"Any food that's over $20 is wasted on Pippa"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
And Calli is going live with Persona 3 Portable in about 15 minutes

"Atlus video game company please let me play Persona 3" was one of the first big memes that came up for HoloMyth. It's weirdly sweet in its own way that almost 2 and a half years later, she's finally getting to play it on stream. Even though it's a lazy port of the inferior expansion. You're doin good Karen
:calidrinking:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
She already deleted it. Easiest prediction ever lmao. She walked it back, seemingly annoyed with her crybaby fanbase

What was it? I was too late to catch it. Based on the replies, supporting JK Rowling or some shit?

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
What was it? I was too late to catch it. Based on the replies, supporting JK Rowling or some shit?
wow she even deleted the apology tweet lol

There's an archive of the first one in the original post. "I can't wait to play the harry pothead game"

The "apology" tweet was
"Damn guys it was a weed joke but ok"

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
She already deleted it. Easiest prediction ever lmao. She walked it back, seemingly annoyed with her crybaby fanbase

Mouse has a history of being stubborn but she also has a history of trying too hard to not offend certain people so it's a tossup whether she'll actually stream the game or not, since her mutuals are so infested with troons. She won't want to hurt anyone's feels who are close to her so if some retard she's affiliated with whines she might decide not to stream it.

If my seething contempt for vermintide could be distilled into raw energy, I could probably power America's energy needs for at least a decade.
Screenshot_20230119-091755.png

Jesus fucking Christ.
:whatastory:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Edit: Mouse just tweeted this, but any bets that she deletes this tweet for enraging the vtweeter troon brigade? Already found a few dilating in her replies.
Archive
Oh man, it's like looking at someone swinging bats toward hornet's nest

Edit:
Suisei will appear in "The First Take" tomorrow.

Additional stuff about the first take channel is that they've also started inviting non-JP artists recently, and I guess Suisei will be their first VTuber guest unless I'm missing someone.
Anyway really looking forward to this, some artists even made special arrangements of their songs for their first take video so I'm excited to see what Suisei will come up with

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
wow she even deleted the apology tweet lol

There's an archive of the first one in the original post. "I can't wait to play the harry pothead game"

The "apology" tweet was
"Damn guys it was a weed joke but ok"
Screenshot_20230119-102025-552.png
The duality of drama

Edit - "a professional gamer might play a highly anticipated game that is tangentially related to someone I dislike, so clearly that gamer is untrustworthy!"
Screenshot_20230119-102333-084.png

No, seriously, I fucking hate these vermin. Seems their new ploy to damage the game is to just crybully to streamers to not stream it so there is less buzz about it.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
She's right though. There's definitely more politics. I made a Twitter to follow vtubers, artists and indie games. I follow NOTHING political. Yet lately I get tons of posts from politicians on my feed, even push notifications from people I don't follow. The app is constantly shoving this shit in my face. I've had to block like 30 different political accounts and it still keeps showing me more. It's infuriating.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
She's right though. There's definitely more politics. I made a Twitter to follow vtubers, artists and indie games. I follow NOTHING political. Yet lately I get tons of posts from politicians on my feed, even push notifications from people I don't follow. The app is constantly shoving this shit in my face. I've had to block like 30 different political accounts and it still keeps showing me more. It's infuriating.
Elon said something yesterday about having fucked with the algo, I think he just enjoys fucking around lol but I've noticed a ton of the same as well as increased numbers of tweets I'm seeing which are from people I'm specifically opposed to. I just treat it as an invitation to shitpost at them.

Screenshot_20230119-102840-713.png
Ooh shit her inner 'rican is coming out

Netscaper

Early Adopter
"Atlus video game company please let me play Persona 3" was one of the first big memes that came up for HoloMyth. It's weirdly sweet in its own way that almost 2 and a half years later, she's finally getting to play it on stream. Even though it's a lazy port of the inferior expansion. You're doin good Karen
:calidrinking:
Oh boy she is losing it with the OST. I can sympathize.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Even though it's a lazy port of the inferior expansion.
preesu underastando
FES totemo bustedo-desu
ramen code, gomenasai
we no fix
we port kuso but not ramen code version
fuck you

But yeah, they could've just done a Nintendo, and ported FES on a PS2 emulator, with the party control and HD texture mods and it would've been better than this.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Niji using a new wave as a counter argument to complaints from a few fans and talents seems like a massive stretch.
Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but I don't believe it's a stretch to at least surmise that the wave was intended to show that they're still after different kinds of people.

The company has shown themselves to at least be cognizant of complaints in the fanbases, which is why Luxiem stopped receiving AS MUCH merch relative to other EN waves, Ethyria started getting pushed harder, KR/ID got official merch wholesale.

It's not out the realm of possibility that they've thought 'Well we released our pre-determined female and male aidoru groups last year, so let's have this next group replenish the ranks of our more diverse and slightly unhinged sect of the branch.' Even in terms of business interests, Salome was the most popular JP hire last year, and VTA Gen 2 playing it less safe ended up boosting their viewership tenfold.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
And Calli is going live with Persona 3 Portable in about 15 minutes
Calli can meme her way into a sponsored Persona stream, but can she get perms to play the endings? Now the real challenge begins.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So I guess she's not playing Hogwarts Academy

signal-2023-01-19-10-04-10-908.jpg

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I like how Nyanner's voice and personality are so retarded that several posters had to analyze her clip several times just to see if she said pickle or pick-me

Either way saying pickme would be pretty funny since all you have to do is play a vocaroo featuring a suspiciously familiar voice. I doubt anyone gives a shit anymore about those but still

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
She barely plays games to begin with. She wasn't gonna play this even if their was no drama.
It's also a game pretty much just for Harry Potter fans. I don't think she's a harry Potter fan.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
It's alright, I'll mirror the information I gathered back then to here. There's also some more extra stuff to the saga, so I guess this can serve as an update.
The thing that first caught my eye was this video released back on Feb 19th 2022. The guy who made it, Katz, is a complete sperg but the information he goes over is interesting. I made a cut of the video that gets right to the meat and cuts out his autism:
View attachment 10294
One of the main sources of this video is a Varis thread.
The Katz sperg then makes a part 2 video (catbox), going over her Facebook.
View attachment 10299
After it is released, Cinnastixx returns to Varis, upset about the drama being drudged up.
Katz then makes a Part 3 (catbox) going over an alleged call leak and a Part 4 (catbox) going over more Facebook stuff.
View attachment 10300
View attachment 10302
On June 13th 2022, Katz makes a video claiming that he is being sued by VShojo. (catbox)
View attachment 10303
A thread is made on Varis about this happening.
He finally uploads his final video discussing the subject on July 16th 2022 (catbox).
View attachment 10307
And unless I'm missing something, I think this is where that story ends. Although, checking the Varis thread again for this post made me see something...
It seems that Froot's goddamn real life mother is on Twitter attempting to fight the people making fun of her daughter for cheating on her husband?
Jesus Christ! WHAT THE FUCK
View attachment 10309View attachment 10310 Profile Archive
View attachment 10312View attachment 10311View attachment 10316View attachment 10320View attachment 10317View attachment 10318View attachment 10319View attachment 10322View attachment 10323View attachment 10324View attachment 10325View attachment 10326View attachment 10327View attachment 10328View attachment 10329
KIWI FARMS (+4CHAN) NAMEDROPPED:
View attachment 10330View attachment 10331View attachment 10332View attachment 10333View attachment 10334View attachment 10336
a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a - a
FROOT'S SUPPOSEDLY REAL MOTHER IS NOW ACTIVELY ARGUING WITH PEOPLE ABOUT HER DAUGHTER'S CHEATING. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING
Edit:
WHAT THE FUCK:

Also:

Just giving my two cents, but she definitely referred to THE Pipkin Pippa as a "pick-me". I say the best thing for Pippa to do is to ignore it. Be the bigger (wo)man.

I nominate an enraged Vesper to be the emote for MATI.

Lia has a schizo episode, and talks to herself.

Edit: Mouse just tweeted this, but any bets that she deletes this tweet for enraging the vtweeter troon brigade? Already found a few dilating in her replies.

Archive

vshojo_moment.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

kukkia

Early Adopter
Today's debuts have really got me thinking if this wave is some kind of direct response to accusations that Nijisanji are taking the idol route and they've left their old selves at the door.

I think it’s less a direct response and more just the idea that Niji is becoming an idol company was always exaggerated. The 3 Ranunculus girls are all very down to earth and not very idol-like either.

Older Niji fans tend to worry a lot about changes to Nijisanji’s culture. People worried that EN would be full idol when Lazulight was announced because they had an idol-like group name and song. People worried that EN would have no guys after the first 3 waves. Then people worried that EN would have no mixed gender waves after Luxiem became big.

I think Anycolor is basically going to continue taking the approach of going with variety. Some members and groups will be more idol like, and others less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom