"I'm more of a 'I'm gonna do it until it kills me' type of person!"Chisaka Airi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Altare simulating the puking sounds with his soft voice when testing his new rollercoaster in POV mode was... certainly something.

Why was Pippa's C:S stream pirvated? I've missed it and now @Godzilla1984 is my only salvation
I'm able to view it just fine. Maybe it was just processing?

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
EDIT: Axel joined in on the guerilla stream!

OHGOD SOMEONE HELP KOBO. SHE DOESN'T KNOW IF AUSTRALIA IS PART OF SEA or on the SEA. Rain shaman so cute, but dummy too.

"Is Australia a country?"
"It's like... a continent."
I think it has to do more with the language barrier. She might've confused Australia with Austria because she mentioned she thought it was in EU. Mix up might've happened when she learned that Kiara was from Austria which is in the EU.

Axel finally realized how others felt when he goes "I don't understand, but ok". Also, mentioned he's treating his bleeding throat with... cappuccino?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I'm able to view it just fine. Maybe it was just processing?
"Blocked by SME on copyright grounds, in your country"

I hate the European Union, I hate the Antichrist.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Also apparently the 3D reveal of Elira and Hana will be FREE. It's listed under the "open stage" section

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO! BASED ANYCOLOR
The Lazulight + Hana 3D was up in the free/open stage since the schedule was first announced, yeah, it should be the first thing on Sunday.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Managing a company of women exclusively is probably a nightmare.

Look on the bright side. At least when they work over the internet instead of in person, their periods won't synchronize and turn the entire office space into the Blood Witch's Coven one week out of every four-five.

Jealous

Lurker

Delu singing stream live after Fantasia went private.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Axel finally realized how others felt when he goes "I don't understand, but ok". Also, mentioned he's treating his bleeding throat with... cappuccino?

That is basically the wrong way to deal with that, this man is going to graduate via death if that's his approach.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Subway by @JAZZ_JACK_KHT.jpgKroniiway by @JAZZ_JACK_KHT.jpg

The only way this could get funnier is if Subway wanted to sponsor her or use her in a promotion.

candied tako by @JAZZ_JACK_KHT.jpg

Aaaand now I'm hungry.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
The Lazulight + Hana 3D was up in the free/open stage since the schedule was first announced, yeah, it should be the first thing on Sunday.
Well in fairness I didn’t check and I don’t know if anyone else posted about it being free previously, if they did, my bad

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

======

Botan on Gundam Evo in ~2 hours.

======
Listening to Fauna's Variety gaming stream, and her ASMR mic isn't actually broke (she hopes) but the audio interface is instead (she believes.) Fauna said maybe she needs to take a class on Audio engineering lol, but she really doesn't want to.

She also mentioned she's been speaking to Noel-senpai about ASMR. Apparently cost came up, and Noel casually mentioned her own ASMR setup cost around $9k USD? Fauna was like "too expensive for me." lol. I can't believe that shiz...

MeteorImpact

Okayu's 1st solo live is on now. First half is free on Youtube.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Hard to say, several flights to Japan were cancelled due to the typhoon, some of the members may have had visa issues like Millie and Mysta, a lot of things could have happened.

Finana is just retarded, i'm sure she did not see the issue with what she wrote before sending her tweet.
Could be salt, could be her being retarded and not realizing that one of her gen-mates was over there. Who knows. Finnana is not the brightest bulb....

What happened this time? Still need to get someone to make that vshojo / black company thread.
Probably nothing new. Someone said some shit, TTS Dragon got butthurt and started bitching and moaning about depression or some shit.

Indie chuubas constantly rebranding always come off as desperate. If you've been in the game this long and your personality/schtick hasn't retained a regular following/audience, no amount of spending on a new model is gonna fix that. It's like being a bad driver and thinking the solution is to switch to a newer model car.
While I get it, "rebranding" brings in huge numbers similar to how new outfit streams get a ton of views.

On the topic of rebranding, from my perspective as merely an observer of vtubers and not a content creator themselves I personally see a getting model as like getting a new outfit or something for your current one just on a more radical scale.

As someone who likes making characters because I'm a roleplay fag who enjoys nerd shit like DnD, I can see sticking to one model constantly as kind of boring and sometimes you want to just change your style or take your character in another direction. To you it can feel like an evolution if you truly care about this character you're making and presenting to yourself as. I think the idea that remodels = successful strategy is retarded though, because people tend to be resistant to change unless your remodel is effectively just a updated version of your current design, but I can see why some people would just enjoy putting on a new skin for their own personal enjoyment. In the end they're all just playing anime dress up in some way, so why not dress up and have fun?

Content creation from what I've observed is a fine balance between what you want as the artist/performer/etc and what your audience is willing to watch from you so you can keep doing your thing successfully. So remodels tend to be a choice you make for yourself (changing it entirely like Snuffy has done) or what you think the audience wants (aka your model is jank and you could get a better one with the same design). Choosing to put yourself over your audience will always have its issues, and it is just a decision you have to make when you decide to change your stuff. This is just a factor every brand in the world wide market has to deal with, and your average retard on the internet only just barely know how important a brand is vs the typical big corporation.

How much you let your audience control what you do is always the fine line every solo content creator walks, some are desperate like Wings or DSP and do pretty much anything for money, and you got some like Magni just take it all in stride when he talked about caring about numbers and analytics psyching yourself.
Completely agree with this.

I can see Kirsche working as either an Invader, with an upgraded model based on her current form now, or with a new model. It's not like the other PC members haven't worked as vtubers before joining the group.
But the other members did not directly interact with existing members from what I recall. Lumi and I think Yuri did but they were already independent and they had already been interacting behind the scenes with Sakana.

One of the big reasons PC JP is floundering is there's only two of them, no real cross-brand exposure, no real way to up those numbers, and collabs become difficult because all they really have to work with is EN members that speak Japanese, or JP indies. A third wave containing Japanese talent is likely Fishman's attempt to make the JP branch a real thing with some real presence behind it, giving their first two JP talents some people to work with, and generally treating the JP market seriously.
Its complicated but I think it also has to do with the time and how they are getting promoted over in Japan. Much more saturated market in that not only are there a ton of vtubers but the potential audience is fairly limited when compared to a more Western/global audience.

Guy living in a ghost town making a man-cave: "What a poser, he's just larping. He's the male equivalent of a Plant Life Mom"
Looking at ghost town pictures: "Isn't it amazing to have this look at the past, chat?"

Less than five minutes apart. Real woman moment.
This was a weird stream. Not sure where she was coming from. I have seen the channel before and I thought it was fairly interesting. Yes I agree the guy probably wants to milk it as some sort of hipster Instagram place but the whole idea of buying a ghost town seems pretty cool to me.

This guy didn't buy a town but he moved into an abandoned school and it's pretty cool.

Managing a company of women exclusively is probably a nightmare. Though as far as Pippa goes, the only time I felt any hostility from her towards someone was Airi, and the day before their stream Sakana was warning people about being too aggressive. There was only one other time Pippa seemed upset was that one girl who no longer streams and Pippa apologized to.
I didn't sense any hostility just awkwardness. Airi seems to act very sheltered or innocent and she knows that Pippa's audience is a bit blunt so she might have been a bit nervous. Pippa on the other hand respects Airi and doesnt really want to go too hard on her (not sure if it was more out of not knowing where exactly the line is so that she wouldnt cross it and possibly offend her).

Blue Bear streaming Sackbut Savior now

Edit: Lia starting up plate up with Yuri, Rie and Iori

Real overlap connect hours

Overlap in PC is a huge problem.

The easiest way to work that out would be to tally up who's doing streams with who the most often. If two people are regularly doing streams together, they're probably friends, and if they're not, they're might be some underlying issues there.
This is a bad metric. Some people don't really work well in collabs due to the content or the sense of humor not being the same.

Maybe, but as personalities grow they have less time and as companies grow it's harder to interact.

Nothing really, it's just a vibe I got from the Airi and Pippa stream that happened a bit ago. Normally Pippa has no problem bringing out the weird in a normie but that one felt off. I don't hate Airi, but I feel like there might be some bad blood there as she's the most prim and proper of the lot.
You might be looking a bit too much into it.

What about Kirschey? Was their first interaction when they did the death of Tera stream?
Seems they had interacted with each other either through discord or she had hopped into Tera to play with Kirs after checking and lurking in her chat for a while.

Last scheduled clip went up earlier today. Clickbait as fuck with some coomerbait thrown into the thumbnail and it seems to have worked somewhat. I have been spamming WoW Classic, haven't seen many streams so gonna have to see what I do for next week. The shorts thing doesnt seem to have worked that well (as an user mentioned, why the fuck would they want a short preview of a clip).

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

That is literally what she is streaming about.

Oh, wait, now it has moved on to why is the ocean blue.

Byoutiful.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
564730930218.jpg

So how long til Twitch starts fucking with streamlabs/elements/tipjar to force encourage use of supas?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Bug Eater

Pmaru-sama's birthday 3D is still going, for any refugees from the free part of Okayu's concert.

Last edited:

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

That is literally what she is streaming about.

Oh, wait, now it has moved on to why is the ocean blue.

Byoutiful.

I fucking love this zombie. Her best streams are often a bit surreal, like when she gave an hour-long concert using a wooden toad toy guiro as the only instrument.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
jello jiggle physics won't stop me from appreciating okayu's entire setlist right now

TwoBit

Early Adopter
View attachment 1520
So how long til Twitch starts fucking with streamlabs/elements/tipjar to force encourage use of supas?
This seems desperate to me. Twitch really must be feeling the heat from YouTube alot more than I realized if they're doing this. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea however. This feature does encourage fans to throw money around to show how much they support the streamer. I'm sure it'll take off if it's implemented well enough.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Pekora will join Botan in Gundam Evo, but not until after they both get in some solo matches for practice.
I'd be more excited for the surprise last minute collab... if Peko's voice didn't filter me so hard. 😮‍💨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom