"The robot from Yo Gabba Gabba is lowkey kinda hot"Amaris Yuri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Seems exKR management is dogshit, while exID had a better management for a overseas branch.
Before merge, yes. Toxic work enviroment with one of the talent (as mentioned by kukkia above), then their rather interesting yet flawed idea of making a "gen 2.5" by inviting a completely different indie group as Nijisanji KR wave (and resulted in another drama where one of the talent tried to cause issue with one another from KR gen 1), and the management not being able to essentially aid and advertise the KR talent around, resulting with some of them decided to graduate and searching for better pasture/career.

ID, meanwhile, is known for somewhat over-protective, but is able to get their shit done to some degree. They were at least able to promote their 2nd wave launch on a somewhat big local convention back then (2019) with a big booth and letting them debuting on the convention stage, and doing local-focused events like their programs on Islamic holy month where they do short streams before 6PM to prepare for the end of fasting each day. So they at least get some decent aid, in contrast of what they have post-merge.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Kinda makes me wonder if hololive just has less drama or if they're more professional mitigating the drama.
Neither, holo has had plenty of fucking drama and 2022 was honestly nijis's year in the spotlight while holo has been stagnating (in the EN side of things)
The only reason people are questioning niji's management rn is because they have had a lot of drama in a short amount of time, most of which would have been brushed off as nothingburgers if they happened far apart instead of in the same month.

Yes, i just defended the nijiYamanbas.
No, i have no shame

RiverBear

Neither, holo has had plenty of fucking drama and 2022 was honestly nijis's year in the spotlight while holo has been stagnating (in the EN side of things)
The only reason people are questioning niji's management rn is because they have had a lot of drama in a short amount of time, most of which would have been brushed off as nothingburgers if they happened far apart instead of in the same month.

Yes, i just defended the nijiYamanbas.
No, i have no shame
This is why no one likes you

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Nami is going to try eating a whole cake.:architect:
FoxvRG1XEAAKNXz.jpg

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I'm curious about the NijiID ex-managerment being overprotective part, any specific examples? I wonder if that was one of the reasons they didn't see much growth compared to their competitors.

UberSoldat

Anyone wanna watch Scarle mald?

EDIT: You're telling me she made it this far into the game and still has no grasp over the basic controls? Oh she's on mouse and keyboard

Most of NijiEN on break around Valentine's.................. 🤔

Last edited:

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
Kinda makes me wonder if hololive just has less drama or if they're more professional mitigating the drama.
Probably the latter. The entire company, staff and talents alike, learned a lot from the Taiwan thing. On the other hand, does Niji have a yab on that magnitude happened to them yet? No, right?

kukkia

Early Adopter
I'm curious about the NijiID ex-managerment being overprotective part, any specific examples? I wonder if that was one of the reasons they didn't see much growth compared to their competitors.
This is a bit of hearsay but I've heard from people I do trust that they were a bit more thorough in really pushing hard for the ID livers to not stream in English (without banning it outright), which was probably a bad idea in hindsight. Not saying that this is the root of all their issues, but still.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Man, I can't even watch Gura's VOD without seeing this dumbass in the chat.
1676278065024.png

Goddamn greyname screaming about feet, too.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
I always see him saying dumb things in different chats. I should start just screenshotting them as I see them and posting them here.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
It honestly seems like Holo talents just have slightly better support. I think Holo may have more managers per talent than Niji, but they also probably have more restrictions.

In regards to exID, it seems like AnyColor merged them and axed all their management without properly replacing them, so they fell to the wayside.

Ironically, I have heard exKR is actually doing better since the merge, but that may be heresay.
I mean miyu graduates for a reason pretty much condensed as "I don't like how things are being handled now and I can't really do something to change it so I decide to leave" and the fact she's still in contact with pretty much all her close friends back in ex-ID's (Azura even went to update her on the current situation surrounding niji few weeks back).

The ID livers have been more tightly-knit as a whole compared to other branches due to how they operated before the merge, the local debuff might as well be part of their demise but they've also managed to win a lot of local fans side due to them being more "relatable" (which is why holoID had more visible local haters that like to stir shit) so it's no wonder the fans who have been watching them since day one would start to resent niji more once they realized the merge is beginning to eat away most of ex-IDs livers, especially now that the Hana thing happened
Meanwhile ex-KR might as well profit from this merger because they were already in pretty bad management back then, a total opposite of IDs situation

I think the NijiJP branch has been doing much better compared to their early years but as for the current state regarding EN and the merged talents, it's like witnessing a completely different side altogether due to how awfully different the situation is right now.

Edit: dang we're just 200 pages away from 2k

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

kukkia

Early Adopter
I think the NijiJP branch has been doing much better compared to their early years but as for the current state regarding EN and the merged talents, it's like witnessing a completely different side altogether due to how awfully different the situation is right now.
Yeah, one of the ironies of the past month is that while the foreign branches have been engulfed in drama the latest JP wave got off to a pretty good start, plus there various lives coming up and Nornis (the musical unit with Chima, Akane, and Toko) seems to be doing really well.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Mori talk stream finished, just a regular catchup in the "hotel pool" using her new outfit as a makeshift swimsuit. Personally, not a fan of the outfit, as an extension of not being a fan of sexualized content in general - so I mainly just listened in while playing the wizard game.

Big news is that there's going to be a Valentine's EN Visual Novel. I think she said within 24 hours, or less than 24 hours, but it'll be here soon. She also mentioned that she has been trying to get "Mori Wine" going for a long, long time now. She's still trying, not giving up.

As for the rest of the stream, talking about her most recent life experiences, I enjoyed most of it.

EDIT: Next music project from Universal in the works, she wants to take more time with it instead of rushing it out.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
View attachment 13393
Goddamn greyname screaming about feet, too.
Speaking of annoying chatters, this dude added a new wrinkle in the flag spam that he puts into the chat of every stream in existence:1676279641423.png
If I had to guess, he added the trans flag because of Harry Potter.
On a positive note, at least he seems to customize his 'hello' based on whose chat he's in now. He used to always just say a generic, "Hello (insert streamer name here)! *gay flag gay flag*"

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Speaking of annoying chatters, this dude added a new wrinkle in the flag spam that he puts into the chat of every stream in existence:View attachment 13394
If I had to guess, he added the trans flag because of Harry Potter.
On a positive note, at least he seems to customize his 'hello' based on whose chat he's in now. He used to always just say a generic, "Hello (insert streamer name here)! *gay flag gay flag*"
Same, I see this person in every member of Phase Connects chat. I always thought they were some sort of bot due to always typing the same introductory message and never typing again.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
continuing the "positive space" thread
Carlin was active during years where more people were getting more right, and he was really a fan of the concept that more people should have more rights. In the US a strong segment of the conservative party is actively fighting in favor of less people having less rights. There's a reactionary tidal wave of politicians that, would take away women's right to abort and trans women's right to get their meds. Carlin loved liberty and rights and hated conservatives, fact.

As he says in the clip you posted what matters is context, not the words. And I know for certain that some people that use "troons" here would really like troons to off themselves, I know that because they wrote it themselves. That's the context needed, that's where a word becomes hate speech. Some of the people here are hateful bigots and if you try to deny it you'd clown yourself because they would openly admit it.

So, going back full circle to the start of this digression: this is a place that tolerates hate speech and nobody in their right mind would call this place a positive one, not even Pippa

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

kukkia

Early Adopter
On the one hand something something copyright abuse, on the other hand seeing this guy's channel get a third strike would be very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom