"I am Hololive!!!"Natsuiro Matsuri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Just started. Choco's gonna be inspecting Calli's body and trying to remove all the lean inside.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

grenskul

Spergin' in the rain

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
:gurasemperfi::gurasemperfi::gurasemperfi:
For all capipis that arent with us anymore (for one reason or another)

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Pretty cool though she is an artist and working on her own live2d. However, how long does she plan to keep this schtick for before she does her own thing? Wouldn't it be better to work on her own character? Like what happens if she does hit it off with the FlaVR name? Just ask cause this whole open source vtuber company thing confuses me with logistics stuff in the long term.
I don't get what's the issue. She could drop the FlaVR name eventually but even if it all goes to shit (which something tells me it will in the next few weeks) it doesn't matter. The name and the "company" might be a dead meme but if the people take it seriously and use the designs to commission models no one else will have access to them. Just because Pippa said it's free to use, doesn't mean that every asset is. Sure the Romania chan Baked Fresh model is free to use but nothing is really stopping Vanilla from commissioning an actual full model of her character. She has the "official" character name and channel therefore a few others might pop up but she will be the real one.

Hell, nothing legally stops me from picking any indie and using their name and commissioning a model in their likeness other than backlash from the community and just shitty general optics. These characters for the most part are not trademarked or copyrighted (i would assume the big corpos have done so but I have to check to see if they have).

From what I understand, the more content the girls behind Sena and Minna make with the characters the stronger their case for common law copyright(?) of those characters should someone try and fuck with them. They should keep going and cross that bridge should they get their.
Not happening

The laughing dragon (during her members only Rust stream) was talking about suddenly having to reschedule multiple streams this week, really sounds like Niji has something big planned - new wave? 3D announcements? Personal reasons? Or just management being dumb?

Let your rrats fly my brothers:educateyourself2:
I would imagine that both big corpos will do something for Xmas. Either a Concert, 3d or in Niji's case (new gen)

Someone mentioned during the stream there was a desktop version of the website pippa was using . Anyone know the name ?
I tried using it back in Mid October but stopped because I could hear my GPU dying and im not looking to buy a new one anytime soon. I got a 2080 Super. I'd rather pay the $20 a month than kill my GPU. I have used the hell out of it too. Got about 23,000 images generated on it and used it to make a concept art sheet which I eventually sent to an artist for my eventual model.

Lia confirmed that she will be having an off-collab with other girls (plural) on the weekend or after the weekend or some shit. I'm guessing it might be Shiina and Airi? Haven't really checked their schedules but she mentioned that if you did it would be obvious with who.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The laughing dragon (during her members only Rust stream) was talking about suddenly having to reschedule multiple streams this week, really sounds like Niji has something big planned - new wave? 3D announcements? Personal reasons? Or just management being dumb?

Let your rrats fly my brothers:educateyourself2:

Her latest sonogram revealed her due date is sooner than anticipated so she's prepping for the eventuality so she doesn't give birth while in lobby.

You know guys, I'm starting to think that Pippa's audience isn't joking when they say they're autistic.

[looks at this forum]

You sure about that, chief?

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Seems like Hana Macchia is getting a new outfit, full reveal on 1st december

paul

Early Adopter
If slap-fighting about anime girls streaming and corporate fuckery wasn't bad enough, we're slap-fighting about reddit vs /vt/. Truly we are a fallen species.
I'm truely sorry I posted this reddit baitpost which started the vt/reddit tribalfagging. I just wanted to point and laugh while coping that Ina will be back soon.
IMAGE_M_ID_1597770458556141569.jpeg
Sauce

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Hell, nothing legally stops me from picking any indie and using their name and commissioning a model in their likeness other than backlash from the community and just shitty general optics. These characters for the most part are not trademarked or copyrighted (i would assume the big corpos have done so but I have to check to see if they have).
Eh, not exactly. Trademarking has its own formal process, but copyright is a thing that just exists by default. If you make it, you own it. The exception to this is if you're producing work for someone else and they have you sign a work-for-hire contract, which transfers that default copyright over to them. You can safely assume that any (reputable) corpo owns all their character designs, and indie designs will belong to either the artist or the talent, depending on the arrangement between the two parties.

That's why the AI art situation is a bit murky legally to start with - to the best of my knowledge, there's no court precedent for it to establish exactly how transformative an AI-generated piece needs to be before it's considered legally distinct from the source pieces it pulls from. If it turns out someone's AI artwork is noticeably similar to an existing piece, the original artist might try to take action against it. They don't need to have registered anything anywhere, they can just say "hey, this looks like mine" and fire out DMCAs, starting a legal process.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
It's been 1 month, 21 days, 5 hours and 48 minutes since last Ina stream
Emz_aIgVkAI6C3X.png

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
View attachment 6716

I don't feel so good, Mr. Stark...
During Ame's stream with Mel, Amechu was introduced. I made an AI chatbot based on the character. Came out pretty cute.

New Lolime who may be female, has a strong accent, is streaming FNAF. Seems to be very experienced with the game, dropping lots of autistic (in the gamer sense) info about it while playing.

twitter post

Edit: apparently there is canon male pregnancy in FNAF. No wonder Lia is into that stuff. Contrasted with the other lolime, she asserts that men do not have the requisite parts.
I like her. Leagues better than the Dr. Fakelime we've had until now. The accent isn't too thick to understand.
favorite non-fnaf games: sims 2, harvest moon, story of seasons, animal crossing, and a few others. I think this is bona-fide the third official female of FlaVR gen 1.

Stream ended now, my final verdict: I approve. Very cozy and friendly. I have never cared about FNAF before and I would have no problem having that stream on while doing other stuff. She mentioned she isn't used to talking this much, and she did well continuing to talk about the game and the lore and mechanics and stuff even when chat was just vibing. Looking forward to more from her.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
A clip from today's kronii stream

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmis been going on about cults for the last half hour. Mentioned the cult her mother was apart of was a spiritual self help cult that convinced them to eat a raw vegan diet. They also convinced her mom that her karma was bad and to reset it she needed to.basically stop eating. Can't remember what she said it was called but it was air something. Will try and clip when able.

dumb wings

Who de fuck measures height (or "heads tall") including the fucking pirate hat?
The hat part is a joke. The rest is in reference to deciding if a character is a loli or not based how many heads tall they are(4-5 heads?). Since there are short adult women and tall children head number was a way to measure their proportions relatively(?). It's arbitrary and has counter examples. Here a easy online tool to check yourself https://eleif.net/photomeasure

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Also re: superchats. A part of it is also, “I am going to have to read ALL of these.”
That's the retarded part, though. There are people who read all the SCs, of course. They're the ones fishing for them and reading them is part of the fishing. Kiara comes to mind.

But there are also plenty of people who don't give a shit and won't read them. Suisei comes to mind.

There is no obligation to read supers. In fact, not reading SCs reduces the number of SCs, so if one is uncomfortable with retards spending their life savings on SCs, just don't read them. It's the best SCs be gone after just shutting them off altogether.

I get that Vesper probably has a warped sense of obligation that has him do exactly the wrong thing.

But it's still the wrong thing.

If you don't want (excessive amounts of) SCs, just don't read them. It really is that simple.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
And from cults to pillows
signal-2022-11-30-02-23-12-910.jpg

Edit: she's going through her throne suggestions. Saw uranium and her first thought was "I wanna eat that."

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Just because I love Makoto Shinkai's happy movies (and the sad ones too, though those are not as fun to watch for obvious, depressing reasons), and therefore also love the RADWIMPS soundtracks, here's a timestamp to IRyS singing Nandemonaiya from Kimi No Na Wa/Your Name:

I'm listening to it on repeat right now even though I haven't even seen the rest of the stream yet.
Grimmis been going on about cults for the last half hour. Mentioned the cult her mother was apart of was a spiritual self help cult that convinced them to eat a raw vegan diet. They also convinced her mom that her karma was bad and to reset it she needed to.basically stop eating. Can't remember what she said it was called but it was air something. Will try and clip when able.
Breatharian? I don't think they have anything to do with a veggie diet, but that may share some similarities with whatever her family was in, even if that wasn't specifically it.
That's the retarded part, though. There are people who read all the SCs, of course. They're the ones fishing for them and reading them is part of the fishing. Kiara comes to mind.

But there are also plenty of people who don't give a shit and won't read them. Suisei comes to mind.

There is no obligation to read supers. In fact, not reading SCs reduces the number of SCs, so if one is uncomfortable with retards spending their life savings on SCs, just don't read them. It's the best SCs be gone after just shutting them off altogether.

I get that Vesper probably has a warped sense of obligation that has him do exactly the wrong thing.

But it's still the wrong thing.

If you don't want (excessive amounts of) SCs, just don't read them. It really is that simple.
If you set the expectation that you will read the chats/say 'thank you' to people on stream, you can't just change your mind because you got too many one day. At least not without fomenting some bad will in your viewers. If you never set that expectation though, then of course there's no problem with not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom