"Eat shit and die"Himemori Luna

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Topo Chico

Just fuck already you two jesas. The discord WILL cause some drama in the future, but as long as it doesn't destroy the entire site I think we should all just sit back and enjoy the autism.
>I know this will cause problems in the future
>But actually, let’s just do it anyway
>Oh it’s already caused problems?
>Oh people are Yamanba cattle?
>Hmmm

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
can we all agree that Proctor's decision to become a streemer was a mistake?
Sure thing bro... but hey! maybe you'll become the new token mexican! Have fun!
As honored as I'd be, we already have brown punpun as a more fitting candidate

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
STOP ACTING LIKE WOMEN! at least they are being gay on discord and not here. :annoyedpippa:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
>Hmmm
Is it harming you? I bitched enough so that this thread was created so the gay shit didn't derail the general, there's nothing more I can do and it will only be solved when it implodes on its own. I'm not making light of your concerns.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
I'm like 90% sure this problem could be solved by just endlessly spamming racial slurs in discord.

caw.jpg

Alright folks, which of you are going to be the heroes to save the TVA schizoposting from groomercord?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
>Hmmm

Okay, I'm sorry. Here's some context. I just did a stream where I had a collab with Empraize, and we had a lot of fun talking about stupid stuff. Then it started up again on Discord after the stream ended. Nothing is being taken seriously. I understand you have reasonable suspicions, but I'm also asking that you please give me a little benefit of the doubt. As much as I like to project the aura of a curmudgeonly stoic hardass, I really enjoy relaxing with entertaining people and just letting the mood flow. I'm sorry I was still in that mood when I replied to you. If you have real concerns, I'm open to listening to them.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Okay, I'm sorry. Here's some context. I just did a stream where I had a collab with Empraize, and we had a lot of fun talking about stupid stuff. Then it started up again on Discord after the stream ended. Nothing is being taken seriously. I understand you have reasonable suspicions, but I'm also asking that you please give me a little benefit of the doubt. As much as I like to project the aura of a curmudgeonly stoic hardass, I really enjoy relaxing with entertaining people and just letting the mood flow. I'm sorry I was still in that mood when I replied to you. If you have real concerns, I'm open to listening to them.
Nice one.

Topo Chico

a little benefit of the doubt
Whatever, it’s not even you. It’s the medium itself that will cause problems in the future and that is what is unaddressed. You can be a streamer and have a discord for that and mayyyybe be fine. You can be a forum owner. The two, as I understand and have seen, (via the lessons from Null and anecdotally) cannot be intermixed or reconciled. Intentions don’t matter, the outcome is set in stone if this continues as it follows in the direct footsteps of the people who walked this path prior show it’s bad, even knowing the dangers is not protection, thinking it is is hubris as the users are autistic, esl, gay, whatever. I like this community, believe it or not, I do not like watching a bad inevitability. But I see that inevitably and people laughing down the road to the car crash.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Whatever, it’s not even you. It’s the medium itself that will cause problems in the future and that is what is unaddressed. You can be a streamer and have a discord for that and mayyyybe be fine. You can be a forum owner. The two, as I understand and have seen, (via the lessons from Null and anecdotally) cannot be intermixed or reconciled. Intentions don’t matter, the outcome is set in stone if this continues as it follows in the direct footsteps of the people who walked this path prior, even knowing the dangers is not protection, thinking it is is hubris as the users are autistic, esl, gay, whatever. I like this community, believe it or not, I do not like watching a bad inevitability. But I see that inevitably and people laughing down the road to the car crash.

I understand that. It's a perfectly reasonable assessment. But before I say anything further, I'd like to know what your potential solution would be. In an ideal world, would you want me to stop using Discord (and potentially by extension Matrix, any forum chatbox I might install, etc) and only keep communication here? I don't feel I have a full grasp on where you feel the danger lies, and I want to understand your concerns properly.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The whole argument that the discord chat should have been shut down outside of stream hours was brought up and that was casually ignored away after enough time passed. I'm not going to argue for people to not stick their head in the beehive anymore, I'm just going to sit back and watch the inevitable dumpster fire. It's obvious to everyone and everyone that still participates in it is either a retard that doesn't see what's coming around the bend, a drama hungry fag, or a combination of the two.

You guys do you, I'm just going to get my popcorn ready.

Topo Chico

I understand that. It's a perfectly reasonable assessment. But before I say anything further, I'd like to know what your potential solution would be. In an ideal world, would you want me to stop using Discord (and potentially by extension Matrix, any forum chatbox I might install, etc) and only keep communication here? I don't feel I have a full grasp on where you feel the danger lies, and I want to understand your concerns properly.
There is not a perfect solution as this medium, an Internet 2.0 forum site, lacks a feature set that accommodates the modern internet user (GAY, lazy ect.). The best case scenario is unknowable, I don’t have solutions, but what has worked better than off site chat software of any sort, is the integrated on site chatbox. Yes, it too has caused gay problems as noted by Null, but weighed against the clique-y insular alternatives that require other software, registrations, and conformity breed problems much more quickly and in a breed much more annoying to deal with if you chose that route as exists now.

Ideally, niggas would be happy they have a forum to shitpost on that is singularly on topic, not wanting more. That’s unreasonable in the modern age. So you grow more topics and threads with rules duly suited for those topics and threads, but, the Rule says, when you go off site, shit gets gay, fast. That’s the totality of my complaint and issue. I’d like to IM users, I’d maybe even like a VC, but the risks involved to do any of that off site is bad. You don’t have TVA on discord you have discord flavored TVA, at best. That’s an important distinction.

To be frank these other people “outside” TVA (the 2 view chuubas et al.) are a different class of liability that you don’t want on an off site chat room. If you have any first party off site anything you are responsible for ALL that goes on there or by its’ users directly. That isn’t moral, but it is how shit works socially. Many bad vectors open up with this current trajectory, most bad long term. I advocate for any position that can be dubbed a “Pull UP!”

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
There is not perfect solution as this medium, an Internet 2.0 forum site, lacks a feature set that accommodates the modern internet user (GAY, lazy ect.). The best case scenario is unknowable, I don’t have solutions, but what has worked better than off site chat software of any sort, is the integrated on site chatbox. Yes, it too has caused gay problems as noted by Null, but weighed against the clique-y insular alternatives that require other software, registrations, and conformity breed problems much more quickly and in a breed much more annoying to deal with if you chose that route as exists now.

Ideally, niggas would be happy they have a forum to shitpost on that is singularly on topic, not wanting more. That’s unreasonable in the modern age. So you grow more topics and threads with rules duly suited for those topics and threads, but, the Rule says, when you go off site, shit gets gay, fast. That’s the totality of my complaint and issue. I’d like to IM users, I’d maybe even like a VC, but the risks involved to do any of that off site is bad. You don’t have TVA on discord you have discord flavored TVA, at best. That’s an important distinction.

This is fair. I wish I had a solution myself. In all honesty, the primary reason I've kept the Discord open is that it has given me immense access to connections I simply would not have otherwise. I don't consider it an inextricable part of TVA, but right now it functions as quite a valuable 'waystation' and a place for vtubers themselves to interact and connect. It poses a danger, absolutely. Perhaps even a danger that cannot be reasonably mitigated. But it's more than just a place to shoot the shit and mess about on.

Once we're off the cloud, I am planning to look into a site-based IM chat. We already have a few options there. But as I see it, the danger lies in divergent cultures. I act a lot more freely over IM than I do on this forum. I'm the same person on Discord as I am here, just the incentive structure behind my posts is different. I absolutely understand that instant messaging is much more impulsive and instinct-driven than posting on a forum. You can say a lot of things that make perfect sense in the emotional energy of the moment, but which look very strange out of context.

I remember back when KF still had strikethroughs for banned users visible. Pretty-much anytime I saw a 1k+ poster banned, I'd look at their profile and ask why. The answer was always the same; 'chat autism'. Issue is, the kind of people who'll sperg in chat hard enough to get banned will eventually have their autism tickled in the right way to get them to sperg out in a forum post as well. The context will just be different.

I really, really, really want to be able to trust people. I want to be able to say stupid, irreverent, silly stuff that pops into my head without it being taken out of context and used to paint me in a negative light. I want to jump into a conversation and spend an hour rambling about nonsense that doesn't matter, because it's fun. I don't want to have to constantly be looking over my shoulder for the next drama or autistic meltdown. Knowing, factually, that I don't have a choice in the matter and that sooner or later some idiot will take things too far and ruin it for everyone else is not easy to deal with at times.

I wish I had a better, more coherent answer to your concerns than this, I really do. Perhaps I will discover one sometime soon, as I am thinking it over. It's just 7AM right now, and I got up at 8AM, so my brain is not exactly a problem-solving powerhouse right now. I'm not operating in a vacuum though; my moderators have raised similar points. They were the ones that pointed out I was being too flippant and should think about my response to you in context. I'm grateful for that. With their help I'm reasonably confident we can prevent any autistic blowouts for the moment. Then when the move is done and that massive amount of stress is off my shoulders, I can look into these issues more precisely.

Until then, all I ask for is that people not take shitposts and retarded in-jokes seriously. I took it too seriously as well at one point, and that led to issues. Now I'm trying to relax and let people express themselves. There's a balance to be struck, and I'm very much still in the process of finding it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

This is fair. I wish I had a solution myself. In all honesty, the primary reason I've kept the Discord open is that it has given me immense access to connections I simply would not have otherwise. I don't consider it an inextricable part of TVA, but right now it functions as quite a valuable 'waystation' and a place for vtubers themselves to interact and connect. It poses a danger, absolutely. Perhaps even a danger that cannot be reasonably mitigated. But it's more than just a place to shoot the shit and mess about on.

Once we're off the cloud, I am planning to look into a site-based IM chat. We already have a few options there. But as I see it, the danger lies in divergent cultures. I act a lot more freely over IM than I do on this forum. I'm the same person on Discord as I am here, just the incentive structure behind my posts is different. I absolutely understand that instant messaging is much more impulsive and instinct-driven than posting on a forum. You can say a lot of things that make perfect sense in the emotional energy of the moment, but which look very strange out of context.

I remember back when KF still had strikethroughs for banned users visible. Pretty-much anytime I saw a 1k+ poster banned, I'd look at their profile and ask why. The answer was always the same; 'chat autism'. Issue is, the kind of people who'll sperg in chat hard enough to get banned will eventually have their autism tickled in the right way to get them to sperg out in a forum post as well. The context will just be different.

I really, really, really want to be able to trust people. I want to be able to say stupid, irreverent, silly stuff that pops into my head without it being taken out of context and used to paint me in a negative light. I want to jump into a conversation and spend an hour rambling about nonsense that doesn't matter, because it's fun. I don't want to have to constantly be looking over my shoulder for the next drama or autistic meltdown. Knowing, factually, that I don't have a choice in the matter and that sooner or later some idiot will take things too far and ruin it for everyone else is not easy to deal with at times.

I wish I had a better, more coherent answer to your concerns than this, I really do. Perhaps I will discover one sometime soon, as I am thinking it over. It's just 7AM right now, and I got up at 8AM, so my brain is not exactly a problem-solving powerhouse right now. I'm not operating in a vacuum though; my moderators have raised similar points. They were the ones that pointed out I was being too flippant and should think about my response to you in context. I'm grateful for that. With their help I'm reasonably confident we can prevent any autistic blowouts for the moment. Then when the move is done and that massive amount of stress is off my shoulders, I can look into these issues more precisely.

Until then, all I ask for is that people not take shitposts and retarded in-jokes seriously. I took it too seriously as well at one point, and that led to issues. Now I'm trying to relax and let people express themselves. There's a balance to be struck, and I'm very much still in the process of finding it.
So slightly off topic, when are you and Kirsche collabing so you can show her how retarded Nolan is with the Nolan OP?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So slightly off topic, when are you and Kirsche collabing so you can show her how retarded Nolan is with the Nolan OP?

You act like she hasn't already read that thread and your updated OP (probably).

Topo Chico

The whole argument that the discord chat should have been shut down outside of stream hours was brought up and that was casually ignored away after enough time passed. I'm not going to argue for people to not stick their head in the beehive anymore, I'm just going to sit back and watch the inevitable dumpster fire. It's obvious to everyone and everyone that still participates in it is either a retard that doesn't see what's coming around the bend, a drama hungry fag, or a combination of the two.

You guys do you, I'm just going to get my popcorn ready.
To piggy back off your last two posts: I’m genuinely curious why @thhrang and @Short choose to still discord it up. At least the thrangussy has fur shur been around long enough and I believe I’ve seen agree with Null’s points that disc just breeds bad(maybe I’m retarded and wrong?), so y still b there. For short, you came from outside the homeland, you’re from vt ya? But you’ve been very critical of some aspects of gay behavior prior that’s been seen here that’s parallel to the gayer shit you can see on discord now-ish so why stick there?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
But you’ve been very critical of some aspects of gay behavior prior that’s been seen here that’s parallel to the gayer shit you can see on discord now-ish so why stick there?

His favourite vtuber is there too.

Top Bottom