"The Baby can burn to death... Let me watch it as it burns"Chisaka Airi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chihirogumi

Chihiro, Tsukino Mito, Elu, and the rest of Nijisanji's 1st wave are in a big collab at the moment.

paul

Early Adopter
Did you overcome you post-fes depression? Saw this side by side edit of the theme song from both days. So you have to go through that too :yagoocry:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Because of this, apparently her editors were...I don't want to say poached, but got commissioned alongside Shiina from "Another rival corporation".
Screenshot_20230320-100222-169.png
Two guesses as to who

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
2023-03-20 11_04_12-Window.png

Did @The Proctor cave in and got himself a jap toilet or was he at magni's too?

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
(Don't think I've seen this, slap those clocks if old)

Leave it to Callie to lean into the lean
View attachment 17134
She described it as inviting JP mems to try different alcohol in her collection/she picks up and having them guess where it's from.
Of course shenanigans will ensue.
(Don't think she mentioned the time/date for this)
Hey, play to your strengths pink women; get that content.
Bets on what drinks come out?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
View attachment 17182
Two guesses as to who
That was my assumption as well, however since Shiina didn't say who it was I didn't want to speculate, just state the facts.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

Can't really explain why or how, but Bettel really looks like how real life Bettel is supposed to look like.

Daw, they're so adorbs together.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
There's been rumors circulating for a while that you get tons of support at first from Niji, but if you don't bring in the cash it's very much a 'sink or swim' organization. I don't know if that's true, but the image you get from seeing the ex-NijiID crew doesn't seem to dissuade from that at all.
Frankly, with the number of talents Niji has and the rate at which they debut more, I don't see how that wouldn't be the case. Or something similar to it at least. There is simply no way they have the managers and systems required to give them all the constant feedback and support that people would assume in a traditional position. The rate at which Niji yabs would be another symptom.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
After watching cartoons Tenma's been going through and listening to Phase's music covers. Just finished Meemaws and moved onto Panko.

hylic

View attachment 17182
Two guesses as to who
ElectricBackJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

I guess pippers being most supportive pc member wasn't a lie. I didn't know shorts editing was that big of a deal. It looks like something any editor can do in less than a couple hours.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Frankly, with the number of talents Niji has and the rate at which they debut more, I don't see how that wouldn't be the case. Or something similar to it at least. There is simply no way they have the managers and systems required to give them all the constant feedback and support that people would assume in a traditional position. The rate at which Niji yabs would be another symptom.
Would totally make sense that they realized that the other branches except EN (and their not-exactly-CN branch VirtuaReal, but they are basically under bilibili to begin with) is no longer profitable in the long run and decided it would be best to give them the skeleton crew approach + merge with main. KR doesn't mind it since its better than their old one, but in exchange ID now have to suffer in the background.

Especially considering that since being merged means that they would just, use the JP assets, there could be myriad of issues like miscommunications or delays if compared to say, hiring local staff or having local office in either KR or ID. Considering that ID pre-merge has enough manpower to set up things like a booth and probably has its own office back then, I can imagine just how bad a set-back it is now post-merge.

Limkin

There's been rumors circulating for a while that you get tons of support at first from Niji, but if you don't bring in the cash it's very much a 'sink or swim' organization. I don't know if that's true, but the image you get from seeing the ex-NijiID crew doesn't seem to dissuade from that at all.
The only thing you are guaranteed to get from a company is one outfit, and one 3D model after you hit milestones. The rest is out of your pocket. If you don't hit milestones you don't get it either. Hololive might as well remove theirs because while on paper being the same, their members hit this numbers before a debut video, it's redundant. It was always very much an open secret that if you want your oshi to continue streaming you must buy their voicepacks, because Nijisanji doesn't loan money to get merch and they don't have enough in their pockets to cough out upfront payment themself, while streaming is not bringing even remotely enough money to afford doing it as full time job. This is why you get shitty acrylic stands and keychains for EN, instead of personalized merch. And it's not possible to do things differently when you operate on grand scale. If they tried to do things "better" for individual members they would just turn into second Hololive, and I personally think there is a need to do things differently, just to make sure that it's actually "better", not just you thinking it is. It does come with a variety of issues, mainly infighting and drama due to sheer numbers, but for a company as a whole it's negligible, they couldn't give less fucks ten people don't get along if you have two hundred

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The only thing you are guaranteed to get from a company is one outfit, and one 3D model after you hit milestones. The rest is out of your pocket. If you don't hit milestones you don't get it either. Hololive might as well remove theirs because while on paper being the same, their members hit this numbers before a debut video, it's redundant. It was always very much an open secret that if you want your oshi to continue streaming you must buy their voicepacks, because Nijisanji doesn't loan money to get merch and they don't have enough in their pockets to cough out upfront payment themself, while streaming is not bringing even remotely enough money to afford doing it as full time job. This is why you get shitty acrylic stands and keychains for EN, instead of personalized merch. And it's not possible to do things differently when you operate on grand scale. If they tried to do things "better" for individual members they would just turn into second Hololive, and I personally think there is a need to do things differently, just to make sure that it's actually "better", not just you thinking it is. It does come with a variety of issues, mainly infighting and drama due to sheer numbers, but for a company as a whole it's negligible, they couldn't give less fucks ten people don't get along if you have two hundred
Oh god, this reminded me of an image I saved. The absolute state of Nijisanji merch.
jvvrgw.jpg

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Rei's post got this on my mind again, so I gotta ask, as someone who never buys merch.
Does anyone ever actually want acrylic standees?
That one in particular almost feels like an insult. Like the absolute bare minimum of product you could possibly put out and charge way too much money. Maybe it's a Japan thing.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Noel, Lui and Polka in da club.

Tenma and ba-chan

And funny moment.
vivaldi_lFpoqKYvS8.png
:talentfreedom:

kestraline

Early Adopter
So a long time vtuber by the name of Harune is graduating today.

Not sure if she's going corpo or not (she announced graduation a few months ago) but she'd be a great pick for anyone if it's the case.

She has had A LOT of videos from other vtubers sent in by the way. She is going to be missed a lot.

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
The only thing you are guaranteed to get from a company is one outfit, and one 3D model after you hit milestones. The rest is out of your pocket. If you don't hit milestones you don't get it either. Hololive might as well remove theirs because while on paper being the same, their members hit this numbers before a debut video, it's redundant. It was always very much an open secret that if you want your oshi to continue streaming you must buy their voicepacks, because Nijisanji doesn't loan money to get merch and they don't have enough in their pockets to cough out upfront payment themself, while streaming is not bringing even remotely enough money to afford doing it as full time job. This is why you get shitty acrylic stands and keychains for EN, instead of personalized merch.
You are exaggerating even fucking Holostars JP who are treated like Black People in the apartheid by fans get personalized merch

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Axel, Selen, rpr are practicing.

After several server crashes (intentional by supposed antis), custom's banned all console players for this time, rpr messaged several game devs about it.

Banter between Selen and rpr is fucking legendary, as always. Earlier they discussed the idea of a vtuber company dedicated to couples - like getting people to pretend they are married, they then got stuck on kids - get vtubers to pretend to be a kid of a vtuber family? Axel's PC crashed at some point. Then they started about NFTs - trolling rpr about selling for $5 a piece.

Also rpr discovered mid stream the MythicTalent deleted? his announcement tweet - says it's maybe some Twitter error.

Last edited:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
I was watching Axel's Apex practice.

And this motherfucker has still not done his taxes.:smugpipi:
Dingo is going to get slamed.

Limkin

I went specifically to Niji merch store to see what they show, and out of 12 pages, 20 item groups per page the things that aren't acrylic stands, keychains, badges or posters are - Petra and Chigusa have hoodies. 6 members have folding mirrors that aren't even personalized just different back color. Ethyria got sock puppets and bags. Luxiem has hairpins, bag ribbon charms, puppets. Obsydia has puppets. Lazulight and Noctyx have mugs. Out of 240 items only 10 are not in this categories (I know how to count, some of this were just bundled as one item not separate). This is the only thing that their EN shop lists as for sale. Some items with EN members are not here like collabs with irl shops or that were mostly JP members but with some from EN but thats a drop in the ocean
Edit: if you pick category that has literally everything including voicepacks you also have Noctyx accessory cases and bracelets, Ethyria amulets, Luxiem necklace, pouch and mirror. 5 more but on 15 pages, so 17 out of 300 items. I don't know why it wasn't in general category, blame their product manager
inll.png
I don't know for sure, but it looks like Ina did some promo art for Nijisanji before

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom