's my favorite Hitman moment. Someone starts up Freelancer mode without ever doing the campaigns, goes to Hokkaido thinking "oooh, cool Japanese!", and then never figures out how the doors work.

Hokkaido is such a pain in the ass level though. I've nearly 100% the entire WOA trilogy, SASO and I only technically know how the Hokkaido RFID system works, I either make sure I can bring door hackers or go right for that one guy with top access. Freelancer makes it one of the worst ballaches imaginable but the entire game mode is kind of agony because it can really fuck you over with some bad seeds.

I'll just go ahead and say that I have two separate accounts and that one is more vtuber focused and the other is for posting videos on, but I chose to follow Dottovu on the non-vtuber account, just for the hell of it.

This made me remember that a little after debut when the PLs were being sussed, I realized I was subbed to Dottovu for at least two years. So I unsubbed from Kronii because double dipping is cringe and my autism is impenetrable.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Marie Mehlo is live in 10. If you aren't there, why even live!

Where is she from and why does her stream times suck donkey dick?

View attachment 18118
Zoey posted this reference sheet for her new model. I'm not a big fan of the mushroom hair but the ponytail version looks decent. Tbh though I really like her current one, not sure why she's changing unless it's just to keep someone else from making one too similar via AI. The old model from her days as Oceane was peak though.
Ponytail is the way to go. The current model is interesting but she doesn't want to use it because its one of those cheaper models you can buy and edit yourself. I think its pretty charming and cute.

Niji and Phase have a fairly different approach so it's hard to say which is "better" for a prospective talent.

Niji seem to prioritise casting a wide net by throwing as many talents as they can out there and letting them cover whatever ground they end up covering. If a few underperform it's not a huge deal for the company because they have revenue trickling in from the 300 other streamers too, but for the individual's self-fulfilment their mileage may vary depending on whether collaborating with the existing Niji talents is that big of a factor for them.

Phase is much smaller, but aside from the tourists who latch onto Pippa they seem to have a very distinct, tight-knit community. If you hop around the different talents' streams you'll notice the same names showing up and superchatting in all of their chats, so whether Phase is a good fit for someone ultimately comes down to "do you appeal to this specific group of people?".
Now more than ever Connor's words are more true than ever. You can join Niji, not even be a competent streamer and you are basically set.

Looking objectively at Phase it does feel like Fishman was doing something without fully understanding how things work. He was way smarter than Miao but in a way, with Vtubing being fairly new to the west, I feel like he was just winging it. I feel like with Idol and Eien popping up and Tsunderia dying he got a bit of a wake-up call that just leaving the talents to do their thing is not enough. Maybe im just talking out of my ass because you cant really see whats behind the scenes but atleast that's the feeling I got.

For fuck’s sake. Another one of these dramatuber shitters here?
Who cares? As long as they are not a femboy, its fine.

Unironically not trying to be mean, I legitimately do not know who you are and have not watched your content on YouTube, so I truly have no clue what your personality is like or what your brand is, but here's a quick word of the wise. I assume you read the rules, but just to be safe, you should know that we are very spicy and most users hold very politically incorrect views about certain groups/people/things, use bad words, and don't dance around VTuber's roommate activities (what people on Twitter call "dox") either. We splintered off from the Kiwi Farms VTuber thread, with this site originally being created as a refuge back when that site was under constant attack by everything under the sun and down for days at a time. If you don't mind this stuff, feel free to stick around, but if you don't want to risk getting heat for associating with a site like this then I suggest possibly laying a little low. I don't think I've seen anyone get attacked for being here specifically - hell, Depressed Nousagi has an account here that he posts on and I don't think I saw that fact get brought up even once when he got cancelled on Reddit and Twitter a few months back - but I doubt he's overly concerned with optics anyways. Point being, as the site grows with more eyes drawn to it, the likelihood of attacks against us increase, and known figures in the VTuber community with accounts here might end up in crossfire.
This should be a disclaimer whenever joining the website.

I was going to make a joke about this new "work stream meta" of "what do you do what you have a bunch of college girl streamers with zero time management skills?" but then I opened Remi's stream and yeah.... that'll do just fine.
@Sankisei How can you angle thing even compete!
View attachment 18171
Honestly its a good wat to have a zatsudan with chat while actually working on your daily shit. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

I have a feeling she will hit 200k by Monday or Tuesday next week. She's been getting 10-20k subs a day.

I follow them and I also follow Dottovu and Keeki, but don't interact in any way with those accounts other than liking the occasional post. I really want to try out Namirin's Patreon to see unfilteredRyS, but I'm not autistic enough yet. I see all her usual annoying IRyS whales hovering around that account too, and I don't want to be associated with that.
I follow most of the roommate or PL accounts of the content creators I like for the simple reason that I would like to get a heads up or have a place to look for them in case they get taken behind the barn and get shot between the eyes like Oceanne, Zaion, and Rushia did. Especially given how volatile some of this shit tends to be.

I rarely ever interact other than to like a post or two unless its an account I was already following before they started Vtubing.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Lia drunk. That always ends well.
As absolutely schizo as Lia is...it's fucking adorable that her whole family watches her streams.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Just from a growth perspective, I think you could do a lot worse than PC, for sure. Maybe I'm a bit of a fanboy but I see PC fans as particularly loyal and more than willing to visit streams from other streamers in the company. Being with Niji will get you more numbers out of the gate, sure, but I think getting into PC will give you a great room to grow, and you have the benefit of being one of 20 (assuming the next gen has 5 members or so) instead of one of 35 or however many NijiEN people will be around after their next gen. Then, if you factor in other things like Niji's recent scandals with clippers and streamers and that you'd have to deal with the "approved games" nonsense, PC starts to look like a very strong alternative to Niji. Of course if Niji were to call me up tomorrow and try to recruit me (this will never happen) I'd have to say yes just for my wallet's sake, but if PC were to also call and make the same offer I'd definitely pick them first.
As "non-JP focused small-corpos" (an admittedly not huge pool) go, PC seems surprisingly stable despite their "menhera sad girls" reputation. They've lasted as long as anyone else*, they haven't had any graduations, and their CCVs punch way above what their subcounts might suggest.

*Tsunderia is dead, PRISM started the same month, Kawaii started later and has had a decent amount of graduations, idol & Eien are new, lol wactor/MyHolo/whatever Miao's thing was/etc

Also my recollection is that Hololive does provide a small salary (enough to cover cheap rent and bean sprouts).

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
WELCOME TO THE SALTY SPITTOON
HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!
The Shylily quote does not phase me at all, because I have seen/listen worse description than that.
Alright quick question, for those that have a twitter account, do you follow both your oshi (or vtubers you like) and their RM in the same account or do you have a second account to follow their RM.
Making secondary account just for following RM stuff is a hassle, so don't bother. For me, I only followed the vtuber accounts (Hana, Moona, Reine, Nara Haramaung, Salome, Sonny, Siska, Ina, a Escape from Tarkov vtuber from japan named ChocolatteGames who is like, the precursor of the "X Project" Tarkov/tactical vtuber that is Whiskey/Rye/Sleepy, and Pippa.) since frankly, most RMs gonna be silent or not posting things anyway.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
reprimanding Froot for what she did is nuts. What KF doesn't like and what the internet mainstream disapproves of are two very different things.
Froot absolutely should have been reprimanded for tacitly approving of the month-long harassment campaign that reduced her corpmate Silvervale to tears with death threats, doxing, etc. Even if she does support the cause you don't signal shit like that in public. It's not even about not being seen to take sides, IronMouse managed a full 10 minute lecture on how unacceptable people were behaving without turning it into some political grandstanding.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Lia drunk. That always ends well.
As absolutely schizo as Lia is...it's fucking adorable that her whole family watches her streams.

Also she is playing this using the Genshin map and she is doing really well with this so far.
1680132391818.png

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I do both on the same account, but I do literally nothing besides 'like' comments, so it's not like I have anyone else looking at my twitter anyway.

Edit: Speaking of, have a nice picture of Animol(question mark?)

chihirogumi

HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!
I watched an entire Chihiro Apex endurance stream, without a bathroom break.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I follow both on the same account. I'm mostly a lurker on Twitter so I think it's fine.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hokkaido is such a pain in the ass level though. I've nearly 100% the entire WOA trilogy, SASO and I only technically know how the Hokkaido RFID system works, I either make sure I can bring door hackers or go right for that one guy with top access. Freelancer makes it one of the worst ballaches imaginable but the entire game mode is kind of agony because it can really fuck you over with some bad seeds.
Hokkaido isn't that bad once you figure out the little paths that let you sneak around half the level. Freelancer Colorado can go fuck itself though. If you start up on the watertower, you better get the sequence right for the 3 guards below you or you have the entire level coming for your ass. Discovering that shooting a propane tank with a silenced pistol counts as an accident makes the game significantly easier overall. You don't even have to think, just lure your target to an area by throwing it, and then you shoot it when they investigate.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!
How tough am I? I spend hours of my day scouring mentions of Pippa and Phase Connect every day only to find interesting posts once or twice a week. I also endure constantly being called Rie and Henri on a day to day basis (I think there was another person I supposedly am but I forgot who).

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
This made me remember that a little after debut when the PLs were being sussed, I realized I was subbed to Dottovu for at least two years. So I unsubbed from Kronii because double dipping is cringe and my autism is impenetrable.
The same thing happened to me and Namirin, but unlike you I did double dip simply because I'm a paranoid motherfucker and didn't want people to notice me following RM accounts for some reason. I know it's dumb as fuck, have mercy.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Unfair. There are some perfectly fine streamers on Twitch. Clauvio, CallieCalico, PowerNelson, AzarashiAlex, SquishyWishyBoo, MariaParadisia, nyaruchuuu, ZekkiKanis, Kirsche, RexMadman, and MurrayShinaide are all worth a follow and (save for Kirsche) never bother with obnoxious politics or horniness or other obnoxious things we see the typical Vshojo types dabble in.
For every Kirsche there's about 10 coomerbait VTubers on twitch with tits that have the physics of jingly keys that seem to be attempting a grift not unlike the hot tub streamers while making political diatribes on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom