"I feel like back in the day everyone on the Internet named themselves their name plus -chu. Maybe just in my corner of the Internet"Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Say whatever you want about Hakka but at least he isnt fucking Zilverk or Nimu,the later used to be respectable when she started in 2020 with a game focused content (also she cited Otogibara Era and Nijisanji as her main inspirations) in February but the fame quickly got to her head and she harassed a new vtuber starting her downfall,nowadays she still creates content and sadly (still) is one of the biggest ES vtubers but she survives alone of her friendship with other Normie ES Youtubers(also some coomers since she did a IRL stream)

I remember seeing a few of Zilverk's clips when Hana Yomeguri reacted to his shit. I dont have a single clue who the fuck finds him funny. Is it a zoomer thing? Comes off as "HES FUNNY BECAUSE HE IS LOUD" type of shit.

As for Nimu, this is the first time I see her (holy shit ,over 1M YT subscribers) and I feel like its the last time I will click on anything else from her. That said I am a bit curious as to who she is. 1M subs at 650 vids is pretty amazing. Was she an old YT Minecraft creator similar to Dream and she transitioned into Vtubing? I know nothing of the whole Minecraft community (its fucking huge). Hell even Dream I randomly heard his name when the whole face reveal thing came up and I had never even seen or heard about him.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Hmm, if she actually lives in/near Santa Clara, do we know if she or Airi has talked about either of them moving away from where they knew each other (or if there's evidence that they were in Southern California when they were friends before)? I have a nascent rrat that Airi might live in Northern California because traffic and road designs are worse there, so that could contribute to her high rate of accidents.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Hmm, if she actually lives in/near Santa Clara, do we know if she or Airi has talked about either of them moving away from where they knew each other (or if there's evidence that they were in Southern California when they were friends before)? I have a nascent rrat that Airi might live in Northern California because traffic and road designs are worse there, so that could contribute to her high rate of accidents.
They're both in SOCAL still, don't know where exactly Airi might be. Santa Clara is not effectively any more information then when Shiina said she went to a (the only?) Mummy museum.
Edi: I see what you mean about the traffic, maybe?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I remember seeing a few of Zilverk's clips when Hana Yomeguri reacted to his shit. I dont have a single clue who the fuck finds him funny. Is it a zoomer thing? Comes off as "HES FUNNY BECAUSE HE IS LOUD" type of shit.

As for Nimu, this is the first time I see her (holy shit ,over 1M YT subscribers) and I feel like its the last time I will click on anything else from her. That said I am a bit curious as to who she is. 1M subs at 650 vids is pretty amazing. Was she an old YT Minecraft creator similar to Dream and she transitioned into Vtubing? I know nothing of the whole Minecraft community (its fucking huge). Hell even Dream I randomly heard his name when the whole face reveal thing came up and I had never even seen or heard about him.
Nah she just was the only ES vtuber for a really long time. She started exploding around 2021 for reasons I never found out.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

They're both in SOCAL still, don't know where exactly Airi might be. Santa Clara is not effectively any more information then when Shiina said she went to a (the only?) Mummy museum.
Edi: I see what you mean about the traffic, maybe?
I'd bet money Airi is in the Los Angeles area, considering the talk of traffic and she's relatively close to both Uruka and Lia.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 2300-2350

Other Recap parts can be found [HERE]

Ᵽ PHC: Phase Connect
♨ FVR: FlaVR
▷ HLO: Hololive
☆ HST: Holostars
◷ NIJ: Nijisanji
₪ IDL: Idol
ⓘ INF: Highly informative

post | ▷ HLO | Calli took care of her JP kouhais

post | About Vtuber thread being the relatively normal one, despite all reasons to not be

post | ▷ HLO | Mobile Suit Gundam collab with Hololive, Ina and IRyS watchalong
post | Ina and IRyS Gundam watchalong starts. Discussion on this Gundam show starts around here

post | ▷ HLO | Hololive EN conducting a talent survey
post | Most hated printers
post | Apology for mistranslation

post | ₪ IDL | Idol Corp newsletter, about advertising

post | Depressed Nousagi with a bold prediction

post | ▷ HLO | Ame is annoyed at shipping. Discussion on general shipping follows
post | Timestamp of the members only stream
post | Image of people malding in the comments of the first Calli Rikka collab
post | ♨ FVR | FlaVR had people spamming with collab requests
post | Question - how would shippers who are also unicorns react if girls actually got romantically involved

post | ◷ NIJ | sketchek is mentioned in the video about Youtubers who faked their death
post | Another video on the subject
post | Context of sketchek actions

post | ▷ HLO | Reasons why Calli attracts so much hate
post | Black enka singer

post | ☆ HST | Professor Lando on monster girls

post | Koe and Naggz clips in a suspicious vicinity

post | Kirsche reveals new model

post | ▷ HLO | Gura members stream

post | ▷ HLO | Ina streams, recap time!
post | Highlights from the stream

Brittany Venti
post | Rekieta defends Brittany Venti, gets flack from vtuber fans. Discussion on Brittany
post | AugieRFC and NicholasDeOrio felt like kicking the nest with loli pedo takes
post | AugieRFC often bait posts, but his loli hate is real
post | Recent video of Venti was on Gura again
post | Throughout all this discussion there is an ongoing Nolan talk

post | Discussion on why there is no Hololive gacha game

Capcom permissions, Resident Evil 4 Remake
post | ▷ HLO | About Capcom permissions. Also Calli once sent a fan email to Vic Mignogna and got a reply
post | Capcom guidelines on Resident Evil 4 Remake streams. Discussion on Capcom, RE4 and perms all around
post | Koyori was covering puzzle solutions
post | Calli was covering them too
post | ☆ HST | About sponsored streams - Holostars got them
post | Permissions rules are stupid

post | Ᵽ PHC | Phase Connect works with CyberSakura for giveaway stuff

post | Kson to Pikamee "You should cancel your graduation"

post | Ᵽ PHC | notRie's character designs look a lot like Rie

post | Discussion on Granblue Fantasy, gets into Genshin

post | EIEN Riifu flicks the bean on ASMR mic

post | ₪ IDL | Rin is near the 100K subs
post | Ᵽ PHC | Tenma on YouTube Shorts. Again on Shorts, numbers all over the shop
post | Ad income is a thing

post | ▷ HLO | Cover only made a smaller portion of their company public

post | phc Archive - Remilia Nephys - HAPPY 25K UNARCHIVED KARAOKE!!!

post | ◷ NIJ | Archive - Mika Melatika - UNARCHIVED KARAOKE - I GOT A NEW UKULELE!!!

Idol Schizo Segment, Everyone's Favourite!
post | ₪ IDL | Pochi was posting on her PL account
post | Fuyo roommate streamed 20 days ago
post | Rye posting on Twitter
post | Idol HE has 2 members out of 5

post | /jidf/ is having a meltdown
post | Rye was playing with her old friends
post | The Farms boogeyman

post | Apparently our friendly neighbor yukoschizo was busy yab nuking
post | Pochi is taking few more days off
post | Yuko blacked? idk, people are canceling memberships anyway. Archive is in the next post

post | OnlyFans, allegedly Yuko's. Also a suspicious twitter acount
post | Alleged Rye BF
post | Yuko played the game, she is winning them prices
Discussion goes on and on, touching Gura, parasocial fans and GFE and all the usual

post | ▷ HLO | Calli retweets accounts promoting DemonDice

post | ▷ HLO | Hololive fangame database posted again

post | ▷ HLO | Zeta celebrates 1 Year anniversary
post | She made a Bingo

post | MariMari marathon

post | /vt/ schizo bot master
post | Local images

post | ☆ HST | ◷ NIJ | Axel Selen Altare practice stream

post | More Vsaikyo clips from various teams

post | ▷ HLO | Info on Hololive finances
post | Context and correction
post | Cover only made a smaller portion of their company public
Later in this same Recap, Cover will publish its financial report

post | Goetic myth in Genshin
post | Genshin is based on Gnosticism

post | Amiya stream, Sena is in chat
post | Amiya have been watching her rigging streams

post | Ᵽ PHC | Tenma met new Phase members

post | Kirsche is going to play RE4 Remake, edited Plague of Gripes art

post | ▷ HLO | Archive - Kureiji Ollie - 【UNARCHIVE KARAOKE】 I STILL WANT TO SING!! LETS GO MIDNIGHT PARTY!!

post | Ᵽ PHC | Phase Weekly with Pippa and Yuri. Roommate lore and unhinged talks

post | ☆ HST | Shinri posted his setup photo. Also Hakka is on a Speak of the Devil with Ironmouse
post | Tempus interview - Vesper talks with Shinri

post | Banned Vtuber Memes posts Nene and Pippa enjoying chiken with a huge black man
post | They deleted it later

post | Ᵽ PHC | Question - Who is Airi's roommate?
post | About Airi's visa being tied to her job - maybe not the reason why she is still there
post | If her work tax related, she could do members only tax help streams
post | Job paying for education deals
post | About USSR/Russia
post | More personal stories, doctor and master's degree

post | ◷ NIJ | Fulgur Ovid Birthday stream
post | Fan video for Fulgur

post | ▷ HLO | Kiara wants to collab with Neuro-sama

post | ▷ HLO | Risu, Moona, Reine meme review from 4th Fes

post | ▷ HLO | Melody wrote to Kobo

Mikeneko/Nazuna info
post | Mikeneko is going to collab with someone on YouTube
post | It's Kson
post | Explanation. Possibly related to Resident Evil, she is a huge fan
post | Her latest drama archive
post | About her big whale ORCA
post | About donations to other chuubas, it is more about love

post | ▷ HLO | Accented Cinema features Holo Myth girls in a video about mahjong

post | Ᵽ PHC | Pippa AI dungeon art, discussion on RPG

post | ▷ HLO | Kiara, Botan, Kobo start Diablo IV, individually

post | ▷ HLO | Ame debut in HoloGra

post | Ᵽ PHC | Phase Connect Gen 2 will be at OffKai, along with Gen 1

post | ▷ HLO | Fan artist swapped IRyS' eye colors again

post | Recommendation - MaiR's Shout My Live V
post | Found a fan of a design
post | About Vsingers

post | Ᵽ PHC | Pippa reflection, no face. Sonic?

post | ▷ HLO | Nagu streamed, drawing a character from anime she provided designs for
post | Finished art
post | Archive of the stream

post | Connor raised $500K+ for Immune Deficiency Foundation

post | ☆ HST | Vesper is about to begin Dwarf Fortress

post | Sava Twitter Space, notes and an Archive

post | ₪ IDL | Kattarina is having a moment

post | Vexoria has started chemo (breast cancer). Unrelated bad news, her house was flooded

post | ▷ HLO | Archive - Moona Hoshinova - 【MoonUtau】 Chill out with karaoke

post | Dragon's Dogma 2 info. Discussion about future game

post | Ᵽ PHC | Tenma on her heart issues triggered by scary games. Context Atomic Heart spider movement

post | ▷ HLO | Gura's next stream

post | ♨ FVR | Sena is doing a Deep Dive on internet schizos

post | ▷ HLO | Canan talks about her "another job", and how she enjoys Canan stuff

Cover Financial Report
post | ▷ HLO | Cover financial report being a popular paper to read (and extrapolate from)
post | Tweet from Cover themselves, listing on Tokyo Stock Exchange Growth Market. Apparently it is a small part of their shares
post | ⓘ INF | More info, screenshots and links
post | Money per vtuber is clearly less important than overall revenue
post | Archive of the doc. EN version was deleted from Cover website to later be reuploaded with names of competitors being censored

post | ₪ IDL | Nikki with a risque move (posted her own barby doll style model on Twitter, asks to dress her up)

post | ◷ NIJ | Selen, Hana and Ike organizing Puyo Puyo Tetris tourney

post | Nana Asteria's 1 year celebration stream

post | Archive - Sara Nagare - [UNARCHIVED AUSTRALIAN KARAOKE] Aussie bangers!

post | Filian is seen in OTK house. Rrats go!

post | ☆ HST | Magni with Raid Shadow Legends stream

post | Someone made a Marimari General on QWC forum

post | Ᵽ PHC | Nasa Birthday stream. Also on Phase Connect JP

post | ☆ HST | Flayon showed a spicy succubus game on accident

post | ▷ HLO | Recommendation - Kaela

post | Betsy's funeral announcement

post | ☆ HST | Archive - Gavis Bettel - [Unarchived Karaoke] SURPRISE KARAOKE!

post | Current state of Brave Group

post | Zoey on budget vtubing
post | Notes from an active streamer

post | ▷ HLO | Archive - IRyS - 『UNARCHIVED Karaoke』 Sing for me IRyS Sing!

post | Sithis is a confirmed Teamate and Yukoschizo, inspiring detective work by /jidf/ brightest minds

post | Recommendation - Amity Nemurou, ghost vtuber

post | ▷ HLO | Mel new outfit
post | Screenshot and tweets

post | ▷ HLO | Discussion on vtuber acting slowly derails into discussion on how dumb or smart Gura really is
post | Possibly dislexic?

post | Idea - a sasquatch vtuber who deletes all their VODs, and any footage is blurry. More /vt/ ideas

post | Vsaikyo practice of Chihoro Yuki, JP

post | ▷ HLO | Kobo Original

post | Ᵽ PHC | Sakana submits to mugs demand

post | ▷ HLO | Pekora's monkey is alive

post | ▷ HLO | Ina is still sick

post | ▷ HLO | Mori horse meme is still alive and doing well

post | Mumu from Amber Glow is doing only ASMR because neighbors harass her

post | Question - what exactly constitutes GFE/BFE?

post | ▷ HLO | Cover is looking for Spanish speaking employees

post | ▷ HLO | Massive Towa clips YouTube playlist

post | ▷ HLO | Gura members only info - she is called back to Japan

post | /vt/ about Latin Americans. Discussion follows
post | About Owozu, biggest Latina vtuber agency
post | Internet culture
post | Notable figures on the scene

post | Nyaruu feet screenshots

post | Ᵽ PHC | Lia on Furry Deep Dive, a racial slur on screen

post | ♨ FVR | Sena stream on Terry Devis. Mentions Null

post | Sleepy's merch is being ordered even without public links

post | Rosalind from SlaVR got her Google account back, after being suspended

post | Ᵽ PHC | A.I. vtuber sings Pippa the Rippa

post | Kirsche talks about Chris-chan being out on bail

post | Ᵽ PHC | On superduper's Rie hate
post | Question - what is Rie's timezone?

post | ▷ HLO | Calli's earlier tweet was a tease of her 2 million wish, sheriff outfit

DM me If I missed or messed something up!

Last edited:

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
I adore IRyS. She's one of my favorite people on the planet. But, jesus christ, the thought of being in a relationship with her would be EXHAUSTING. It'd be like raising a 20-something toddler.
This is pretty much my exact thoughts. I don't have any romantic feelings towards any of the girls. The strongest connections I feel for some chuubas is that of close family. I get that even that is super parasocial, but when you watch hours and hours of an entertainer when they share tons of personal information, that kind of feeling wouldn't be unnatural.

I always imagine IRyS as a dorky little sister to be honest. Even when she reads out supers and says "Love you", it feels more like how you would say it to your siblings or parents. I'm sure she really does love all her fans but it 100% does not mean she loves you romantically my man.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I remember seeing a few of Zilverk's clips when Hana Yomeguri reacted to his shit. I dont have a single clue who the fuck finds him funny. Is it a zoomer thing? Comes off as "HES FUNNY BECAUSE HE IS LOUD" type of shit. YEAH Also he won an award for best ES vtuber :gunpeko:

Welp a lot of things 1-She had no previous experience doing this(No PL)so her firsts stream are just her messing around with a normal voice very low energy in February 2020(All of this in Facebook gaming BTW)(The YT channel starts getting clips from these streams)
2-I dont remember exactly when but she started to shift into a more high pitched loli voice and a more genki attitude,she never explained why but many theorize that is maybe due to the sheer increase of popularity of the JP vtubing style at the time
3-In the inspiration regard she answered with no doubt the eternal question of Niji or Holo?with Niji saying that she enjoys Otogibara Era and her talks about "how difficult it was to stay in-character for long periods of time while streaming" and other Livers.She dislikes parasocial stuff and 2019 Hololive style of vtubing didnt sit well with her
4-Final Point.Nowadays she just does react content in Twitch and has almost dropped gaming,her inspirations,her old models and most (if not all ) of her old fanbase
Literally a React Channel create purely for this purpose:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is pretty much my exact thoughts. I don't have any romantic feelings towards any of the girls. The strongest connections I feel for some chuubas is that of close family. I get that even that is super parasocial, but when you watch hours and hours of an entertainer when they share tons of personal information, that kind of feeling wouldn't be unnatural.

I always imagine IRyS as a dorky little sister to be honest. Even when she reads out supers and says "Love you", it feels more like how you would say it to your siblings or parents. I'm sure she really does love all her fans but it 100% does not mean she loves you romantically my man.
I think of Nene as a childhood friend that """grew up""" to be a moron woman and still lives next to you.

Mehk

(A) (A)

Apparently Millie had some weird shit happen while she was doing her ASMR tonight and she's scared.

Also Tenma has been on twitch streaming touhou for the past hour.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230328-013457-700.png
I'm about to do a Sweet Mother on the whole fucking month of March

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Apparently Millie had some weird shit happen while she was doing her ASMR tonight and she's scared.
Any clip of that?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |
Any clip of that?
Youtube's built in clip feature hates long videos so here's a timestamp:

Edit: I can't remember but does Millie have any pets that coulda knocked over the tape measure?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

what is Bae’s actual age again

IdenticalPlateaus

So here's a question: what exactly constitutes GFE/BFE? I always thought it was direct RP with viewers like Rushia did and Vox does in terms of actually having conversations about being GF/BF with viewers.
Much like everyone in this thread, it's on a spectrum.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

(A) (A)

Man, I hate reading shit like this because it just agitates the ghostbuster fag in me and all I want is to interrogate them and investigate, but nooo, it's always "Bro what the fuck are you even talking about?" and "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GET OUT OF MY WINDOW!" and "I HAVE A GUN AND IM CALLING THE POLICE! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Like jesus bitch I just want to see if I can catch an EVP or snap some fingerprints. You should be familiar enough with Phasmo to understand how it goes, if you're freaked out just wait in the truck, it's probably not even a Demon so I don't know why you're being such a little baby about it, it's probably just a Poltergeist.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

(A) (A)

Ah yes a ghost, this type are called "bulls" of the "dominating" kind, she should ask froot she would know. :smugrys:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
The strongest connections I feel for some chuubas is that of close family. I get that even that is super parasocial, but when you watch hours and hours of an entertainer when they share tons of personal information, that kind of feeling wouldn't be unnatural.

I've said this before, but yes, 'IRBI' when IRyS says it, and I'm sure many other vtubers really mean it too. That's why I hate the chinawoman for the 'DYRBI' speech; all it did was prove that she was an ungrateful and inconsiderate person at her core (or if you want to give her the benefit of doubt, that she has a warped view on what 'love' is).

There are many different forms of love, this youtube playlist of C.S. Lewis's 'The Four Loves' is actually really good. TL;DR is in the first 30 seconds of the first video, but even more shortened; family, friendship, sexual, and the last is a bit tougher, but it's like a sacrificial love. I think it's pretty 'normal' and not unhealthy for a vtuber and their fans to feel the first two for each other.
For two family examples, Kobo has said how she loves the idea of Holostars (and chat?) as her brothers, because she has always wanted that kind of familial relationship. And IRyS has said that she would imagine herself as a younger sister...but of course she said it in a very 'IRyS' way...And then if you look at IRyK, you see what IRyS's idea of a what a 'brother' is; a siscon who is completely obsessed with her...ok it's kinda hard to take IRyS's 'younger sister' claim seriously or as a compliment, but I do still believe it when she says she loves chat anyway, and in return, I love her in an undisclosed number of these 4 ways that is greater than or equal to 1.

And then 'friendship' is kinda self explanatory. It's basically the vibes of people hanging out and caring about each other, which I'd say is extremely common between a vtuber and their chat.
Eros...if your vtuber is playing into eros she's a whore.
Agape is...harder to pick out, I probably could have watched that whole video by now and come up with some examples, but I just kept clicking around random timestamps and not really absorbing anything. My bad. Super surface level (where I might just be mislabeling) as a 'sacrificial love', maybe you could relate this to the vtubers who push themselves too hard for the sake of their fans. Not concerned for themselves, but wanting to do things for other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom