"Kanata is good banana"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

BROSEMI LIVE! YOU GUYS READY TO GET PLUCKING F I T ?!

RiverBear

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! Why the fuck does it have to be at the exact same time as Elira's 3D reveal. I'll try to make it work.
Imagine watching Nijis though

kukkia

Early Adopter
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! Why the fuck does it have to be at the exact same time as Elira's 3D reveal. I'll try to make it work.
Omega wants to get the numberfags back on their side after weeks of /vt/ malding over Tempus.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I'll try to make it work.
This made me laugh, Nolan. You sound like your have this intense schedule and a rigid routine… oh, autism that’s right.

Still made me laugh.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230111-223508-769.pngScreenshot_20230111-223527-675.png
.....bruh, lmao. Shiina is right. When Lia judges you, you are simply too far gone to be redeemable.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
.....bruh, lmao. Shiina is right. When Lia judges you, you are simply too far gone to be redeemable.
Not the first indecent proposal and certainly not the last we'll see :shiinastare:
puyowantstopopshiina.PNG

2$ man? You gotta akka and be a little more romantic at least if you're gonna hit on memaw :smugpipi:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Not the first indecent proposal and certainly not the last we'll see :shiinastare:
View attachment 10500
2$ man? You gotta akka and be a little more romantic at least if you're gonna hit on memaw :smugpipi:
Lmao damn bro even the greys were behaving. Thankfully I think Shiina has already dealt with enough of this shit (and probably some real creeps too, tiny chicks tend to draw in the pedos who are still in denial about being pedos) that she just laughs it off, but I can kinda see where women find us to be disgusting creatures...:smugrys: cept me of course

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
The question is; what's the ROI? Can you even donate to a short? What's the correlation between subs gained by shortposting and donation increases based on sub count, compared to donations on a comparable sub count grown purely by streaming?

I feel a lot of people mistake pure sub growth for revenue generation. I'd really like to get actual numbers and a statistical analysis going on this kind of stuff.
More eyes on you. Doesn't necessarily gives you more CCV but possibly more ad revenue and better for sponsors. Sponsors usually go off subs instead of CCV. Eventually they are getting monetized also.

It kills me ever time I see this exchange in a vtuber chat:
"My channel isn't growing!"
"Post shorts."
"I don't wanna!"

This is a concern. Miori Celesta has talked about this a few times. Her channel's sub count exploded due to music and coomerbait shorts, but that didn't really turn into CCVs or donations for her. It just brought in a lot of children who act up and get banned from chat. However, it does make her CCV go from 300ish to 1000+ whenever she does karaoke.
You just get more potential viewers but more often than not, only a small percentage will actively tune in.

Honestly, I don’t think sub count is super indicative of a lot on platform. You can see that just by looking at some CCV counts of Pippa streams or some of the Kawaii girls’ ASMR streams. They are drawing as much as some of the less popular Nijisanji talents with a fraction of the sub count.

I believe subscriber numbers are way more valuable when looking at third party cash generation. Companies generally are more willing to put up investment money or sponsorship opportunities for those numbers.

Then again this is just based off my personal observations over the years. I generally try to stay off numberfagging unless it’s pertinent to the discussion. Take one look at /#/ on /vt/ and you can see what real numberfag brain rot looks like.

Also, to answer your question, it seems like Leti has definitely had a bit of an uptick in donations as well. I’m not an avid watcher of hers but I follow some of the other talents like Sava closer so there’s some bleed over of seeing information about the whole company. Whether these are new donators or typical parasocial whales splurging more to reward her for growth? That I couldn’t tell you.
You are right.

The real best example of this is Shiki Miyoshino from PRISM. She played the Shorts game HARD when she started mid 2021.
View attachment 10466
She had a monstrous 100k+ subs pretty quickly, but that really amounted to empty subs with not much follow up. As of now, she struggles to pull more than 150 CCV on any given stream.
View attachment 10467

Meanwhile, compare this to Pippa who has just ground like crazy and only recently started supplementing her already existing viewerbase with Shorts
View attachment 10468
View attachment 10469

Realistically, I think Youtube has made a mistake putting so much emphasis on shorts. It doesn't really seem to do much for a channel unless it already has a decent community already built. They really need to stop trying to compete with Tiktok.
I think its fine as its a good way to get viral video or hit the hours viewed threshhold. Its basically good padding but not good substance.

Cliptax

Also Erina doing Karaoke for 6month. Shes a surprisingly good singer.

Last edited:

Diya

✨𝓗𝓪𝓰 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮✨ (Talent Freedom'ed since 2022)
How hard is it to post, "I'm sorry she had to leave the company and I wish her the best in any future endeavours"
And what's the fun in that? We always complain about corpo speech in member's respond to a graduation. Let the small guy (and us) have their fun.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Koe brought this gem to my attention

Also Scarle threw out her voice and is currently being superchat bullied

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
1673494554960901.png
Mumei is still jetlagged, but is also still cute.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
:painpeko:
"like an all out war"
:smugselen:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Pippa promised to show her parents feet if she hits 1 million subscribers this year. :sakanapleasepippa:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Anyone watching this Magni stream? He's maggin' out on a keyboard, two guitars and voice at the same time with a loop station, making.. er music.
Pretty entertaining.

[edit] He's got quite a voice, eh.

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Pippa please you're fueling their degeneracy.

20230112_003845.jpg

lvl8

RiverBear

Koe brought this gem to my attention

1673503031742.png

An interesting exchange I found from my mutuals on the maker of that animation

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

RiverBear

Both of them are pedophiles. Why are you mutuals with pedophiles?
Idk, just popped up in my timeline one time. A friend must have liked/retweeted it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom