"Can I say 'happy birthday' to Phase Connect, everyone at Phase Connect, except for Sakana"Lia Rinkou's mom

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Possible solutions include:
* We have no idea how long these girls have been employed/under contract, she probably had plenty of time to set up a character.
* It's very possible that if she's playing on a company-owned account, that there's a member of staff tasked with playing on that account in the background getting her character raid-ready for this tier.
Corporate PR levels can get you max character copies and the like on fresh accounts. It's about prep-time and contacts.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
While it did feel like she was filling for time at the end, I'd say that was a B+. Neat little animation, has a cover ready to go, and has potential to be some combination of Luna and Korone. I'll be tuning in, need to see that schedule again.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Ok, now that it's over what is everyone's opinions?
Shiori's voice don't fit the model and she didn't do enough to keep a strong impression on me. It might change with time tho.

Bijou was very creative and Houseki no Kuni cover kino but she's not the type of vtuber i like to watch.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Bae: She used her budget on the video and animation and nothing else

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Wow. That MV was pretty. :sanasmile:

MV artist

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
From someone who can't STAND loli voices and have always held that opinion, I still found her enjoyable. She did a great job and seems like a fun streamer.

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
huh raid into Iroha

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Certainly interested in the other 2(3) now. First was the weaker of the two but the Loli's a gem. AHAHAHA. Not but actually she's pretty cute and the goofing off is a good selling point for her. They both have some interesting stuff going on for them. Really curious about Shiori's planned weird streams so we'll see. I have great interest in seeing how things go for a few weeks and where they are in a few months.

Bijou's voice is pretty nice in this cover too so she might be another strong contender with softer karaoke. Holo still needs another heavy catch or two though.

Alchemyth

DID I HEAR A ROCK AND STONE?
1690690612712933.png
You haven't got the stones.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Bijou's MV debut was better than Shinri's.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
Really liked rock woman. Definitely better that Shiori. And she just dropped a pretty damn good cover of Houseki no Kuni's op, ffs - I am not morally nor legally allowed to dislike her.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
They were both really good and a great start to Gen 3.

Shiori was obvious in covering her nervousness by dipping into the edgy part of her design. It made for some awkwardness but she did fine overall and more importantly, is incredibly unique. A chuuba that's not really a weeb but is deep into books like that is a very good niche to build upon.

Bijou is just a fucking memer and I loved it. She's a naturally good entertainer and vaguely reminds me of Rin in that she'll be able to turn anything into good stream content. She felt confident and her debut nerves weren't as obvious. And she's going to be streaming at a time I can actually watch :sanasmile:

VTuberBobDole

Cute song/MV. I like that her singing voice matches what she uses on stream. Always put off by those that have the cute high voice for their character, but then a low singing voice. Makes me believe that is more just her natural voice than "acting" for her character.

Koros Apogee

It was a fun debut and a nice mv cover. Can't wait and see what the remaining three Advent members debut streams have in store for us.

The Pebbles after the debut stream and mv cover:
Pebbles after stream.jpg

Edit: at least they tried...
1690692034882.png

BEEG Booba Fishing

I give it a /10

She knows exactly what kind of character she's going for and I'm all for it.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
She just farmed 211k subs and it wasn't even close. Fish man is on suicide watch.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I'm a bigger fan of Bijou's JP singing voice than her initial loli one when she started the stream (which admittedly, got way better as she started to sound more natural).

Shiori's voice is such a huge mismatch for her model but we've seen talents grow into it as they get further along. Bigger issue with her is that she sounded pretty stiff and like reading from a script several times during the debut stream. Should go away once the debut jitters/nervousness goes away and she gets more comfy in her new skin and environs.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My impressions for today:

Shiori really weirded me out at first, the combination of her mismatched voice, unconventional debut and casual manner really threw me off at first. She's definitely an acquired taste but will have a loyal and dedicated fanbase and clearly has experience. The thing that I got from her is this very chill vibe and she seems like she's just here to do whatever she wants and ride this opportunity out, she doesn't seem overly obsessed with being an idol or catering to anyone's ideas about her, which is fine.
Final verdict: If you like her you will really like her, if you don't you will probably dislike her.

Bijou is interesting, her voice is not as annoying as I feared it was going to be and in general she struck me as a combination of Ina's tastes and calm demeanor (for now) and gura's funny antics, she's definitely the dark horse of this gen and seems ready to make the most out of this chance and get to the top, not a bad pick and will probably be popular.
Final verdict: Funny and family friendly.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I liked both talents, and I'm looking forward to their streams - hopefully tomorrow's debuts also live up to the hype, I only wish for the best with these girls

I'm also definitely looking forward to Bijou's FFXIV streams, if she needs someone to fill a seat during Real Raid Hours that actually knows what they're doing, I'll be at the ready

I can fix Shiori

Top Bottom