"Oh my god lol I'm actually just the main character of this game but with less tattoos, and no penis"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The problem of course is that he showed up for the collab with the girls to 22k+ people under the exact same circumstances so every excuse he makes just doesn't land for me. He showed up and saw that one through but suddenly he's too anxious to let his genmates know he can't make a collab? Uhhh...
Wasnt the monopoly collab 100% online though?

My personal rrat is that he tarded out on eating the shitty burgers and that piled on with all of his other shit (catching up on 2 weeks worth of work, no meds) and just didnt want to tack on an off-collab with staff present

Or hes just retarded, but unless he gets bonked im sure people will stop giving a fuck, people mentioned the times Mori has missed some shit but honestly alot of the carebear fanbase doesnt care about that as far as ive seen

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I am probably overstepping my bounds having an opinion of someone I don't watch or really vibe with but I really must question how hard it would've been to hop in the group chat at any point to say 'Hey guys. I left my meds at home because I was worried customs would seize them on the way into Japan. I'm sorry, but this means if anything happens to my anxiety while I'm here I'm kinda fucked so I'm going to be as low-key as possible until I get back. Please don't expect me to show up for the collabs.'

The problem of course is that he showed up for the collab with the girls to 22k+ people under the exact same circumstances so every excuse he makes just doesn't land for me. He showed up and saw that one through but suddenly he's too anxious to let his genmates know he can't make a collab? Uhhh...
No, you aren't wrong. The situation is very straightforward, exactly how you described it. It really is not a good look. A little communication goes a long way. It is the same with Gura being MIA so long without saying anything. You compare that with Ina, who had properly announced her break and it is night and day. People are far more willing to have patience when asked to, even if no specific reason is given.

Kalion

:)

Tomoya of Tsunderia has decided to suddenly take a two week break.
Also I'm sure a totally unrelated bit of information:

Payment timelines for AdSense​

-Changes to payment information (including removing payment holds) must be completed on or before the 20th. Changes made after the 20th of any month won't take effect until the following month's payment cycle.
1674497478375.png

vestars20

Early Adopter

Cute li'l JP 2view panda VTuber. Figured it was worth sharing.

That is stupidly cute.
This is my opinion I think what he is doing is very unprofessional.
Hard to know what being professional is in the world of vtubers.
I generally have an optimistic look at this kind of thing and am more inclined to believe it's nothing big. But he's my favorite of Tempus and so were Sana, Aloe, and Coco.
Yeah, my HoloEN initial favs haven't worked out: Calli's ADHD got me out of synch, Sana left me with abandonment issues and now Vesper feels like he is taking his ball and going home. Shinri, don't hurt me.

Something to take your mind off things

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Hard to know what being professional is in the world of vtubers.
True. Especially in the absence of consequence.

I'd like to think that, much like any workplace, severely inconveniencing your colleagues should at least be perceived as unprofessional, but I wouldn't trust the community to do anything but minimise everything out of fear holding them responsible will lead to graduation.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Ollie sang a song about being out of toilet paper, in the bathroom:

Marlow

True. Especially in the absence of consequence.

I'd like to think that, much like any workplace, severely inconveniencing your colleagues should at least be perceived as unprofessional, but I wouldn't trust the community to do anything but minimise everything out of fear holding them responsible will lead to graduation.
It depends on the type of contract that the talent is under. If you have a quota for a number of collaborations that are organized by management, then refusing to participate is a big deal - the contract might even stipulate monetary penalties/fees for this type of breach of contract.

I don't know if hololive contracts have been leaked - but, I imagine a company like that operates under letting talent choose any and all collaborations that they wish to participate in. And, in that case there is nothing wrong in exercising that right and not participating in collaborations that are inconvenient for one reason or another. These reasons could be petty or even silly like - "I drank too much last night" or even "I didn't get enough sleep and would like to sleep in". I imagine all of them are talking to each other on discord privately and are aware of the actual reason for the absence. The seriousness, or lack of it, when it comes to the reasons to not participate are almost always a reflection of the attitudes prevalent in the work environment.

What leads to toxic work environment is placing a social obligation on co-workers that are not stipulated in the contract. If the company needs its talent to always be there to promote new talent or to celebrate their anniversaries, including six-months, then that should be accomplished via contractual obligations rather then peer pressure.

SoundWave Superior

So I know a few others in here occasionally watch Avi as well in here, this is about her stepdad, guy once out of spite cut her internet cables which she at the time was paying for. vtubers and bad home lives like a rule this point.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think vesper missing events is such a huge deal, i certainly wouldn't call it "unprofessional"
My lax attitude mainly hinges in that this is HIS and the other boys' 6 month anniversary, which wasn't that big of an event anyway. Even so the person most inconvenienced by this is himself, the others got along just fine without him. Imagine being blamed for not celebrating your own birthday.

If he had walked out on a planned collab with another talent, specially one from another agency or on a concert that has been planned for months then yeah, pretty unprofessional. This just strikes me as a mild annoyance, in any case it's not up to us to decide if what he's doing is wrong or not, there might be circumstances we don't know about, if he truly did something wrong then he will be scolded by management or suspended.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spidor of Seasons

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I don't think vesper missing events is such a huge deal, i certainly wouldn't call it "unprofessional"
My lax attitude mainly hinges in that this is HIS and the other boys' 6 month anniversary, which wasn't that big of an event anyway. Even so the person most inconvenienced by this is himself, the others got along just fine without him. Imagine being blamed for not celebrating your own birthday.

If he had walked out on a planned collab with another talent, specially one from another agency or on a concert that has been planned for months then yeah, pretty unprofessional. This just strikes me as a mild annoyance, in any case it's not up to us to decide if what he's doing is wrong or not, there might be circumstances we don't know about, if he truly did something wrong then he will be scolded by management or suspended.
Vesper also has a fulltime job, unless something has changed IDK about or I am misremembering. Taking a whole month off work while in Japan seems unlikely. Is it possible he has had to a really weird hours for that remotely and that has screwed with everything more?

I could be talking out of my ass, though.

Simp

The least parasocial Holo is back home.
Also shedule is out and seems she is the first Holo to stream Fire Emblem Engage

BTW she takes some nices pictures like this Haachama/Ame/Kiara one

or like this. Maybe it is just because i am a SIMP but man is it pretty.

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
Also shedule is out and seems she is the first Holo to stream Fire Emblem Engage

Did she never finish Arise?

kestraline

Early Adopter

Kazuma

Early Adopter
On EN gen 3 I think I remember either right before or right after Council had debuted that Irys said that she's not sure if there will be a gen 3.

Kalion

:)
I have no way to know if this is real or not, but I've seen multiple people claim to have gotten a tweet notification for former Tsunderia manager Umiushi Urara only to find it already deleted when they clicked on it. One user claims to have captured a screenshot of the notification.
1674505539764.png

Simp

No, she said she would multiple time but never did. Well it is for the better in the end because now she can stream it.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Meanwhile, Tsunderia general's buckoanons are discussing how latest Tsunderia news is affecting Amiya:
buckotects.jpeg

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

The least parasocial Holo is back home.

First of the Girls at least Tenma (Holostars Tenma) started playing yesterday I think

No, she said she would multiple time but never did. Well it is for the better in the end because now she can stream it.
Originally she didnt have permissions to stream the end of the game so she stopped and said she would finish it off stream, she tweeted twice she was gonna attempt to sit down and finish it finally but the first time she accidently walked into a post game dungeon and spends all her play time getting out instead of finishing the story the second time she tweeted she was gonna try and finish it someone told her Bamco had lifted the streaming restriction, so she may be able to stream it, so she decided to hold off to confirm if she could indeed stream the ending now.

Edit:
News from CEO of Kosher Agency
Tweet:

Well this kind of has me wondering....does this mean Neo and the loli are going to be coming back at some point? Or does this mean they will be having new "voices"? Or just a total rebranding with nothing really changing but maybe having more advertising for the originals.

Reading the whole letter it seems that the current girls are getting a redebut as "EN" members and leaving behind the HE branding, I dont thinks the 2 gradauted girls are coming back since he made a clear point their graduation was due to "creative differences".

Honestly pretty smart, feels a lot of other corpos wouldn't dare doing something like this since most do not like to ackolege when one branch is doing much better that the other, but honestly Idol is blowing out right now but the HE girls miss all of the hype and are being nerf by their branding the same way HoloID was back before/Shortly after EN debut, I remember everyone going around like "you know if you want english speaking Holos the ID girls are right there" but most people would just see the ID in their name and not even bother, obviously now Id has their fanbase and branding but a simple 2 letter in your name can really kill your growth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom