General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
CS:GO is fun. Bettel had his screen blacked out, but his full name and address just popped up on screen when he tried to buy some cases.
Are you joking, or is this one of the biggest yabs to ever happen?

this shit

fuck it
Just from a growth perspective, I think you could do a lot worse than PC, for sure. Maybe I'm a bit of a fanboy but I see PC fans as particularly loyal and more than willing to visit streams from other streamers in the company. Being with Niji will get you more numbers out of the gate, sure, but I think getting into PC will give you a great room to grow, and you have the benefit of being one of 20 (assuming the next gen has 5 members or so) instead of one of 35 or however many NijiEN people will be around after their next gen. Then, if you factor in other things like Niji's recent scandals with clippers and streamers and that you'd have to deal with the "approved games" nonsense, PC starts to look like a very strong alternative to Niji. Of course if Niji were to call me up tomorrow and try to recruit me (this will never happen) I'd have to say yes just for my wallet's sake, but if PC were to also call and make the same offer I'd definitely pick them first.
I agree you can do worse than PC and I have other good things to say about them, they take care of the talents without a doubt and seem supporting enough for all the fun that's made of sakana and his coffe beans.
The "room to grow" argument I don't get at all tho. You start small so obviously your growth at the 6 month mark is going to look greater than a talent that starts with several tens of thousands followers before debut, if you care about those percentages. But that's assuming you are a strong vtuber.
The low ccv numbers of the bottom group of niji streamers are not the company's fault. Aia is simply a weak streamer, her content isn't that captivating and her voice itself is filtering for some. Finana is a lazy ass feesh that plays the most boring ass gacha you can think of. The problem isn't even newcomers cannibalizing old waves, Rosemi as the lowest in subs numbers from the first two gens is still stronger than Meloco and Kotoka in terms of ccv. It's about the content, and the company can't do shit if your content is boring.
And the same thing goes for Phase, Shiina success is not Sakana's making: she is just a strong vtuber, she seized the moment with Pippa's raid and kept growing. Once I was watching Nina and she raided Aia as she ended her stream, Aia just kept babbling about the game she was playing instead of interacting with the raiders or spending time explaining what was she doing: everybody left.

meme tax

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
What are they going to do, talk shit on the internet?

The only time I'm going to care what someone on the internet has to say if it they personally come and try to kill me about it.
I know. I’m just saying, have some empathy. No matter the context it can’t be good mentally to see thousands of people shitting on you. Even if it doesn’t matter when you think long-term.

I know that I personally think I wouldn’t have done what DN did, but I’ve never been in a situation where thousands were going after me. So I know that I can’t be 100% sure.
Man was guilt tripped hard

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Like Jim said, when the cancel mobs come for whatever reason, just fucking laugh at them. Doesn't matter if you're still anxious inside. But laugh at them in their retarded faces. They're not seeking to do good, they're seeking power over you. Deny them their emotional manipulation and watch how quickly they screech and huff and puff and leave.

I wish Pikamee was a Jim fan.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Are you joking, or is this one of the biggest yabs to ever happen?
The screen was covered. He said he clicked on it and Steam just popped up with all of his info right on screen.

Rin put up a new short today. In it she says she's tired of being told her job is akin to slavery. Kson BTFO.

And Remi has an...interesting setup.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

kestraline

Early Adopter

this shit

fuck it

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
get a proper url for us already you lazy bum
Wow, /pcg/ got a domain before TVA managed to get one fixed up, imagine my shock.
It will be very awkward for me to walk back into the same tattoo parlor and have them cover up my thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud chest tattoo they gave me with the new domain if/when we swap.

JMForte

Wow, /pcg/ got a domain before TVA managed to get one fixed up, imagine my shock.
I've seen an anon mention it on /pcg/ once or twice.

Anyways I will make a rrat and say this is totally connected.
capture1234.PNG123.PNG

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
And the same thing goes for Phase, Shiina success is not Sakana's making: she is just a strong vtuber, she seized the moment with Pippa's raid and kept growing. Once I was watching Nina and she raided Aia as she ended her stream, Aia just kept babbling about the game she was playing instead of interacting with the raiders or spending time explaining what was she doing: everybody left.

Okay, let's keep using Shiina as an example. Let's say Shiina were in NijiEN gen 4 or whatever gen was debuting around that time. Do you think she would have stood out there as much as she has in PC? Maybe her numbers would have been similar due to pure force of the Niji brand but to pretty much everyone who doesn't follow Niji closely she could have been just another in the flood of NijiEN members. And yes, numbers are a big thing at the end of the day, but in the long term they're not the only thing.

The screen was covered. He said he clicked on it and Steam just popped up with all of his info right on screen.

Recently I've started to prefer GOG for buying games, particularly ones I want to play on stream. The games are not so tightly integrated with the launcher that that sort of thing can happen, at least not from what I've seen. That said it'd be really nice if Steam added a "streamer mode" which would stop that sort of thing from popping up on screen without a warning prompt first.

You also need to be careful about this sort of thing if you're playing from consoles. Make a new user account on the console and set it as the one that gets logged into automatically when the console boots up (if not the only account on that console entirely), and make sure you don't go back to a screen which lists all accounts on the console while streaming.

Rin put up a new short today. In it she says she's tired of being told her job is akin to slavery. Kson BTFO.

Great vid and I agree with all of it. There are pros and cons to both sides and those who say there's no benefit to working with an agency either have never given the idea much thought or are the types who hate bosses and management no matter the industry.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
It will be very awkward for me to walk back into the same tattoo parlor and have them cover up my thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud chest tattoo they gave me with the new domain if/when we swap.
1680127460521.png

i am going to fucking HANG MYSELF

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Fauna back today with Hitman (started)

And Ame soon with Oblivion finale?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Recently I've started to prefer GOG for buying games, particularly ones I want to play on stream. The games are not so tightly integrated with the launcher that that sort of thing can happen, at least not from what I've seen. That said it'd be really nice if Steam added a "streamer mode" which would stop that sort of thing from popping up on screen without a warning prompt first.

You also need to be careful about this sort of thing if you're playing from consoles. Make a new user account on the console and set it as the one that gets logged into automatically when the console boots up (if not the only account on that console entirely), and make sure you don't go back to a screen which lists all accounts on the console while streaming.
GOG games are distributed as standalone, DRM-free executables you can download with your browser too. That was the original method of distribution and while they put their horrible Galaxy launcher in main focus, standalone executables are still there under "offline backup game installers".

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
WELCOME TO THE SALTY SPITTOON
HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!
How tough am I? I'll have you know that my kamioshi graduated almost a year ago, and since then I've only cried about it 70 times!

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
WELCOME TO THE SALTY SPITTOON
HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!
I can listen to Gura's disgusting stories without wanting to throw up

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I know Phase is a favorite of this Forum but do you seriously believe in Phase being that good???This :menhera: solos the entirety of Phase in her weakest form anyday

sxeh0gnfn4c91.png

Bitch
is like 30 and still can't speak English:menhera:at least she knows the magic word

And Remi has an...interesting setup.
:fishmandispair:I was going to make a joke about this new "work stream meta" of "what do you do what you have a bunch of college girl streamers with zero time management skills?" but then I opened Remi's stream and yeah.... that'll do just fine.
@Sankisei How can you angle thing even compete!
wemiteachesyoutomakeashort.PNG

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
How tough am I? I'll have you know that my kamioshi graduated almost a year ago, and since then I've only cried about it 70 times!
At this point even I miss her and wish I'd have watched more. Are you keeping up with her on her roommate?

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
:fishmandispair:I was going to make a joke about this new "work stream meta" of "what do you do what you have a bunch of college girl streamers with zero time management skills?" but then I opened Remi's stream and yeah.... that'll do just fine.
@Sankisei How can you angle thing even compete!
View attachment 18171
I do really like the Live2D hands that follow along with what you're doing. I noticed a lot of people using them lately. To use my new 2 view ghost girl as an example: She uses hers for art streams. Remi just went a little above and beyond haha.

Untitled.png

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom