General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I love this man's corpo speak and his subtle sense of self importance.
One of the ways we plan to do this is by being more open about what's happening behind the scenes at idol. We understand that fans might be curious about what goes on in a VTuber agency, and we want to share more about it with you.

We know that people usually only hear about the behind-the-scenes stuff when something bad happens or when a talent leaves, but we want to change that.
He doesn't say much of anything he hasn't already said before, most of it is just his thoughts on events, this isn't anything other corpos don't already do.
But first, I want to make something clear - this blog isn't about me. I prefer to stay in the background and let the talents take center stage. While I appreciate the support I've been getting lately, I don't believe in idolizing managers or company owners. I think it can lead to ego inflation and make it hard to hear constructive feedback. That's why I mentioned in the past I avoid interacting with the talents publicly and won't appear on their streams.
It works really well for others but if he doesn't think he can keep himself from getting more of an ego than he already has... (see below)
I used to binge Ai-chan's videos and was always amazed at seeing how far content creation could go when you weren't limited by the physical world.
What does that even mean? Kizuna and vtubing in general didn't take off because of the models, or the tech, those are gimmicks, vague novelties that only serve as accessory to the real appeal. The personality, the characters and the disconnect between reality and kayfabe is what made vtubers popular, otherwise they are nothing more than regular streamers with a dumb gimmick. Being virtual has little to do with it.
Back then, I had no idea how much VTubing would revolutionize content creation. But everything changed in 2020 when VTuber agencies started popping up.
Agencies didn't "Pop up" in 2020, they have existed since the beginning and both of the current industry leaders have existed since 2017 and 18 respectively. 2020 only marked the popularization of vtubing overseas due to covid lockdowns, spearheaded by hololive and then vshojo.
When I looked at the VTuber industry, I saw a couple of things that could be done better. That's what inspired me to start my own agency, idol, back in November 2021.

Firstly, I felt like agencies weren't doing enough to help their talents develop their skills and become even better content creators. I wanted to change that by funding passion projects, improving content quality, and pushing creators out of their comfort zones to help them break through their boundaries.

The second thing was expanding the niche. Did you know that 60% of VTuber viewers come from outside of Japan? It's clear that there's a huge potential for VTubing to reach new countries and territories, and we wanted to be part of that growth.
It is pretty presumptuous to think that he is the one who knows what the industry lacks in, and just throwing money at talents and letting them do whatever they want isn't it as Vshojo has already shown.

The only true "innovation" idol can claim is their excellent methodology to wring as much money out of people as possible, which doesn't help the industry as much as it will probably help shorten its lifespan and make people loose trust in agencies and see them as purely profit focused (which they are but you could at least pretend).

Idol's only foray into niche markets was HE, and well...

When we started idol, we wanted to prove a point - that with the right training and audition process, anyone can achieve global recognition as a VTuber, no matter where they come from or what their background is.
Some people just aren't cut out to be entertainers, most vtubers are very driven and passionate people who have clawed their way to achieving their dreams, not everyone has that in them.
So we decided to take on an impossible challenge - debuting a VTuber generation in one of the smallest countries in the world and giving a lineup of talents with almost zero experience in streaming the chance to grow.

Our first idolHE generation debuted back in May 2022, and we were thrilled to reach almost 2000 live viewers during the debut. We successfully helped our talents grow their own small communities, but we also learned that content creation isn't for everyone. Some of the talents we auditioned realized that streaming wasn't for them, and sadly, they ended up graduating.
I wouldn't call Israel small by any metric except respect for others.
So they didn't prove their idealistic point, big whoop. Of course we aren't going to be told exactly why they actually graduated, which isn't much different from the rest of the industry's way of communicating, way to go.

That's why these days, we focus on talents who already have experience with streaming and are passionate about it. We want to make sure that we're giving them the best possible chance to succeed and grow their careers as VTubers.

We are however extremely proud of all the talents and the things they achieved, and thanks to them we realized that this task is possible and we want to continue with our mission to help talents around the world.
So they stumbled upon a working formula, that was already proven, in an advantageous period with little new competition.
What task? Didn't we just establish that hiring randos without experience and catering to niche markets with no prospects doesn't work? Oh now it's a "Mission", wow they really are saints, helping the poor menhera women of the world become 4chan shitpost/fapping material.

Look, other corpos might say "Oh hello random internet person, why don't you audition and if we like you we could help you become famous!" but I haven't ever seen any other corpo frame it as some sort of philanthropic venture. It ain't a mission dude, you just want shitloads of money and everyone knows that.

We're also excited to announce new partnerships and sponsorships that will help grow the VTubing community.
I seriously doubt many of idol's audience is converted normies, most of them are probably veteran vtuber fans who looked away from the big corpos to find smaller talent that they can groom interact with more easily.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Nah you have 2, there's also xsoleil version that can be summarized like this: "well yeah it's sad she's gone like this but she messed with all of us and kinda deserved it"
Notice the difference between this and the reaction to Yugo's termination where everybody was crying on twitter and took days off.
I now perfectly understand how and why you hold the opinions you've posted on, thank you.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
i think the most interesting thing to come out of Zaion's shit is that we now know the popular "some vacations are soft-suspensions" rrat has some sense of validity among corpos, atleast JP-EN ones
That was probably more obvious to some but its still interesting regardless to see it be a valid theory

Last edited:

Ensok

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Tightpinch

5. says he understands if people think Xsoleil as a “bad gen” that confuses me. 1 apple doesn’t make the grove bad
You gotta remember the other TikTok yabs
Kotoka said retarded
Meleco the shotacon (or something about her taste in BL)
Hex the groomer
All of this to a bunch of chronically online teens mean Xsoleil is a bad gen

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I know you like to see the optimistic side of everything, but in my opinion, them even making these individual 20 minute statement streams never should've happened. I especially think he shouldn't have done his whole "uuuuuuu we tried to help her so hard uuuuuuuuuuu, but she didn't listen so the termination was deserved." Even if it is true, which, again, it absolutely could be, you can handle something like this with more tact, and not come off as a passive aggressive douchebag.

Really not trying to tribalfag here, but look at how the Rushia yab was handled by the other talents, which was a much worse situation than this, involved leaking actual talent and manager personal details to Jap Keemstar. After mostly being aksed by chat, the talents universally went "It's unfortunate, but we're going to keep doing our best." That's it. There wasn't any "well, she deserved it", "well, it's her own fault", "we tried our best, it's not our fault" etc.. You REALLY didn't have anyone saying "Well, I don't know if I can really wish her luck". It all comes off as petty and vindictive. Like you're talking shit about someone who can't respond back.

There specifically wasn't a Kyo-on-roommate-account liking tweets talking shit about her. God, I really wonder why so much of Nijisanji's fanbase is talking shit about Zaion in their tags on twitter? Can't be because the fanbase is unstable as shit, and her genmates basically all blamed her in unison before she even told her side of the story.
Okay yeah, I get you now.
individual 20 minute statement streams
Let's work off that because they didn't start it but they also didn't do it as well. I also don't think
basically all blamed her in unison before she even told her side of the story.
Given that the termination already seems fair from the outside and the people inside would know more, this seems silly, Anycolor isn't going to fire someone for no reason and friends aren't going to be disappointed for no reason. MAYBE her side would make it look okay but I find that unlikely. No one waited for Yugo to make a statement, everyone just concluded "well it's probably fair". Idk man this feels different than earlier when you said "Even if it is true, which, again, it absolutely could be, you can handle something like this with more tact". And more so "they should've waited because it's plausible she's innocent"

All of them seem like great people. I don't think they were trying to be vindictive or passive aggressive; and I did like most of what Ver said (though from what I heard his was the kindest). Just that they made a mistake and streamed on emotion. Let's compare the context of their statements vs Noctyx's statements on the same topic on genmate termination.
Noctyx:
1. only 2 people made a statement. First person (Fulgur) waited a day.
2. 2nd person (Uki) waited 6 days. Both had time to collect their thoughts and issue a well constructed statement.
Xsoleil:
1. 4 people made a statement
2. all on the same dair. 75% within 3 hrs of announcement and last 11 hrs later.
3. This contributes to a larger amount of potential emotional issues as the news was announcement very recently and they're responding with how they immediately feel.

Also something is, idk how much I can fault them. It's a tough situation, react now and emotionally or deal with the stress for a few more days and react when you're head is cleared.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You gotta remember the other TikTok yabs
Kotoka said retarded
Meleco the shotacon (or something about her taste in BL)
Hex the groomer
All of this to a bunch of chronically online teens mean Xsoleil is a bad gen
Has any of that been that big?
It might be me not caring as much about Xsoleil but i feel like the whole issues with Noctyx (iirc, Vox, Shu and Mysta were acussed of grooming) and the autism crusade Nina got from tiktokers (and dooming from people schizo-ing out about her politics) were larger than any percived issues with Xsoleil

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
While people still argue about nijiYamanbas. Im just gonna redrop this here. Oh youve arleady seen it? Rewatch it you coward

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Are we sure on this? Out of curiousity I pulled up a few and they didn't sound Scottish at all.
Yeah its totally her. I was checking yesterday. The interesting bit is that her location on the other websites say Alabama/USA. Her stream time doesn't seem to be Scottish either and more US east coast.

View attachment 16086
Kind of retarded reasons given.
1 Using a copyrighted song, didn't luca use towa's and okayu's custom made BGM without asking?
2 Making statements that could lead to speculations using her personal accounts, what about kyo posting on his personal twitter throwing her under the bus.
3 Making offensive remarks regarding discrimination and sexual assault, see vox and nijicancelled.
4 Wanting to stream using pirated games, as far as i remember, didn't pomu get doxxed because she showed her torrent account?
5 Comments that can be considered offensive to the devs or publishers, look at selen for example, she talks shit about a lot of the games she plays.
6 Liking comments considered defamation to the company, but the other talents can shit on the company for cancelling the 3dlive due to "covid"
The rest i can understand, but this reasons look a little too hypocritical to me.
This is just a load of bs that even more in line with my initial "they know they have no actual reason to fire her, so they are trying to justify it by just putting as much as they can and hoping it sticks". Literally the only reason that is not a straight up lie, something that others already did and to a much worse degree, or something that was never mentioned as not allowed and actively done by others was trying to play by law, not by rules enforced by Nintendo being a bully with big pockets, and getting nuked because a lot of people play nintendo games so they don't even want to try to risk it
Edit:
1. What does this supposed "authorization" even mean? If she didn't ask for permissions they could've just said so, in a way that's clear and easy to go "yeah she is an idion", or she did but didn't bother to report to management and it hurt their feelings. I've literally never heard anyone use word "authorization" in any context on a stream when talking about perms
2. I know she has a lot of streams nuked, and a lot of them I missed because I sleep during her streams usually, but did anyone actually heard her say this and posted it anywhere? Because I didn't see it. If so I am more than glad to retract this point and call her a fucktard but otherwise...
3. No shit bro, you terminated her and then told her to stay quit to save face and pretend everything is fine. Anyone is going to be pissed
4, 7. I won't even comment on it, terminate 90% of your company then
5, 6. This is about ROMs, and sure, fine, if you as a company enjoy giant Nintendo dick down your throat this is your personal choice, I don't kinkshame. Except they aren't pirated and aren't illegal if you dump it yourself or buy a cartridge. If she downloaded them and didn't buy - she is a moron I agree on that
8. I call this bs, even now everyone is sadposting not "yeah it happened whatever". Might change after stream and talk about it.
9. We know for a fact different managers don't agree on the same topics and depending on who you ask you can get "yeah it's totally cool" and "why the fuck you did it stop it immediately". You see consistently a corpo vtuber posting stuff like "sorry, this game will have to be removed from a schedule because turns out no, we can't play it". Even though management sees your schedule and approves it before it gets posted. Could be her actually be a liar, could be Nijisanji need to sort their shit together who knows
10. Except she is sponsored to a degree by Genshin, being official content creator they literally give her goodies and money to stream the game. Just as her PL, not as Zaion. Unless it's entirely unrelated but again, I didn't see it anywhere
11. Did they confuse her with Kyo? Or are they trying to spin the rrat that she was the one who made that account when their own manager fucked up and posted the link that didn't lead anywhere, and someone created a new one with this wrong header with a bunch of shit? Just wow
12. "Sorry guys our imagination ran out, sorry I mean it's just too much to write she is such a bad girl, haha"
Most of these are small infractions but its not uncommon for them to do this in any and every job to justify firing someone from their job.

Rin also accidently showed this on screen
View attachment 16132
Holy shit $3,730 from Ad Revenue in the past 28 days. Maybe that's what the company is taking in? Add to that superchat and memberships and these girls are probably earning $10,000 a month. Not bad for a new company.

Very nice. The gray hair is really nice too.

Personally, I would have just kept it top level; like "creative differences" or some shit like that. But perhaps she took everyone on enough of a ride that they had to do this for the sake of the remaining XSOL members... and now I'm creating my own rrat.
Having a super-detailed list of reasons why they terminated her is a good thing - better be overly specific than overly vague and lead to a bunch of rrats breeding. The problem here is that a lot of their reasons suck. Similarly, it's kind of necessary for her genmates (well, former genmates) to make statements in order to address the issue and prevent later streams from getting derailed by people annoying the streamers for a statement, the problem is they said things that can be pretty bad taken out of context.
Agreeing with @God's Strongest Sanalite Yugo's termination was so vague that many people sided with the talent. By giving everyone a large list of infractions the public will less likely to oppose the termination and just go "oh, they totally deserve it". Look at how Twitter is responding to the news and how much hate is getting thrown her way. Hell, I had someone tell me that she put her whole gen in "danger". There doesn't seem to be any sort of evidence of that but twittards gonna tweet.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Every single break is now a stealth suspension.
Well, unannounced ones, yes.

Punkalopi skinny Minnie. I hope she doesn’t legit have a disorder or something.

Tightpinch

Has any of that been that big?
It might be me not caring as much about Xsoleil but i feel like the whole issues with Noctyx (iirc, Vox, Shu and Mysta were acussed of grooming) and the autism crusade Nina got from tiktokers (and dooming from people schizo-ing out about her politics) were larger than any percived issues with Xsoleil
Kotoka had to apologize for saying retarded.
The meleco one doesn't get enough hate traction for people to keep being it up
Zaion was the biggest thing because of the clips of her but the Hex thing is "growing" cause of the hashtags he has with his fanbase like having them post selfies or having them do ASMR.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Would.jpg

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Jesus Christ, why do women feel the need to cover themselves in these giant, hideous tattoos? They look so trashy...

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Zaion was the biggest thing because of the clips of her but the Hex thing is "growing" cause of the hashtags he has with his fanbase like having them post selfies or having them do ASMR.
Reminder that Hex was the favorite to yab out of Xsoleil before the shit with Zaion happened.

smartestkidontheshortbus

Jesus Christ, why do women feel the need to cover themselves in these giant, hideous tattoos? They look so trashy...

Well, the one in the middle is for target practice.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Ever since the Zaion announcement, the Phase Connect twitter certified poaching group have been endlessly tweeting about how Zaion or whoever should join Phase Connect now.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

lolpo

View attachment 16086
Kind of retarded reasons given.
1 Using a copyrighted song, didn't luca use towa's and okayu's custom made BGM without asking?
2 Making statements that could lead to speculations using her personal accounts, what about kyo posting on his personal twitter throwing her under the bus.
3 Making offensive remarks regarding discrimination and sexual assault, see vox and nijicancelled.
4 Wanting to stream using pirated games, as far as i remember, didn't pomu get doxxed because she showed her torrent account?
5 Comments that can be considered offensive to the devs or publishers, look at selen for example, she talks shit about a lot of the games she plays.
6 Liking comments considered defamation to the company, but the other talents can shit on the company for cancelling the 3dlive due to "covid"
The rest i can understand, but this reasons look a little too hypocritical to me.
this is the reason i dont get people saying she did this all in month if im someone who joins the company with knowleadge of this i would assume its fine afterall im just doing stuff that my senpais have done

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Ever since the Zaion announcement, the Phase Connect twitter certified poaching group have been endlessly tweeting about how Zaion or whoever should join Phase Connect now.
Zaion didn't have any regard for Nijisanji's rules and it doesn't seem like she'll be missed by her gen-mates, this sounds like a terrible idea. Why go to all the effort on someone who's been a proven liability for one corpo already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom