"Does anyone else punch their bladder area to see if they need to pee or is it just me"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topo Chico

Tenma lurkin pre-stream
1684266123010.png
Another phase connect shopping stream today :architect:we're feedin good today boys
Lumi live T-18 minutes

Disappointment

I have a question semi-related to vtubers. Do you guys actually 'watch' vtuber streams, as in staring at the screen the whole time?

Personally, I can't be asked to sit down and just watch the stream without doing anything else. I like to play games while listening, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a game that's really good for spending countless hours on while listening to something else.

If you guys play games while watching streams, what do you play? Help your bro out.
I watch my 2view and a couple others live. I can't always watch their entire streams, but I'm watching while working, playing an mmo, etc. Larger streamers aren't usually my sole focus when watching them. 2views are. Otherwise clips and stream recaps are my bread and butter. Hell most real streamers I can only do clips because so many have become "react to video" streams and not actual games or creative stuff.

I'm an mmo junkie and minecraft/boomer gamer. I've had various forms of stuff on while I game over the decades. For a time it was all AH/LP and other gamer streams. Now it's clips of vtubers, card openings, movie reviews. Having that anime girl talking really helps break up the monotony of grinding fates for my ARR relics in XIV.

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
I remember this. The gaylord immediately deleted their tweet after Kson's response. Also just found this when looking through their twitter.

>First Nijisanji liver to solo debut
>Record holder for fastest vtuber to reach 1 million subs in just under 14 days, crushing Gura's record of 39 days
>Goes on to be most subbed in Nijisanji at 1.70 million, with second place at 1.52 million for Kuzuha and 1.31 million for Vox
>Forces Nijisanji to make specific merch instead of copy & paste merch for like everyone else
>Manages to do all this without the OP loli buff
What the fuck, desuwa.
I'm still convinced they view botted her. The circumstances are just odd random solo debut just as Niji puts stock on the market? Incredibly suspicious

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I'm still convinced they view botted her. The circumstances are just odd random solo debut just as Niji puts stock on the market? Incredibly suspicious
Depending on the current state of YT's Algo, you can basically summon View Bots, if you have insight into what they'll respond to. So there are ways to attract view bots without directly doing it. Mind you, it's pretty likely they did something at the start. The numbers were a little too much. But, it was likely not heavy botting. Just enough to get the Algo really going on a fresh account.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I have a question semi-related to vtubers. Do you guys actually 'watch' vtuber streams, as in staring at the screen the whole time?

Personally, I can't be asked to sit down and just watch the stream without doing anything else. I like to play games while listening, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a game that's really good for spending countless hours on while listening to something else.

If you guys play games while watching streams, what do you play? Help your bro out.
I have 2 browser windows open, with one on holodex and the other window on some other sites. I use windows key + left/right arrow keys to place the 2 windows side by side. Usually I just focus on the other browser window and listen to streams. Same with games, I'd set the game in windowed mode and move it next to the browser window so that I can watch streams while playing games most of the times I'd focus on the game that I'm playing.

I have been playing a mmo called Vindictus. The game is really fun but fuck Nexon for ruining it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I have been playing a mmo called Vindictus. The game is really fun but fuck Nexon for ruining it.
Man, friend and I tried getting back into it like a year or so ago, and they made the early game so easy and boring that we basically gave up at level 30-ish because we were just autopiloting through the whole thing. And we were spending more time looking through menus and the lobby than actually fighting shit.

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

I'm mostly a vod watcher and even then it's almost exclusively IRyS.
If it's a pure zatsudan stream or something that doesn't involve any activity on the screen then I usually just have it on the background and do other things, if it's a game or anything similar then I just casually level mining on RS while watching

Both at x2 of course to make my oshi proud

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I liked it a lot when Ami, having just witnessed the tragic death of one of the side characters in the game, thought it would be a capital idea to take her freshly deceased, non-rigor mortis corpse and use it to distract a hungry alien monster. It didn't work.

Anyway, Ami art tax:

What she drawing?
ami_buckosketch.png
Sauce

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I farm rare consumables in Elden Ring. I use them later for item crafting. I've killed that one Snow Troll thousands of times to get precious "leaf." (Only when I have two monitors available though, since I mostly watch Japanese vTubers. Even without subtitles.)

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Recently Kson said that they don't keep all the merch revenue

View attachment 25544
Well shit. I was going on by the shit she said back when she joined them. Its been about a year so maybe things changed or maybe she lied back then.

Not sure if whatever the fuck this thing is is on anyone's radar.

200 views and about 150 come from this website.

Pippa: Chat, I wouldn't feel easy travelling to other countries, I wouldn't feel safe. Other places scare me, I'd rather go and settle in Texas. That's where it's at, chat.
Meanwhile in texas:
I never understood her mentality.

"What if Im somewhere else and war breaks out". Bruh, what if shes at her house and war breaks out and the Mexicans invade texas? Same shit.

I usually pay attention to the whole stream. Only when I raid on wednesdays taht i have Pippa on the background and sometimes Im paying more attention to the stream than the game itself. I need to be ready to write down the timestamps for clips n shit. I can only watch 1 stream at a time too (i fail at multitasking)

Clip tax

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
So I guess these were the Adds for Shiina's donathon. Never saw one but a lot of comments came up in chat saying they came from the adds. Pretty cute adds I think.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Apparently the drama surrounding Kometa hasn't stopped yet even after the last statement because Elaine felt the need to Tweet and even do a voice message just to tell people to calm down.

Archive

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I never understood her mentality.
I had the experience of talking to borderline retarded or autistic american girl once, she was in middle school I think and they really indoctrinate really hard how their country is THE number one place to live and everywhere else is a cesspool of crime and debauchery. I live in a shithole but hearing her talk how amazed she was seeing that we have walmarts and costos just made me think nah this is just this one retarded girl but then the more I hear the average american talk about other countries really cemented the idea that all americans are retarded by default.

God's Strongest Dragoon

There's very few stream types that I'll pay attention to the whole team as gameplay is mostly a meme for a lot of vtubers. It's entirely on the game itself and very rarely the streamer. Most of the vtubers that I love to watch inevitably become "second monitor occupier" unless I'm participating in their chat or talking about them here (any of the phase girls). Meanwhile games I'm autistic about like Hitman or X-com will generally garner my full attention because I enjoy watching their thought process and reactions to the game. The other exception is typically collabs like Mario Party, Overcooked, Monopoly, UNO, or Phasmo/Demonologist. The last few examples are mainly because it isn't so much the gameplay but more the context that viewing provides to the stream and the reactions. Hearing Calli complain about not getting the last red space she needs for a monopoly isn't nearly as entertaining as watching her miss it 10 times by being only like 1-2 spaces off each time.

Ironically some of the games that I'll pay full attention are story-based but if I could only catch the VOD, I usually skip to key moments to see their response to it. A good example of this is a A Way Out. I'll watch a live stream of two playing it but if I only catch the VOD, I'll likely skip around and avoid the lull.

I use to watch a lot of youtube content, not just vtubers, while farming in WoW Classic but I stopped playing it. "Menus disguised as games" are a solid choice, like any of the Paradox games or city building like Cities: Skyline or Tropico, as they all have a pause button. Turn-based games like X-com or Pokemon are pretty great too because I can just look away to my second monitor when something important happens on stream without worrying about the game.

Looks like Panko is trying that "mention Gura" meta

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Who is this fucking WHORE and why is she in my Lia stream?

Untitled.png

Topo Chico

Stunned But Dumb

Most people have answered already, but I either play training mode in a fighter or play a simple platformer with streams in the background. Something I don't have to worry about so I can stop the game if something interesting is happening on stream. Also I do chores with streams too. It's very rare that'll I'll just sit and watch the anime girl bounce around while failing to do a double jump or something

kestraline

Early Adopter
Now THIS is what you call a handcam stream. Take that, Shiina.
1684278999629.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom