"I loved telling you guys bedtime stories. You guys all had great bedtime stories, and they all went something like this. Once upon a time, there is a little girl named Lia. Lia was walking to the forest, and her mom said Lia, don't walk through the forest by yourself. Lia said, mom, fuck you, I don't care. Mom said, okay, whatever. And all of a sudden, birds swooped out of the sky and pecked out both her eyeballs. The end. You liked those stories when you were younger"Lia Rinkou's mom

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
1664398562285.png
tweet

Pretty cool reference

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I tuned into the collab video that Aoi had with the three Phase Connect girls and he's such a boring streamer. His reactions are uninteresting and repetitive, he can't juggle gaming and banter, and his gaming skills aren't that great either. Even just one of those would be a vast improvement on his stream quality.

The song video is even worse. This is supposed to be a guy but he's holding a bunch of flowers, wearing heels and he's in an anime girl pose. I can't tell what sort of song it is or it's content but the style bored me to tears, though I can't comment on the quality of his singing. I don't know what the market is for his music but it definitely doesn't include me. I'm not tuning in unless he's streaming with Pippa and even then I'm doing it under protest.
I think he's just more of a hobby streamer. I also wonder if he's using some unusual rigging like just inputs or voice or something. No Idea though. As for the character..... I don't know. I see people a person a schizo on 4chan say it's a girl RM but never saw any evidence (didn't look either though). I was going to say "If so" but then I realized it doesn't matter: Boy or girl RM, this character must be some type of niche that appeals to them personally and likely a select few. I mean, I just look at him and "Pippa's sister fucked around with the scissors and found out". He's alright though.

paul

Early Adopter
Ina's and Kiara's Valkyrie Connect stream ended. There will be some kind of revival (did not really pay attention). But they also talked about their wishes which the sponsors granted them: Kiara's automatic cat toilet is on the way but Ina got a preview pic of the giant takodachi that she showed on stream. It's massive 1 meter/39 inches tall, check the bottle for scale.
i28tt8cgvnq91.jpg
The funny part is Ina asked for this gift because she though it was something that would be realised ingame, not something in rl.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Oh no

Kaela is a penguin in denial.
I mean, she's both named after the Madagascar shitpost penguin, and the Polish word for blacksmith. Now, there's no Penguins native to Poland, but the shitposting penguin is a very popular late 2000s meme in Indonesia and Poland.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
View attachment 1448

Interesting classification chart for Hololive's various insane asylum patients characters
Kaela is a penguin in denial. She has held out firmly because she believes if she gives in to the penguin character, people are going to ignore the barong ID myth creature her design is based around. It doesn't help matters her papa has released 0 art or auxiliary content (another IRyS/redjuice situation but worse). We still don't have a character style sheet for her.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Cali on a diet? Also wtf is this tweet..

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Ina's and Kiara's Valkyrie Connect stream ended. There will be some kind of revival (did not really pay attention). But they also talked about their wishes which the sponsors granted them: Kiara's automatic cat toilet is on the way but Ina got a preview pic of the giant takodachi that she showed on stream. It's massive 1 meter/39 inches tall, check the bottle for scale.
View attachment 1460
The funny part is Ina asked for this gift because she though it was something that would be realised ingame, not something in rl.
I never thought I would need a plushie this badly.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Redpill me on Ghost, is he one of those people who makes bank off of baiting people into trying to do le trole on him? I swear that every single time I see a clip of him, it's someone trying to bait him into being all pissed off.
I don't watch him, so I don't know all the details, but from what I know it kind of started off like that. At first, he posed as a podcast host/streamer with anger issues and a retarded audio technician, but people eventually figured out that it was just a role he was playing. Now people who are in in the joke "troll" him with supers.

Again, I don't watch his show, but this is what I've heard from other people.

Last edited:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Lamy should be placed the same as Flare as she's also a half elf, (Weirdly cover only seems to have half elves, none of the 3 are actually full elves in their lore)
There this weird thing about "pure" elves in fantasy being very rare and usually too different from humans to interact normally with them, that why most fantasy setting tend to have half-Elves everywhere without any Elves in sight (also note that the kid of half elf and a not elf would also be a half elves so many of them might not even have actual elves as parents) it a common trope in isekai/fantasy anime a even to some extent western fantasy like DnD that I guess holo also leaning on it for their characters.

I never thought I would need a plushie this badly.
its even a plushy? didn't saw the stream but form the picture it almost looks like it might me an statue with plushy like exterior, it looks quite solid compared with KD Takodachi from Ina's merch.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
The video doesn't show this but later on in the night he does a commentary over Pippa singing Ram Ranch at the convention. I wasn't able to find a clip of this, does Ghost Politics have some kind of stream archive?
He also streams on a site called vaughn.live. Here's the link to the latest stream:
Found the timestamp for the Ram Ranch bit, it's at 3:35:18. Also it seems a clipper is about to premiere the whole thing.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I haven't gotten through the entire VOD yet so there may have been more said later on, but Dez mentioned in his last Subnautica stream that he wants to get a lot more guests on the stand for Judge Magni.

Seeing as there's only himself and Vesper that hasn't been up there..I take that to mean the girls are on the table. I'll take a Vesper v Kronii debate on how long can a sandwich sit out and still be considered acceptable.

Stars is a definite possibility as well but the language barrier would make that kind of comedy difficult to pull off.
Sana would have been perfect for a bit like that lol she had a real talent for bantsing like that and could easily go toe to toe with any of them. A Sana v. Kronii bit would have been pure gold.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Vesper is about to cook eggs using a Pentium 4. I love this boomer.

Vesper's zatsu was a wild ride. From calling Kronii a hag, to almost doxxing his schools. And not a single egg or Pentium in sight despite the steam title.
Some timestamps for highlights of Vesper talking about Kronii:
  • 34:50 - "Everything except Kronii-senpai that comes out of Canada is based."
  • 37:35 - Giving his opinion of the blended sandwich plan and Subway
  • 41:08 - "My read on Kronii-senpai is that she's old and haggard. She's got the soul of a 40-year-old person."
  • 41:55 - Vesper thinks Kronii must be a zoomer because she's getting her wisdom teeth out, but a chat tells him they got theirs out in their 30s. Vesper muses about Kronii "Oh, so she might be as old as assume that she is."

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
  • 41:08 - "My read on Kronii-senpai is that she's old and haggard. She's got the soul of a 40-year-old person."
  • 41:55 - Vesper thinks Kronii must be a zoomer because she's getting her wisdom teeth out, but a chat tells him they got theirs out in their 30s. Vesper muses about Kronii "Oh, so she might be as old as assume that she is."

The more salient parts re: Kronii has been clipped:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
>Canada
>Based
Oof.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Found this on Poast, thought it was neat

Spergatory

Early Adopter

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Fauna is playing Death Road to Canada and recruited a wandering Sana into her party. I know its nothing new but its still nice to see her still be included in things. She also booted Kiara to the curb for her.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
For anyone with ProtonVPN, are you able to access KF with it turned on? If so, does it work on both PC and android?

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
For anyone with ProtonVPN, are you able to access KF with it turned on? If so, does it work on both PC and android?
I'm not on Proton but no issue with my VPN, however Josh did mention some troubleshooting for those who were having issues:
1664405824372.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom