"It's not my fault girls are so weak"Pavolia Reine

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yes Pippa, because pure martial in 5E is unplayable, Pippa.

Yes Pippa, that's why 4E gave you abilities at the start, even for martial classes, but everyone fucking hated 4E.

RedRage

I might be biased cause I've only played in person with a group that did weekly seasons for campaigns that lasted months at a time, but level one starts are good for a basic quest and letting people flesh out and introduce their characters to one another while the DM sets the tone for that campaign and the start of the major plot.

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
"This is a medieval society, you find a port in the ground, you descend, you are in a septic tank."

Postal rrat

chinshilla
You emerge several days later smelling of shit the locals shun you

Atlas

I think her players might have just been fags

DogBone

I think those kinds of players mistake a DM's campaign for a multi-million dollar Ubisoft open world game. It's like, how autistic are you that you can't understand someone created a small sandbox with an obvious path for progression, and that you're not going to find a secret level like it's a video game? Wait. It's D&D, so the autism off the charts.

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Here's a secret to all future DM's, whatever you planned, all those rooms, no matter where the players go, they can still end up in those rooms. What people haven't seen, they don't know it was planned for them, so as soon as they hit a dungeon, you can make the dungeon what you planned before. Give them the illusion of going to a new place and you're making it up as you go along, but it's what you planned all along because it doesn't matter if they enter a dungeon in City A, City B, or Forest A, they don't know what the dungeon was meant to be until they see it.

That sewer? Oh, congrats, you found the secret dungeon, now you're happy and I use whatever dumb shit I planned anyway.

RedRage

I think those kinds of players mistake a DM's campaign for a multi-million dollar Ubisoft open world game. It's like, how autistic are you that you can't understand someone created a small sandbox with an obvious path for progression, and that you're not going to find a secret level like it's a video game? Wait. It's D&D, so the autism off the charts.
I mean you handle those players a bit like this
You emerge several days later smelling of shit the locals shun you
If someone wants to fuck around in the sewers or whatever, you go "Alright, you'll spend the next X hours looking for it" and then you let the rest of the party RP the scenario. They will realize they will not get to participate and come out on their own without feeling like you forced them too.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
I'm glad Pippa zeroed in on one of her core strengths, complaining about shit in a usually funny way.

Top Bottom