"I shook Sakana down for the gym memberships, I made a whole point, -'Imagine, fishman, if there was 20% less Sad Girl Energy and nobody takes breaks... there's 30% less breaks across the board'- and the managers backed me up like 'YEAH SHE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW' hahahaha"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Remember that weird stream where Enna and Fulgur acted out a dating show that turned into nightmare fuel?

Someone made an animation for it

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Mika uploaded another animation. If you visit her "Videos" tab, you can see she uploades those kinda short animated clips regularly since 3 month ago, we have 6 in total now. I think those help her boost the channel, I would like to see more people do that.

And yes, those hard subtitles have mistakes in them here and there.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
1670856251763.png
Those who are into nijis, who was the fastest in NijiEN for playing the bennet foddy game again?

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
View attachment 7700
Those who are into nijis, who was the fastest in NijiEN for playing the bennet foddy game again?
Luca did it in 3 minutes, followed by Shu and Vox. Kaida Haru and Hana Macchia also faster but Meloco is 6th in Niji and 4th in EN.

EDIT: 7th. Watarai Hibari did it faster in JP too.

SaejimaHaruka

Elira woke up and is now playing Persona. English dub because chat voted for it. They can only play it up until December 13 in-game, which is still pretty long, but hopefully she'll get to play it all on her own time.

We do not deserve democracy,
319091216_903632667461189_9041057148958866829_n.png
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who voted EN should practice a little bit of introspection and either join the 41% or join the 41%.
Is it a coincidence that weeks into Northernlion picking this game up she picks it up too?
I believe she mentioned NL in one of her Hitman streams. Also, during her Bioshock playthrough, she had at one point referred to a Big Daddy as a "Large Father" before proceeding to call a "stinky robot" a coward for not coming down to fight her.
Based and Northernlion-pilled.
She must be a big AOC and Hasan fan too then.
Just realised but when I was looking at Zaion's PL it did say that she was from Japan but raised in USA. I thought it was possibly kayfabe because her character was like a fox goddess or something but she says the same thing in her Zaion debut.

So all 3 of the women in the new wave are Japanese, making them the 3rd-5th EN members born in Japan and the 11th-13th EN members fluent in Japanese.
I wonder how much they actually care about multilingualism during auditions. Is it just a tie-breaker of sorts, or does it actually earn you some points? For example, is it possible that Bae made it to Hololive over someone like Selen just because she's nihongo jouzu whereas Selen can barely pronounce her own name? And what about languages other than Japanese, does anyone actually care that Kronii can speak Korean, or that Enna and Selen are chinks? And don't forget Finana's Hmong. They all just stream in English anyways. They're the English branch, nobody expects them to speak different languages.

With Japanese specifically, I understand the bridge argument, but you already have Elira, Rosemi, Petra, Shu, Yugo, etc. Surely it doesn't need to be a priority at this point. Of course, the amount of Japanese speaking applicants is going to be disproportionately large for vtuber auditions, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the 3 best female candidates happen to all speak Japanese. All of them being native speakers is a bit more strange though.

Speaking of Selen Tahtsookee, she also played the choo-choo game.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who voted EN should practice a little bit of introspection and either join the 41% or join the 41%.
They're not 41%ers, they're just retarded, 41%ers and their game journo friends made a huge fuss about the EN localization for that game actually being kinda good, instead of being some meme infested Rick and Morty episode.

The English VA on the other hand... :vomitdrawer:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
We do not deserve democracy,
View attachment 7699
For these faggots, a game without a dub option is literally unplayable.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I have the cough again and I can't sleep, and in my delirium I have a horrible idea that might help Pippa fuck over the foot fags.
vagetafakemoon.PNG
We take pictures of our own disgusting, fucked up feet and send them *tactfully* to Pippa so she can use them in a collage or slide show either with her feet or in place of her feet, how will the FF's know which is her feet in a sea of disgusting feet!? Or, alternatively or in tangent we post our disgusting feet tagged as her feet (if she shows them) in thier discords and twitter to make a smoke screen of disgusting feet for the tourists!
Okay that's my fever plan, I await the gunt shack.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I have the cough again and I can't sleep, and in my delirium I have a horrible idea that might help Pippa fuck over the foot fags.
View attachment 7701
We take pictures of our own disgusting, fucked up feet and send them *tactfully* to Pippa so she can use them in a collage or slide show either with her feet or in place of her feet, how will the FF's know which is her feet in a sea of disgusting feet!? Or, alternatively or in tangent we post our disgusting feet tagged as her feet (if she shows them) in thier discords and twitter to make a smoke screen of disgusting feet for the tourists!
Enjoy your stay in the :vomitdrawer:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
View attachment 7701
Please take your ivermectin.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I wonder how much they actually care about multilingualism during auditions. Is it just a tie-breaker of sorts, or does it actually earn you some points? For example, is it possible that Bae made it to Hololive over someone like Selen just because she's nihongo jouzu whereas Selen can barely pronounce her own name? And what about languages other than Japanese, does anyone actually care that Kronii can speak Korean, or that Enna and Selen are chinks? And don't forget Finana's Hmong. They all just stream in English anyways. They're the English branch, nobody expects them to speak different languages.

With Japanese specifically, I understand the bridge argument, but you already have Elira, Rosemi, Petra, Shu, Yugo, etc. Surely it doesn't need to be a priority at this point. Of course, the amount of Japanese speaking applicants is going to be disproportionately large for vtuber auditions, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the 3 best female candidates happen to all speak Japanese. All of them being native speakers is a bit more strange though.

Speaking of Selen Tahtsookee, she also played the choo-choo game.

Proficiency in Japanese is always described as 'Desirable but not necessary to apply' on Niji audition forms, meaning that it is and likely always will be bonus points to your name and possibly even a tiebreaker.

I don't necessarily think they're a priority, but I also don't think you can have too many bridges because the main branch is 150 people, and 'knowing Japanese' doesn't necessarily mean you'll be free to assume the role of a translator or even be interested in what you're there for. Being a 'bridge' also isn't strictly relative to assuming the role of a translator in collabs.

For example, Elira translated Vox for Sasaki when they were teamed up in the KZH Cup, but that doesn't mean she's going to host multiple Telephone Game streams like Yugo. Belmond is going to ask Petra to work on his cover MV over Rosemi because that's what she can offer as a 'bridge' that others can't. Petra hangs out in Totsu streams but it's Shu that usually gets asked to subtitle Japanese videos. You get the idea.

Pretty much everyone in EN that speaks multiple languages also has at least one other talent that was probably equally as or more important in getting them through the door.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
View attachment 7701
This is the most fever brained thought of all time. I don't think meds can fix you, the fever has ruined your brain alongside this thread.

I can only give you this to sate you.

But you always win.
Always winner roulette.jpg

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I made the mistake of looking up a Mika Melatika video once, and for seversl months youtube search kept recommending me dozens more Mika videos so whoever's dickhead asshole is clipping her has better SEO abuse than the average.

Melissa probably quit because she wanted to actually own her music, which kinda goes against their business model and would likely result in the other livers wanting the same. I actually think that's a good idea, but it's not how the agencies work. This is probably why Karen keeps up an active career as DemonDice.

Interesting. Is it possible to own your music in japan or do they have scores of kikes like they do in california oblast and you have to literally sue your record label to own your master recordings.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Interesting. Is it possible to own your music in japan or do they have scores of kikes like they do in california oblast and you have to literally sue your record label to own your master recordings.
It's probably more to do with the standard big corpo MO along the lines of "your character and what you make as part of your employment are company property". It's like how Disney allegedly has a vault of their characters' erotic drawings, because they claim ownership over every drawing you make under their employment (source: trust me my dude).

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Semi big twitch streamer Cimrai is gonna be redebuting with a chibi model for some reason

For the past couple months after her hiatus she had been streaming with her daughter under the name BoSheep and had been teasing her return after a while

But she seems to be thin skinned like before and keeps mentioning damn dirty trolls, the trucker honking back in Canada caused her to schizo out and abandon her Cimrai persona for the BoSheep one, as one can guess despite a model by TheArtGun she didnt really get an audience and for some reason shoved her daughter into her streams

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
Kobo's new cover is super cute.

I'm not an expert, but her singing ability is always impressive to me. Among the best in Hololive, imo.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

tweet

she looks great bros.
BUT, and I hope they take this into account, this will be in the same timeslot as Pippa's 100k stream.
:gunpeko:

EDIT: Am retarded and read JST instead of PST, plz no bulli

Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I know there is an on-going rrat on the HoloEN recruitment, which is the fact that Japanese proficiency is required UNLESS you reside in NA region, and that's the main reason why there is a lack of EU talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom