"What is three times nine? In a german sense it's 'I really don't wanna deal with your shit' because three times nine is 'NEIN NEIN NEIN' in german"Takanashi Kiara

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piarro

Early Adopter
Have part 2 of Kiara trying to get Gura to kiss her and Gura chickening out

a-surprise-to-be-sure-star-wars.gif

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Not saying that it's inherently wrong to be negative or anything, but yes TVA is a fairly negative site. Of course we post positively about vtubers much more than we post negatively about vtubers, but we post negatively about vtubers more than most other places (barring /vt/ which shouldn't even be in the conversation) and of course you can make the argument that all of the vtubers we talk shit about made real mistakes that deserve to be shittalked, but how do you think reading that stuff makes someone in Pippa's position feel? A lot of people seem to have shifted opinion on Vesper for the crime of uh, what was it again, missing 2 or 3 streams? And he missed those streams as a result of mental health issues, which (as we are all painfully aware of) Pippa also struggles with. Someone like Pippa is going to look at that and think "oh shit these people could turn on me at a moment's notice too" which isn't a great thought to have, so it really shouldn't be that surprising that she considers us too negative for her taste.
I think the "negativity" is heavily influenced by the awkward position reading through a more unfiltered forum like this puts a corpo vtuber in. It's perfectly normal as a fan to speculate about and critique streamers we watch, but for the streamers themselves I can't imagine it's pleasant seeing people gossiping about their friends and coworkers. Seeing criticism they disagree with while being contractually banned from adding context or clearing up misconceptions must be painfully frustrating, and seeing people echo criticism they do at least somewhat agree with regularly probably just makes their interactions with the respective people more uncomfortable.

I obviously like this forum a lot and I think it needs to exist to add other perspectives to a mostly corporate-controlled entertainment industry, but it's not what Pippa's looking for in particular when she says she wants to see more positive vtuber fan spaces.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Re: the discussion that TVA has a negative vibe

I wouldn't call it negative tbh, I'd call it objective. We shitpost and have fun and act like edgelords but anyone who spends more than 5 minutes here can probably tell it's much more positive than negative. There are very few vtubers that actually get dogpiled on or anti'd here, and the few that do like Rie probably get off on it, sick freaks. If people like Pippa wanted a place where every post would be forcibly, obnoxiously positive, they would just go to reddit, where jannies filter and ban anything approaching real discussion. Yes we say wrongthink words and can be critical, but you know what? That's considered useful information for these folks. If some vtuber is having awkward interactions or fucking up or not a great singer etc, better they read it here where it's just some light ribbing and shitposting, than get bombarded by antis on /vt/ or get told uWu noooo you did nothing wrong everrrr by simps on reddit, and they can use that to improve where they need or want to improve.

If Pippa or anyone else is not wanting to single this place out or reference it positively I feel it's much more likely because of our more relaxed stance on things like PL and the fact most of us hail from the homeland, which is instantly recognizable among our moral enemies, who these girls also market themselves to. Pippa has already caught shit for even looking at the place on stream, as soon as anyone made the connection that this became the bunker for people from the homeland, she'd get just as much shit for being positive to this place on stream.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think the "negativity" is heavily influenced by the awkward position reading through a more unfiltered forum like this puts a corpo vtuber in. It's perfectly normal as a fan to speculate about and critique streamers we watch, but for the streamers themselves I can't imagine it's pleasant seeing people gossiping about their friends and coworkers. Seeing criticism they disagree with while being contractually banned from adding context or clearing up misconceptions must be painfully frustrating, and seeing people echo criticism they do at least somewhat agree with regularly probably just makes their interactions with the respective people more uncomfortable.

I obviously like this forum a lot and I think it needs to exist to add other perspectives to a mostly corporate-controlled entertainment industry, but it's not what Pippa's looking for in particular when she says she wants to see more positive vtuber fan spaces.
Idk what pippa even meant by that, it's not like she's a saint who has never commented on the meta of the community or made sly jabs at certain people like we do, and i bet she doesn't air her less than savory opinions simply because she knows a lot of people would get mad and she's a corpo chuuba.

It just came out as sorta hypocritical for someone who has an edgy audience who frequents these sorts of places, don't forget that many people who don't know better call her the "4chan vtuber".

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Idk what pippa even meant by that
In the same stream she says that she wants a place that's fully positive to discuss vtubers without the drama, and then very clearly implies that the indie scene sucks, how some people dislike her and don't want her to raid into them, and that it probably would've been better if the tools to become a vtuber weren't available to everyone. So I think she's right there with you.

paul

Early Adopter
Don't think this places is overly negative. If you like something you will and should also criticize things that are worthy of criticism. It's the same thing with everything else (like your favorite sport club). Joking/clowning/shitposting is also part of it, I see no problem in this.
I miss mamaloni. She really draws the best Kiaras
Blessed be her schizo lesbian soul

I like that quite a few of the EN girls have that one god-tier artist that just really really likes drawing fanart of them

For Kiara its Mamaloni

For Calli its Set7

Kronii has QUASARCAKE

I'm sure there are more for the other members, but those are the ones I can think of of the top of my head

Quite a few of Ina's artist got corrupted by the 4th wah (like Koahri or Keisea) but wishbone remains true to his roots

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Quasarcake draws just about anyone, not just kroney

Ame bus by quasarcake.jpg

Fauna 3D model by Anomdayo and Quasarcake.jpg

Ollie with sword quasarcake.jpg

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Quick, someone tell her they modded the troon voice out. She should install it before she gets there =P
If any vtuber actually streams with this active, I will fully commit to them being my full time oshi.

Untitled.png

LMAO of course Nexus removed it. I'll put up a copy in case anyone here plays the funny wizard game.

Attachments

• Sirona English Voice Bugfix-73-1-0-1676144913.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

I finally realized I really can't be just like vesper, fr fr. I can't believe I hadn't put two and two together for so long.
I don't know how to ride a bike.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
If people like Pippa wanted a place where every post would be forcibly, obnoxiously positive, they would just go to reddit, where jannies filter and ban anything approaching real discussion.
The problem there is those communities aren't positive, they're performatively positive. They'll make themselves look good to outsiders, but the minute someone steps out of line they'll turn into the nastiest, most malicious people you've ever seen.

Idk what pippa even meant by that, it's not like she's a saint who has never commented on the meta of the community or made sly jabs at certain people like we do, and i bet she doesn't air her less than savory opinions simply because she knows a lot of people would get mad and she's a corpo chuuba.

It just came out as sorta hypocritical for someone who has an edgy audience who frequents these sorts of places, don't forget that many people who don't know better call her the "4chan vtuber".
What Pippa wants is somewhere where one person will post a clip of Watame and then a hundred more will comment underneath saying she's cute, repeated all day every day. That's all there is to it, it was just buried under multiple layers of pipkin.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Piarro

Early Adopter
If you like something you will and should also criticize things that are worthy of criticism.
A lot of people do not agree with TVA on what constitutes being worthy of criticism. Pippa is probably one of these, as she has perspective in the industry that none of us have. And as Hff201 said, it's very likely that we are complaining about some things that Pippa 100% knows are bullshit, but she can't say anything for obvious reasons.

kukkia

Early Adopter
In any case I can imagine that coming here would be a bit weird for Pippa because so many people here are obsessed with her.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
TVA is basically the KF vtuber thread except the direct connection to her KF-based visibility boost early on is no longer there.

Basically, the rose-tinted glasses come off.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
IRyS doing a members only song learning stream later today. She just tweeted this and it's....6 am JP time.
1676150533891.png
link

Edit: Also, I can't remember if it was mentioned here, but IRyS is a gold-farming machine in Holocure. There's a stamp that has a 20% chance to make enemies drop gold every time you hit them, and IRyS shoots ~20 projectiles per shot. It's pretty much a shower of gold.
1676158466971.png

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spidor is having a V-day unarchived karaoke soon.

I will, of course, archive it although that thumbnail is a bit too much for me.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Amiya is do an unarchived karaoke in 15 minutes

That thumbnail tho :shiinastare:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Pomu is talking about Metal Gear, because of course she does

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Spidor is having a V-day unarchived karaoke soon.

I will, of course, archive it although that thumbnail is a bit too much for me.

Amiya is do an unarchived karaoke in 15 minutes

That thumbnail tho :shiinastare:

Does that thumbnail count as ryona? Looks like she stitched together the skin above her cleavage.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom