"I eat so fast, but because of that when I eat too much, to keep myself from dying my body has gained a reflex, it'll just grab the food in my throat and regurgitate it back into my mouth for me to chew it again"Sava Safari

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Off to a great start. IRyS' mouse was stuck in the Hitman window in window mode and she could not get it fixed. Her HoloApp UI was showing and she needed chat to help. She had to alt-tab to fix it, which she had never done before. She had never used alt-tab before.

I know I said this would be a comedy of errors, but I meant IN-GAME.
She is our "special" girl.

Ensok

Early Adopter
It is a little better live, but overall I am not a fan of the song. Not having that awful MV goes a long way, though.

Edit: that was fun, very much enjoyed it. If you need an emotional reset now, IRyS' Hitman stream ought to be a total comedy of errors and malding.

It's going about as IRyS as expected so far.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I actually like the song, so for people who don't

Why?
I don't mind it, but I'm pretty hard to get to dislike anything. Usually.

From what I recall of the OG release: The mixing was a little goofy, the vocals were almost phoned in sounding, plus there was some very obvious tuning. (MOST notably for Ame and somewhat Ina, but the song iirc WAS recorded a while before it released and Ame's much better since then. Ina on the other hand I think just didn't fit for the vocals it wanted.)
It's also extremely generic as far as lyrics and whatnot. Holo also has an issue (that continues to this day shown by IRyS' songs on and off) where it seems like they write them in Japanese then do a messy English translation which leads to weird parts that don't end smoothly. So you get words that feel off melody and often cut short or elongate awkwardly.
The last part is especially annoying because I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard to get someone to help the lyrics flow or fit better. Get a proof reader and it's basically fixed.

So while Myth having a cute song about getting things sorted out after a chunk of time and being together through it all is a cute idea, the execution is just a bit off.

That said, it certainly isn't the Country Roads collab that they released. That thing is honestly probably worth memory holing, or quietly removing it then uploading a new much improved version as an apology lol

Horo7618

No one in particular

Why?
It's just.... blah. The music is bland and generic, the lyrics are a mixture of awkward character references and shonen anime cliches, and the singing in the original recording was not that good either.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Welp looks like Shenpai, The one who said that Trans rights are more important than what Pikamee is experiencing right now, is not much of an inclusive person as I thought seeing this in her Discord server. This go to show that most political sperging we see on Twitter is mostly for clout and like farming and they have no integrity what so ever.

Leftists try not to be hypocrites challenge (impossible)

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

So aside from Sena getting to collab with Nyaru and that being very cool, is anyone else confused by the zipper on the top of Nyaru's idol dress? It's at the bottom when closed. This is opposite of how a zipper should work if you think about it. Assuming the white part is connected to the blue part, then unzipping it would create this weird opening in the middle of the shirt but it wouldn't actually open up until it got to the top and separated completely similar to how the two zipper bits come apart when you totally unzip a coat. Think about how weird it would be if the zipper on your fly worked like that - every time you wanted to zip up (which would actually be zipping down) you'd first have to put the little leading thingie into the zipping mechanism. It's so impractical. Maybe that zipper is purely cosmetic and doesn't actually separate? Or maybe, as in her Caramelldansen-inspired dance animation, it's not actually a zipper at all but some sort of dangly decoration that can swing freely?

I know I'm overthinking this but it just sets me off a little.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
mfw i watch the myth 3D collab
I KNEEL.jpg

Goes without saying that this is way overdue. I'm glad the their 'official 3D debuts' (whatever that means at this point) is out of the way and that it was such a fun experience for them. They've been working extra hard, but it also seems like they've had a good time through it all and that's all I can ask for when it comes to the Myth girls. They are all wildly different people, and it will never get old watching them have fun together. Coming from their first few collabs, all the way up to now, is nothing short of a real time look into mostly introverted people slowly coming to understand each other. The growth between each of their relationships is heartening to witness as a fan. It goes to show that no matter what retarded rrats take shape in the minds of schizos, all you have to do is open your eyes and ears, and watch these last few weeks to prove them wrong. Myth is special, and there's not a single thing that I would change about that line up of girls.

So aside from Sena getting to collab with Nyaru and that being very cool, is anyone else confused by the zipper on the top of Nyaru's idol dress? It's at the bottom when closed. This is opposite of how a zipper should work if you think about it. Assuming the white part is connected to the blue part, then unzipping it would create this weird opening in the middle of the shirt but it wouldn't actually open up until it got to the top and separated completely similar to how the two zipper bits come apart when you totally unzip a coat. Think about how weird it would be if the zipper on your fly worked like that - every time you wanted to zip up (which would actually be zipping down) you'd first have to put the little leading thingie into the zipping mechanism. It's so impractical. Maybe that zipper is purely cosmetic? Or maybe, as in her Caramelldansen-inspired dance animation, it's not actually a zipper at all but some sort of dangly decoration that can swing freely?

View attachment 15590

I know I'm overthinking this but it just sets me off a little.

I don't see any zipper 'teeth' on the black part, so I just assumed it was a little dangly bit that's just there for fun.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Why?
I feel like it doesn't do justice to myth and it doesn't quite suit the members themselves. Like others have said the original version MV was awful and felt very much half-baked. The song just isn't very memorable or good anyways, even for people who like the genre.

I feel like the lyrics for each member could've had more to do with their lore and each member should have had more unique instrumentation (which they do play with here but they don't fully commit to it)

For a good gen song my picks would be blue clapper for gen 5 (which isn't even an official gen song for them) or id:entity for the indos

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lia wants everyone to know what Harry Potter house she got into:

Not sure if that's fair or not but I can't find the Hogwarts House that corresponds to mental illness.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Not sure if that's fair or not but I can't find the Hogwarts House that corresponds to mental illness.
thats a trick question, all of them are

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
View attachment 15570

Everyone was saying as much yesterday, she even did a pose for it. Would be nice if they made it removable in the future like Lui's jacket and La+'s... coat?
I think they did have it without the coat, look at her on Holofes last year. She's performing without the big coat.

1677995442486.png

I feel like it doesn't do justice to myth and it doesn't quite suit the members themselves. Like others have said the original version MV was awful and felt very much half-baked. The song just isn't very memorable or good anyways, even for people who like the genre.

I feel like the lyrics for each member could've had more to do with their lore and each member should have had more unique instrumentation (which they do play with here but they don't fully commit to it)

For a good gen song my picks would be blue clapper for gen 5 (which isn't even an official gen song for them) or id:entity for the indos
Hololive have a lot of bad portfolio, the one I remember clearly is Coco's "Weather Hackers"

Official MV

Fanmade MV

You can see which one is made with the least amount of effort

Stunned But Dumb

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Reminder that she follows Pippa
View attachment 15556
I love the irony.

Is it just me or does Gura seem like she doesn't really care about all the random stuff? She is off on her own for their mini things it seems both times they went over to her.
Maybe she is just tired or its just that she is awkward around others.

Okay serious question. Is this prerecorded or live?
Nolan, as almost every 3D, performances are usually pre-recorded and the rest is somewhat live.

I don't mind it, but I'm pretty hard to get to dislike anything. Usually.

From what I recall of the OG release: The mixing was a little goofy, the vocals were almost phoned in sounding, plus there was some very obvious tuning. (MOST notably for Ame and somewhat Ina, but the song iirc WAS recorded a while before it released and Ame's much better since then. Ina on the other hand I think just didn't fit for the vocals it wanted.)
It's also extremely generic as far as lyrics and whatnot. Holo also has an issue (that continues to this day shown by IRyS' songs on and off) where it seems like they write them in Japanese then do a messy English translation which leads to weird parts that don't end smoothly. So you get words that feel off melody and often cut short or elongate awkwardly.
The last part is especially annoying because I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard to get someone to help the lyrics flow or fit better. Get a proof reader and it's basically fixed.

So while Myth having a cute song about getting things sorted out after a chunk of time and being together through it all is a cute idea, the execution is just a bit off.
While the lyrics are a bit wonky and the original video is kinda meh, the song has a special place in my heart since its about all the shit they went through to get together as a group and finally how long it took for them to actually get their 3D.

