"My doctor was like, 'cause I was in the hospital for like a week, 'Hakka... the moment you fart, you're outta here' and every night, I was like 'GOD, please let me FART!' bro I hate this fucking place"Banzoin Hakka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
On the subject of r/hololive vs. /vt/, I'd have to agree I'd take the Reddit page over /vt/...

For a time r/Hololive felt better than your average Reddit page since it was just folks having fun and being happy about something as opposed to sucking off egos for Reddit gold. While the subreddit did get more obnoxious over time it just feels like a harmless little clubhouse where people are enjoying the thing they love. I can't say I'm terribly bothered by people just having fun, even if it is way too sanitized and moderated for my tastes. No one's spreading rumors, rallying crusades, or anything stupid like that. They're just posting memes and laughing at the same jokes amongst each other. It's fine.

Also the fact they vocally reject unicorn shit is a plus.

/vt/ on the other hand is just psychopathic. It's a feedback loop of unhealthy people creating an unhealthy environment making themselves even more unhealthy. You can't trust a damn word that comes out of there and it's viewed by pretty much everyone as some kind of schizo quarantine. People don't talk about r/hololive "breaking containment" like they do /vt/. /vt/ is like a chimera of everything that's shit within VTuber culture for a reason.

I'll take harmless cringe over personality disorders any day.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I'll make you feel at home.
View attachment 6710
You guys are defending fucking Reddit. This place has gotten soft for you fags.
You bet:
This is pure uncut Reddit. I think the comments are worse than the post.
View attachment 6708
View attachment 6709
I raise you:
1669758952571.jpeg

edit:
I don't give two shit's about /vt/, but holy shit... you guys are really defending Reddit. lmao.
maybe this is your problem; I don’t think anyone is ‘defending’ reddit by saying it’s better than vt. It’s like saying that Nolan is better than Gabe kroniig.

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I don't give two shit's about /vt/, but holy shit... you guys are really defending Reddit. lmao.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Didn't Tokino Sora herself have the same attitude for the longest time though, and that's why her Membership is now the cheapest option available with no perks beyond emotes?

Maybe, but Niji have gone public and don't seem to be really enforcing these things. Mayuzumi Kai famously never opened his SCs, Tsukino Mito doesn't have a membership, Millie was pressured by her fans to let them double dip and she reluctantly agreed but made her membership the cheapest too (she since softened her stance and agreed to one Member stream every 3 months).

I don't necessarily begrudge Vesper for feeling that way and he's certainly not alone in trying to avoid operating in a way that contends with his morals.
Interesting about Sora. She does have an entire fanclub site for herself: https://tokinosora-fc.com/.

Personally, I think Millie's choice of donating her memberships is the best way around not "double dipping". Everyone knows the revenue cuts so do something interesting with the money you don't "want". Watame is another choice as she puts a shit ton of money into her songs, always praising her fans for funding the work. How do Cover staff get paid? Through people like Vesper - so I don't understand the issue.

I wonder what Vesper's morals are?

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
It's no one else's fault you chose a bad example for your "orange site bad" post. Orange site IS bad, but in this specific case the worst you can levy at them is that one guy who called the baitposter an incel, which is cringey, but if we go off the assumption this is a baitposter from /vt/, probably not inaccurate.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
It's no one else's fault you chose a bad example for your "orange site bad" post. Orange site IS bad, but in this specific case the worst you can levy at them is that one guy who called the baitposter an incel, which is cringey, but if we go off the assumption this is a baitposter from /vt/, probably not inaccurate.
I sincerely apologize to the Reddit fans out there. I picked the wrong comments to make my point and for that, I'm eternally sorry. Please downvote me, I know that will help in these trying times. I promise to DO BETTER and I'm sorry if I've offended the site you all know and love.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It seems some folks appear to defend reddit so to balance it out, here's my usual declaration: hang everyone who posts regularly on reddit by their thumbs.

zxz.jpg

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Sometimes I just put Lumi on in the background and listen to her deranged ramblings. I swear, every stream of hers could fill a years worth of quotes for the site.

thirteenorphans

[- PROVIDE ME DETAIL ANALYSIS OF TENMA AND CHIMUGI -]
Chimugi is a 2/3 view that is generally comfy background noise and a bit of a weirdo. She is JP but likes to TL comments time to time and replies in whatever language she can find on deepl.

Tenma is a bit of a thread darling in these parts. The best way I've heard her described is "the angry Asian laundromat owner". Hates BS and just wants to have a fun time.

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker

Another Dr. Lolime is going to stream (a game this time) and it's supposedly an actual female this time. Either way, if we are to go off the game choice autism is going to happen during it, so it will be interesting to some extent.

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
If slap-fighting about anime girls streaming and corporate fuckery wasn't bad enough, we're slap-fighting about reddit vs /vt/. Truly we are a fallen species.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
If slap-fighting about anime girls streaming and corporate fuckery wasn't bad enough, we're slap-fighting about reddit vs /vt/. Truly we are a fallen species.
Are you saying you wish you could fix us?

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
How do Cover staff get paid? Through people like Vesper - so I don't understand the issue.

I wonder what Vesper's morals are?
I think that this should be part of the interview process. They should say, or have in the contract, something to the effect of 'You will be expected to enable Superchat monetisation where appropriate, is this something you agree to?'

If they do have that, and Vesper agreed solely because he wanted to get through the door, then Cover is in the right and Vesper is a fucking moron. If it wasn't established and isn't in the contract, then not only is it negligent of the company, but it's also within Vesper's right to contest it.

I don't know either way so I won't assume, but in both cases, what his morals actually are is totally irrelevant.

I know for a fact that I would love the idea of streaming to people and making $70k in a few months for it...right up until it's actually happening to me, and then I may start to see the mentally ill people donating hundreds, the messages saying they've given me their birthday money or their week's wages, people donating just to shit on me and/or my gameplay etc and start to feel uncomfortable with where my livelihood/disposable income is actually coming from. Some people are more okay with that than others and I don't think anyone is particularly 'wrong' for it, but these are morals and internal conflicts everyone here will probably never have to be tested on.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Everyone knows all 4chan newfags are just redditors who want to say Yamanbafaggot without getting jannied
:smugselen:

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Are you saying you wish you could fix us?
I have no idea what happened last night. I did a drive by photoshop and left. Did this site turn into hell on earth or something?

123whatever

Long live frogiwawa
/hlgg/ is having a mini meltdown over Kiara responding to an Ironmouse tweet so yeah...

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
/hlgg/ is having a mini meltdown over Kiara responding to an Ironmouse tweet so yeah...

Lmao if its just this then its masterful bait or some deep schizophrenia

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I always just assumed the time honored tradition was pointing out reddit and /vt/ were just opposite ends of the same retarded spectrum, just one was more schizo while the other was a hugbox lol. That is to say, both suck and thank fuck we weren't stuck in either shit hole. /vt/ is funny by accident once in a while though, so at least they have that I guess.
Also anyone who uninronically uses incel gives off massive gender special pronouns in bio on twitter vibes, which is just a third site that also deserves the chambers.

ANYWAY more importantly: Reminder that PipMa collab is early today

Also have unrelated clip, just because it's fun to hear Lui say.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
God you fags fight over the dumbest shit, just agree that every site other than here and the motherland is fucking horrible and be done with it petty bastards.
:gunpeko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom