"You're a freak; You're fucked up; I was groomed into showing my feet by you"Pipkin Pippa

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Fuck, I just had a sinking feeling it was going to suck and now you reminded me that we're going to get Absolution 2. They're going to throw out the 7 years of experience with sandbox assassination/puzzle games and focus on the story shit. I was already growing concerned with the story-focused sections in H3 with Chongqing and the linear Carpathian Mountains finale. :depressedtako:
I thought absolution was square enix's fault? besides episodic garbage is the new IO way :BijouBijou:

Panko Enjoyer

I thought absolution was square enix's fault? besides episodic garbage is the new IO way :BijouBijou:
Absolution wasn't entirely Square's fault, as Square wasn't at fault for dumb shit like there being a "power bar" for disguises and then that never refilling on higher difficulties. The writing was also exceptionally cringe and felt like it belonged in an early 2000s game and not in a good way. While there was hintings of the new WoA style of missions with the small town mission with Lenny though, the team was very unsure of what approach they were going for in level design.

The episodic garbage was only in Hitman 2016, which ended up working out just fine. The episodic release meant IOI could listen to the fanbase about what they liked and didn't like and they made adjustments to what they had in the pipeline. It was still pretty gay to sit around with 1 level for 1 month (or 3 months for Club 27). It wasn't until they released Sapienza and everyone loved it that they got really confident with what they were doing.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Fuck, I just had a sinking feeling it was going to suck and now you reminded me that we're going to get Absolution 2. They're going to throw out the 7 years of experience with sandbox assassination/puzzle games and focus on the story shit. I was already growing concerned with the story-focused sections in H3 with Chongqing and the linear Carpathian Mountains finale. :depressedtako:

It's a bit of a weird fit in my head because James Bond could have a lot of overlap with Hitman games in how they'd play out to some degree but at the same time, it's always been a franchise with focus on action over intrigue, especially in recent years. With the claim it's story focused and an origin story, it makes me think of Absolution in the worst way. For as much as I love the Hitman games, the only time I've ever seen the cutscenes is when a vtuber doesn't skip them.

The Carpathian train though, I thought it was a pretty cool setpiece, linearity aside. I think of it in kind of parallel to back in Codename 47, when you return to the Ort-Meyer lab and have to fight through other heavily armed clones to reach the Professor and ultimately free 47 from his shackles in a way and the ending of H3 mirrors that idea. Considering the scene you get if you take the serum calls back to the opening of the first game, I think it's intended to be taken something like that.

Compare and contrast

I will always opt to blame the Japanese even if they are demonstrably not at fault. Especially then, they should have known better and intervened to make it stop, but they didn't.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Panko Enjoyer

It's a bit of a weird fit in my head because James Bond could have a lot of overlap with Hitman games in how they'd play out to some degree but at the same time, it's always been a franchise with focus on action over intrigue, especially in recent years. With the claim it's story focused and an origin story, it makes me think of Absolution in the worst way. For as much as I love the Hitman games, the only time I've ever seen the cutscenes is when a vtuber doesn't skip them.

The Carpathian train though, I thought it was a pretty cool setpiece, linearity aside. I think of it in kind of parallel to back in Codename 47, when you return to the Ort-Meyer lab and have to fight through other heavily armed clones to reach the Professor and ultimately free 47 from his shackles in a way and the ending of H3 mirrors that idea. Considering the scene you get if you take the serum calls back to the opening of the first game, I think it's intentional.

Compare and contrast
Yeah, Carpathian is more of an "epilogue" mission than a "finale" mission, as 47 has already won by getting stuck on a train with Edwards at this point.

I was excited for James Bond because a "spy" theme would naturally overlap very well with an assassination game. I doubt there would be much disguise-shifting at all and it would likely just play out like a SO mission. However the newer movies have REALLY focused heavily on the "James Bond is not a stealthy spy, he is a grenade the MI6 throws at someone". Combine this with the chase scene autism and I have very mixed feelings because while IOI is very good at stealth games, they haven't shown themselves to be good with action games and I expect we're going to get the Deadeye bullshit from Absolution.

I feel like the best case scenario is that they just make Hitman levels that are SO and end with their "action movie schlock" like Chongqing's "we need to escape from an underground facility as it's exploding!"

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Yeah, Carpathian is more of an "epilogue" mission than a "finale" mission, as 47 has already won by getting stuck on a train with Edwards at this point.

I was excited for James Bond because a "spy" theme would naturally overlap very well with an assassination game. I doubt there would be much disguise-shifting at all and it would likely just play out like a SO mission. However the newer movies have REALLY focused heavily on the "James Bond is not a stealthy spy, he is a grenade the MI6 throws at someone". Combine this with the chase scene autism and I have very mixed feelings because while IOI is very good at stealth games, they haven't shown themselves to be good with action games and I expect we're going to get the Deadeye bullshit from Absolution.

I feel like the best case scenario is that they just make Hitman levels that are SO and end with their "action movie schlock" like Chongqing's "we need to escape from an underground facility as it's exploding!"

To their credit, IOI did also develop Kane & Lynch.

To their detriment, IOI did also develop Kane & Lynch 2.

I would say I don't have high hopes, but that's a given. I barely have any hope for the games industry anymore to begin with. Even with Dragon's Dogma 2 coming finally after all these years and the coverage so far looking like we're just getting more Dragon's Dogma but with New Stuff, the fact it's being retailed for 95 motherfucking whole ass maple pesos for the basic edition has me feeling sussy feelings. I can preorder it for much less then that thanks to the 20% discount from being subscribed to Humble Bundle as long as I have been, but that's still some fucking $75 on a preorder for the hope that Capcom hasn't shit the bed and has learned the fine art of media manipulation.

Panko Enjoyer

To their credit, IOI did also develop Kane & Lynch.

To their detriment, IOI did also develop Kane & Lynch 2.

I would say I don't have high hopes, but that's a given. I barely have any hope for the games industry anymore to begin with. Even with Dragon's Dogma 2 coming finally after all these years and the coverage so far looking like we're just getting more Dragon's Dogma but with New Stuff, the fact it's being retailed for 95 motherfucking whole ass maple pesos for the basic edition has me feeling sussy feelings. I can preorder it for much less then that thanks to the 20% discount from being subscribed to Humble Bundle as long as I have been, but that's still some fucking $75 on a preorder for the hope that Capcom hasn't shit the bed and has learned the fine art of media manipulation.
The one positive of the shitty state of the gaming industry is that I'm finally starting to make a dent in my colossal backlog of steam games.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
The one positive of the shitty state of the gaming industry is that I'm finally starting to make a dent in my colossal backlog of steam games.

1703414830495.png

Haha, yeah, if only.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Look here you fucking walking disaster that proves the love of God has long left this realm, there is no place for your particular brand of brain damage outside of the containment wing and I will not tolerate for a second the cloud of spores you trail behind you threatening to infect the rest of this complex. You stay in containment or I'll load up the security guard's pepperball guns with potassium rounds and hit the sprinklers the next time they pelt you for wandering the halls. The video of your diseased ass detonating under a fire suppression system will be very popular.
How lovely, not only will I get some of that delicious spicy air they reward me with but you're also going to put on a welcoming fireworks display.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Just woke up to Superduper now backreading the general Vtuber thread. I just know im gonna get a twitlonger when they reach the Christmas stream post

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Just woke up to Superduper now backreading the general Vtuber thread. I just know im gonna get a twitlonger when they reach the Christmas stream post
Jesus just how far back is rie anyways

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
1703433527079.png

Are we actually going to get a TVA corpo now or what? Or has he agreed to tardwrangle a few of our associated friends?

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
He's just in his victory lap, he'll stop when he gets to the sadgirls menhera meltdown arc
hn0up0.png
> Riro would like to know your location
:ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
He's just in his victory lap, he'll stop when he gets to the sadgirls menhera meltdown arc
hn0up0.png
What is it about Discord that makes everyone talking while using it sound homosexual?

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Oh I didn't know we got the banter thread up.

I will keep giving vtuber cosplayers a gun and none of you can stop me.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Oh I didn't know we got the banter thread up.

I will keep giving vtuber cosplayers a gun and none of you can stop me.
I don't think that's how you get a green card, but what do I know.

Top Bottom