Lia wants everyone to know what Harry Potter house she got into:

Shame she didnt start the game by taking the online test. I feel like that should be part of every HP stream.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
That... shouldn't be an issue for Journey since Calli wrote the lyrics herself (she also wrote Myth or Treat and Non-Fiction).

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The tranny thing is weird to talk about because they really are victims, though not of the people they usually think. I see the situation basically like this:

Tom: I just realized that I'm actually a bird. I'm going to jump off a tall building to prove that I can fly.

Dick: You're not a bird, you're a human. If you do that you'll only experience pain, and possibly death.

Harry: You ARE a bird. If you feel that's what you are, then that's what you are and you SHOULD jump off a tall building to prove you can fly. Don't listen to Dick, he's only saying that because he hates you.

(Tom jumps off a tall building and, predictably, dies)

Harry: This is YOUR fault, Dick! If only you had accepted Tom for what he is!

So I do see them as victims of the pushers and gaslighters who, for various reasons, try to feed their delusions instead of correcting them, and to that extent they have my pity. But that doesn't make it ok for them to protect their delusions by lashing out at people like Pikamee, Silvervale, and JK Rowling. To the extent they do THAT, they are in the wrong and should be criticized for it.
This is 100% the truth. I think the large majority of actual dysphoric people should be try to be treated through counseling as much as possible. But at the end of the day, as an adult you are allowed to do whatever you want with your body. There are some people who do the surgery and the hormones and are genuinely better for it like Buck Angel. However, I think that number is significantly lower than the amount of people we're allowing to fast track through everything and go straight to hormone shots and surgeries.

The shitty part too is that in many states, they're starting to say that going "Hey, maybe we should put you through some therapy to make sure you're okay mentally, and don't have anything like Bi-Polar Disorder or some other treatable issue causing this" is conversion therapy. That's right, asking for mental therapy for something that was traditionally seen as a mental issue is on the same level as shocking the gay away.

I say this in many places I visit, but the lobotomy was once seen as a miracle cure for schizophrenia, behavior problems, and other mental issues. It was literally going with with the equivalent of an icepick into the front of the brain through your orbital socket, and swirled it around turning your frontal lobe into mush.
Lobotomy.jpg
The man who invented this practice actually won the Nobel prize in medicine. Now many decades later, we recognize how much damage this barbaric practice did, and how many lives were ruined by it.

I worry that the current trend in transgender medicine and surgery being handed out without many restrictions and any therapy will be looked in 50 years the same way we look at the lobotomy now. We allowed emotionally disturbed people to ruin their own bodies and not only do we not stop them but we encourage it.

I'm glad kiara has taken the lead, even two years ago I always said she was way better at taking the lead than Ame
Watson may be the leader behind the scenes, but Kiara will always be the team lead the second the cameras turn on. Both are great at their own tasks. I'm glad they're there for each other.
Welp looks like Shenpai, The one who said that Trans rights are more important than what Pikamee is experiencing right now, is not much of an inclusive person as I thought seeing this in her Discord server. This go to show that most political sperging we see on Twitter is mostly for clout and like farming and they have no integrity what so ever.

Leftists try not to be hypocrites challenge (impossible)
As more time passes, the words Jordan Peterson said to Ethan Klein keeps being applied to more and more people.
"You will be held to higher and higher and soon impossible to maintain ethical standards by the very mob you currently wish to please. Then you will make a mistake, and they will devour you. With glee. Please take this warning seriously. I liked you."

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh
has anyone made an edit of the video senchou posted of her showing her butt to smol ina only for smol ina to tragically suffer a heart attack and die but with the reverb fart sound that would be kind of funny i think

edit: inb4 "dangerous marine smell" joke

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
So today on Rins stream, her mom Gin brought in "at least 20" balloons. She played it off when speculated by chat but I wonder if the plucky British upstart had herself a birthday?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

See you at their debut next year, best of luck surviving the basement.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
See you at their debut next year, best of luck surviving the basement.
They're pre-existing models iirc, so hopefully not. Phase gen 2 took forever for whatever reasons behind the scenes, hopefully it will be a lot smoother this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom