"Wait [Markiplier] only smashed 72!? [Pokemon] Coward"Chibidoki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I go out of my way to avoid the bulk of twitter and all of twitch, so all of these unknown names simply make me feel old and ignorant. Like I've never heard of Vaush before now and I think I keep getting Hasan mixed up with OrdinaryGamers despite never watching either of them. Man...

Vtuber related, I have Phase's covers and Originals on play while I do chores because I realized I've never listened to them all. I didn't even know the talents were putting out music besides the usuals. Good fun stuff Here's their playlists. Is there someone who's a bit lesser known who's playlist I should go through?

Phase Originals

Phase Covers

I guess every vTuber sings King eventually... at least the Japanese ones.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Rrats incoming. Remember there was some rrats about reimu and vox dating in the past? And she is latina. That must mean she is the crazy ex girlfriend. Vox went into hiding after some crazy fan found out where he lived. That crazy fan is reimu. Now she cant find him since hes in the middle of nowhere in the US.
His US journey was just a vacation. He's back in England now.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt

Fauna used to deliberately leave gummy bears out to become stale and eat them because she preferred it that way. Why are chuubas like this?

kestraline

Early Adopter
Rocket Launch VTuber is on again.

She was rather upset when it exploded yesterday.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Every single VTuber is mentally ill and I have yet to see any exceptions.
It's part of min/max optomization on character creation.
ticking Menhera SadGirl and Broken Dreams gives you a discount on the parasocial line of perks.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Fauna used to deliberately leave gummy bears out to become stale and eat them because she preferred it that way. Why are chuubas like this?

I dunno, that stuff doesn't really ever become 'stale', just slowly bleeds moisture and undergoes slow crystallization of the sugars as they separate from the emulsifiers. American sweets are so unbelievably sugary they basically never go bad, ever. Even if it dissolves, it's just a liquid form of the same sugary compounds. Really makes you wonder what kind of fuckery it does to your system when natural bacteria refuse to touch it for months :)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
His US journey was just a vacation. He's back in England now.
The poor sod. Can't somebody spare him a greencard?

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt

3efwu7.jpg

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
The poor sod. Can't somebody spare him a greencard?

Just tell him to fly to Mexico and cross illegally. Faster, easier, and you can still work and benefit from integration programs.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Enna, I love you, but you’re being an idiot. Let the man criticize your friend. He wasn’t even being an asshole,
Also I like this account but man are the replies braindead a lot of times

Enna is my favourite in Ethyria but she can be a little...like that sometimes. On an unrelated note, I used to like Kyo on his own but after the Zaion incident I can't really see him the same way anymore - not that I don't want him to succeed, I just think he could use quite some character development.

EDIT: Though Hff201 is right about it being sent with money instead of a normal comment, which puts the streamer on the spot and makes things awkward.
I can see why people would agree or disagree with the sentiment here. On one hand a streamer who is heavily dependent on someone else won't have much of an identity of their own, and fans of one but not the other might tire of seeing someone they don't care for showing up all the time; on the other, from the clips I've seen they do seem to have a genuinely entertaining dynamic together so I imagine a lot of their fans want them to collaborate as often as possible.

My contention with the comment isn't so much what it's saying, but that it's sent as a superchat. Money being attached puts more pressure on the streamer to acknowledge it in the moment, and seeing it highlighted live can bring down the mood for other viewers who're enjoying the stream. It's more tactful to leave critical feedback as a comment on the VoD after the stream's over, so they can choose whether to take it into account and/or address it in their own time.
I didn't have anything to say during the discussion about "negativity" a while back, but this brought back something I've been thinking about.

One thing to keep in mind is that the people we dislike are often our oshis' colleagues and friends. E.g. ITT we have chumbuds who dislike Calli, teamates who dislike Silvervale, Nijifrens who dislike Uki or Kyo, etc. To say nothing of autistic RIEEEE'ing.

But this creates a dilemma for the streamer. Someone criticises you? You can tell yourself (rightly or wrongly) that they're not your fan. Someone who is your fan criticises your friend? Harder to reconcile.

This is fine. Friendship isn't transitive. (tl;dr Your friends are not automatically friends with each other, and you don't automatically like all your friends' friends.) Fandom and parasocial relationships are even less so. But at the same time, we can't expect the streamers to like seeing criticism of their friends or approve of it. So - time and place. I agree that comment should have been a comment on the VOD rather than a superchat. And even in places that aren't the streamer's "territory", like here, there's being critical, and there's being a sperg.

C'est la vie.

Iroha and Zeta are cute.

Last edited:

hololive ruined /jp/

I have no doubt that her know-how regarding a bunch of dead MMOs and stuffed bear plushies will certainly help in a life-or-death survival scenario. That expertise is crucial.
For a woman who has a rep for being a dirty neet, her feet are clean and spotless. clean skin, trimmed nails, free of toejam and fungus.

thoae 10 piggies are worth their weight in expired mres and buckets of dry food.

you know what i mean

BEEG Booba Fishing

Reine's VR stream starting

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

This is just her way of letting people know she digs older men, like really old.
Don't get your hopes up though by old I mean "I own a F1 racing team and pilot my own helicopter on the weekends" old.

MyName

While listening to the myth colab I realized I need to hear David Mitchell's reaction to being informed what a Vtuber is.
(for the Yanks, David Mitchell is a British comedian that is one of the team captains on Would I lie to you on which Kiara's show was based on)

paul

Early Adopter
Shiina's schedual is up! Cute Art too!

View attachment 15781
>Mc Donald's lore stream....View attachment 15782 PSA do not fuck with Shiina's Mc Donald's :shiinastare:
Thanks, that reminds me of some cursed Ollie fan art because she talked about having a crush for Ronald McDonald when she was young.
7770kgpl91ma1.jpg
context:

Bettel did anything special last week to be in the top earners?
Bettel seems to have the highest ccv and superchat earning of Vanguard.
She was rather upset when it exploded yesterday.
I know that the H3 was the first new rocket that the japs developed in the last 30 years and it was already delayed multiple time. But her love for rockets is really the pinnacle of autism.

You weren't kidding when you said Kronii was almost impossible to understand.

I think I need a few days off around 4th fes. I can barely keep up the thread, not mention to watch entire streams. My backlog is growing every single day...

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I dunno, that stuff doesn't really ever become 'stale', just slowly bleeds moisture and undergoes slow crystallization of the sugars as they separate from the emulsifiers. American sweets are so unbelievably sugary they basically never go bad, ever. Even if it dissolves, it's just a liquid form of the same sugary compounds. Really makes you wonder what kind of fuckery it does to your system when natural bacteria refuse to touch it for months :)
To be fair, jam/jelly/honey/syrup work on the same preservative principle.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Don't think it was mentioned yet but Boogey Voxx had their last youtube 3D live yesterday.

They officially separated after this but announced that they're doing a final event together in May. I'm assuming this will be a paid event since they specified that yesterday's live was the last one on youtube.

Ci's already rebranded:

And here's her youtube channel. Nothing uploaded as of yet:
https://youtube.com/@cichanofficial

I never bothered to get into them before this but Calli's 3D got me more emotional than I thought and their own 3D live was pretty good. Already subbed to Ci's channel and will probably do the same for Fra whenever he announces his rebranding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom