"And if raw piss is good enough for Bear Grylls, doggone it, it's good enough for me"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
My autistic two cents about holoalternative. If hololive tries to make an twitch/youtube alternative they will fail miserably, on the west at least.

Keep in mind that HoloTube wouldn't have to be a Twitch/YouTube alternative. It just has to host the HoloLive talents in terms of video creation. That means there's going to be predictable numbers in terms of how much disk space and bandwidth will be consumed every day, and it means they don't have to worry about anyone in the entire world signing up and streaming copyrighted material or worse. They have to moderate chat and comments from watchers, sure, but they already have to do that. And there are already white-label video hosting and streaming services to help with a lot of this. Amazon can basically sell you a white-label Twitch if you have the money. This really isn't as hard a problem as it seems.

I'm not sure if she had anything to say about it, since I'm a filthy 日本五下手外人, but she did mistakenly refer to "Voice 1" as the "male" voice and didn't seem too impressed by the voice pitching. Again, how is this a thing in a 2023 AAA release? She also had a little chuckle after realizing that "Witch" and "Wizard" are just code names for sex :unsure:

Interestingly I see in Japanese they use 魔女 for "witch," with the first character meaning "magic" and the second being just "woman." "Wizard" was "魔法使い" which is literally "magic-user." Make of that what you will.

Also on the subject of making of it what you will, earlier today Nyaru retweeted (again) this clip from last month.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

A clip about Flare not liking how she is related to bows and being in archer in official works. She doesn't hate bows, but doesn't enjoy that representation of her and had no input on how she was represented when Cover put out the holoalt vids and her figure. She doesn't mind fan art, but chooses not to interact with bow based fan art and sees nothing wrong with being a fire spell caster or something. Makes me wonder why she can't bring this up with Cover since they seem to be good about respecting how their talents want to be represented for the most part. Maybe she has and this is one of the times they were not?

I'm hoping she brings it up with management or if she already has, fights for it harder. Flare's always cared more about her lore than most other chuubas. Like insisting that she's a half-elf with brown skin and that she doesn't like being called a dark elf (which makes sense since dark elves in most media are evil, horny or both). Also the image of Flare using blue fire with her current main outfit is pretty cool.

Ensok

Early Adopter

A clip about Flare not liking how she is related to bows and being in archer in official works. She doesn't hate bows, but doesn't enjoy that representation of her and had no input on how she was represented when Cover put out the holoalt vids and her figure. She doesn't mind fan art, but chooses not to interact with bow based fan art and sees nothing wrong with being a fire spell caster or something. Makes me wonder why she can't bring this up with Cover since they seem to be good about respecting how their talents want to be represented for the most part. Maybe she has and this is one of the times they were not?

Elves being paired with bows is just a big cliche, you see it everywhere. Blame Tolkien.

this shit

fuck it
This just in. Coping is in full swing on Twitter, as some people are starting to claim the Hogwards harrassment campaign is a "Right-wing Psyop"

View attachment 14049

Dude the doxxing on the vshojo girls was posted on the thread by the guy that Pippa retweeted that was sperging about kids transitioning, he was posted here too what the fuck.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
This just in. Coping is in full swing on Twitter, as some people are starting to claim the Hogwards harrassment campaign is a "Right-wing Psyop"
I guess its either purposely wrong to try to keep spinning the victim narrative or they can't understand that 90% of the internet is against them.

I'm of glad a lot of this "cancelling" crap is starting to lose effectiveness and people are pushing back against it. Was a matter of time but its nice to see.

Piarro

Early Adopter
Dude the doxxing on the vshojo girls was posted on the thread by the guy that Pippa retweeted that was sperging about kids transitioning, he was posted here too what the fuck.
wyattmouse.png
It's true. Wtf did Ironmouse do :deztheroom:

Archive

Netscaper

Early Adopter

paul

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Elves being paired with bows is just a big cliche, you see it everywhere. Blame Tolkien.
*Internal nerd rage*
Blame peter jackson, if you actually read tolkien most elves use both bows AND swords. Actually, most of the big famous swords in the story are elven-made.
This whole "tree hugging, bow shooting, smug-ass elves" thing mainly comes from DnD, other fantasy authors that took inspiration from tolkien and the PJ movies, most of tolkien's elves are essentially humans but really long lived and more powerful, most of em aren't even blonde or have blue eyes!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
YouTubeTok shoved this in my face today.

Presented without comment

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
View attachment 14056
It's true. Wtf did Ironmouse do :deztheroom:

Archive
I feel like mouse having a daughter is one of the worst kept vtuber secrets that can still get you yeeted for discussing it on /vt/ for some reason. Like I knew that shit way back in 2020 and it was only kept "hush hush" to the extent that they frowned upon retards blasting it all over the discord, just a "secret" that anyone who had watched her for a while knew. The cheating rumors are new to me but I'm not all that surprised - still though I don't think she has ever sold herself as a seiso wonderful innocent girl lol she might not talk about whatever happened but I've never heard her portray herself as anything other than a perpetually horny gremlin.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I doubt YT streams and videos are going anywhere, discovery will always be better on a platform with 4 billion users, and Cover knows that.

But on their own platform they don't have to deal with things like ContentID, random channel deletion, YT going nuts over swimsuit outfits, etc. Or more interactive 3d content that's no within YT's tech yet. And they have freedom to monetize in different ways like ticket prices or attached merch. So more it's just a second distribution pipeline for content that is annoying to deal with on YT, and if they can simulcast everything there and capture some fans on that platform they can stuff more merch or digital asset purchases down their throats.

All those are nice. But the capital expenditure on the backend is what will bankrupt most companies that do not have the infinite money pool that Youtube gets from Alphabet/Google. Hardware, maintenance, software and dedicated developers and engineers just to maintain, update & continuously develop the platform - you're basically talking about a separate capital intensive division that burns cash more than what your streamers/talents bring in.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
How not to meet your idol, a lesson by Kiara

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230218-171021-977.png

If any of you are membered to Katta, she has transitioned from turbolewd mode to sharing cute stories from her school years. There's something infectious about her laugh because you can tell she really laughs will full heart.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

View attachment 14049

I've witnessed it first hand from some trans and alphabet people I've known for quite some time now. It's certainly not a psy op, but there may be people utilizing the situation to do so. This kind of fantasyland bubble doesn't surprise me though, plenty of people trans and cis can't fathom there's more going on in the world than what occurs in their narrow, ignorant field of vision.

Nolan, I remember when you were such a pure, whimsical little autistic baby that seemed entirely above the puerile and churlish shitflinging we debased ourselves with.

You're still a little autistic baby but it's funny to see you mocking a cockstarved limey's downward spiral without prompting.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Nolan, I remember when you were such a pure, whimsical little autistic baby that seemed entirely above the puerile and churlish shitflinging we debased ourselves with.

You're still a little autistic baby but it's funny to see you mocking a cockstarved limey's downward spiral without prompting.
They grow up so fast :smugpipi::gurahalloween:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I feel like mouse having a daughter is one of the worst kept vtuber secrets that can still get you yeeted for discussing it on /vt/ for some reason. Like I knew that shit way back in 2020 and it was only kept "hush hush" to the extent that they frowned upon retards blasting it all over the discord, just a "secret" that anyone who had watched her for a while knew. The cheating rumors are new to me but I'm not all that surprised - still though I don't think she has ever sold herself as a seiso wonderful innocent girl lol she might not talk about whatever happened but I've never heard her portray herself as anything other than a perpetually horny gremlin.
I know jack shit about Ironmouse and jack just left town, but isn't she a complete bubble baby who is at serious risk of illness or death should she get exposed to the wrong germ? How does she survive unprotected sex, let alone childbirth? And how the fuck does she get around enough to cheat on her husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom