"'Instead of my savings I want love' waah it can't be helped then you guys, you're so needy, 'kiss kiss kiss', you need love, you need warmth, I swear you guys, hmmmMMM! lion SMOOCH noise"Shishiro Botan

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Going to need some analysis from the local Kronii autists. Is this an omen? If so, what for?

@Harrow @BlueSharkTV
She was obviously trying to make VT seethe. :pippasquish:

More serious answer she is probably shilling karen, i won't be surprised if she did a voice on a game with dott at some point.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
She was obviously trying to make VT seethe. :pippasquish:

More serious answer she is probably shilling karen, i won't be surprised if she did a voice on a game with dott at some point.
Lordy I want to make the joke. I really do.

but voicing my videos has actually proved to amount to some degree of voice acting skill. Not much I think, but it's there. I'm probably better than Karen.
That is all.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Ok im just an ESL cunt but I can't be the only one who hears how fake most of her acting is, right? I don't know what is it with this dub type voice acting that sounds so fake, is it a style or what? Most videogame voice actors do dubs too and it's fucking day and night when you compare them acting in a videogame and an anime.
I won't shit completely on karen, she has talent and a couple of samples at the end sound legitimaly good to pass I just don't understand if that type of "acting" is a norm for you english speakers.
VAs going from good in video games to bad in anime may be related to the fact that the voice directors at the English anime dubbing companies are the same mediocre VAs who got into anime dubbing decades ago and now control the directing and casting at the handful of anime dubbing companies in the US.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

now wtf is this?

I love this dork
Screenshot - 2023-04-23T002914.993.png

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
VAs going from good in video games to bad in anime may be related to the fact that the voice directors at the English anime dubbing companies are the same mediocre VAs who got into anime dubbing decades ago and now control the directing and casting at the handful of anime dubbing companies in the US.
Yeah, my understanding is that US dubbing is often directed ass-backwards, with individual actors silo'd and just reading off of the script without a sense of the conversation or the director telling them what to go for.

kukkia

Early Adopter

now wtf is this?

Basically her just doing a play on the whole "slow vertical reveal" type new outfit streams, but without a new outfit. Aia's strength is just zatsudan so I guess it's more or less just a zatsudan with a framing device.

Ok im just an ESL cunt but I can't be the only one who hears how fake most of her acting is, right? I don't know what is it with this dub type voice acting that sounds so fake, is it a style or what? Most videogame voice actors do dubs too and it's fucking day and night when you compare them acting in a videogame and an anime.
I won't shit completely on karen, she has talent and a couple of samples at the end sound legitimaly good to pass I just don't understand if that type of "acting" is a norm for you english speakers.
You're not. She's not a good actor.
The NA anime dubbing scene is just too small, low budget, and as mentioned by @electronic elephant it's dominated by a handful of entrenched cliques. It's not like the Japanese scene, which is very competitive. Japanese companies in turn don't really care about the quality of English dubs most of the time, and a huge chunk of fans these days rely on subtitles instead, so there's not much of an incentive to improve.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
sweet jesus just how much fucking japanese autism is required to ask for game permissions, not perms themselves but to get the oriental in charge of it to add your request to the pile and have it look at by 2025.
Prease undastand. Ancient traditional honoraboo way of doing things. Also, ret me tell you about seating arrangements when conducting business meetings, or etiquette when exchanging business cardsZZZZZzzZZZZ

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I'm probably better than Karen.
The bar is not high, most people could fake a voice and do a better job than karen.
You're not. She's not a good actor.
The NA anime dubbing scene is just too small, low budget, and as mentioned by @electronic elephant it's dominated by a handful of entrenched cliques. It's not like the Japanese scene, which is very competitive. Japanese companies in turn don't really care about the quality of English dubs most of the time, and a huge chunk of fans these days rely on subtitles instead, so there's not much of an incentive to improve.
The issue with western anime VAs is either they fake the shittiest template voice and don't even try to articulate a native english like tone when talking, or they are told "your normal voice is fine to use" by the director, which ends up with all their characters sounding the same.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Yeah, my understanding is that US dubbing is often directed ass-backwards, with individual actors silo'd and just reading off of the script without a sense of the conversation or the director telling them what to go for.
Direction has far more of an impact on the quality of the final product than the actors' technical skill. Voice acting is a surprisingly sterile business where the actors themselves often have little-to-no leeway even if they themselves are more familiar with the source material than the guy in the studio telling them what to do. Even if they know for a fact the hammed-up delivery they're being asked for is distractingly unfitting for the character or scene, they're not the writer or the director; so their choices are either do what they're being told to do or lose the job. It's especially limiting in anime dubbing since the lines need to fit the pre-animated mouth flaps, so the dialogue on the script is awkwardly worded half the time to start with.

Karen's delivery in the voice reel might sound forced, but it's exactly what anime dub directors are looking for.

fortnitesmasherX

Truly a vicious cycle. Maybe more people would watch dubs if they were better produced.

Karen's delivery in the voice reel might sound forced, but it's exactly what anime dub directors are looking for.
Well, I guess she got the job. So that's one good thing.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Ok im just an ESL cunt
ah, that explains why you always sound so pissy.
The bar is not high, most people could fake a voice and do a better job than karen.

The issue with western anime VAs is either they fake the shittiest template voice and don't even try to articulate a native english like tone when talking, or they are told "your normal voice is fine to use" by the director, which ends up with all their characters sounding the same.
I don't intend on trying to be better, so the fact that I think I am is kinda telling of just how bad it is there.
But still, I do like her so I wish her the best there at least.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Reminder there's a chuuba bake off tomorrow apparently with special guest moonshine

Archive

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Fauna's twin sister is interacting with fauna.

I also noticed that fauna is following her this girl is winning big
She also debut in about 6h

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Fauna's twin sister is interacting with fauna.

I also noticed that fauna is following her this girl is winning big
She also debut in about 6h

Are we on for another Uto/Ame situation? I guess not, this girl isn't popular enough to have an army of her retards assault fauna's streams.
Latinos have a racial stat boost to cooking, so they have the edge
We don't, only your abuela who was a loyal housewife her whole life and had to rear 5 children under constant threat of poverty and starvation is, modern latina hoes aren't good for anything other than browsing instagram and making snarky remarks.

God's Strongest Dragoon

We don't, only your abuela who was a loyal housewife her whole life and had to rear 5 children under constant threat of poverty and starvation is, modern latina hoes aren't good for anything other than browsing instagram and making snarky remarks.
My experience is that modern latinas can handle basic meals, which is apparently asking a lot for women in general in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty three. So they win there but don't ask them to make any impressive meals. I'd trust a latina to keep my fed when I can't be bothered to cook but I won't let them make any dinners where we have guests. Baking skills in general are out of the question usually.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
soft spoken vampire streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom