"I thought foreskin worked like an earbud tip for literally years 😭😭😭😭😭"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I have no idea what happened last night. I did a drive by photoshop and left. Did this site turn into hell on earth or something?
I think it's just pipkin withdrawal is setting in, but now it's fueled by excessive drinking and eating from the holidays.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
place that is not here = bad

that is all

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Someday i will catch Lisa stream from start to finish. Very comfy, Lisa cool! Sad that she thinks getting a job will destroy her vibe tho, honestly colleges drain you harder than an office job.
College is a joke. Other than possibly getting a shitty schedule, that shit is ezpz.

So I got this in my recommended, remember the rule. If I have to see it, you do too
Yeah, no. My recommended are full of cancer as is.

I fucking knew that stream would be clipped. I swear that girl was thirsty during the whole stream and then bonks chat when they get down bad.
After that whole fanfic and drunk collab I think she has started to get a bit more loose with her content

Right now, she's done about five streams, and has about several hundred CCVs when she's live, has over 2K subs and gets 2K views of her livestream, with the exception of her last gaming stream. There's no reason to ditch this for now unless the viewers start to go away or she has trouble monetizing the character, but a DIY-based vtuber is different enough from standard fare that I think she can keep her current audience, if not gain more.
Agreed. Anyone saying that they should drop this doesn't know shit about streaming, vtubing or youtube. Really stupid to think that they should start over. The designs are solid, they already have enough subs to monetize their channel. Also, have 120-150 CCV which for a new streamer is HUGE without having to pay a single cent in advertising themselves. There are indies streaming for over a year that don't get over 60 CCV. All of this as a PNG streamer without possibly dropping a single cent in equipment or assets.

Hell, they are getting as much CCV as some of the lower-viewed Phase Girls. Sure they don't have had time to create a real following or fully establish their brand but this is a huge early boost. If they start new they have to waste time (and possibly money) on designs, and assets and start from scratch.

We jumped to conclusions about how Grampa Nowa was suspended because he dared talk to one of the grills or because he was ripping takeshi a new one after two failed XCOM stream attempts. BUT WHAT IF the thing that made him get suspended was using a third party to clip his streams? Remember he's one of the few (if not the only one) that clips his streams and then uploads those videos to his own channel (not the holopro or holostars one). Also, there was another rrat goin around that the clipper knows nowa from his past life.
Its not uncommon for Hololivers to get friends from their past life to work on clips, art, and music for them.

Stupid attitude in my opinion. You're part of a company that takes voluntary donations to stay afloat. It's not your place to define 'voluntary' for people. Let them decide.
He has the indie mindset but he is now earning more than 10 times what he did as an indie so he feels bad about it

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Mino Mieko streaming just chatting. And Kiara was in Mieko's chat fangirling about how Mieko talented. She is know 5 languages (english, canto, mandarin, japanese and korean) know some french and spanish. Can playing piano, guitar (electro, bass and acoustic) and tried violin.
She is really cute.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
All in all, I prefer fixposting to reddit vs vt tribalfagging.

Shiina Henry Stickmin stream.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Apparently IRyS added her new rigger Brian Tsui on Switch and he came online while she was playing Pokemon.
View attachment 6692

Timestamp 5:26:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4JOEJDxog

Considering that the stream wasn't privated, it doesn't seem to be a huge deal for her. Wonder if there are unicorns malding about it though.
She also casually calls him "Brian" in her redebut and follow-up streams. You know who else is called "Brian"? Axel. Axel is actually Brian Tsui and flying to Japan right now to fuck IRyS, confirmed.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
I still don't think SC being off is an issue for Cover. Ame used to leave SC off very often in the past, she may gone through 3-4 streams with SC off in all of them. Her reasoning includes "I've got too many SCs to read", "Meh, I'm too lazy to read them!" and "Oops, I forgot to turn them on!".

It hasn't been happening much lately, but she did turned SC off in her last karaoke stream because she doesn't want it pile up. Let's see if she will stick with it in her next stream.

I think people keep forgetting about the "turned off SC" rrat is that HoloStars EN is probably still in its trial period, i will try to source it but i distinctly remember that he actually said that in a zatsu that he was told that he would have greater control over his SCs once Stars was more established and less wrangled

So it doesnt matter if "xyz talent turned off SCs and they arent wacked", everyone else is very senior in the company by comparison
I think that this should be part of the interview process. They should say, or have in the contract, something to the effect of 'You will be expected to enable Superchat monetisation where appropriate, is this something you agree to?'

If they do have that, and Vesper agreed solely because he wanted to get through the door, then Cover is in the right and Vesper is a fucking moron. If it wasn't established and isn't in the contract, then not only is it negligent of the company, but it's also within Vesper's right to contest it.
Remember, the full rrat isn't just that Vesper turned off superchats. It's that he turned them off after specifically being told he's not allowed to turn them off. That's why people think it's the most likely explanation, because it seems like exactly the sort of thing that could make higher-ups mad at him for disrespecting them.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Mino Mieko streaming just chatting. And Kiara was in Mieko's chat fangirling about how Mieko talented. She is know 5 languages (english, canto, mandarin, japanese and korean) know some french and spanish. Can playing piano, guitar (electro, bass and acoustic) and tried violin.
She is really cute.

She's the one that Lia raided a few days ago. Fishman better get his poaching net out or Kiara will convince her to apply to hololive.

Caramel idol is playing the Vietnam game again:

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
20 minutes in and they're already talking about what kind of romance(smut) they like reading...

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Caramel idol is playing the Vietnam game again:
I have no clue how people can play that game for more than 10 minutes without breaking into straight up Full Metal Jacket stereotypes, screaming about gooks, and GIs going home in bags in offensive accents.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I’ll say it: r/hololive culture is better than /vt/ culture.
It’s like autism vs. full-blown schizophrenia.

I know, I know, how could I say something so controversial yet so brave.
They are both retarded in their own special ways. /r/hololive got worse lately, though. It was fine for a while but in the past couple months pretty much got taken over by /r/okbuddyhololive, which is just /v/ adjacent trash thirstposting and shitposting, except not funny at all.

/r/virtualyoutubers weekly discussion is the best of the three, but still filled with typical Reddit retards.

Jokes aside, I am gonna be annoyed if she bothers to address this shit beyond like a single line like she did with whether she would collab with Holostars, which was basically "fuck off and let me do my own thing", but nicer. The Unicorns' insistence to try and ruin good things is really starting to wear thin, and the talents really need to start to learn to ignore the morons.

If Cover really wants their newly-hired chat jannies to be useful, they need to be heavily moderating SCs to delete the ones that try and stir shit. Those seem to cause the most issues across JP and EN.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Stupid attitude in my opinion. You're part of a company that takes voluntary donations to stay afloat. It's not your place to define 'voluntary' for people. Let them decide.
I skipped over this at first, but the more I think about it the more it's adding up.

It's easy to forget these days, but every single form of creator monetisation initially had backlash. The first handful of YouTube Partners in the late 2000s/early 2010s were accused of selling out. The first people to accept fan donations were accused of e-begging, and this became even more prominent when Patreon started taking off. Brand deals were criticised by people worried about potential conflicts of interest. When Twitch introduced the bits/cheers system a lot of people didn't like it because it drastically changed the tone of a streamer's chat so paying viewers would get priority.

It wasn't really until the "adpocalypse" in 2017 when crowdfunding YouTube and Twitch content lost its stigma fully. Obviously if management have explicitly told him not to disable Super Chats but he did anyway he's dumb for doing that, but I can understand why an oldfag like Vesper might have some lingering hangups about either taking too much money from his fans at once, or having the monetisation being too prominent of a factor in his streams.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Interesting about Sora. She does have an entire fanclub site for herself: https://tokinosora-fc.com/.

Personally, I think Millie's choice of donating her memberships is the best way around not "double dipping". Everyone knows the revenue cuts so do something interesting with the money you don't "want". Watame is another choice as she puts a shit ton of money into her songs, always praising her fans for funding the work. How do Cover staff get paid? Through people like Vesper - so I don't understand the issue.

I wonder what Vesper's morals are?
Vesper in a minecraft stream, I forget which one and he has too much footage for me to find an exact timestamp off the top of my head, was talking about a character in a book he read and he mentioned how they did some self sacrificing gesture. He described that as an ideal heroic and good action, which spun into him talking about his personal beliefs on what being good is. The long and short of his point was that being good is about self sacrificing and acting against your best interests, and when chat said most people aren't good by that definition he agreed and said most people aren't without hesitation before trying to move away from the topic.

So with that in mind, Vesper probably believed he was doing good and right by turning SCs off for members because they already paid for the content, so double dipping comes off as too self serving to him.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Wait, I thought she had to protect her throat for Brian Singing?

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
IF the SC thing is indeed where the issue lies. Based on what we had posted about his talk with Members about his inability to shut off SCs, I would point out that disrespect can go both ways. I don't know the conversation that occurred, but it seems incredibly harsh to suddenly slap a 6-month ban (pending a reassessment) on his SC control for an early mistake. Not only that, the reason given was apparently that 'SCs being turned off should be a thoughtful and logical decision.' Combine those two points, and imagine you have someone saying that to you. You know that your seniors have done the same thing, but for much less of a bonking (while they were still in your time-frame), and also take into account that 6-months is roughly 25% of the entire EN lifespan.

You wouldn't feel incredibly insulted by the way this was being handled? Managers do wrangle you, but they are also supposed to work in tandem; they're meant to help you. Someone, an American at least, could get very angry and vindictive about something like this and jump your (a manager's) head with a complaint. A nicer person might take the less aggressive route and ignore your BS ban. Especially when the next instance of turning off the SCs was for a 'thoughtful and logical' reason.

Now, I'm not saying that Vesper is in the right, but I think that maybe this was something that should have been handled much less publicly, and I think Vesper might be a bit more justifiable/reasonable. Because, if this was a Cover payment thing, that would have been sole reason for the original bonk, none of that thoughtful and logical crap.

Just food for thought.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I realize this is a gossip forum but there is literally not a single hint about what he actually got suspended for.

might be because of my limited JP, but where do you see that they are preparing to go public
Also, while I cant read what that PDF you linked says, I am curious what in it exactly leads you to believe that they will go public
I didn't see anyone who answered you but it's in the job posting. Google Translate the first line after Overview:
"You will supervise the accounting and finance departments as an accounting and finance manager in order to strengthen the structure associated with IPO preparations."

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

Lmao if its just this then its masterful bait or some deep schizophrenia

The well known and long running V-tuber Vincent Vinesauce should have done the voices of Mario and Luigi

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
She also casually calls him "Brian" in her redebut and follow-up streams. You know who else is called "Brian"? Axel. Axel is actually Brian Tsui and flying to Japan right now to fuck IRyS, confirmed.
I have noticed her saying, “not gonna lie” a few times since Axel debuted, and that is definitely one of his go-to phrases.

Also re: superchats. A part of it is also, “I am going to have to read ALL of these.”, I think that was a part of the reason that he turned them off that time he got originally bonked for turning them off in a panic.

Edit: Oh but IRyS is not a whore, nor is Axel, they will not have premarital sex. They will get married first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom