"Once you get to the real world, you have to flatter people, otherwise you'll end up in a bad spot. Like me, I lived without sucking up to anyone, and that's why I'm like this now"Hayama Marin

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
Clip of Enna talking about the time Millie could have exposed them both at Otakuthon. There's gotta be a few others that decide "fuck it" and leave obvious clues.

18 minutes of behind the scenes info on Risu's 3D showcase.

Pizza Papa recounts meeting the Holostaff and Yagoo. With the way that he talks about Shinove just recruiting him out of the blue, I wonder if Yagoo/Shinove were just desperate to fill in positions for the Stars.

Altere thanks his viewers for giving tempus a chance. They were wary of being hated on debut.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Oh, cool. I didn't know that you could get an animated desktop background. There's this program on Steam for $4 (wallpaper engine), and now I've got the Torii gate Ina animation as my background.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Mysterious Ame announcement in 30 mins.

Edit: Don't think it would be a graduation, although no tweet about the stream and the simple thumbnail do raise my concern a bit, we'll see.
Edit2: Just sussy small ame taunting us about amogus.

Fuck you Ame.
Sincerely,
Me and my cardiologist
I just don't have words for it anymore. I'm tired and saddened that so many people are willing to buckle. If only I could win the lottery and bankroll the site to create another fucking Internet because that's what it is going to take at this point. I hope Josh is doing ok.
The sad truth is that people just want the peace of mind and unless they're emotionally or ideologically engaged, they'll drop anything Kiwi-related like a hot potato if the alternative means dealing with the rabid troon brigade every day until they finally commit 41% get bored.
I think this one is the most unusual, and sounds exceptionally fake but then again it's Florida.
The REAL degenerate is the person who decided to have sex on a Dragon Ball Z blanket.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh, cool. I didn't know that you could get an animated desktop background. There's this program on Steam for $4 (wallpaper engine), and now I've got the Torii gate Ina animation as my background.
Pro tip: Pirate Wallpaper Engine to stop pissing all of your steam friends off whenever you alt tab and steam sends them a notification of "X IS PLAYING WALLPAPER ENGINE"

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Pro tip: Pirate Wallpaper Engine to stop pissing all of your steam friends off whenever you alt tab and steam sends them a notification of "X IS PLAYING WALLPAPER ENGINE"
That's a feature, not a bug

Edit: Jokes aside, it looks like you can just create an empty .txt called "nosteam" in the bin folder, and it'll stop sending out notifications. You'll have to remove it and restart the program to access the workshop, though.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I don't think it was mentioned but kiara said that she asked ame and miko to play gta online with her

(time stamp at 32:00 if it doesn't work)

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Friends... It's your turn on the gacha stream wheel tonight

18 minutes of behind the scenes info on Risu's 3D showcase.

Pizza Papa recounts meeting the Holostaff and Yagoo. With the way that he talks about Shinove just recruiting him out of the blue, I wonder if Yagoo/Shinove were just desperate to fill in positions for the Stars.

It's no secret that Oga cares about the 1st gen ID a lot (man also sobbed while watching their 3D debut at the concert) and these backstage stories just make it more endearing. Truly the textbook example of the gentle giant

IIRC, gen1 of holostars are all directly recruited by yagoo/shinove themselves, then again with all the prejudice against holostars in the early days they probably wanted to make sure they're getting the right people with a strong mind to handle all the backlash due to the concept of holostars being a complete opposite of hololive

I was thinking, do the holostars have the same pressure to be able to sing as their female counterparts? I remember the stream where Ame said that after she joined they told her to start taking vocal lessons. I don't generally pay attention to hololive music outside of the occasional cover so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me like everyone has at least one original song.
For some reason the idea of grampire singing is really funny to me.
They eventually have to (because in the end, they have to appear in concert and such lol), Oga actually joined with no singing experience and later started taking singing lessons after his manager advised him to although he was reluctant at first because he's doubting he could get better from it (he used to be a huge pessimist about his skills, but I guess over time he managed to have more confidence nowadays)

Last edited:

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
I was thinking, do the holostars have the same pressure to be able to sing as their female counterparts? I remember the stream where Ame said that after she joined they told her to start taking vocal lessons. I don't generally pay attention to hololive music outside of the occasional cover so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me like everyone has at least one original song.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Random Nijisanji clip showcasing a rather interesting talkstream collab thingie between the yuri nurse of NijiJP and the edgy robot man of Noctyx.

Mostly sharing it due to Sukoya's level of english which she rarely shown on stream but has appeared ever since NijiID 1st gen collabed with her back in the day (and still does in the stream this was clipped)

Sukoya is objectively the best girl, and this isn't even remotely debatable. It's definitely frustrating to see how much the amount of clips she gets had dropped since she returned from her med school hiatus, at least partially due to a lot of clippers/translators focusing on EN. Honestly also can't help but feel like some people lost interest after her and Tomoe decided to stop doing Crossick content which, if so, would be even more frustrating.
You mean you wouldn't pay to be able to piss off your Steam friends with nonstop notifications, so that you can have a 480p WebM of a waifu playing on a desktop you may hardly ever have visible?

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
The real secret is to have no (steam) friends.

vestars20

Early Adopter
There's actually a very new long translated video of Inuyama Tamaki interviewing both of them on her channel.

Now I don't know about Noripro's clipping rules if any since I recall different companies have different rules such as Cover not wanting anyone clipping more than 20% of any VOD and Vspo requiring clippers to contact the company which will give them a serial number to be placed on video descriptions so you might want to archive this stream if you want considering Norio is somewhat known for menhera tendencies (I think she's one who uses vtubing as escape from mental pressure issues).

Edit: Pekora pulled the 5 star Okita, she got crazy luck.

Bathing is a poor translation of hygiene considering Japan's strict culture around it. Mea is weird regardless of her bathing etiquette - like a Pippa in the wild as she is still friends with Aqua, Tamaki, etc. I like her clips cause she reminds be of an inverted Pippa: Japanese, outgoing, oppositely unkept - leaving menstrual pads in inappropriate places vs. never washing your sheets and sleeping with chickens. Listened to the entire stream and it was fun, Nose and Mea combined can't touch the mold Rabbit. Yet, ask Pippa about storing whatever Mea stored in the fridge incase she had to sell them to live off of -pretty sure mensuration or used menstrual products- and she would call it rightfully gross. Aside from Nose/Mea, Tamaki is just so fucking good at her interviews, her segues to keep on track and playfulness almost makes me want to learn Japanese. Save some talent for the rest of us won't ya.

I binged a few clips and he recommend other clippers, this person translated an hour long stream where Nazuna (who Nose/Mea reference in the above clip) gives the history of VSpo, an esport girls vtuber agency. I found it pretty informative, VSpo seems more similar to Vshojo in being "talent lead" but obviously they are focused on FPS and more influenced by the Japanese vtuber meta. Compared to Hololive/Niji these talents are more candid like Mea and I am happy to watch clips of them being sweaty gamers/weird internet people.

This Beatani stream was really funny and short so a concentrated shot of surreal.

Last - Sora has an upcoming cover with one half of MonsterZ Mate, recently seen on Aruran's 3D live, and it looks like a single member of an Idol vtuber group channel similar to Milky Queens.
Check it out in an hour

EDIT:
Sukoya is objectively the best girl, and this isn't even remotely debatable. It's definitely frustrating to see how much the amount of clips she gets had dropped since she returned from her med school hiatus, at least partially due to a lot of clippers/translators focusing on EN. Honestly also can't help but feel like some people lost interest after her and Tomoe decided to stop doing Crossick content which, if so, would be even more frustrating.
Personally I would like more Niji clips in general but so it goes. I had to reply cause Fulgur is nice and all but commits one of my pet peeves for these JP/EN chatting collabs: uses complicated English words while also not using the simple Japanese they know. Companionship? Tomodachi. It's painful to watch sometimes cause I feel like the JP streamer is left out to dry. Sukoya is pretty fun, keep sharing her.

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter
I was thinking, do the holostars have the same pressure to be able to sing as their female counterparts?
Vesper has talked about learning to sing, I believe he's already taking lessons.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Edit:
Alternate TTV player seems to be helping with my shitty wifi and constant hang ups, so thanks for that.

Meemaw is playing Bloodborne, plenty of relaxed chat there also
X
There are no comfy souls-like streams on shiina's channel. Either she's malding at the game or chat is too backseaty and starts roasting chat about their "advice".
Good times either way tho.
Ame, we love you, but you shoulda known you'd be triggering the whole community's PTSD with Coco Flashbacks.
I kinda feel sorry for her if she's bummed out rn, but... maybe next time pick a different way to troll chat the next time.

IDK if I'd dare to have one of those cookies if I had a chance.

I just glossed over the whole Delutaya redebut stream and the avatar and rig look very nice. Let's just hope this sad girl can catch a breaka and be succesful and happy once.
As I've said before, If I were Vshojo's talent manager, I'd be all over her agent's emails trying to book her for the JP branch. (partly because I feel she kinda needs the backing of a "corpo" and senpais like Kson)

AmpleChip

Is she still being groomed by her discord gachis? This bitch is both baffling and impressive, she has had a bunch of horrible shit happen to her but she's still trying to make it happen, even then she is pretty menhera and paranoid so i wish her luck in her endeavours.
What's the difference to other fan discords, they're all full of groomers. Delta being in the discord herself just makes it more obvious than the rest.
She is hosting a fanbox drinking stream after the public stream today.

Jealous

Lurker

thirteenorphans

Ame, we love you, but you shoulda known you'd be triggering the whole community's PTSD with Coco Flashbacks.
I kinda feel sorry for her if she's bummed out rn, but... maybe next time pick a different way to troll chat the next time.

IDK if I'd dare to have one of those cookies if I had a chance.

(Not you specifically but since you mentioned it and I'm too lazy to go digging) Did people just ignore the Amogus Ame picture in the thumbnail? Unannounced stream put up 20mins before it starts. No tweets from Ame or management about anything. Ame is Ame. Surely it could not have been more obvious she was trolling? She's hardly the first to do announcement trolling in Holopro but damn people need to stop crying whenever the word announcement is used.

Bingeamint

Hololive Connoisseur Master of Missing Everything
Seeing the Hologirls, picking up FGO again is really something I didn't think would happen again. I remember LONNNNGG time ago when Fubuki was streaming it and this was a good few years back. Oh how gacha always comes back at you in the end...

I wonder what sparked them to start streaming it again, I can't work out if they just got permissions again from Aniplex recently or Pekora just was like "Fuck it, we have the permissions forever, I can stream this, why not" and then everyone's joining in again.

As someone who been playing since day 1 of the FGO NA server, it so not fair how Pekora getting the SSR/SR's with so few pulls.

Pure rabbit bullshit luck I'm telling ya.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
(Not you specifically but since you mentioned it and I'm too lazy to go digging) Did people just ignore the Amogus Ame picture in the thumbnail? Unannounced stream put up 20mins before it starts. No tweets from Ame or management about anything. Ame is Ame. Surely it could not have been more obvious she was trolling? She's hardly the first to do announcement trolling in Holopro but damn people need to stop crying whenever the word announcement is used.
The Amogus on the thumbnail was only added after the stream.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
What if her plan is to graduate during the Amongus Collab? We will never see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom