"My character became a chocoball!... my character became a black person"Shirakami Fubuki

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

frz

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Bronze

What a wholesome and totally not reactionary tweet. E: A

Last edited:

Zyklon Mag

What a wholesome and totally not reactionary tweet. Couldn't archive it

She spends time tweeting and seething about 4chin/Twitter but no time for weight loss...:vesperfacepalm:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
What a wholesome and totally not reactionary tweet. Couldn't archive it

Why does everyone at Nijisanji have the subtlety of a brick?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
if Mint, Doki, and Sayu manage to have a collab at all this year I will eat my Pomu acrylic stand. (All 3 of them have to be in the collab or I ain't doing it).
You'll die if you do that so please stream it at Kick when that happens.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why does everyone at Nijisanji have the subtlety of a brick?
Most people lack subtlety amongst a whole host of other things, it's just that in Niji they have nobody to tell them NO and whack them over the head when they wanna do retarded shit.

Stunned But Dumb

Imagine the world we would be living in now if Niji EN had one good manager

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I never understood why Niji is the way it is. It just doesn't make sense to me why they are so self-destructive.
Were they always like this? How did nobody really bring it up for 5 years? Was all of their success just a fluke or genuine passion and hard work?
Why did EN take so long to implode if things were so horrible? Why did anyone in their right mind sign that contract?
Is Holo like this too? Is it possible to make a vtuber agency without being terrible? Why has nobody done it if so?
Who actually caused all of the issues? The talent? Management? The people at HQ? The suits? and why did it suddenly become worse? or was it always that bad?

Ever since all of the shit started coming out I feel like there is a lot of things we still don't know. Going "they're evil, that's it" does not satisfy me as a conclusion. There is this big disconnect between early Niji and current Niji, maybe there's a lot of things I can't connect to the puzzle because their JP branch never appealed to the west.

I understand Holo's fuck ups very well, they are logical and have plausible explanations. Coco was harassed and mismanaged, Rushia was menhera, Mel broke contract. Holo was very obviously going through growing pains in 2020-2021, and that led to a lot of incompetent/negligent handling of situations, that has since gotten better and is consistent with the agency's growth and number of employees. Niji just... had the world and then imploded, I feel like the root cause of the issues has never been actually revealed to us.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I never understood why Niji is the way it is. It just doesn't make sense to me why they are so self-destructive.
Were they always like this? How did nobody really bring it up for 5 years? Was all of their success just a fluke or genuine passion and hard work?
Why did EN take so long to implode if things were so horrible? Why did anyone in their right mind sign that contract?
Is Holo like this too? Is it possible to make a vtuber agency without being terrible? Why has nobody done it if so?
Who actually caused all of the issues? The talent? Management? The people at HQ? The suits? and why did it suddenly become worse? or was it always that bad?

Ever since all of the shit started coming out I feel like there is a lot of things we still don't know. Going "they're evil, that's it" does not satisfy me as a conclusion. There is this big disconnect between early Niji and current Niji, maybe there's a lot of things I can't connect to the puzzle because their JP branch never appealed to the west.

I understand Holo's fuck ups very well, they are logical and have plausible explanations. Coco was harassed and mismanaged, Rushia was menhera, Mel broke contract. Holo was very obviously going through growing pains in 2020-2021, and that led to a lot of incompetent/negligent handling of situations, that has since gotten better and is consistent with the agency's growth and number of employees. Niji just... had the world and then imploded, I feel like the root cause of the issues has never been actually revealed to us.
Dont quote me on that but i think there are some pieces that you could connect using linked in that seems to indicate some sort of brain drain that ocurred internally with NijiEN, the Infamous Harry was one of them iirc.

Other than that, id guess they just had the great intial PR of not being like Holo that drew people in and kept that momentum going, the tribalfagging with male autism, their general chummyness (that later turned out to be because of the nepo implications) all gave them alot of great inital push that they just went losing along the way. I think a lack of management instead of malicious one would explain some shit nicely, especially if you can couple that with the implications that alot of decent people left the company and somehow they either replaced them with useless interns or they never did.

But now, there is seemingly no wrangling, no real retards handling PR, very little communication with the fanbase (something Holo, excells at in comparison,) and that crippling momentum loss (imo it started with the "covid" shit) just ground down the talents into what they are now, with all the menhera moments, Millie being autistic, Vox trying to wrangle his fujo clique, Reimu being harassed by said fujos, i think to me that just indicates that they lost something that kept them going, either management or morale-wise

Holo is shockingly transparent for a JP company, to the point where their two terminations didnt leave a sour taste and their amicable graduations, even Vesper and Magni, left them not looking any terrible at all, meanwhile, Niji has the bizzare trend of attempting to justify their decisions to the public instead of just explaining them in the most milquetoast or amicable ways possible, its all just a wierd rot from the top that seemingly made everyone else fuck off.

i agree that there is probably no malice from management going on, just a shocking amount of incompetence, while the clique shit is retarded i wouldnt be suprised if there was internal friction between talent, alot are young, unprofessional, and mildy unstable

Limkin

1. NijiEN was not anything new, JP had and has all the same issues but no direct interference makes it worse. Language barrier and lack of giving a fuck simply kept english speaking vtuber fans mostly unaware
2. EN talent base consists mostly of femboys appealing to fujoshi, and the same brainrotted fujoshis as their audience but being the livers themselves. They also majorly hold all the same cancerous beliefs of "girlboss, gaslight, gatekeep" but unironically and genuinely believe it's the right way to live.
3. It resulted in a system that never even took into consideration to set standards and treat everyone fair and equally, to meet with people who gleefuly took advantage of it. You noticed how (aside from Mysta) everyone who left was a hardworking individual with goals, motivations and moral compass? As in, the people who would be taken advantage of under this circumstances.
4. Elira started to majorly complain about overwork and doing behind the scenes things only about a year or two ago. It would make sense this was around the time management shifted all the actual interactions with talents on her and it opened the floodgates. You try small things very carefully at first, you don't just run rampant from the get go.
5. Almost all talents come from nearly the same twitch circles (no, I don't mean the clique in particular) and streaming community on that website has horrendous reputation and this is putting it lightly. You don't become a decent human being when your entire career you were surrounded by scum
Now this is my own personal opinion and it used to be extremely unpopular one back in the days, but NijiEN always had to pick up leftovers from Hololive auditions. Even before the scandals made it very unappealing to apply, you often heard indies saying they were motivated to grind after being rejected from Hololive and realizing they weren't good and big enough. You didn't hear them saying the same about Nijisanji. So all of the decent people either got accepted or kept trying each wave or kept grinding on personal account with very minor exceptions. And this inferiority syndrome is quite apparent, they are extremely insecure and are lashing out at any opportunity. Again, festering an environment where bullying, being a suck up to higher ups, and throwing someone under a bus for personal gain is normal. They can't imagine being good so they drag everyone else in the mud to appear better than them

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Dont quote me on that but i think there are some pieces that you could connect using linked in that seems to indicate some sort of brain drain that ocurred internally with NijiEN, the Infamous Harry was one of them iirc.

Other than that, id guess they just had the great intial PR of not being like Holo that drew people in and kept that momentum going, the tribalfagging with male autism, their general chummyness (that later turned out to be because of the nepo implications) all gave them alot of great inital push that they just went losing along the way. I think a lack of management instead of malicious one would explain some shit nicely, especially if you can couple that with the implications that alot of decent people left the company and somehow they either replaced them with useless interns or they never did.

But now, there is seemingly no wrangling, no real retards handling PR, very little communication with the fanbase (something Holo, excells at in comparison,) and that crippling momentum loss (imo it started with the "covid" shit) just ground down the talents into what they are now, with all the menhera moments, Millie being autistic, Vox trying to wrangle his fujo clique, Reimu being harassed by said fujos, i think to me that just indicates that they lost something that kept them going, either management or morale-wise

Holo is shockingly transparent for a JP company, to the point where their two terminations didnt leave a sour taste and their amicable graduations, even Vesper and Magni, left them not looking any terrible at all, meanwhile, Niji has the bizzare trend of attempting to justify their decisions to the public instead of just explaining them in the most milquetoast or amicable ways possible, its all just a wierd rot from the top that seemingly made everyone else fuck off.

i agree that there is probably no malice from management going on, just a shocking amount of incompetence, while the clique shit is retarded i wouldnt be suprised if there was internal friction between talent, alot are young, unprofessional, and mildy unstable
Meh? I'd argue if you want to hate Holo there are plenty of reasons to do so, it's just that a lot of people have bullshit reasons like "Don't watch popular things" and "Idolshit makes you immoral". The Rushia termination was DEFINITELY seen in a very bad light for about two-ish weeks if my memory serves me, it was only when people noticed that most of the other holomem were being rather cold about it that some questions began to surface. Vesper and magni blew over quickly because they're males and half of the fanbase was celebrating it or just didn't care.

It really seems that a lot of recent Holo drama only angers tourists and people who didn't actually like Holo in the first place. With Niji it was definitely a lot worse because a large part of Niji's own fanbase turned against them, the only times I felt like Holo's fanbase became divided was the Taiwan drama and the Aloe drama. That may have been Niji's worst mistake, eroding fanbase trust for a whole year until the perfect shitstorm imploded everything. I also think that Niji's fanbase was a lot more mixed with other agencies and indies so they had a much easier time abandoning ship rather than someone who is fully invested into only that one company.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Meh? I'd argue if you want to hate Holo there are plenty of reasons to do so, it's just that a lot of people have bullshit reasons like "Don't watch popular things" and "Idolshit makes you immoral". The Rushia termination was DEFINITELY seen in a very bad light for about two-ish weeks if my memory serves me, it was only when people noticed that most of the other holomem were being rather cold about it that some questions began to surface. Vesper and magni blew over quickly because they're males and half of the fanbase was celebrating it or just didn't care.

It really seems that a lot of recent Holo drama only angers tourists and people who didn't actually like Holo in the first place. With Niji it was definitely a lot worse because a large part of Niji's own fanbase turned against them, the only times I felt like Holo's fanbase became divided was the Taiwan drama and the Aloe drama. That may have been Niji's worst mistake, eroding fanbase trust for a whole year until the perfect shitstorm imploded everything. I also think that Niji's fanbase was a lot more mixed with other agencies and indies so they had a much easier time abandoning ship rather than someone who is fully invested into only that one company.
Yeah thats the key thing, Holo acknowledges negative happenings and gives even the most bare minimum of reassurance that they are either fixing them or sorry that they happened. its communication is pretty great for a JP company. You have to be baiting or ignorant to think some of the responses many point out were bad, which is why tourists keep bitching about em (just see how people still think Rushia got fired because she was married)
Niji tried their best to justify all of their terminations to the community and it only worked with the JP side for a while, who just shrugged their shoulders and continued not really caring about EN, especially with Selen. If Zaion didnt have the rape oopsie, that according to her, she wasnt even warned for until the termination, she wouldnt be that much of a Pariah

frz

As the proposer of the Harry rrat:
Nijisanji has always been hands off for their kaigai branches and let they do whatever they want (except for collabing with Hololive EN/Kson). NijiEN found success because anycolor didn't touched them. But it changed after anycolor saw how successful Luxiem was, and anycolor started micromanaging EN by bringing in Harry.
While the cracks of a dysfunctional community were always there, with people shittalking others behind their back, they were held on by incredibly people like Pomu & Nina who pasted the fragments of the company together into a complete picture. Luca was also actively holding it together as you can see Scarle coming onto him for advice (though his advice aren't from his own but from his mod). The place was clique-y but there is a still sense of unity. But we see what happened, as Nijisanji shirks more responsibility into their hands and people started openly backstab each other, enabled by the new management, they crumbled under the increasing pressure and left. Pomu, the one affiliating herself with the brand the most, was legit scarred by Harry & his goons.

Sayu was clearly micromanaged by Niji and every single tiny mistake of her result in stealth suspension, harry started wielding his authority around thinking he's the best businessman ever. And it probs the same case for everyone other talents. When there is that much of a big presence of control, creativity got stifled and it shows, nijisanji stopped being interesting. Except for Selen who fought against all odds and didn't give a fuck what Harry thinks.
How did holo not land a Harry? Pure luck and not nepotism I guess.

>Why did anyone in their right mind sign that contract?
NEXAS has like 40 vtubers now, you tell me, their contract are definitely way worse.
Or just look at faze clan who takes aways 90% of all earnings, people still sign their contract.
Nijisanji is far more palatable compared to those contract wise. And niji actually has a prospect for growth.

Tl;dr they always like this. Company was held back from explosion by incredible people, whom finally got crushed from too much responsibility and left.
Holo is not transparent at all. While I do shit on aviel for fake being transparent. Nothing is really know about hololive, you referenced vesper and magni but Holo never even mentioned why they left. Everything about holo is assumptions from fans. Every time they had a termination they just default into the "People leaked something they shouldn't have" excuse, yet we never see anything actually getting leaked. It's called a walled garden for a reason, while people started going back and forth from the garden, it's still walled as hell. No information can escape. There probs were frictions as well but holo managed to hide it (just take one look at mikeneko and tell me she never clashed against someone during her 3 years)

The only time we have any concrete figure from holo was because an ex-talent, Coco, vague posting about nijisanji. Hololive can survive yab is because of years of building good will, the China shit cemented that Holo will side and care about the talent, and half of it comes from Fubuki's effort, and then YAGOO planted his balls all over the IR report saying "I don't care about your opinion or nijisanji, we will continue treasuring the talents"

Why is hololive the way it is? Pure luck, landing a Yagoo and staffers who actually cares.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Yes, Q3 is November, December, and January. The YoY decline from 2023 Q3 to 2024 Q3 can mostly be explained through merch.
View attachment 70046
Nominally they were down 787m YoY. Their livestreaming revenue was down by 104m but that's minimal in the grand scope of things, especially when their revenue from promotions was up by 33m to offset that. NijiEN has no events so that leaves only merch. Notice how Q3 2023 had 1,952m in revenue but 1,415m (72.5%) was commerce. Meanwhile Q4 2023 had 1,165m in revenue but only 700m (60.1%) was commerce. This drop in revenue from commerce makes up 90.1% of their revenue loss YoY.

Their 2023 Q3 (which is 2022 November+December and 2023 January) is when they debuted XSOLEIL. Their merch had a lot going during that time because it was their 1st anniversary of Luxiem, new outfits for Ethyria, New Years merch, and the half anniversary for ILUNA. So their 2023 Q3 was supercharged by all sorts of merch drops and a new gen (and remember, XSOLEIL was the last gen to have any hype behind it).

As for their 2024 Q3, they lost Nina, Mysta, Yugo, and Zaion. Aside from the fact that Mysta was an obvious money printer, you have to consider the effect that losing a gen member has on merch for all of them. For example, look at Luxiem with its 5 members. Not only are you losing merch revenue from Mysta no longer around, you're going to see a 20% drop to the revenue from "full gen merch purchases" when someone leaves. Then there's the whole Zaion doc that brought up that talents only get 2% of merch revenue, so people stopped buying merch as much and started buying voicepacks more often. I'm willing to bet this simple change really fucked with NijiEN because their cheaply made copy-paste merch where talents only get a 2% split from was a huge revenue stream for NijiEN.

After Cover's financial results came out this week, everyone was impressed with how much money Cover was banking from merch but their shit only made up 41.4% of their total revenue. If you look at NijiJP for 2024 Q3, they had 6,531m in revenue. The revenue from commerce for NijiJP was 3,624 or 55.5% of their total revenue. Companywide (NijiJP+EN) Niji's entire business strategy appears to have been "MERCH MERCH MERCH" while giving the talents a miniscule cut as commerce made up 56.2% of their total revenue.
Have to keep in mind the accounting method too if you're trying to match dates.

Both Cover and Nijisanji don't book revenue until they fulfill the order. For example if they take orders for someone's birthday on March 1 and ship the merch on July 25, they will book the revenue in July's quarter, not March's.

My understanding is Niji's merch is not nearly as delayed as Cover's, 1-2 months or so.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Holo is not transparent at all. While I do shit on aviel for fake being transparent. Nothing is really know about hololive, you referenced vesper and magni but Holo never even mentioned why they left. Everything about holo is assumptions from fans. Every time they had a termination they just default into the "People leaked something they shouldn't have" excuse, yet we never see anything actually getting leaked. It's called a walled garden for a reason, while people started going back and forth from the garden, it's still walled as hell. No information can escape.

The only time we have any concrete figure from holo was because an ex-talent, Coco, vague posting about nijisanji. Hololive can survive yab is because of years of building good will, the China shit cemented that Holo will side and care about the talent, and half of it comes from Fubuki's effort, and then YAGOO planted his balls all over the IR report saying "I don't care about your opinion or nijisanji, we will continue treasuring the talents"

Why is hololive the way it is? Pure luck, landing a Yagoo and staffers who actually cares.
Thats why i said "for a jp company" they still arent forthcoming with most of the info that happens, but they give just enough to reduce the flames of a termination or graduation, or just fuckups in general

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Doubtful, the first few gens were likely fine. As we've seen based on people looking into their staff, there was likely a huge shift in staff around year 2-3 and that's when the ball started rolling on this shitshow.
Why did EN take so long to implode if things were so horrible?
Shit like this doesn't happen overnight, it's a slow buildup of retardation. It doesn't help that a few years ago, the branch was doing very well. From what we know, management was gaslighting talents hard into believing that they're only popular because of Nijisanji. So they had the choice between staying quiet or lose everything. The more people leaving and seeing a success outside of Niji dispelled this myth to some, which allowed the cracks to be seen.
Why did anyone in their right mind sign that contract?
People are desperate, we know this from how many applicants shit like Wactor and the other shitty agencies get. Nijisanji had a grand reputation of being one of the Big Two, so people were a lot more willing to swallow the bullshit.
Is Holo like this too?
Is it possible to make a vtuber agency without being terrible? Why has nobody done it if so?
Holo and Phase have appear to have positive impressions from their talents but Phase had a REALLY bad beginning. I seem to recall Holo had a rough time at their start too but I don't remember the exact details. A big problem with an entertainment agency is your generosity is limited by how well your talents are performing, so it's hard to be generous when none of your talents have built much of a following when you just started out. V4Mirai is part of Brave and has an infinite money glitch that allowed them to receive a lot of support early on before Gen 3 took off and boosted the rest of their branch.

Vshojo has had a positive reception from all the ex-Nijis that are surprised at how well run it is but Vshojo has the opportunity to be more generous due to their hiring process. They hire people with very established careers and are already self-sustaining, so it's very easy to put more effort towards a talent when you know you're going to see a return on it. Meanwhile that one Luca ex-femcel friend mentioned how well Luxiem was treated by management in Japan because a manager told Luxiem that if they didn't pop off like they did, that manager would have been fired.
Shit like this is at the fault of the top for not taking action. That shift in staff was probably what started the ball rolling. As the shithead talents were there longer, they became more comfortable with the shit they can pull, especially with management getting shifted around with new hires. Elira getting 5 of her fucking nepohire friends in the branch certainly accelerated the shitshow.

HQ was likely unaware of the details of what was going on in the branch and if they did, they were likely intentionally neglectful at most because they just don't care about anything other than money. Situations like this occur as a result of apathy from the higher levels of management, as they're not crawling down from their corporate ladder to push people to suicide. The actors at play are at the local level, either talents or managers.

Have to keep in mind the accounting method too if you're trying to match dates.

Both Cover and Nijisanji don't book revenue until they fulfill the order. For example if they take orders for someone's birthday on March 1 and ship the merch on July 25, they will book the revenue in July's quarter, not March's.

My understanding is Niji's merch is not nearly as delayed as Cover's, 1-2 months or so.
Yes, this was seen with their 2023 Q3 revenue. They held Nijifes in October 2022, which was part of 2023 Q2. Petra, Elira, Selen, and Shu all participated at Nijifes and likely had merch set up for that but they couldn't recognize the revenue from that until at least 1 month later, which was 2023 Q3. The commerce events I noted for 2023 Q3 in my post were specifically mentioned by Nijisanji in their presentation materials regarding their commerce revenue, which indicates they were already recognizing that revenue.

Top Bottom