"Hey, you, you under 25 or over 25? Leonardo Dicaprio wants to know your location"Shiori Novella

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This is probably the strangest tweet ive seen from a chuuba/orbiter

BoSheep, aka lewdtuber Cimrai's new persona after she went menhera, for some reason posted some randy facts about her sex life

Screenshot_20230130_171718_Twitter.jpg

Keep in mind she gave one of her daughters (unsure if she is of age, i hope so) a similar rig to her and has done streams with her

So, just kinda bizzare and TMI

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Ina says she might trade her eevee evolutions (which are mostly named Takodachi1, Takodachi2, etc.) to viewers in exchange for rare and/or version exclusive pokemon.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Listen to this one, really uncanny how close it sounds
View attachment 12090
Forgot to post the latest Pekora Mains Fate Zero watchalong (ep. 6-8)

This is better, but it still wouldn't trick me. The voice is still off a bit the only part that really sounded like Vesper to me is the Jesus Christ at the end, but even more telling is the lack of pause, the fake voice has almost no pauses (a bit like Morty from Rick and Morty) but Vesper seems to pause even more than the average individual even when he is excited.

The Vesper AI voice sounds pretty close especially some of the more edited versions but holy shit the Magni one sounds dead on to my ears it's insane.

View attachment 12093

This one is much better, the Magni portion might convince me if it wasn't still missing somethings from Magni's speech patterns, when he is excited his voice tends to raise in octaves (is that the right word). Like it goes from a overall midrange voice (not deep but not high) to something much higher, like when Kiara or Kronii squawk, sometimes the most excited word doesn't even properly register as words and my brain just categorizes it as noise. Also he tends to draw out his filler words like um a bit more than this.

The Vesper side is the best of the three, but his voice is still kind of flat and there are still a lack of his natural pauses.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
@Titanosaurus , weird how you didn't post that tweet where shiina is showing her nails by accident. Are you ok?

FnwZboXakAAbQcm

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Ok, yes, true...but...
Can anyone make a case for actually buying the streaming tickets? It's like, $150 for both days (I'd want to support Mumei too). I'd happily (and recklessly) spend $150 on an IRyS merch drop or something, because I want to support the talents, but even if every last cent from the ticket price went to the talents, it's just over $2 each. That is not a very good ratio of 'spending' to 'supporting the people I want to support' for me.

To each their own, everyone's tastes are different, blah n blah....

For me, the yearly-ish concert IS Hololive. To finally see your favorite personality on stage, singing and dancing, feels like a cap to the year you've spent with them. (Or perhaps, a celebration of the year to come) Link your Wish was the first time I purchased streaming concert tickets of any kind. I've only had experience with the "flat" screen with the artist on it (ala Miku), so the AR tech they used for the stream totally blew me away!

Yeah, it was a shity situation (and still is mainly), but I had to "be there live" for Myth's 3D debut. And yes, Myth in 3D was fantastic; but there were so many performances that were amazing I wasn't expecting. Like, who would have thought that after following up the EN girls, Moona's performance would BLOW them out of the water?! (moonafics knew) Korone with her "Did this doog just do a flip!?" And on Day 2, hearing Risu's Alice&U performance was worth the day 2 price of admission alone.

This year, we again have 8 girls having their 3D debuts during OBP; and when we add in HoloX, that's 13 new talents making their first HoloFES appearance. Adding the 3rd stage (which they had to do with this many talents) makes the price-per-stage basically the same as last year (~$50) IMO, that's a good price for the entertainment I'll receive from this event.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Another one bites the dust. Small corpo TomoPulse, which had member Benjamin Datum participate in that mega-collab Nyaru was in yesterday, is now defunct.

This one has an interesting message about the difficulty of the industry included. Image copied and attached below.

View attachment 12113

One of them is a big Phase Connect fan:

A lot of fishman art that seems to be inspired from the Phase Connect general, also not shy about her face being out there.

kestraline

Early Adopter

A lot of fishman art that seems to be inspired from the Phase Connect general, also not shy about her face being out there.
I wonder if she graduated more so she could apply for Gen 3 specifically and get one of fishman's models instead.

Truly a devotion to the shrimping of sakana.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

She apparently acquired the Tenma standee from Anime Expo. :whatastory: She's definitely a fan on another level.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I decided to rewatch Wemi's debut for no reason in particular and I've come to realize her model has so much detail and so many toggles that she never uses at all. She can change her hair color to whatever she wants and even make RGB but she never does. I wish she would play around with it a little more.

I'm reminded of some speculation I read when wemi debuted, about Shura telling stories about breaking household items accidently because she's too strong and that maybe she's not such a tiny Malaysian girl as we would assume?
Real?

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I decided to rewatch Wemi's debut for no reason in particular and I've come to realize her model has so much detail and so many toggles that she never uses at all. She can change her hair color to whatever she wants and even make RGB but she never does. I wish she would play around with it a little more
She uses that for her shorts.

Orange wooman good ^_^

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
@Titanosaurus , weird how you didn't post that tweet where shiina is showing her nails by accident. Are you ok?
I was busy :wtfman::shiinawangy:
shiinaready.PNG
:pippasquish:
Shops Marshalls clearance section. Another clue?
:shiinastare:Abort operation discount shampoo Memaw you have been discovered!
No, speculation, like she said "I always break my thing cause I'm too strong" and people were guessing maybe she's a big strong girl. It's just funny in the context of her chasing down a bad driver and beating them up, which is outlandish unless maybe she's a big strong girl.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
The Vesper AI voice sounds pretty close especially some of the more edited versions but holy shit the Magni one sounds dead on to my ears it's insane.

View attachment 12093
I think the biggest tell with the AI Vespers is they have spots where they pronounce things too fast while Vesper would pronounce it slightly slower.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
The model was designed by a long time hardcore fan, so that was heartwarming. Design is a bit..... sigh....
It hurt to see people calling your oshi's newest outfit a whore and you can't really defend her, man.
I'm coping as hard as humanly possible
Rrat: Selen isn't outcast from the group. She just doesn't care to involve herself in sshenanigans
Selen has a good head on her shoulders. She seems like one of the few well adjusted vtubers from what ive seen of her.
tfw you have 10 browser tabs open and it uses like 7 gb of ram
Chrome fag spotted :selenpointandlaugh:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
So, Mika's roommate (as in the woman who actually lives with her) made a youtube account to chat in her stream a couple of days ago and as of this writing she has 19.4k subs. Kind of nutty, but interesting.
View attachment 12088

Makes me think of those channels that try to get 1 million subs without ever posting a video. She has more subs that a couple of my favorite 2views....
She created a twitter profile too.

MikaRoomie2.jpeg
And she already received some fanarts.
FnveKaOagAIJo7M.jpg
FnvWHGeaIAAp0GG.jpg
FnvW5f_acAAmeEY.jpg

RiverBear

She's a streamer so i can understand the surprise, but most people don't have the technical knowhow, the money or any interest in getting more than 12-24 ram
16-24 is what most people would use tbh, any more is mostly reserved for people that graphic design or 3d render.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Can anyone make a case for actually buying the streaming tickets? It's like, $150 for both days (I'd want to support Mumei too). I'd happily (and recklessly) spend $150 on an IRyS merch drop or something, because I want to support the talents, but even if every last cent from the ticket price went to the talents, it's just over $2 each. That is not a very good ratio of 'spending' to 'supporting the people I want to support' for me.
I see it as 150$ for two 4h concerts and a 2-3h long bonus concert (don't really know how long the Deco*27 stage will be)
If you consider how long the Holofes concerts are (3rd Fes was a total of 6 hours long), thats pretty good bang for your buck. Most big-name celebrity concerts here cost the same but are at most 2 hours long.
With 13 new appearances and a wholly new stage, I can see 4th Fes being a total of 8-10h long. Thats a lot live music performance!
Yes, the price is steep but if you just limit yourself to the one day with your Oshi, then thats 50$ and thats a fair price imo

But even if officially you aren't supposed to, I do keep my private copy of the VODs of the Fes because I do occasionally re-watch them

Kiara will Iron her clothes for content this week, as well as a Mumei collab

also WACTOR drama keeps spilling over into my TL but since I dont speak spic, I still cant piece it all together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom