"It's that fucking thing a-haw-ge (Ahegao) ah-how-gee, ah-haw-gay? ahoe-gee, oh whatever the fuck you say it, chat it's the orgasm face... the coomer face, oh goddamnit"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
How has she matched Tenma?

View attachment 17702View attachment 17703

The left is Tenma's Twitch numbers. The right is Rin's YT numbers. Tenma is getting somewhere between 2 and 5x the amount of average CCVs of Rin.

As I said before, congrats to Rin for her hard work doing shorts and getting to 100K subs so quickly, but, as I said, that doesn't translate to CCVs, let alone memberships or donations or the like.

Anything that takes time to do has an opportunity cost against doing anything else you could be doing that also takes time to do.

I don't know how much effort Rin puts in to making shorts, especially if she has other people editing her shorts for her. But the time she spends making shorts is time she's not spending streaming, doing collabs, practicing songs, and so forth.
> CCV Numbers Comparison
Yes, Tenma has between 2x and 5x the CCV of Rin. Tenma has also been streaming 8x as long as Rin. Again, two years vs. four months for Rin to have the same subs as Tenma, and to catch up to nearly a third of her CCV.

> Subs don't translate to CCV
1) Maybe not at the rate you prefer them to, but they absolutely do
2) This is YouTube, not Twitch, there are metrics equally as important because YouTube is also a video platform where metrics like Views and Impressions actually exist.

> Opportunity Cost
The opportunity cost of shorts IS zero because you can make a clip into a short with like 30 seconds of editing, which people doing clips already are doing. There is also plugins to channel managers that AUTOMATE turning a clip into a short.

I love the shit out of Tenma, she's fucking great, but this Shorts Don't Help Your Channel take is braindead and uninformed. If you don't want to do shorts that's fine, but don't post retard takes and not expect for people to start pointing out how dumbfuck it is.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Ina watchalong waiting room is up.

Edit:
Live now.

Edit:
The unsuspecting gundam fans in the gundam stream are wondering why a bunch of weirdos are spamming "WAH". :whatastory:
View attachment 17737

This show is bad.
The prologue makes you think it could be nice, but as soon as that girl started talking, yeesh....And then it just gets worse from there.

IRyS was right!
Edit: I am gonna go look up Ep 12 though, because I'm suddenly seeing all these tomato memes. From my impression, it sounds like what Eureka 7 did 18 years ago when Renton stepped on someone, but maybe it's a main character in this show rather than some random grunt?
Edit 2:
Even that scene is stupid! It was obviously self defense (specifically defending someone else's life), but the white hair lady freaks out and calls her a murder, meanwhile she's acting like a retarded klutz. They BOTH have completely wrong and stupid reactions to it!

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

With this and the not-Pochi tweet the other day I assume a clause in the contracts just expired. Would make the latter tweet less of a concern for anyone who was worried if so.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
So i have been watching Serafi play Subnautica ( by the way she lists small spaces and deep water as two of her three biggest fears) and just checked in on Gura's stream ( I know its her first real stream back in months but Serafi is still new and want to support her, and i can always watch Guras Vod later) is Gura actually building Atlantis?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I come back from a fun watchalong of 4th Fes day 2 with Bae to see how Gooba is doing with her return stream and all you retards are doing is fighting.
:lolcalmdown:

Speaking of neuro-sama
Looks like kiara would like to collab with her:

This would be kino content, but I can't imagine how much convincing it would take for the Japanese overlords to approve it.

PekoWick

This show is bad.
The prologue makes you think it could be nice, but as soon as that girl started talking, yeesh....And then it just gets worse from there.

IRyS was right!
Edit: I am gonna go look up Ep 12 though, because I'm suddenly seeing all these tomato memes. From my impression, it sounds like what Eureka 7 did 18 years ago when Renton stepped on someone, but maybe it's a main character in this show rather than some random grunt?
I actually enjoy this show and bought the protagonist gunpla(lfrith and aerial) and Suletta figure rise.

I just wish they let ina show the actual show on her screen it's sponsored ffs.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Airi's opsec is actually quite admirable. The only thing known about the black company is that it involves lots of driving and number crunching.
Speaking of Airi's job, I've wondered why she's bothering to stay. It can't pay that much if she's still living with family, unless she's the primary breadwinner. Not to mention how she's treated like utter garbage

She most likely has a work visa that's tied to her job.
I doubt it's a work Visa. 1) She lives with family, and 2) Airi and Shiina know each other from 10 years ago due to trying out for the same musical group. Shiina has never mentioned any of that stuff occurring overseas, so it's better to assume Airi probably came here in her teens or something (20+ or so years ago). Especially if you consider Airi's love of late 90's/early 2000's entertainment.

My assumption has been she has a contract of some kind with a heavy penalty if she bails from the company. Shiina herself has emphasized leaving is simply not an option for Airi. My lead theory is the company paid for some kind of expensive education/training for Airi, and she has to work a minimum amount of time with them otherwise she has to pay the company back for the full cost.
> CCV Numbers Comparison
Yes, Tenma has between 2x and 5x the CCV of Rin. Tenma has also been streaming 8x as long as Rin. Again, two years vs. four months for Rin to have the same subs as Tenma, and to catch up to nearly a third of her CCV.

2) This is YouTube, not Twitch, there are metrics equally as important because YouTube is also a video platform where metrics like Views and Impressions actually exist.

> Opportunity Cost
The opportunity cost of shorts IS zero because you can make a clip into a short with like 30 seconds of editing, which people doing clips already are doing. There is also plugins to channel managers that AUTOMATE turning a clip into a short.

I love the shit out of Tenma, she's fucking great, but this Shorts Don't Help Your Channel take is braindead and uninformed. If you don't want to do shorts that's fine, but don't post retard takes and not expect for people to start pointing out how dumbfuck it is.
I said this a few weeks ago when having this discussion, but I think the Shorts Subs to CCV train is better analyzed 2-3 months after the fact. Short term trends can be obscured by other short term major events. It'll be better to look at a 60 or 90 day chart.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
> CCV Numbers Comparison

> Opportunity Cost

PLAY BY THE META, FAG
The only thing I don't understand is why the other jewbas haven't started shitting out daily shorts too and gotten the same boost, if jews are good for anything is finding the quickest, easiest way to get the most money possible, I could see them getting huge success using this quirk in the algorithm and making it an industry standard were all of your oshis must fulfill their shorts quota.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I actually enjoy this show and bought the protagonist gunpla(lfrith and aerial) and Suletta figure rise.

I just wish they let ina show the actual show on her screen it's sponsored ffs.
R-r-r-r-r-r-really? Y-y-y-y-y-you t-t-think it's g-g-g-g-good?!
And I found the ep 12 scene; there doesn't appear to be any character growth and she's just a mentally retarded derp forever.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
PLAY BY THE META, FAG
Before people get it twisted, this isn't my argument.
My argument isn't that you should play by the meta. I'm saying stop pretending shorts aren't meta.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Sharkcube!!

Edit: Consiering it's her 2nd stream in as many days I guess I'll give her a pass on promising a gaming stream and delivering minecraft. I guess.

“ I don’t want to alarm you but I might be stupid”-Gawr Gura 2023

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
And I found the ep 12 scene; there doesn't appear to be any character growth and she's just a mentally retarded derp forever.
I didn't think SEED (and Destiny) could be surpassed as the worst series. But here we are.

I don't think this is going to go full Cross Ange either. :fishmandispair:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Alright, real quick. I'm finally watching 4th Fes (yeah super late, I've been busy, sue me). I'm about halfway through Day 1 and there's a word that just won't leave my mind. And that word is:

LEGS

It's because they're all in idol costumes, I guess, but if you like animu girls in short shorts/skirts with plenty of juicy digital drumsticks, then this is definitely the show for you. So far my award for Best in Show on that front goes to Her Royal Thighness, Omaru Polka. Who knew unicycling was so effective for the quads?

(This is not a thirstpost, btw. It's an entirely disinterested assessment of stylistic choices in a performance. I would never think of these characters in a prurient way. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do more disinterested assessment of stylistic choices.)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Alright, real quick. I'm finally watching 4th Fes (yeah super late, I've been busy, sue me). I'm about halfway through Day 1 and there's a word that just won't leave my mind. And that word is:

LEGS

It's because they're all in idol costumes, I guess, but if you like animu girls in short shorts/skirts with plenty of juicy digital drumsticks, then this is definitely the show for you. So far my award for Best in Show on that front goes to Her Royal Thighness, Omaru Polka. Who knew unicycling was so effective for the quads?

(This is not a thirstpost, btw. It's an entirely disinterested assessment of stylistic choices in a performance. I would never think of these characters in a prurient way. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do more disinterested assessment of stylistic choices.)
Just wait until you get to day 2.

Fc8Y2IsaEAElCCL.jpeg

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Mfw I come back to the thread after a nice evening watching my oshi beat zombies only to find a bunch of shit flinging and sperging
20230322_033218.jpg
Calm down you guys, we are all autists watching real women pretend to be anime women, just bask in your oshis love whoever she might be.

PekoWick

What character growth? Most gundam protagonist stays the same anyway. Just look at Setsuna "I am Gundam" Seiei or Mikazuki "I suck your dick orga" Augus and I enjoy these shows. Most gundam protagonist are bunch of child soldier and cold blooded killer but I feel like Suletta while technically the same still exudes innocence. Theres also a lot of mystery regarding suletta and eri that keeps me interested.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

LEGS

If you already think there are a lot of LEGS in the FIRST HALF of DAY 1, I have good news for you. :smugmoona:

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom