"If you want to rotmaxxing, you should rotmaxxing at home. If you want to go out, you should shower"Remilia Nephys

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Do you think it works like a voodoo doll? If so where can i have one? Asking for a friend
I hope not, because it's only a matter of time till it ends up in a jar..

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
*Monkeys paw curls*
*Selen spends the rest of her vtubing career playing block game*
But that's the intended result :smugmoona:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I think Hana just got bumped down the ladder because JPs are probably prioritized. Remember, EN had their entire concert cancelled even though EN members make more revenue than JPs per vtuber.
I know about the priority stuff, I was mostly referring to the part where they decide to cancel it AFTER announcing it.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

I love the racist lolibaba vodka fox
:tenmayourmom:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Remi is streaming a Senran Kagura cooking game spin-off? I'll check this kitchen fire out for a bit before bed. I mean, what could possibly go wro-
remi_the_timing.jpg
remi_is_oblivious.jpg

Oh.

Mephet'ran

Nice writeup you got there, let me add some corrections.
ZENTREYA IS A MAN!
Not even trans or gay. JUST A MAN!
original vid was taken down, its still viewable with the waybackmachine. maybe someone here has a better archive? if so pls post it.
Zentreya also has regular meltdowns on twitters, here are some of the tamer ones. a. b. c

View attachment 16665.
Not to mention his politisperging when Roe v wade was overturned.
Which gets us neatly into the topic of politicalsperging in Vshoujo. Unlike other corpos who try to stay apolitical Vshojo proudly wears its political affiliations like a uniform.
Onto nyanners besides the pomf pomf shit, she made her fame by taking voice request from 4chan. While some were made by sexual deviants and were sexual in nature, some were made to be as offensive, outrages or funny as possible. Examples below.

Now these are all more than a decade old, and she may have been a young girl, so wanting to distancing herself from these things aswell as the loli / pedo -pomf pomf stuff is quite understandable. Calling her fans from her 4chan fame all groomers, while a bit hyperbolic and generalizing, is in my opinion not entirely unjustified. So it was very easy to sympathize with her position. The Problem is that nyanners is a total hypocrite- while calling out all loli content as pedophilic, she still uses a loli avatar and she still took some voice request after her grand disavowal. most notably:
View attachment 16670
Don't know if this is what you were after since the archived vid didn't want to load for me, but here it is regardless. In short, Zentreya is a man.

PekoWick

A pretty good quarter. This was before all the February drama, but still, it does show that the downturn for EN in the previous quarter wasn't a sign of the branch's death, like some people on /#/ were predicting.
I still don't know what happen to nijiEN numbers. For some reason luxiem viewership dropped hard.
qqq.jpgqq.jpg

Vox back in May 2022
q.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I bet NijiID felt a sense of pride and accomplishment and sees their future as bright as possible when your company treats you as "Other", bundles with two other branches plus chinese fujoshi who don't know how to use vpn, you are literally streaming in english most of the time anyway, and you are just a blip on a radar in revenue compared to EN. No shit they feel like third grade citizens and consider going indie or quitting as better option
I 'member when HoloID were the "second-class citizens" who people concernfagged about as if anyone cares about Indogs, now fucking look at them, it's not about the language of the branch, it's how you treat it.

smartestkidontheshortbus

For being their first custom scrim, Axel/Selen/Mr.Temp3rdiPN felt like they got better from the first match to the last one, I have high hopes the team will work.

...Except, you know, gotta find that very restricted 3rd member. That's gonna be rough. :inaunravel:
Good thing they have the majority of NijiEn and holoId to choose from.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It is an absolute wonder to me how the rest of Niji ID haven't picked up and left at this point. Sure some of them stream as an aside an/or aren't in it for the grandiose glory like Bonnivier, Riksa, Amicia, Nagisa, Layla or even Zea, but the ones that have been "favored" like HaNym Macchia, Mika and Siska should most likely know by now where things are headed.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Holy frick, only a couple days until Holofes. I need to go to SPWN and find where the link will be so I'm not scrambling to find it an hour before the show. Wheeeeeeeeeeee

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Rin Penrose is currently fighting her schedule in the membership stream, and it looks like the schedule is winning:

And I can't believe Katta rejected my marriage proposal (real) (not clickbait), this is so sad:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I love the racist lolibaba vodka fox
He's white (Nordic). It's not racist according to current year.

It is an absolute wonder to me how the rest of Niji ID haven't picked up and left at this point. Sure some of them stream as an aside an/or aren't in it for the grandiose glory like Bonnivier, Riksa, Amicia, Nagisa, Layla or even Zea, but the ones that have been "favored" like HaNym Macchia, Mika and Siska should most likely know by now where things are headed.
Layla has been doing okayish. I worry about ZEA, but if she decided to graduate I wouldn't be entirely against it at this point. Siska and Mika shouldn't have to leave because (at least for Mika's case) they unironically have the Nijisanji branding going for them. Hana is a toss up for my rrat ridden brain though. I'm still wondering what the "thing" that got denied that has her real upset is. It isn't the 3D debut she elaborated in that member stream to us that the 3D debut is still happening she was still (physically) sick at the time (that membership stream was in January, so after the 2nd delay).

soap suds

I know about the priority stuff, I was mostly referring to the part where they decide to cancel it AFTER announcing it.
The first time they canceled it was because Hana was sick/not feeling well, I think she confirmed she was under the weather as well, and then the rest I don't know. I'm sure they mentioned COVID or something I'm not sure.
I still don't know what happen to nijiEN numbers. For some reason luxiem viewership dropped hard.
View attachment 16689View attachment 16690

Vox back in May 2022
View attachment 16687
I think numbers have been dropping everywhere, but yeah a bit lower for Luxiem, but nothing too severe IMO. Petra is the one that concerns me because she was on the rise number wise and then she moved. She stopped streaming for a while during that time, and when she came back it seems her audience had up and left.
I joke about the whole unity thing, but it's mainly because of that. ID is super close, close enough to raid each other's house in the middle of the night because someone lost their internet, and I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck around because of each other. They love their fans as well, I'm not going to pretend they don't like their audience, but they've mostly stuck around because no one else felt the need to leave. You can also point to the fact that before the merger, things weren't half bad. They had a management that looked over them and tried to promote them as much as they could, and there were even auditions and a new wave was supposed to come. They don't have that now, and one of them has finally left. If Niji does decide that there's no need to create new waves for ex-ID, or even spare them a glance, then I'm not surprised that they've only now decided to jump ship.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I'm probably the only one who doesn't like watching vtubers recapping their trip, not because I think the stream is terrible but because it reminds me of how lonely and worthless my life really is, knowing the experiences that they have is something I'll never have, even just hearing them talk about what they used to do before being a vtuber stings a bit, knowing that I have only lived my life through a screen, imagining what I could've achieved if things didn't turn out like this, Obsessing over online anime women is the only thing that makes me forget about all this
Have you considered lifting?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

this shit

fuck it
Jumping ship from NijiID doesn't provide any benefit for the majority of them, the only realistic upgrade in the world of vtubing would be being picked up by Holo (but it'll never happen), so it make sense to drop out only for a real job.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
The corpo that made a concert from a toilet last week and debuted their talents a couple days ago lost 2 members already. :pathetic:

The channels and model belongs to the corpo ( i suppose ) and it looks like an amateur corpo they probably in shambles right now

I think this news warrants busting out Small Agency Drama Dude again:

d20rpt6-c322f9cc-cbd9-4bd4-9b48-a3d376f039f4-2.png

Plumarielle was their most-subbed member so far. (Jax was their least.) Granted, that only means 823 subscribers as of right now, but that's still got to be a bit of a painful loss so early on in their project. A five-member agency is now down to three, which would probably be unsustainable even before you take into account the low subscriber counts and the fact that nobody in the agency is monetized yet so there's no way they made up the initial setup costs for those two.

As I've said before, compared to other recent small agency debuts, they seemed to not do sufficient promotion pre-debut, resulting in those subscriber counts well below what we saw in recent debuts by EIEN or even V&U - they were starting out on the back foot. I can't guarantee that's why these two quit - given the context of the announcement tweet, they may have been fired instead and we'll never know. But if I had to guess something, I'd guess they didn't think the agency was doing enough for them. If anyone knows if these two resurface elsewhere spilling tea, please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom