"No↘Do↗Bo↘To↗Ke↘"Inugami Korone

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
idk man ive only seen that guy and Nyaru in particular not chimp out and correctly asses that if you chimp out publicly and get salty at results you wont pass many smell tests from other corpos
I was more so just joking about Pippa retweeting some fag, not that said fag had a bad take. I personally couldn't give two shits what vshojo does.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The final year of secondary school in the UK starts in September/October and you're generally going to be 16 or 17 by the time you've finished that and entered college (16-18 years old is a totally separate institution).

So by her logic, she was about 16 at the end of 2019, COVID hit the UK in early 2020 and shut everything down, so she's probably 19-20 years old now.

This is assuming her high school didn't have a Sixth Form, which is effectively a built-in college that her high school provides, which would make her 18 in 2019 and 21-22 now. Either is possible, given that she uses 'Secondary School' (which is not a common term) and so she might just not bother to explain how Sixth Form works.

She's absolutely no older than 22 in either case.
Went back to the vod to make sure. She said secondary earlier but she clarified it to Sixth Form here. She says her school had a combined secondary and Sixth Form for ages 14-18. Edited the post to correct it, thanks.

Brit girl has a schedule for the coming days and...she got more sharks from Ikea. It has already begun, she's spending your super chats on literal toys. How does that make you feel?

View attachment 7131
She's doing exactly what she said she would. She wasted no time and I approve.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
but I don't think their annoyance with the vshojo stuff isn't unreasonable at some level.
Strawman but consider their interviews
-so whats your background as an entertainer?
-well i have a quintillion followers on tweeter, and only third of them are botted!
-di you have any experience working with a live audience.
-well yea i always reply to my followers....
-no i mean streaming, you know twitch or youtube
-well i do a twitter space once a month for an hour or so
-alright, you know how to use obs?
-oh bee what?
Hiring an autistic deer over a vtweeter doesnt seem like that bad of an idea. If people bitch about not getting in vshojo first try no experience they just aint cut for industry. If they aint gonna humble up and try their shot in smaller companies and put some effort people arent going to take them seriously, and so shouldn't you!
Look at Phase and Idol and compare the first wave to their second wave when it comes to who they picked.
But what about erina, i dont think she ever streamed, very evident by scuff.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Hiring an autistic deer over a vtweeter doesnt seem like that bad of an idea.
Presumably some actual tubers and not just tweeters applied.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
She's saving more IKEA sharks from smelly vermintide. That's pretty based.
But will she eventually become a shark plushie rescuer? These are the real moral questions we must ask ourselves regarding this behavior. Will all money to Rin go towards the newly founded "Save the IKEA Shark Foundation"? Otherwise known as the SIS Foundation?

Or will Rin be selfish and lazy by only adopting newly made and untainted store bought IKEA sharks, as opposed to saving poorly attended and lonely IKEA sharks from their abusive and neglectful parents?

I find myself asking such moral and ethical questions quite often, but I lack the resources and opportunity to ever make a difference to this cruel fate many IKEA sharks find themselves in, but Rin Penrose can make a difference. Therefore, she needs to do better and rescue IKEA sharks from the vermintide.

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
Brit girl has a schedule for the coming days and...she got more sharks from Ikea. It has already begun, she's spending your super chats on literal toys. How does that make you feel?
FUCK YEAH!!!
not like i superchat anyways.

Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Strawman but consider their interviews
-so whats your background as an entertainer?
-well i have a quintillion followers on tweeter, and only third of them are botted!
-di you have any experience working with a live audience.
-well yea i always reply to my followers....
-no i mean streaming, you know twitch or youtube
-well i do a twitter space once a month for an hour or so
-alright, you know how to use obs?
-oh bee what?
Hiring an autistic deer over a vtweeter doesnt seem like that bad of an idea. If people bitch about not getting in vshojo first try no experience they just aint cut for industry. If they aint gonna humble up and try their shot in smaller companies and put some effort people arent going to take them seriously, and so shouldn't you!

But what about erina, i dont think she ever streamed, very evident by scuff.
I agree with you that choosing the deer over a vtweeter is a smart business choice, however these recent hires don't feel like ones that happened through newcomer audition opening. Also, we have to take in account there was probably actual Vtubers that applied too, not just 2 views and forever pre-debut vtweeters. yeah actual vtubers are not complaining, but that doesn't mean they didn't get the short end of the stick with it either.

Either way, I think Vshojo did a shit job with the auditioning opsec and people are always going to complain about things but I think there's some merits here.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I agree with you that choosing the deer over a vtweeter is a smart business choice, however these recent hires don't feel like ones that happened through that big global newcomer audition opening. Also, we have to take in account there was probably actual Vtubers that applied too, not just 2 views and forever pre-debut vtweeters. yeah actual vtubers are not complaining, but that doesn't mean they didn't get the short end of the stick with it either.

Either way, I think Vshojo did a shit job with the auditioning opsec and people are always going to complain about things but I think there's some merits here.
Yeah, i don't think anyone is saying that they should have hired fucking vtweeters and 2views, but hololive and nijisanji have shown that you can indeed hire total no-name diamonds in the rough and get massive success.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Any of you going to try and play fall guy with the Magger? doing viewer lobbies right now!

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Sorry but i agree with the vtweeters for once, if you are just gonna hire your friends or trusted creators then why even have open auditions, just scope them out to see if they wanna hop in. The whole audition thing to me seems like vshojo trying to appear more professional which they aren't and shouldn't try to be unless they want to change how their entire group works.
I'm sure the vtweeters are mad because of jealousy, but many other people take issue with it because of the obvious lying and acting like this isn't just purely driven by nepotism and that some people are guaranteed to get in.
Yes, the vtweeters are right, but they go about being right in the wrong way. Most 'successful people' say the best course of action would have been to just silently ignore it, but even an indignant 'screw you' attitude would have been better than the 'whiny crying' attitude that so many of them are publicly voicing.
View attachment 7127

...there is no explanation. It's Mumei.
I rated this 'baitpost' because I would take that bait.
This Rhythm Sprout game that Gura's playing has some pretty nice beats. Also nice to see her go full-autist on a rhythm game again - which is clearly her forte.
I saw Kaela play this weeks, or maybe even months, ago and I liked it then too. I don't really enjoy playing rhythm games because I will never be good at them, but yeah, this game definitely has some chill jammin' bops, as the kids say.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
So the cat is streaming some hentai game. Oh god.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Pippa has a nice voice when she goes low but its as you say. She doesnt practice or know most of the songs she sings so its all off beat and weird.
Pippa's best songs are when she picks them based on how good the meme will be. While they are really below average on a technical level - pacing, tune, even breaking for laughs, etc - they're top-tier in how good the meme is and they're extremely memorable, and that's much more important. Some of my favourite examples of this are Ram Ranch, White Girls Fuck Dogs, Rama Rama, etc.

When she has a song she regularly practices - like, say, the songs of her last concert that weren't Ram Ranch - she can be a decent, if not great singer, but decent is really hard to notice when she's competing against a whole sea of other e-celebs and vtubers who sing both better and with much higher production values.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Here is the enigmatic tweet folks.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
new EN wave, mixed gender, sun-themed pair to iluna
they make it very obvious like that

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
So guessing next week then?

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
new EN wave, mixed gender, sun-themed pair to iluna
they make it very obvious like that
And it is supposed to be a gamer wave too.

RiverBear

As someone who got into hololive around March 2021, was there any particular reason why Coco pretty much didn't collab with any EN members until after she already announced her retirement? Looking back, she did do one meme review with Calli just a few weeks before the announcement, but I guess that could've also been scheduled after she already had decided to leave. It's not like she stopped working with other members in general after the China thing, and it would seem like a natural thing for her to have hung out with EN people from time to time as soon as their collab restrictions ended, and be part of streams with a mix of monolingual EN and JP members. IIRC, her first on screen interaction with Gura and Ina was on her graduation stream.
EN released by the time she had her Taiwan/Chink meltdown controversy
It's very likely Cover didn't want the Chink bots/trolls to also affect their new golden goose, hence them creating a collaboration "ban" with Coco and EN
I'm not mad with this, I understand not wanting Chink bots to suddenly flood the chats of the popular new Gen, but it does kinda suck that Coco never got to collab with them until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom