"Babygirl little meow meow skrunkly sexyman what is the difference anymore?"Machina X Flayon

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Well yeah, I have to prove I have a bigger dick than the gays. No homo, obviously.
Rule 57:
It's not gay unless balls are touching

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Zyklon Mag

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I don't remember why I was inspired to make this exactly, but an old post in the general thread made me feel like this was necessary to make as an explanation for perceived issues that Hololive fans have with Phase Connect. Lemme know how accurate you think it is.
1727223092280.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't remember why I was inspired to make this exactly, but an old post in the general thread made me feel like this was necessary to make as an explanation for perceived issues that Hololive fans have with Phase Connect. Lemme know how accurate you think it is.
View attachment 79161
Eh? I don't have any issues with phase in particular, I bring it up to fuck with other members here and it ends up looking like a lot of mentions because this place just has a disproportionate amount of their fans.

If we did end up segregating the threads I would probably never even pay attention or mention the company or its fans at all. And I think most Holo fans outside of /VT/ are the same. Holo is such a walled garden/bubble that I think most of its fans just do not give the tiniest shit about other corpos or their fans unless they either Collab with or attack Holo.

The "phasefags are annoying/the worst" shit just comes from /VT/ where people try to bait and gayop holobronies with phase because Niji got btfo'd. The only time I have seen hololive fans get angry at phasefags is a couple of times in the reddit when some moron tried to stealth-shill Pippa in a post or in the comments, that is the only thing I can say people don't like, so as long as you don't fuck with em you might as well not exist.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1727223092280-png.79161
This is stupid, vtuber content isn't a zero-sum game. Me getting great content with Phase Connect doesn't mean that fans of other corpos are getting worse content, and I hope other vtuber fans are having a great time too, regardless of their preferred corpo or preferred talents. In fact, great content with one corpo or one talent can inspire other talents and other corpos with their own content ideas. Tribalfagging is not only pointless, it's the height of retardation.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
In this war I offer myself up to fight on behalf of Wactor. Because the bad guys are always the coolest

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
This is stupid, vtuber content isn't a zero-sum game. Me getting great content with Phase Connect doesn't mean that fans of other corpos are getting worse content, and I hope other vtuber fans are having a great time too, regardless of their preferred corpo or preferred talents. In fact, great content with one corpo or one talent can inspire other talents and other corpos with their own content ideas. Tribalfagging is not only pointless, it's the height of retardation.
In fairness, I made this in response to obnoxious tribalfaggotry, not to endorse it. But I'm also really dumb and tend not to understand when people are making jokes/being schizos instead of unironically being tribalfags.

I completely agree with you. I think it is completely possible to enjoy both Phase Connect and Hololive without needing to choose one and hate the other. I see a lot of people do it - in fact, that's exactly why I made it so that a majority of Phase fans are Holo fans on the chart. The issue is that some Holo fans are obnoxious about how Phase is ruining their little thing, particularly Holo fans on /vt/. And the few Phase fans who tend to be obnoxious about enjoying Phase while loathing Hololive or insulting it constantly while treating Phase like a sacred cow (looking at you Kyouko) tend to make the tribalfaggotry worse.

It's mostly just an observation more than anything.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Holo is using up all the good content like minecraft and GTA RP. Leave some content for the other corps.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Holo is using up all the good content like minecraft and GTA RP. Leave some content for the other corps.
it's okay the other corpos have adultery, cucking, suicide and whores, top tier content right there :pippasquish:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
View attachment 79161
This is more accurate:
madmen.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
>another tribalfagging arc

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Phase chuubas.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

I will die for *our* Queen

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Tenma is already doing that through asexual reproduction.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Shout out to my homie Hulegu for ending the Islamic Golden Age and assfucking the Arabs so hard that they never fully recovered as a society
Serious scholarship out of Baghdad largely stopped a good century and change before the Mongols sacked the place, and given the propensity of the famous scholars' contemporaries to call them apostates, it is somewhat debatable inhowfar the era could even be considered "Islamic" rather than "Arabic."

The Mongol invasion also only covered a limited area, and had no impact on, for instance, Al Andalus, whose multicultural and intellectually advancing era had ended a bit after 1000 AD, to be replaced by strict conservatism (whose intolerance drove Jews and Christians alike up north).

Tellingly, when the Ottomans eliminated the Byzantine Empire and took Constantinople, the flood of Greek refugees reaching Italy dramatically influenced art, literature and natural philosophy. When the Mongols eliminated the Abbasids and took Baghdad, absolutely nothing changed in Arabia, Egypt or Iberia.

And given the propensity of the crusades era near east to engage in destructive behaviour not meaningfully different from modern ISIS (Al Aziz, one of Saladin's sons, tried to destroy the pyramids for being unislamic; he failed, but he gave it a try; the attempt is visible on Menkaure's pyramid to this day), there is an argument to be made that the Mongols merely beat the Arabs to the punch. Like shooting someone suicidal before he can jump.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Serious scholarship out of Baghdad largely stopped a good century and change before the Mongols sacked the place, and given the propensity of the famous scholars' contemporaries to call them apostates, it is somewhat debatable inhowfar the era could even be considered "Islamic" rather than "Arabic."

The Mongol invasion also only covered a limited area, and had no impact on, for instance, Al Andalus, whose multicultural and intellectually advancing era had ended a bit after 1000 AD, to be replaced by strict conservatism (whose intolerance drove Jews and Christians alike up north).

Tellingly, when the Ottomans eliminated the Byzantine Empire and took Constantinople, the flood of Greek refugees reaching Italy dramatically influenced art, literature and natural philosophy. When the Mongols eliminated the Abbasids and took Baghdad, absolutely nothing changed in Arabia, Egypt or Iberia.

And given the propensity of the crusades era near east to engage in destructive behaviour not meaningfully different from modern ISIS (Al Aziz, one of Saladin's sons, tried to destroy the pyramids for being unislamic; he failed, but he gave it a try; the attempt is visible on Menkaure's pyramid to this day), there is an argument to be made that the Mongols merely beat the Arabs to the punch. Like shooting someone suicidal before he can jump.
To be honest, closing the gates of itjihad doomed them to stagnation and that was a good century before the Mongols ever reached them like you mentioned.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
How do you go from being the world's beacon of light in science, medicine, astronomy, mathematics, architecture, poetry, and then forever damned to be a backwater fundamentalist poop-chute. Did Harun Al-Rashid make a mistake?

tragic amphibian

I can't remember the proper Arabic term off of the top of my head, but Islamic metaphysics began to take a view that reality is wholly predestined by God, destroyed and recreated anew every instant to progress time, so therefore what purpose is there in trying to dig into the nature of reality when it's already working as divinely ordained? This view became dominant around the time that the Arab and Persian mathematicians, natural philosophers, and astrologers began to recede in their output and quality of work and there's a likely correlation between the two. It gets brought up from time to time, academically, but this most simple of observations that would be trivial with respect to any other religious or social system just triggered the Islamophobia Alarm and now you're out of a teaching position (if adjunct) or are now a departmental pariah (if tenured) and the university press won't publish your monograph.

Top Bottom