General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Love how the only thing Phase Connect related that Youtube recommends me is an occasional Rie stream. I've clicked a couple just to see @superduper's oshi with my own eyes. I'm not watching this but I figure it was pretty urgent that @superduper should see this. I mean he must already be in the stream right? :smugselen:

This bitch whore should do karaoke streams more often, that way she isn't floundering to get to 3 view range.

UberSoldat

First I thought Uki was just being a moron but if she has to like compulsively be touching people all the time I understand his discomfort 100%.
This reminds me, didn't Nina get into some drama for her interactions with Luxiem members during their off-collab? Some Googling brought me to a link detailing her "yabs," including unbuttoning Luca's shirt without consent and making others in Luxiem uncomfortable in the off-collab. In that clip above, she confirms she's extroverted and "loves physical touch" so that must be where the issues stem from.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This reminds me, didn't Nina get into some drama for her interactions with Luxiem members during their off-collab? Some Googling brought me to a link detailing her "yabs," including unbuttoning Luca's shirt without consent and making others in Luxiem uncomfortable in the off-collab. In that clip above, she confirms she's extroverted and "loves physical touch" so that must be where the issues stem from.
yeah, that was spread by some tiktokers and Nyfco zoomers, it started on twitter but it didnt get any or much attention till the former started using it as a master list of grievances

soap suds

Perfume and cologne are actually a fairly common bit of weeb merch. I know that Niji has done multiple ones.
View attachment 13382View attachment 13384
Niji has a variety of merch. They've sold watches, wine, wrist wraps, etc. I remember that they sold scented Noctyx candles, but I don't know if they were scented to smell like the livers, and the one that sold out the fastest was Fuuchan. I think his was meant to be scented like rose or some shit.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
yeah, that was spread by some tiktokers and Nyfco zoomers, it started on twitter but it didnt get any or much attention till the former started using it as a master list of grievances
I'm not reading all that, looks like schizo shit. A bunch of jokes that go over terminally online people's heads

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Pink Woman chatting at the start of the hour

love me some Pink Woman

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
They say "support your oshi vtuber while you can", the same could be applied to them : "don't pass on an opportunity twice while you can" aka Hana Machia seems to have been definitively denied her 3D and she broke down about it, according to this (though I couldn't traceback from which stream or twitter space yet) :

From what we have heard, Nijisanji doesn't seem to pay any attention to them at all. So probably never.

Well, that was depressing. Can't help but feel bad for Hana.
I know I've been saying this for a few days now, but what in the fuck is AnyColor/Nijisanji even fucking doing? Can't help but wonder if we'll be hearing this from the EN side soon.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I know I've been saying this for a few days now, but what in the fuck is AnyColor/Nijisanji even fucking doing? Can't help but wonder if we'll be hearing this from the EN side soon.
trust ze plan
in 6 months they will have 20+ more chuubas out and half of EN sans Lazulight/Obsydia gone

RiverBear

They say "support your oshi vtuber while you can", the same could be applied to them : "don't pass on an opportunity twice while you can" aka Hana Machia seems to have been definitively denied her 3D and she broke down about it, according to this (though I couldn't traceback from which stream or twitter space yet) :
On one hand it must suck to to be part of NijiID, become the face of the entire branch and at one point be the most popular English speaking Vtuber only to have it all crash down and your company just have it all brushed to the side, and hope no one complains or leaves "by their own devices"

On the other hand, NIJI IS SLOWLY EATING ITSELF APART LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

They are doing the classic Japanese strategy of "banishment room" and hoping everyone in KR and ID quits without management having to do anything.
Kinda makes me wonder if hololive just has less drama or if they're more professional mitigating the drama.
Because YAGOO actually cares about his talents and supports them during the hard times.
Except Rushia. We don't talk about that one.

Last edited:

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Kinda makes me wonder if hololive just has less drama or if they're more professional mitigating the drama.

Jealous

Lurker

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It honestly seems like Holo talents just have slightly better support. I think Holo may have more managers per talent than Niji, but they also probably have more restrictions.

In regards to exID, it seems like AnyColor merged them and axed all their management without properly replacing them, so they fell to the wayside.

Ironically, I have heard exKR is actually doing better since the merge, but that may be heresay.

UberSoldat

On one hand it must suck to to be part of NijiID, become the face of the entire branch and at one point be the most popular English speaking Vtuber only to have it all crash down and your company just have it all brushed to the side, and hope no one complains or leaves "by their own devices"

On the other hand, NIJI IS SLOWLY EATING ITSELF APART LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
TBF Hana intentionally stunted her own growth instead of capitalizing on it. IIRC she didn't like going viral because of the Mick Gordon Doom stream.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Wow, I think ever since NijiEN debuted most of the other non-JP are relegated to the sides and not being given a chance anymore at this point.

Even though Hololive have huge drama that affect their whole line-up at the very least they tried their best, and from what Hana said in this voice clip, Niji just doesn't care anymore. I mean not giving one of your first ID members at the very least 3D debut stream is scummy. Really paints them as profit first company, not a passion driven company anymore.

Just hope any vtuber agency doesn't go down that path. This is what happens when you prioritize quantity.

It honestly seems like Holo talents just have slightly better support. I think Holo may have more managers per talent than Niji, but they also probably have more restrictions.

In regards to exID, it seems like AnyColor merged them and axed all their management without properly replacing them, so they fell to the wayside.

Ironically, I have heard exKR is actually doing better since the merge, but that may be heresay.
Seems exKR management is dogshit, while exID had a better management for a overseas branch.

Holo branch that haven't gotten 3D is ID gen 3, and Tempus. That's a really good development pipeline if I can say about it. The artists are not bogged down with work and the staffs are not running around like chickens without their heads. Slow and steady rather than accelerate.

Last edited:

stassy

Less workers, more "manageable" though we know from Marine Holocure stream that they were and still are under staffed and even with that they still can't prevent super drama from happening and it will be amplified since it will be on the spotlight instead of less popular streamer who will "quietly" quit.

Also from a professional point of view, unless you are pekora who trashtalk her managers proposals into the bin, refusing a job twice might have put her in a blacklist ala "if you don't take our offer, there are plenty of others who will accept it"

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Probably a bit of a and a bit of b. From a raw probability standpoint, not introducing another wave every fucking month means shit is less likely to kick off.

RiverBear

TBF Hana intentionally stunted her own growth instead of capitalizing on it. IIRC she didn't like going viral because of the Mick Gordon Doom stream.
We've seen this multiple times within Niji.

mfl8bj9856c51.jpg
3hrbny.jpg
These two are the ones off the top of my head that blew up and would have given Niji reach outside of their regular Vtuber watching fanbase but they did nothing with it.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Hololive used to have actual drama. Like management being forced to apologize for incompetency due to the permissions issues, or failing to provide support to Mel when she had a stalker until she lawyered up (if Vox comes out with a statement like Mel did people will crucify Anycolor). Difference is that Hololive seems to have improved a lot. I think Nijisanji has improved when it comes to handling JP talents but is very inconsistent otherwise. The goodwill Hololive has means that minor incidents can be swept under the rug. If one of the NijiEN talents gets caught selling traced artwork for example it'd be quite a huge deal even if they apologized to the artist. A Hololive talent more or less got away with without being flamed.

I think KR ironically benefitted in a way from not really having as much of a strong branch identity or sense of unity prior to the merge, meaning that the people who weren't interested in continuing on left. Given how many of them graduated prior to the merge it is relatively safe to say that the ones who stuck around are ones who were fine with just being thrown into the general pool of JP livers. They went from bad management + a probably toxic environment (with Ara and whatnot) to what at most seems to just be fairly hands-off management and not much toxicity.

In terms of how they're doing, they're mostly still chilling in the bottom half of the chart in terms of subscriber account (with Ryu Hari being last) but a fair amount of them (Seffyna, Nari, Nagi, Ha Yun, etc) have carved out pretty loyal followings and seem happy enough. I can't know what they are thinking but we haven't seen the sort of passive aggressiveness that we've seen from the ID livers.

ID meanwhile stuck together, probably in part because they had a much more cohesive identity and sense of camaraderie. The result though is that they might have stuck it out for sentimental reasons instead of realizing what what clear for just about anyone to see - the merger meant no more Nijisanji ID, plain and simple. If Anycolor wasn't going to change anything, they wouldn't have done the merger. ID went from pretty hands-on (though arguably a bit overly controlling) management that made them feel, well, taken care of, to hands-off management.

If you were looking only at numbers you probably couldn't say that ID is doing worse than KR since the merger. ID numbers haven't really fallen off or anything. They were pretty low before the merger, and pretty low now. Even with the support they were getting they were trailing far behind the likes of HoloID and Maha5. But the other things besides numbers seem to have contributed to a positive environment prior to the merger, and those are gone now.

Basically, KR's low point was well before the merger. The ones who are still around are ones who remained through that period. ID, on the other hand... well I wouldn't be surprised if it's their turn to have a ton of graduations.

These two are the ones off the top of my head that blew up and would have given Niji reach outside of their regular Vtuber watching fanbase but they did nothing with it.

Difference is that the JK-gumi girls don't speak English and thus probably wouldn't have converted a slight meme bump into anything long-term, especially given that this was back in 2018. It's like if Miko's "nigga" moment was just a one-off - it would have led to memes, a brief bit of interest, and that's about it. The difference here is not with the decisions of the talents but the timing and response by the company. Single members rarely ever lift entire branches or agencies on their own, and single memes definitely don't (otherwise "winning son" meme would have made Holostars massive).

Last edited:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

soap suds

They have been doing better since the merge, but it has nothing to do with the main Niji management treating them well. They went from having management that was abusive and didn't care that many of the livers were getting bullied by their coworker to management that's hands-off but at least cares a bit. The one exKR I watch, Ha Yun, has mentioned once or twice about how he's much happier nowadays because he can collab with JP senpai without worry and how he feels like he can breathe a little more. A lot of exKR got a boost from the merge, even if it was small for some, so overall it wasn't bad for them, unlike the situation with exID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom