"I AM KIND JAPANESE HUMAN"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Shouldn't it be Fall Folx?

The timing on this is so fucked up from a variety of perspectives (both current events and Pikamee's graduation) it just makes the whole lot seem like a crew of vindictive sociopaths.

Which isn't terribly surprising for Twitch VTubers. Feels like the majority of VTubers on that site are doing everything they can to validate everything bad ever said about the medium, I swear...

Keniisu

Lurker
how the fuck do random people keep finding this plaaaaaace

stop justifying my inveterate marketing laziness
Your site is one of the top hits for "VTuber Forum" and "VTuber Discussion." which is how I found my way here.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Okay, retarded chat moment, but it made me laugh because it was unexpected, especially from a member.

Kiara: "Who is girly that I should invite to the next Girls' Talk collab?"
foto_no_exif (1).png

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

Kalion

:)
how the fuck do random people keep finding this plaaaaaace

stop justifying my inveterate marketing laziness
image_2023-03-29_160248636.png
If you Google "Vtuber forum" or "vtuber message board" or anything similar, we're the second link. Trying this in a fresh browser with no account + VPN, we're the first link.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

soap suds

Speaking of Zaion: Does someone know who rigged her model? Normally the Virtual Vtuber Wiki list that info but only the early JP Niji members have riggers mentioned. Do they really make the all rigging inhouse and it leads to such a massive difference in quality? Zaion's illustrator created also Kuramochi Meruto but like the other XSoleil members she is not as expressive as Zaion was.
The livers have never listed riggers so it's assumed to be in-house. I think there were a couple of people saying that Anycolor themselves said they do the rigging in-house, but I couldn't find a statement like that so take it with a grain of salt. I have always just said they've done in-house rigging because a lot of them have similar movements and the fact that brush-ups are a thing the company gives out via lottery hints at in-house.

I have no clue why some models are better rigged though. Maybe some employees are just better at it? I'm not sure. I do think the models have improved compared to before. Noctyx were some of the worst models around but the newer ones like Iluna and Xsoleil aren't terrible.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Europoors win. Guess you guys have to use tor again.

The language is so broad it can literally apply to anything running on electricity and code that a foreign government could theoretically have interest in. TOR might not be legal under this either.
Also fuck you, FOIA doesn't apply to any decisions the Executive branch makes under this legislation because its "national security".

Limkin

"We create Live2D and 3D NIJISANJI models, and develop products for Liver fans (site creation, web and smartphone applications, in-company systems, etc.)." from their own site. And just a simple process of elimination, if they stopped giving credit to people doing rigging in the recent years, when it's the kind of job where name recognition nets you contracts and income, then it's someone who is not working as a contractor, but rather as an employee and has no say in this matter
Edit: as for why some models are rigged like shit and others don't, the pipeline between making design and turning it into live2d is complicated to say the least. it really helps when rigger and designer have direct way of contacting each other to make adjustments, or a designer has experience in doing live2d and knows how to make it in a way where it would be easy to turn into a model. People who are capable of both design and rigging are highly valuable and basically only work for the highest bidder of their time, because their product is miles ahead of others.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Admittedly, my VShojo video was not my best work.
:takocope:
Problem is that it barely brought up other issues and just regurgitated the whole "the only reason people hate vshojo is because of nux".

Nothing about veibae being a cunt that begged for a Kiara collab despite shitting all over hololive and corpos (and doubling down on it when confronted about it). Nothing about the auditions being a joke and just being used to get orbiters like Haruka in the door legitimately.

Nothing about the usual things getting brought up like pink cat, Froot, etc. Or all the other reasons why they need tard wranglers. Not to forget vshojo staying silent over the wizard game drama and not reprimanding Froot, but what do you expect from talent who support the harrassers.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Your site is one of the top hits for "VTuber Forum" and "VTuber Discussion." which is how I found my way here.
Unironically not trying to be mean, I legitimately do not know who you are and have not watched your content on YouTube, so I truly have no clue what your personality is like or what your brand is, but here's a quick word of the wise. I assume you read the rules, but just to be safe, you should know that we are very spicy and most users hold very politically incorrect views about certain groups/people/things, use bad words, and don't dance around VTuber's roommate activities (what people on Twitter call "dox") either. We splintered off from the Kiwi Farms VTuber thread, with this site originally being created as a refuge back when that site was under constant attack by everything under the sun and down for days at a time. If you don't mind this stuff, feel free to stick around, but if you don't want to risk getting heat for associating with a site like this then I suggest possibly laying a little low. I don't think I've seen anyone get attacked for being here specifically - hell, Depressed Nousagi has an account here that he posts on and I don't think I saw that fact get brought up even once when he got cancelled on Reddit and Twitter a few months back - but I doubt he's overly concerned with optics anyways. Point being, as the site grows with more eyes drawn to it, the likelihood of attacks against us increase, and known figures in the VTuber community with accounts here might end up in crossfire.

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
WELCOME TO THE SALTY SPITTOON
HOW TOUGH ARE YE?!

Takotard

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Problem is that it barely brought up other issues and just regurgitated the whole "the only reason people hate vshojo is because of nux".

Nothing about veibae being a cunt that begged for a Kiara collab despite shitting all over hololive and corpos (and doubling down on it when confronted about it). Nothing about the auditions being a joke and just being used to get orbiters like Haruka in the door legitimately.

Nothing about the usual things getting brought up like pink cat, Froot, etc. Or all the other reasons why they need tard wranglers. Not to forget vshojo staying silent over the wizard game drama and not reprimanding Froot, but what do you expect from talent who support the harrassers.
Wasn't it Kiara desperately trying to make that collab happen?

And reprimanding Froot for what she did is nuts. What KF doesn't like and what the internet mainstream disapproves of are two very different things.

I'm not terribly familiar with Pink Cat's past activities, but as far as I've been able to gather, declaring someone Hostis Humani Generis over disavowing the chans and realising that the lolifags weren't being ironic probably isn't going to generate nods of agreement, either.

Legitimate, mainstream-compatible grievances would indeed be the staying quiet about Vshojo's name being used for phishing for half a year and the meaningless auditions that made it possible in the first place.

That was indeed bullshit that people should give Vshojo shit about, and it is mainstream compatible rather than only a talking point on /vt/ and KF/VA.

Airless

Active lurker

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
What's name recognition for when you don't have anything else. The only advantage you get from Niji is that they're professionals at merch. But I don't see another Vox spawning from Niji. I think they're on the decline, and their strategy of pushing out quantity over quality has run its course and hasn't worked for a while. My point with Phase is that, in 1 year, I see becoming a phase talent being a much greater opportunity than becoming a Niji talent (Besides the fact that Phase sucks at merch, which is a significant downside revenue-wise).
And then there's growth as a talent post-debut, which is insignificant in Nijisanji, because they don't value individual talents. Whereas Phase still runs ads, and we've seen with the example of Shiina, that they're capable of growth.
I know Phase is a favorite of this Forum but do you seriously believe in Phase being that good???This :menhera: solos the entirety of Phase in her weakest form anyday

sxeh0gnfn4c91.png

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Can't imagine what you're sniffing to think that Phase offers greater growth opportunities than Niji. You lose name recognition in the biggest vtuber market and gain the name recognition that goes with a company that's reportedly blacklisted from collabs with bigger groups.

Just from a growth perspective, I think you could do a lot worse than PC, for sure. Maybe I'm a bit of a fanboy but I see PC fans as particularly loyal and more than willing to visit streams from other streamers in the company. Being with Niji will get you more numbers out of the gate, sure, but I think getting into PC will give you a great room to grow, and you have the benefit of being one of 20 (assuming the next gen has 5 members or so) instead of one of 35 or however many NijiEN people will be around after their next gen. Then, if you factor in other things like Niji's recent scandals with clippers and streamers and that you'd have to deal with the "approved games" nonsense, PC starts to look like a very strong alternative to Niji. Of course if Niji were to call me up tomorrow and try to recruit me (this will never happen) I'd have to say yes just for my wallet's sake, but if PC were to also call and make the same offer I'd definitely pick them first.

Europoors win. Guess you guys have to use tor again.

It's just a law submitted to congress first. It has to be passed there and then signed into law by the President, so there's still a decent chance this won't happen. If you don't want to see it happen, contact your senators and representatives and politely explain to them why this is a bad bill - and then vote against them if they vote for it anyway. You learned this stuff in 8th grade.

Niji probably pays a salary like Holo does while Phase has a non-zero chance of jannies being paid better than talent

Pretty sure neither Niji nor Holo pay a salary. It's confirmed that PC does, at least for their first gen, but from what Pippa said that's an exceedingly rare thing in the industry. So your thinking here is inverted.

Which isn't terribly surprising for Twitch VTubers. Feels like the majority of VTubers on that site are doing everything they can to validate everything bad ever said about the medium, I swear...

Unfair. There are some perfectly fine streamers on Twitch. Clauvio, CallieCalico, PowerNelson, AzarashiAlex, SquishyWishyBoo, MariaParadisia, nyaruchuuu, ZekkiKanis, Kirsche, RexMadman, and MurrayShinaide are all worth a follow and (save for Kirsche) never bother with obnoxious politics or horniness or other obnoxious things we see the typical Vshojo types dabble in.

Didn't Koopa also get accused of banging a fan?

I heard she slept with a whale, yes. Not sure if I believe it since that seems like the first thing a catty female streamer would accuse another streamer of doing if she got angry at her, but anything's possible I suppose.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Dunno if anybody else has noticed, but when I was searching for a /vt/ archive today (the one that isn't warosu - I don't think it's on google?), I found this:
1680123835150.png

https://pippigger.com/
Links to /pcg/.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
CS:GO is fun. Bettel had his screen blacked out, but his full name and address just popped up on screen when he tried to buy some cases.
*It was not visible on stream though*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom