"Autists Together Strong"Trexie Saurus

The Music Thread

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
had a good time of listening to new takayan tracks and classics for the few days

tragic amphibian

Enjoy some Sigh, they're OG Japanese black metal going back to the days before a few of the guys in Mayhem were put in graves. They continue to rip and not enough folks in the west know about them to play them at volumes high enough to threaten property values.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Enjoy some Sigh, they're OG Japanese black metal going back to the days before a few of the guys in Mayhem were put in graves. They continue to rip and not enough folks in the west know about them to play them at volumes high enough to threaten property values.

Great band. One of the few to release an album on Euronymous' label , Deathlike Silence, back in the day, though it released after his death. They've shifted their musical style a little bit over the years, but they still make some good music.

From their first album:

My favorite song from them:

Another great Japanese black metal band from around that time is Sabbat:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Holy shit how have I never shilled Celldweller in here?!

For those who don't know him by name, you've heard him, guaranteed. The number of movies, video games, TV shows, etc. that have licensed his music goes on forever. Dude is omnipresent. He's also arguably one of the best music composers alive today. His music is a mix of nu metal, industrial, orchestral, drum-and-bass, dubstep, you name it. If the man can make it with a computer and a music studio, he'll fuckin' do it.

Early in his career, his sound was pretty simple. Electronic nu metal. Here's one of his more famous tracks from early on. Chances are you've heard it somewhere.

But even if you just couldn't fuck with nu metal it doesn't matter. Celldweller's just that good. As he began evolving and expanding his sound, trying to define his music with one genre became a fool's errand. Wish Upon A Blackstar is still one of my favorite albums of all time for just how varied it is, the interesting composition of every song, and just how much it fucking slaps.

You can hear the impeccable attention to detail in the production and composition of his later work. Not a simplistic, copy and paste loop to be found. Sounds and instruments hitting at just the right moment. And his music only continues to evolve.

Celldweller is just one musical project by the artist Klayton. While Celldweller is the electro-metal portion of his work, he does other styles of music under other aliases. But I'm not gonna turn this into a full-blown article going over those. Look up Scandroid, or Circle of Dust, if you want more of Klayton's impeccable artistry with some other sounds.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Holy shit how have I never shilled Celldweller in here?!
For those who don't know him by name, you've heard him, guaranteed. The number of movies, video games, TV shows, etc. that have licensed his music goes on forever. Dude is omnipresent. He's also arguably one of the best music composers alive today. His music is a mix of nu metal, industrial, orchestral, drum-and-bass, dubstep, you name it. If the man can make it with a computer and a music studio, he'll fuckin' do it.
Early in his career, his sound was pretty simple. Electronic nu metal. Here's one of his more famous tracks from early on. Chances are you've heard it somewhere.
But even if you just couldn't fuck with nu metal it doesn't matter. Celldweller's just that good. As he began evolving and expanding his sound, trying to define his music with one genre became a fool's errand. Wish Upon A Blackstar is still one of my favorite albums of all time for just how varied it is, the interesting composition of every song, and just how much it fucking slaps.
You can hear the impeccable attention to detail in the production and composition of his later work. Not a simplistic, copy and paste loop to be found. Sounds and instruments hitting at just the right moment. And his music only continues to evolve.
Celldweller is just one musical project by the artist Klayton. While Celldweller is the electro-metal portion of his work, he does other styles of music under other aliases. But I'm not gonna turn this into a full-blown article going over those. Look up Scandroid, or Circle of Dust, if you want more of Klayton's impeccable artistry with some other sounds.
switchback is probably the first one I ever listened to because of DR2.

pretty good stuff.
so it's not too empty of a post have some Fear Factory (they are probably too old to allow embeds.)

and this too I guess.

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Awoogers

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Visual Kei pioneers BUCK-TICK are streaming one of their previous concerts on YT.
“BUCK-TICK 3DAYS SUMMER NIGHT LIVE STREAMING”

3 days in a row,
August 10 through August 12, 2024
Every Night from 20:00 (JST) BUCK-TICK's precious live video will be delivered.

E: Adding Day 2 and Day 3 premiers

Last edited:

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
How had I not watched/listened to the Shinkiro MV before now, god damn the 80s animation. The SAX SOLO. It itches that portion of my brain that remembers watching things on CRT televisions and analog antennas.

I don't really keep up with the music end of v-tubing as much, but I really should change that. Holy fuck. Reminds me of the Monogatari OP that did the same 80s animation thing, though Marine/Gura's is much better:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I did a post on BT, and a post on Celldweller, explaining why they are absolute musical powerhouses.

If one of them were to ever remix a song by the other it would probably resul--

1723692751940.png

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Here's some tidbits from the Rankin/Bass Lord of the Rings movies. Drawn/animated by Topcraft (the company that would go on to become Studio Ghibli) they are the only adaptations of the LOTR franchise which actually try to adapt the musicality of Tolkien's work. Those Lemmiwinks songs in South Park? Those were parodying the music from these movies, in case you didn't know.

That forboding sting on the trumpets (a leitmotif throughout the movie, might I add) after every verse brings chills down my spine. This song is a dwarven call to war, and the lyrics proclaim hope and certain victory despite the fact that the music itself evokes dread and a sense of the unknown. Masterfully put together.

In Tolkien's work, words and verse hold power: even the most evil beings are musically inclined. In-universe, the Orcs are actually singing this song to strike fear into the hearts of Gondor's army. A bass choir, filled with glee at people's suffering.

Full disclosure: This song is really, really 70s. But it's also a happy song, sung by the peace-loving elves who are welcoming Bilbo and his party into their home...

...only to be reprised in a military march when elves go to war to claim their share of Smaug's treasure. Music theory, guys. It's so fucking good.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Awoogers

A Source Filmmaker

SFM animator and Anti-Simp

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Some songs just tell a fun story.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Last edited:

UberSoldat

For us Bionicle bros

Awoogers

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
For us Bionicle bros

Lego really fucked up with the gen 2 series then just abandoned the whole thing. R.I.P my childhood toyline.

Here's a relevant song.

Top Bottom