"marshmallow was a mistake"Aviel Basin

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
7k1dw4.jpg
One last one for April, since it's still gonna be the 30th somewhere when that happens.

this shit

fuck it

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Question for you guys, who, if anyone, do you watch from Illuna or Xsoleil? Personlly, I only ever watch Maria, and I also like Kotoka and Doppio. What blunders do you think these two waves made that tanked their viewership, and can you see them gaining momentum in the future?
I watched Zaion a few times but we all know how that turned out. As for Xsoleil, I watched Kotoka a few times at the start but I haven't watched anymore. With more and more Vtubers popping up I have basically stopped watching a bunch of people I used to watch before.

For the most part the ones I watch consistently is Pippa and I was watching RIifu a bunch because she had a good timeslot. Also watching Kirsche and Sleepy.

:holohag:

:hololove:

I have been thinking about this for a while. We all love hags here. How come Koyori doesn't get some HAGLOVE? She's 34, surely that's old enough to qualify in the JP vtuber sphere. She also streamed more than full-time hours last year. For the more autistic among us, here's a gun, you guys like those, right?

HAG COYOTE LOVE
Honestly its mainly due to the language barrier. For the most part, Hags get mentioned whenever there is a big collab, event or a good clip pops up.

But think of the opportunities.

Genshin Impact collabs. Yuan. Mandarin learning streams. Yuan. Kson Deep Dive: Why she's literally worse than Hitler. Yuan. Drawing Chairman Xi. Yuan. Tencent games catalogue! Yuan. Deep Dive: Covid. American Conspiracy or Failure of Capitalism? And did I mention Yuan?
At a minimum, CK3 is something she enjoyed offline. I think she held back from showing her full powerlevel after debut and only started to really show off her autistic taste in recent months.

Nina is just as autistic as Vesper, but has less dead air (Vesper can have minutes-long silent phases in game streams) and a biting, oftentimes selfdeprecating sense of humour where Vesper leans hard into memberberries.

What I'm saying is, Nina is the better Vesper.
Maybe, who knows.

This is still really sad, especially because of the mass deletion of content. It's like she's hitting restart
But regardless, we'll wait for her. UTO IS CUTO 💙💙💙💙 LOVE UTO💙💙💙💙
I mostly stopped watching her after she went MIA that first time (possibly due to contract issues). Only two times I saw her after that was when she dropped the Christmas Cover (which is really good especially given that she doesnt speak english) and her collabs with RPR and Selen.

EDIT: Forgot to post before going to bed.

Voice is worse than Luna imho.

E: Also ESL
"I can probably beat native chinese speakers" ... either keyfabe and really not chink oder misdirection
View attachment 22736
Woke up late. Need to go back now.

A market that needs to be carpet bombed.

Didn't she say it was her primary language? Probably stupidly racedoxxed herself right off, as if it wouldn't be difficult to know she was chinese by the fact she speaks the language. Who learns chinese for funsies?
Its a market I dont care for but it does seem to have a bunch of hardcore fans. I wont hate on it.

China IS still the #1 Vtuber market.
Acting like it isn't is just playing dumb
True. If she shills to them she can probably do well. Main issue is that its one of the more volatile markets. Say 1 wrong thing and the butthurt will cause them to turn on her in an instant.

Lion girl is really cute. I thought she would have a deeper more mature voice.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
There's very few things that can turn me off watching a VTuber, but this style of voice is one of them. It's also why I have a hard time with Remi.
Yeah I love Remi but I have like a daily tolerance for her voice that often won't last an entire stream. And if I need to blast the stream on speakers....... yeah it's not gonna work.
Edit:

:vespernosebleed::vespernice:

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Finally, on topic of:

:holohag:

:hololove:

I have been thinking about this for a while. We all love hags here. How come Koyori doesn't get some HAGLOVE? She's 34, surely that's old enough to qualify in the JP vtuber sphere. She also streamed more than full-time hours last year. For the more autistic among us, here's a gun, you guys like those, right?
Anyway, she's playing DK Island 2, because she finishes games she starts, even if she's garbage at them.

HAG COYOTE LOVE

I think Tatsunoko said it with Watame but while Koyori's a hag, calling her one feels a bit weird? Maybe it's her voice or her vibes or something I dunno. That being said:holohag::hololove: still applies. She actually finishes games while taking the time to improve at them. Even though she's slowed down from last year, her streaming time is still very high with frequent multi-stream days and long hours. Not to mention how outgoing and willing to set up collabs/projects she is. Hag coyote very good.

Speaking of projects, she's doing a 24-hour stream for Golden Week. She planned and prepared everything on her own and won't be going to the Holo studio for any of it. There's a ton of collabs including an EN one. MIko and Korone didn't do theirs this year so I think I'll be tuning in a fair bit.
Fut1vSnagAA1x0e.jpg
9861367964.jpg
FvG6KfVacAAtoGF.jpg
All times JST
5/3

18:00 - KonKoyo24 Opening

18:30 - Offcollab Ranking Survey stream with OkaKoro

20:00 - Interview with Subaru, Mio and Miko (Gonna talk about past projects like the Sports Festivals and maybe this year's festival)

21:00 - Mirishira Hololive with Ayame (Asking people who have no idea what vtubers are about their impressions of Holos based only on looks. She asked viewers to submit entries to look at on stream)

23:00 - Elementary school level quiz with Mel, Shion, Towa, Pekora and Nene

00:30 - HoloX Real Talk. Taking submissions from viewers about who's the best at various things

1:30 - Late night call-in stream. If no one calls in, she'll just eat some snacks and free talk.

3:00 - Duet Karaoke with Holos (Pre-recorded singalongs like what Ollie and Rio did)

5:00 - HoloEN Collab with Gura, Ina, Kronii and Mumei

7:00 - End of the first half

5/4

7:30 - Start of second half

8:00 - AsaMio x AsaKoyo Special. Calling other members with Mio to see who will wake up in the morning (Mio does this every GW)

9:30 - ??? (TBA)

10:30 - Koyori's Kitchen (Lunch cooking stream)

12:00 - Discord Shocking, starting with Haneru Inaba from 774's Animare. Basically a call-in stream but with surprising guests. Will all be from outside Hololive.

13:30 - Werewolf/Mafia game with Botan, Marine, Kanata, Noel and Luna

15:00 - Pon Awards with Roboco, Fubuki and Lamy. Taking Holo clips from viewer submissions and ranking how pon they are.

16:30 - Matching Answers Quiz game. A collab where all members take a quiz and the goal is to have matching answers across the board. It'll be a StarAnimal collab (Koyori, Subaru, Suisei, Sora, Polka and Chloe, the group from last year's GW that covered Kaibutsu)

17:30 - KonKoyo24 Ending

18:00 - ??? (TBA)

Last edited:

Airless

Active lurker

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Koyori is a hag, but doesn't seem to dress as one

321321.png

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Original stream is a couple days old, so may not be anything too new, but the translated clip of Flare showing off a few new things dropped today. Was nice to understand what she was talking about with some of these new things. I've watched her clips here and there for a while, but I've started enjoying her stuff more this last month or two. I'm a sucker for someone with a good laugh, and she definitely has one of the better laughs in Holo.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Snowtiger seems nice, would fill a nice mid-day time slot I currently don't have much to fill.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Onto the next one. Tigergirl

Like her voice. Kinda quirky.

shits more effortful than i thought

Winner of most irrational wiggly ears goes to byakko. (actually most stuff on her really wiggles ASIDE from booba!)
Can't place her accent though.
View attachment 22747

View attachment 22751
View attachment 22756

Erika "Not a Grandma" Byakko wins the hight contest with her genmates...which was not really hard. (at least no one put freedom units :smugpipi:
Also ESL but Norwegian. Thats new. her fucking blackbar shit is annoying for screenshots
View attachment 22748

The tiger is a cat lady
caramel fudge eating is apparently a daily occurence
No clue if she is as prickly as her favourite plant cacti
She CAN drive. At least she could 3 years ago when she last drove.
Personally i can relate to the laundry folding.
Only drinks h2o
View attachment 22749

Only chicken and rice. Can relate. Throw everything in a good rice cooker an its super easy. (with spices and stuff)
Erika "Not a Grandma" actively uses wall calendar for dates and crossing out days.
She doesn't curse.....wait for chat to poke her to infinity for cursing.

View attachment 22750

"I watched close to 300 anime"
"I read 500-600 manga/webtoons" The comic apparently got her into manga.
View attachment 22752

View attachment 22753

Celtic. Thats nice. (She somehow mostly has my taste in music...huh)
Enna enjoyer. "I watch so many and have so many vtubers. if i have to choose my number one favourite it is enna alouette"
A Vtuber slide would have about 40 vtubers.
View attachment 22754

She played the first Ratchet&Clank and Tekken3 which got her into gaming as she was very small.
Wants to play Tekken 8 (and koe got a boner in this moment, and lost it on "lilly player" and got it back on others :smugpipi: )
View attachment 22755

Nice. As passionate gamer she will hold a gaming talkshow.
View attachment 22757

Fan representation
View attachment 22758

View attachment 22760

As expected from a Norwegian.
View attachment 22761

View attachment 22762

I really this design and the fact that she isn't just "mommy" but I probably won't watch her.

SaejimaHaruka

She didn't specify. Giver her a watch, she might be up your alley.

There's very few things that can turn me off watching a VTuber, but this style of voice is one of them. It's also why I have a hard time with Remi.
I don't know about you, but at least I can understand Wemi's English. I have to use all my available brain capacity to make out the words this chick's saying.

Onto the next one. Tigergirl

Like her voice. Kinda quirky.

shits more effortful than i thought

Winner of most irrational wiggly ears goes to byakko. (actually most stuff on her really wiggles ASIDE from booba!)
Can't place her accent though.
View attachment 22747

View attachment 22751
View attachment 22756

Erika "Not a Grandma" Byakko wins the hight contest with her genmates...which was not really hard. (at least no one put freedom units :smugpipi:
Also ESL but Norwegian. Thats new. her fucking blackbar shit is annoying for screenshots
View attachment 22748

The tiger is a cat lady
caramel fudge eating is apparently a daily occurence
No clue if she is as prickly as her favourite plant cacti
She CAN drive. At least she could 3 years ago when she last drove.
Personally i can relate to the laundry folding.
Only drinks h2o
View attachment 22749

Only chicken and rice. Can relate. Throw everything in a good rice cooker an its super easy. (with spices and stuff)
Erika "Not a Grandma" actively uses wall calendar for dates and crossing out days.
She doesn't curse.....wait for chat to poke her to infinity for cursing.

View attachment 22750

"I watched close to 300 anime"
"I read 500-600 manga/webtoons" The comic apparently got her into manga.
View attachment 22752

View attachment 22753

Celtic. Thats nice. (She somehow mostly has my taste in music...huh)
Enna enjoyer. "I watch so many and have so many vtubers. if i have to choose my number one favourite it is enna alouette"
A Vtuber slide would have about 40 vtubers.
View attachment 22754

She played the first Ratchet&Clank and Tekken3 which got her into gaming as she was very small.
Wants to play Tekken 8 (and koe got a boner in this moment, and lost it on "lilly player" and got it back on others :smugpipi: )
View attachment 22755

Nice. As passionate gamer she will hold a gaming talkshow.
View attachment 22757

Fan representation
View attachment 22758

View attachment 22760

As expected from a Norwegian.
View attachment 22761

View attachment 22762

The tiger seems really cool and cute. Her RPG taste is kinda garbo and her acting like people who watch 3view vtubers don't know what enka is made me feel a bit MATI, but she seems nice - Airi vibes. Also, ESL that can speak English without a disgustingly thick accent is always a nice surprise.

Koyori is a hag, but doesn't seem to dress as one

View attachment 22765
I will resist the temptation to thirstpost.

Original stream is a couple days old, so may not be anything too new, but the translated clip of Flare showing off a few new things dropped today. Was nice to understand what she was talking about with some of these new things. I've watched her clips here and there for a while, but I've started enjoying her stuff more this last month or two. I'm a sucker for someone with a good laugh, and she definitely has one of the better laughs in Holo.

It's a slight change, but the bangs look absolutely amazing. Speaking of Flare, she's joining the new Dark Souls era and the thumbnail is great.

Let's hope we don't get a repeat of Holocaust and lose all these VODs again.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Speaking of the longest day, we're supposed to get Yuri's farewell video at 6PM PDT today, which is a bit over seven hours from now.

Autisticus

onto something serious
What is this?

One last one for April, since it's still gonna be the 30th somewhere when that happens.

It's a merch reveal and potentially a JK cosplay while opening Pokémon card packs leading up to the announcement, if she didn't decide to split that off into a different stream. She talked about when to do it time/date wise in her last stream. She does the white text black background scary announcement thing for these kinds of streams to tease us. The little です。in the bottom right corner kind of gives the game away even if you weren't there for her talking about it.

She should be well aware that every single Nekofami is menhera and probably freaked out anyways though (not to mention those poor souls with limited Japanese comprehension who may not have even caught the stream discussion to begin with), which maybe makes it funnier for her? She says she thinks it's cute when we worry about things like this.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Kaela back at it with community Phasmophobia

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozu is doing "NEET ASMR", whatever that means. Cute thumbnail tho :sanasmile:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Zo is being ramping up the model showcases in prep for her official debut this Sat

The tiger seems really cool and cute. Her RPG taste is kinda garbo and her acting like people who watch 3view vtubers don't know what enka is made me feel a bit MATI, but she seems nice - Airi vibes. Also, ESL that can speak English without a disgustingly thick accent is always a nice surprise.
I'm a 3 view listener and I just had to Google enka from this post mainly because I'm not musically informed and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom