"Sasaki-senpai is like an air purifier, like a cleaning room robot mascot"Hayama Marin

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230315-151711-683.png

Katta came back!
Her tweets are still weird though

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

kukkia

Early Adopter
I still don't know what happen to nijiEN numbers. For some reason luxiem viewership dropped hard.
View attachment 16689View attachment 16690

Vox back in May 2022
View attachment 16687

EN vtuber CCV in general started to stagnate and recline last year. You can see that HoloEN started to have a drop in viewership around the same time NijiEN did, and while it had a bump in January of this year it's nowhere near its heights.

R5Wmw6W.png

In regards to Luxiem in specific, I think they were kinda like HoloEN Myth but for the EN male scene. They weren't the first male EN vtubers, but there are clearly a lot of people who only want to check out vtubers from the big agencies, not indies/small companies. And suddenly there was a wave of male EN vtubers from a big agency. Since then the novelty has worn off and there are more choices so some of the people who got in during the exciting phase have dropped off. They seem to be doing fine in terms of revenue so it's likely that those viewers weren't the ones spending a lot of money anyways.

One area in which I think NijiEN is lacking relative to Hololive or NijiJP is a sort of sense of their talents working towards "something." The feeling of working towards a project or goal can excite viewers and Luxiem doesn't really have that. For the most part they're just doing what they've always been doing. I think this is one of the most negative effects of the AR concert cancellation, so I really do hope it gets rescheduled eventually.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
EN vtuber CCV in general started to stagnate and recline last year. You can see that HoloEN started to have a drop in viewership around the same time NijiEN did, and while it had a bump in January of this year it's nowhere near its heights.

View attachment 16692

In regards to Luxiem in specific, I think they were kinda like HoloEN Myth but for the EN male scene. They weren't the first male EN vtubers, but there are clearly a lot of people who only want to check out vtubers from the big agencies, not indies/small companies. And suddenly there was a wave of male EN vtubers from a big agency. Since then the novelty has worn off and some of the people who got in during the exciting phase have dropped off. They seem to be doing fine in terms of revenue so it's likely that those viewers weren't the ones spending a lot of money anyways.
I doubt we will ever see numbers like 2020-2021 for the EN side of VTubing again, unless something causes another boom somehow. Otherwise, viewership should remain closer to non-vtuber streamers, I would guess. The JP scene will probably always remain strong, though.

soap suds

Jumping ship from NijiID doesn't provide any benefit for the majority of them, the only realistic upgrade in the world of vtubing would be being picked up by Holo (but it'll never happen), so it make sense to drop out only for a real job.
Some of them do have real jobs. Reza works in something medical and I think Taka mentioned going on work trips.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I think this news warrants busting out Small Agency Drama Dude again:

View attachment 16691

Plumarielle was their most-subbed member so far. (Jax was their least.) Granted, that only means 823 subscribers as of right now, but that's still got to be a bit of a painful loss so early on in their project. A five-member agency is now down to three, which would probably be unsustainable even before you take into account the low subscriber counts and the fact that nobody in the agency is monetized yet so there's no way they made up the initial setup costs for those two.

As I've said before, compared to other recent small agency debuts, they seemed to not do sufficient promotion pre-debut, resulting in those subscriber counts well below what we saw in recent debuts by EIEN or even V&U - they were starting out on the back foot. I can't guarantee that's why these two quit - given the context of the announcement tweet, they may have been fired instead and we'll never know. But if I had to guess something, I'd guess they didn't think the agency was doing enough for them. If anyone knows if these two resurface elsewhere spilling tea, please let us know.
Always remember, kids. If your corp doesn't do shit for you, just leave. Suisei did it, too.

Twice.

(Inonaka counts)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Panko is going to perform on CyberSakura

And in unfortunately regular medical news, we have Pomu visiting doctors and Tenma canceling a stream

kukkia

Early Adopter
I doubt we will ever see numbers like 2020-2021 for the EN side of VTubing again, unless something causes another boom somehow. Otherwise, viewership should remain closer to non-vtuber streamers, I would guess. The JP scene will probably always remain strong, though.
Yeah, that time was wild. I don't think we'll ever see something like the buzz around Myth.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

View attachment 16692

In regards to Luxiem in specific, I think they were kinda like HoloEN Myth but for the EN male scene. They weren't the first male EN vtubers, but there are clearly a lot of people who only want to check out vtubers from the big agencies, not indies/small companies. And suddenly there was a wave of male EN vtubers from a big agency. Since then the novelty has worn off and there are more choices so some of the people who got in during the exciting phase have dropped off. They seem to be doing fine in terms of revenue so it's likely that those viewers weren't the ones spending a lot of money anyways.

One area in which I think NijiEN is lacking relative to Hololive or NijiJP is a sort of sense of their talents working towards "something." The feeling of working towards a project or goal can excite viewers and Luxiem doesn't really have that. For the most part they're just doing what they've always been doing. I think this is one of the most negative effects of the AR concert cancellation, so I really do hope it gets rescheduled eventually.
Why is holoJP so fucking high? I thought niji was more popular in japan than holo...?
(im not baiting or tribalfagging or anything, i genuinely didn't expect that)

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Why is holoJP so fucking high? I thought niji was more popular in japan than holo...?
HoloJP is more popular worldwide. I think Kuzuha is the only Niji who really, truly rivals people like Pekora and Miko for viewership. The HoloJP girls just make insane viewership numbers.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I'm not sure what the company are meant to do about ex-ID at this point. Plenty of criticism can be levied at what they did - or didn't - do in the past, but now?

Does anyone remember how much money and promotion was poured into VERSEn? Does anyone remember VERSEn at all despite them only debuting like a year ago? What about PRISM post-Sony acquisition? NijiIN and HoloCN?

Time and again we learn that no amount of financial backing, branding, or collabs with established branches will stop the V-Tuber industry from rejecting something outright.

VERSEn was more or less abandoned in favour of VEE, and VEE's most popular member is someone who was already a 3-view Indie. PRISM remains in stasis and is never talked about. NijiIN gave way to NijiEN. HoloCN straight up died but was already non-profitable before the Coco stuff.

Ex-ID got physical merch and model brushups; they were granted absolute freedom to collabs with JP and KR, as well as invitations to most of the big events last year that they previously weren't involved in. Hana DOES have a full 3D model. All these things happened AFTER the company likely deemed them non-profitable.

I'm really not trying to defend a corporation here but I also don't have an answer for what could be done from the corporate side. Mika, Bon, Nara, Siska and Derem have shown the rest of them that an audience IS waiting for them if they adapt and branch out. Layla is starting to do that with EN and it's showing results, but most of them aren't.

It's just a tough situation all around.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I'm really not trying to defend a corporation here but I also don't have an answer for what could be done from the corporate side. Mika, Bon, Nara, Siska and Derem have shown the rest of them that an audience IS waiting for them if they adapt and branch out. Layla is starting to do that with EN and it's showing results, but most of them aren't.
I think the only thing that could realistically be done is to hire more managers for them (or get them exclusive ones) and allocate them more money. At that point, they may as well just recreate NijiID, which obviously does not make much sense. They could technically throw them in NijiEN, too, I guess, but that also sounds like less-than-ideal solution.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Does anyone remember how much money and promotion was poured into VERSEn?
Basically nothing, if memory serves me correctly. To the point some were streaming as .pngs half a year after debut.

I think Cubanodon on KF liked them and was approximately their entire audience?

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Give it time, Schwab will give the orders for a new pandemic to get released and then we'll be back in vtuber boom time, all in the plan
:pekok:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
HoloJP is more popular worldwide. I think Kuzuha is the only Niji who really, truly rivals people like Pekora and Miko for viewership. The HoloJP girls just make insane viewership numbers.
Kanata's Dark Souls streams were pulling 14-19k CCV.

MyName

Do you think it works like a voodoo doll? If so where can i have one? Asking for a friend
What are we going to do to it? Fix it's teeth?

Kalion

:)
It's Henemimi/Hen of Mimi/PAWG chicken's birthday and two year anniversary.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
What are we going to do to it? Fix it's teeth?
I don't know but don't let @ViolentNugget near her
Sometimes when I feel down I come here and read what you guys are saying and I feel better about myself, I’m comforted by the fact that even though I did jizz on a Pomu plush I’ll never be as hopeless as you guys ❤️
:shiinastare: :vomitdrawer::mold1:
If you're averse to friend making martial arts is an easy way
Yes and wen you go to spar say lots of slurs to help toughen up your opponent's fighting spirit! Especially the instructor! And don't where a Cup like a sissy!
@ViolentNugget fallow this advice and you will never violate another plush again :smugpipi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom