"I'm not gonna go to a bar and go like 'Hey guys! I'm a blue bear on the internet!' lol"Fujikura Uruka
  • Stress test complete for now, posting has been reenabled.
  • I am unironically begging vtubers to stop reading imageboards. Your lives will immediately and tangibly improve. You know who you are.

Nijisanji L Collection

x Hades Stamps

the moral of the story is that nobody can say how the industry will look in a year and who will be the most popular.
All we know is that the music must change, (for we’re chewing a bone. We soared like the sparrow hawk flied, then we dropped like a stone. Like the tide and the waves growing slowly in range, crushing mountains as old as the earth, so the music must change).
That wouldn't work either, some chats are way spammier than others, specially if the streamer encourages it.
Unofrtunately true.
To get realistic index you'll have to average highs and lows of each metric over multiple months (CCV, superchats, other engagements, VOD views...), then you can try to build some mathematical model that will boil it down to single number.
Each metric will have certain multiplier weight in the model, but weight will change over time with things like shorts or separate channel for VODs or branching to other platforms like tiktok
Even then, it’ll only take you so far. And also useless for instantaneous or even recent metrics.

SomeRando

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Holo just showed us that the biggest moneymaker is merchandising anyway, the goal in the industry seems to be to find a niche, build a loyal audience, expand and create powerful IPs and then market the shit out of those and use the revenue to expand even more.
Yes, with the caveat that most people don't qualify it like you did, and just say "Merch is the biggest deal, who cares about supas, anyway, lol!" without looking closer, where you suddenly see that merch was consistently bigger than streaming revenue for Holo since mid/late 2022, and while streaming revenue is nowadays relatively minor, it's still a doubledigit percentage of its income, and no business interested in profit would randomly ignore 10+% of its income sources.

Merch is a big deal when you're big. Small corpos should have different priorities.

You also get shit like for instance Suisei barely streaming and leaving her SCs off for good measure but selling a hilarious amount of merch. I imagine that Suisei and Marine skew the normal merch to streaming income ratio rather heavily.

Oh, and the shork girl does that, too.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
A redditor pointed out what remains of the NijiID twitter

NijiID.jpg

Literally just graduation notices, shilling for Zea's song and Hanna Machia's 3d from 1 year ago

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Merch is a big deal when you're big. Small corpos should have different priorities.
Even 2-views say on a regular basis that they're surprised how much they earn from merch. I'd say 2-view with good creative merch can make more than high-3-view with nijisanji-level sloppy shit (hello Idol)

RiverBear

Tightpinch

x Hades Stamps

Nenélove

Malding, seething and shitting
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi
Flipsie's shit-stirring has finally gotten to Finana.

opera_aYzBgOBiDD.pngopera_txrCtorvkH.png

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm honestly with the rotting fish filet here, flipsie is a fucking nuisance and has done nothing but clout chase and grift, building up his entire career literally off of a single drama. A parasite if I have ever seen one.
Yes but isn't it fun to watch a parasite latch onto someone you hate? It's like the Simpsons meme of the two monkeys fighting.

fortnitesmasherX

I'm honestly with the rotting fish filet here, flipsie is a fucking nuisance and has done nothing but clout chase and grift, building up his entire career literally off of a single drama. A parasite if I have ever seen one.
Don't pretend that you wouldn't have wanted to send the same sort of message as him.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yes but isn't it fun to watch a parasite latch onto someone you hate? It's like the Simpsons meme of the two monkeys fighting.
I honestly don't hate any of the Nijis or the company for that matter, I was never invested in Niji's growth or its downfall. Their current situation is of their own making and completely unrelated to me, in short, my hate is wasted on them. I just like making fun of them and specially their fans.

I hate people like flipsie because they have no allegiances, and a corpo which I do like (Holo) and am invested in can and will be targeted by this vermin once Niji's carcass dries out. Niji can fix itself with enough effort, these grifters are nothing but worthless, unlike Niji which once upon a time contributed to the development of vtuber culture and tech, this leech has never done anything useful in his short existence.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I honestly don't hate any of the Nijis or the company for that matter, I was never invested in Niji's growth or its downfall. Their current situation is of their own making and completely unrelated to me, in short, my hate is wasted on them. I just like making fun of them and specially their fans.

I hate people like flipsie because they have no allegiances, and a corpo which I do like (Holo) and am invested in can and will be targeted by this vermin once Niji's carcass dries out. Niji can fix itself with enough effort, these grifters are nothing but worthless, unlike Niji which once upon a time contributed to the development of vtuber culture and tech, this leech has never done anything useful in his short existence.
Oh I 100% agree, I think flipsie should do a flip because they're a worthless vtweeting grifter and I enjoyed Niji in the past. However I enjoy watching NijiEN suffer because EN branch deserves to burn, there's no fixing it unless they are prepared to jettison nearly half the branch.

The grifter shouldn't be celebrated though like you mentioned, they're amoral opportunistic rats.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Niji can fix itself with enough effort
I feel like this is one of those situations where effort isn't going to do anything unless they fundamentally change how they conceive of and relate to the concept of an overseas branch. Which I don't think they have the level of ability to self-reflect to pull off.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
I can't remember who he even is, I just think the tweet was funny.:pippasadl:

Top Bottom