"Ok, scientifically, do you know where the clitoris is?"Skye Shinryu

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

The funny bit is that there were actual fights that included Ronin, Conquistadors and Aztecs in that era, because the 1600s were freaking wild in the Pacific. But that's beyond Ubisoft's ability to think. Part of me is still deeply confused how they turned the "Magical Negro" trope into the only way they can get stories approved. But Ubisoft also should have had an AC game in Japan by 2012, but, it's Ubisoft, who's leadership are catastrophically dumb.

It should probably be actually pointed out that the shoving a nobody, random mercenary that moved along the Indian & Pacific coasts lines into a, technically, historical Japanese setting game is very racist. In the actual context for what that word used to mean.
They knew that everyone wanted AC Japan since the 1st game came out and purposely avoided it because it was "too easy and obvious" and kept it locked away as a "break glass in case of emergency" situation. That was until Ghost of Tsushima came out and took that away from them, so now they're fucked. Any samurai japan game will be compared to Ghost of Tsushima, which was a better game than Ubisoft will make.

This game is being made by Ubisoft Quebec, the tards that made Syndicate and Odyssey, so the gameplay is 100% going to be shit with shit writing. Any criticism is going to be handwaved away with "evil racists upset about negro samurai!".

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Oof that's not the AC game I wanted. But saying that guy is unknown is pretty weak nowadays. Maybe a decade ago. The dude appeared in Nioh and didn't they just make an anime about him?
as i recall hes also the inspiration for Afro Samurai whom is popular in his own right.
Be reasonable - There are countless other games where you get to play as a Honoraburu Nihongo Hittokiri. This is ubisoft, of course it's going to be a story about that one african man who wielded a katana and shyieeeet. And most definitely will get the local girl in doing so.

I don't play ass creed, but I can already see another 8 or 10 months of the same mouthbreather grifters clutching pearls about the travesty of ESG scores and the already stale and tired checklist of sins made by Corportate Entity #847 trying to appease their shareholders.
what are the odds they give him a gun i want to see the twittards rage about giving the blackman a gun dispite Oda loving the things so it would make total sense.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
They knew that everyone wanted AC Japan since the 1st game came out and purposely avoided it because it was "too easy and obvious" and kept it locked away as a "break glass in case of emergency" situation. That was until Ghost of Tsushima came out and took that away from them, so now they're fucked. Any samurai japan game will be compared to Ghost of Tsushima, which was a better game than Ubisoft will make.

This game is being made by Ubisoft Quebec, the tards that made Syndicate and Odyssey, so the gameplay is 100% going to be shit with shit writing. Any criticism is going to be handwaved away with "evil racists upset about negro samurai!".

boy, do I have plenty of thoughts about this, the first and foremost being: isn't subverting expectations w o n d e r f u l? at this point, I would applaud any major game companies playing it straight and giving their audience what they want to play, because that would unironically stand out in [CURRENT YEAR].

an Assassin's Creed set in Japan would have been a culturally beloved game, if it were made pre-2016 before everyone's brain broke. shock and awe, people want to play games set in Japan or created in Japanese cultural standards, which is at odds with Western Developers' almost overt racism towards anything remotely Japanese in recent years! it's not even subtext at this point, it's just plain text! whatever happened to #StopAsianHate? does it not apply here? rhetorical question, as always, but I think it would be really funny if that was resurrected because of this game.

God's Strongest Dragoon

boy, do I have plenty of thoughts about this, the first and foremost being: isn't subverting expectations w o n d e r f u l? at this point, I would applaud any major game companies playing it straight and giving their audience what they want to play, because that would unironically stand out in [CURRENT YEAR].

an Assassin's Creed set in Japan would have been a culturally beloved game, if it were made pre-2016 before everyone's brain broke. shock and awe, people want to play games set in Japan or created in Japanese cultural standards, which is at odds with Western Developers' almost overt racism towards anything remotely Japanese in recent years! it's not even subtext at this point, it's just plain text! whatever happened to #StopAsianHate? does it not apply here? rhetorical question, as always, but I think it would be really funny if that was resurrected because of this game.
Someone made an interesting point on the homeland that the decision to have Yasuke as the male lead could have happened around 2020 during the BLM George Floyd shit where the entire entertainment industry leaned hard on that and honestly with everything I've seen regarding Ubisoft Quebec, I think they're right.

Stunned But Dumb

I just dont want to forgive them for bg&e2. I never will

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

God's Strongest Dragoon

Looks like the BLM rrat might be true...
assdev.jpg
assdev2.png
And yes, she follows Sweet Baby Inc on Twitter.
sbiacs.png

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Tennocon is coming up in a few months, Warframe fever is kicking up into full-swing, and Warframe 1999 has teased their latest playable character Aoi, who will assuredly receive a resounding amount of artwork and microtransaction sales if GSS doesn't kill her first:

My brain worms, however, remind me of the step-child that Digital Extremes has taken on publishing, and that now would be roughly the best time to see how it's doing and if it ever fixed the online infastructure:

View attachment 67794

It has now been about 8 months since the launch period of Wayfinder - surely, this means they are in a better position than they were at launch with the assistance of Digital Extremes, right?

Not only has Digital Extremes dropped them from publishing, but they are going to self-publish and change up the game significantly (with no details yet as to how), so sales have been halted until it is ready to re-launch. Those who already bought it can still play it, but realistically, who would if everything's going to nebulously change at a later date?

For all intents and purposes, I was only ever interested in the project because of Digital Extremes and their involvement giving them the needed experience, without them they will unironically have to compete not only with Warframe, but with their upcoming game Soulframe that hits many of the same notes:

They also state that they want the game to be online and playable forever, but that sort of thing is expensive and the content is eventually going to thin out as money runs dry. It is incredibly optimistic of them that their overhaul will be a competing product right out the gate instead of "Early Access Part Two", but as I bought into the beta, I am obligated to at least give it a fair shot when it releases. Unless it is an absolute must-play at that point, I won't recommend anyone purchasing it until it does reach that point, if at all - ANTHEM 2.0 was a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual.

Wayfinder update:

it's no longer an MMO, it's a single player game with co-op, once 1.0 launches additional content will be developed if it is financially viable for them to do so (if it finds a new audience)

impromptu interview with the bald man:

interview with Shill-Up drops tomorrow:

they better be grateful that this was completely overshadowed by Assassin's Creed, but this also runs the risk of being overshadowed by other releases when 1.0 comes around and they go on sale again

personally? I think it's best to not buy it until and unless they prove that it's a meaty enough game to warrant the change to single-player and co-op, but because I am a big enough of an MMO addict that I bought the founder's pass, I am going to give it as much of a fair shake as I did Dauntless:

play it for the dozen or so hours before I realize it's not as good as Monster Hunter, Path of Exile, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, or Megaton Musashi, and return to those games when it inevitably dies out. if they're successful in allowing refunds, I'll jump on that instead.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
New Valve game in the horizon?

(I don't have archival abilities rn)

UberSoldat

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
* Steampunk
* FPS MOBA
* Hero shooter
* eSport
* 3rd person view

I think valve should add a stealth cover system and anime art design just to complete the checklist of abhorrent slop.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
* Steampunk
* FPS MOBA
* Hero shooter
* eSport
* 3rd person view

I think valve should add a stealth cover system and anime art design just to complete the checklist of abhorrent slop.
Sandbox and survival mechanics perchance...?

Kalion

:)
What's up, gamers!? It's time to DO THE DEW once again and get your exclusive mounts and XP boosts in the award-winning hit MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV!

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I'm perfectly content with watching the AAA (or AAAA in Ubisoft's case, lol...) industry continuously shoot itself in the foot and hemorrhage money. Laughing at their retarded decisions backfire on them gives me more entertainment than their shitty games these days, anyway.

Meanwhile, I have a massive backlog of games on Steam, the Switch, and older consoles I never around to playing. Plus, tons of games through emulation. On top of that, plenty of games are being released that are great quality games that only cost a fraction of the AAA prices. And even on top of that, plenty of these kinds of games get free updates or reasonably priced DLC for years after their release to keep them worth playing for a long time.

So keep it up Ubisoft and others. Your constant dumpster fires are great for popping corn to enjoy while watching your shitshows for free and playing actual good games.
:BibooPopcorn:

Top Bottom