"You know what they say, you know, uh, my name is next to the gamer word, like the the gamer word, in the dictionary"Lottie Shinju

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Prayers from Abi revealed a Merchline, seems cute and comfy

Koros Apogee

With Apex down, vtubers will be forced to resort to playing Destiny 2 for their shootmans, bringing Ina out of her hiatus to clown on everyone else scrambling to build up a gun collection.
With how the meta in Crucible is constantly changing and in my opinion getting worse with every season. Even will how they are changing the comp playlist as well with those Trails test game modes I would counter and say no not even close.
To be fair the combat in Destiny 2 is pretty good. It's just outside of the raid and dungeon content, there's not much to do.
Well unless you want to bash your head against the wall that is Crucible or the alternative is the now-gutted Gambit (I miss Gambit Prime...) that's something to do in the meantime.
God I hope not, I just managed to kick my Destiny 2 addiction, I don't want to get pulled back in.
just-when-I-thought-I-was-out.gif
Unless you have a good team that you are actually on the same page as, it wouldn't be that fun.
It's worse when you have to be the one carrying the team who don't read up on mechanics in the raid.
I've done that dance one too many times and eventually I've learned to accept that the game will bring me in again sooner or later. Maybe you should do the same if this isn't your first time.
Same tbh. Even with me playing Warframe to wait till Light Fall comes out, the itch to play destiny never goes away. Especially with this season having a new dungeon. I have the need to solo flawless that and have another emblem in my collection.

Anyway, Delta dropped her Schedule the other day for this weekend and next week.
Fj8TEgWUcAE5ypa.jpg
- Fri. Chatting Stream (Youtube)
- Sat. Valorant with Usami Myun (Twitch)
- Sun. Cooking Simulator (Youtube)
- Tue. Fanbox Only Watchalong CLANNAD (Youtube)
- Wed. Singing Stream (Youtube)
- Fri. Resident Evil 7 (Twitch)

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Guys, I'm thinking Remi might not actually have GTA V. But seriously, Remi stories are 10X better then game streams, so the longer she goes on the better :pippasquish:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Honestly, Ami should really try to market herself as a family friendly vtuber. I dont think I have heard her curse once (although she apologized about 2 days ago because apparently she did once during that stream). She is fairly decent at playing videogames too and even if she isnt, he will fumble her way around and then laugh/snort at her fuckups.
Is there really a market for that though? I don’t have children but I could never imagine sitting down with them and watching a vtuber stream like it’s family movie night. I would want my kids to be like, you know, normal.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I wouldn't want "family-friendly" vtubers to take off, even if the particular chuuba a kid's watching is wholesome the larger community's sexual content is just far too prominent for it to be appropriate, especially with YouTube recommendations leading them off the beaten path.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Is there really a market for that though? I don’t have children but I could never imagine sitting down with them and watching a vtuber stream like it’s family movie night. I would want my kids to be like, you know, normal.
Was Blue from Blue's Clues the first children's vtuber?

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I wouldn't want "family-friendly" vtubers to take off, even if the particular chuuba a kid's watching is wholesome the larger community's sexual content is just far too prominent for it to be appropriate, especially with YouTube recommendations leading them off the beaten path.
I know of the CookieSwirlC channel that uses a vtuber model pretty much full time now. The channel is also quite large with nearly 19 million subscribers.

The content they produce is obviously aimed at young children but it’s deeply unsettling to me. It’s like a content farm explicitly designed to game the algorithm for maximum views. These channels need this kind of massive volume of views and videos in order to pivot into profitability via other means (think Ryan’s World and his toy line) since YouTube got their ass handed to them for COPPA violations when they used to serve targeted ads to children under 13.

Creeps me out either way. Here’s a CookieSwirlC video so you can see what I’m talking about:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Guys, I'm thinking Remi might not actually have GTA V. But seriously, Remi stories are 10X better then game streams, so the longer she goes on the better :pippasquish:
Honestly I love Wemi zatsu. Her coffee stream was great!

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I know of the CookieSwirlC channel that uses a vtuber model pretty much full time now. The channel is also quite large with nearly 19 million subscribers.

The content they produce is obviously aimed at young children but it’s deeply unsettling to me. It’s like a content farm explicitly designed to game the algorithm for maximum views. These channels need this kind of massive volume of views and videos in order to pivot into profitability via other means (think Ryan’s World and his toy line) since YouTube got their ass handed to them for COPPA violations when they used to serve targeted ads to children under 13.

Creeps me out either way. Here’s a CookieSwirlC video so you can see what I’m talking about:

Pippa always talks highly of CookieSwirlC. Not sure what she sees in this.:icanfixher:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Is Kiara a family friendly Vtuber?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I love the one at 1:15 where Yugo ask the dude if he's Female and the dude goes "why do you ask", then Yugo goes "oh sorry about that!" and proceeds to approve him to pass through. :SelenHAHAhere:
To be fair the game does have some genuine troons transvestites but you need to scan to actually determine if the fuckers aren't lying.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Pippa always talks highly of CookieSwirlC. Not sure what she sees in this.:icanfixher:
Pippa has the worst taste in everything though, remember she unironically enjoys the vtuber drama channels and normie twitch streamers.

Sven

She always mentions her in the same context, horse girl stuff, so I imagine she is probably good for that at least.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

"Familiar member"? Seems like a Henri refernece to me.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Her horny arc has been mostly on FF7 Remake
I take it you missed her drooling over peepaw (Geralt), possibly due to most of it being on Twitch.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Mumei is still Moomin', almost at 5 hours right now, this archive is gonna take a while to download. She changed the goal to 766k instead of 765k.
1671179134173.png
Edit: Hit 766k, asked people to unsub because she was trying to pick a last song, and should hit it again once she finally does pick a song.

Last edited:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I remember back during the Rushia drama someone said that non-compete clauses that remain in effect after someone has left a job aren't really a thing in Japan. Companies can rely on using their clout to try to blacklist people from work (Johnny, a big male idol agency, is infamous for this) but they can't really say "you aren't allowed to stream." It's most likely that people who do wait just do it to avoid drama.
Yes, Non-Compete Clauses aren't nearly as effective as people here and in the Homeland believe it is in these scenarios. Every Japanese person has a right to pursue a career in all legal avenues of work and NCC's are usually only enforceable on specific types of people that contracted entertainers are not.

Masae should be far more worried about the consequences of NDA. Changing her twitter to its own version of the Kaneki meme and posting moody 'Untitled' streams after just a day or two doesn't exactly add points to them being a well-behaved and cooperative person behind the scenes.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
So I guess the consensus is Yugo didn't play well with superiors and coworkers behind the scenes that caused them to be let go?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

NANA SING!!!!!!
Important stuffs:
-Will stream exclusively on twitch after this one.
-Next model will be last model.
-Will graduate if she gets tired of streaming.
-Rants about high cost of being an indie, complains about neverending arms race of vtuber models and other resources like overlays and stuff.
-Seen vtubing as an escape from covid situation. Now that the walls are off considers leaving.
-Considers, but unsure about joining corpo
-Doesnt believe in hag love
-Will keep doing covers
-HATES KIDS, considers having one at 35 y/o "out of obligation"
-"But vtubing isnt a competition! Its a community!" Look im old, im not naive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom