"If you try to put pressure on kohais, people will call you otsubone-baba; Yes I've experienced it, but I've decided also to become a good otsubone-baba when it happens!"Houshou Marine

Nijisanji L Collection

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Now that makes way more sense. Is it worth it to make a twitter so I can stop being so behind on news, I wonder...
I have a Twitter account, and I would recommend it:
1) if you want to keep on top of niche news (say, vtubing)
2) you just want to see what your oshis are liking, posting and sharing, you want support them by liking their posts, or you want to see the content in their various tags
3) If you want to share stuff like memes or art for your oshi to like or repost

Also good if you want news quickly, or you prefer to curate your own sources of news, but that's a separate topic.

If you want to follow vtuber news, I would recommend you create "lists" for yourself, to get curated feeds on a subject. Takes a few minutes to set up. I set up a "list" called vtubers, and it gives me posts from various vtuber talents and vtuber-themed accounts that I follow, while I can still follow other accounts that aren't vtubers and get information on them on other "Lists".

Another useful tab is "For You" - it will just give you a grab-bag of random, popular shit based on your spheres of interest, as well as posts you might have missed made in the last day, with an emphasis on stuff posted more recently and stuff you're more likely to interact with.

Lastly, lists won't give you replies or reposts that talents have made. The general "Following" Tab will show these, but your best bet to see these is to go to the talent's twitter page for that and go to "Replies" to see all their various replies, likes and shared posts.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
You could do all of that, or you could just get your vtuber Twitter news from The Virtual Asylum and not have to have any social media accounts.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You could do all of that, or you could just get your vtuber Twitter news from The Virtual Asylum and not have to have any social media accounts.
Imagine missing quality content by your oshi because you refuse to make a Twitter account.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Imagine missing quality content by your oshi because you refuse to make a Twitter account.
I can't read Japanese anyway. If I want to stare at incomprehensible moonrunes I can do that without Twitter.

Punished Lurker

E: I'm a bit suprised she's not talking about millie or enna. I've thought they were close
I think that's the part that surprises me the most, the girls talked about giving her a friend code for AR live and both Matara and Millie did a *wink wink* tweet about being trapped in an elevator together a couple of months ago. There is a part of the talk where Matara was like "you are going to be busy, I'm going to be busy" implying that work could be what's keeping them out of contact, but who knows at this point
As a fairly big Nina fan who has been pretty filtered by her Matara content, this kind of stings even though she's completely right. Like, being mature about how her content has changed is great and that maturity is part of what I like about her. But that little kernel of parasocial attachment in the back of my brain makes this a very bittersweet thing to hear. I'm glad she's happy but something about her knowing that the old fans are being filtered out by Twitch and V-shojo stuff and not being particularly bothered by it is... man. Like, I've had conversations IN THIS THREAD about how old fans are disappearing from her chat (I think with you, actually @Punished Lurker).

Fuck. I hate Niji, why did they have to introduce me to a bunch of people I actually kind of liked and then ruin everything:depressedtako:
I think we did talk about it, but I don't remember very well. I can imagine how it hurts to hear that but at least she acknowledges that this could happen and says there's no hard feelings, besides she's not saying she wants to kick out the old fans, only that naturally old viewers will stop watching her and move on to other things.

That last part of your post though, I think that's the saddest part of all this mess. A year ago Niji had a really good thing going but all throught the year their constant fuck ups slowly eroded the trust not only in the company but the talents too, to the point we are now talking about "who's friend with who" and "who dislikes who", and that sucks because the bond that the talents had were so good, and Niji fucked not only themselves as a company but those relationships too. I don't give a shit if Niji as a company has problems, but watching the talents just drift apart from each other... it sucks :depressedtako:
Now that makes way more sense. Is it worth it to make a twitter so I can stop being so behind on news, I wonder...
If you don't want to make a twitter account search for a Nitter instance that still works, some of them should still be active

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I think that's the part that surprises me the most, the girls talked about giving her a friend code for AR live and both Matara and Millie did a *wink wink* tweet about being trapped in an elevator together a couple of months ago. There is a part of the talk where Matara was like "you are going to be busy, I'm going to be busy" implying that work could be what's keeping them out of contact, but who knows at this point

I think we did talk about it, but I don't remember very well. I can imagine how it hurts to hear that but at least she acknowledges that this could happen and says there's no hard feelings, besides she's not saying she wants to kick out the old fans, only that naturally old viewers will stop watching her and move on to other things.

That last part of your post though, I think that's the saddest part of all this mess. A year ago Niji had a really good thing going but all throught the year their constant fuck ups slowly eroded the trust not only in the company but the talents too, to the point we are now talking about "who's friend with who" and "who dislikes who", and that sucks because the bond that the talents had were so good, and Niji fucked not only themselves as a company but those relationships too. I don't give a shit if Niji as a company has problems, but watching the talents just drift apart from each other... it sucks :depressedtako:

If you don't want to make a twitter account search for a Nitter instance that still works, some of them should still be active
I Think Matara is avoiding talking about Millie because she doesnt wanna get labeled as a part of the clique

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Matara talking about probably gaining more new fans than old makes alot ot sense and shows how more mature she is
She is deeply aware that VSJ and Niji have much more different dynamics and she accepts that its ok that she wont be able to balance or appease parts of her old channel if she wants to keep growing, because there simply was no way to keep going forward while still appeasing some Nina fans, the dynamic changed even if her personality didnt
Compared to how Kuro kept flip flopping with shipping and IRL streams, or many being dissapointed with Henya's reactshit, acknowledging its a major change and how sadly she wont be able to keep everyone happy while still wishing them well is mature imo

Ill keep this in mind and see how Nina and Kuro are still going in like 6 months from now, i doubt kuro will be stable while i hope Nina reaches a stride again

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have a Twitter account, and I would recommend it:
1) if you want to keep on top of niche news (say, vtubing)
2) you just want to see what your oshis are liking, posting and sharing, you want support them by liking their posts, or you want to see the content in their various tags
3) If you want to share stuff like memes or art for your oshi to like or repost

Also good if you want news quickly, or you prefer to curate your own sources of news, but that's a separate topic.

If you want to follow vtuber news, I would recommend you create "lists" for yourself, to get curated feeds on a subject. Takes a few minutes to set up. I set up a "list" called vtubers, and it gives me posts from various vtuber talents and vtuber-themed accounts that I follow, while I can still follow other accounts that aren't vtubers and get information on them on other "Lists".

Another useful tab is "For You" - it will just give you a grab-bag of random, popular shit based on your spheres of interest, as well as posts you might have missed made in the last day, with an emphasis on stuff posted more recently and stuff you're more likely to interact with.

Lastly, lists won't give you replies or reposts that talents have made. The general "Following" Tab will show these, but your best bet to see these is to go to the talent's twitter page for that and go to "Replies" to see all their various replies, likes and shared posts.
4) If you want to see retarded indies doing retarded things and getting into slapfights over nothing
5) If you want to laugh at grifters having the worst takes ever about the industry or trying to farm internet points

Limkin

Avoiding talking about them is not going to help when they were going to stripbars when she was already out of the company together. Unless she actively learnt something about them at a later date and changed her mind on them. I am dreading the thought of Rosemi being in vshojo though, Dizzy getting herself a gf to groom is much better prospect
And twitter is only worth it to look at anime boobs and butts

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
. I am dreading the thought of Rosemi being in vshojo though, Dizzy getting herself a gf to groom is much better prospect
And twitter is only worth it to look at anime boobs and butts
If anything Rosemi going to VSJ could make the dizzy collab possible too

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

SoundWave Superior

Guess the stress of dropping to a barely above 3 view streamer is getting to him, vox suffering from heart issues likely panic attacks if i was to guess

OG post

1715367587749.jpeg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I can't read Japanese anyway. If I want to stare at incomprehensible moonrunes I can do that without Twitter.
Google translate is integrated with Twitter.
1715367915055.png

Bronze

God's Strongest Dragoon

Guess the stress of dropping to a barely above 3 view streamer is getting to him, vox suffering from heart issues likely panic attacks if i was to guess

OG post

>I'm having heart pains
>still want to play a high intensity game like Helldivers

Yeah, that's sympathy begging, the guy's a known numberfag.

Stunned But Dumb

Thinking about the time Vox ended a stream because the initial ccv wasn't as high as he wanted, so he started a new stream.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

God's Strongest Dragoon

So now that April 30th has passed and Q4 is over, we're now 10 days into May:
>Elira has only done 3 streams this month
>Rosemi has only 4 streams (4th is today) and 1 member's watchalong
>Petra only has 5 streams
>Enna is going on a 1 week break due to "physical and mental health" after only 4 streams in 10 days
>Luca is down to 5 streams as well
>Vox is down to 2 streams this month because of "heart issues"
>Fulgur has been MIA since April 22nd
>Aster down to 5 streams
>Ren Zotto down to 4 streams
>Kotoka has been missing for months
>Ver is down to 3 streams
>Kunai has only 2 streams
>Claude is talking about being "overworked" when he only did 4 streams (4th stream is today)

Holy fuck, they really just decided to coast after Q4 was done.

Bug Eater

Holy fuck, they really just decided to coast after Q4 was done.
I can't blame them, even if they are guzzling down the kool-aid they must know deep down that all of the hard work they had to put in was just to appease investors and not out of any real desire to fix the branch.
Also I can't believe that Vox evolved "tummy hort" into "heart hort", sasuga :mitothink:

Apparently the full Luxiem Helldivers collab wasn't so hot? Shu had the highest ccv of them all, which is nuts since... you know... Vox and Luca. Real life calls else I'd check more on this.
They barely held on to 4 view status but to be fair they were streaming outside of SEA hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom