"I like trans people"Merryweather

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Good poach tactic tbh. Imagine if he can get someone from holo or niji(the few decent ones) to reincarnate as a talent for Idol. Could make Idol look like a lateral move instead of a downgrade.
Aren't all the numbers public already? Cover and Niji themselves may not be the one publishing them, but pretty sure the talents have w/o getting in any trouble for doing it.

This just smells like "talent freedom" all over again.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Good poach tactic tbh. Imagine if he can get someone from holo or niji(the few decent ones) to reincarnate as a talent for Idol. Could make Idol look like a lateral move instead of a downgrade.
I know this is just a bottom of the barrel marketing move, but Christ, it still just feels so fake.
I mean I'm watching Bettel and his sea of supers/gifted members and

Would you rather make 80% of 500 dollars
or 20% of 5 thousand dollars?

And I seriously doubt that they'd go as high as 80%. From what I've seen Idol hasn't really inspired massive donation waves, vod rewatching (for ads). They got Raid shadow legends, sure they probably made some money off of that. But lets not kid ourselves. Outside of Rin, Idol doesn't seem to be that big at the moment. Not big enough for those with an opporitunity to join Holo to stop and join Idol instead.

I would say Nijisanji as well, but I'm not as familiar with their numbers and merch, this isn't me kicking Nijisanji when they are down. They could very well also be a more lucrative opporunity for new recruits despite bad percentages. Idol does however provide equipment and games, so the starting point I could see would be much more enticing, as long as the talents don't compare the math too close.

Ensok

Early Adopter

Soon. I'm hoping for a playthrough as entertaining as Noel's or Subaru's.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
On one hand good on them for doing something other than the usual super generic bland way of corporate advertising but on the other hand I don't like the idea of vtubers who's entire persona is an ad

If this turns into a trend every corporations going to have their own consoomerism vtuber mascot for better and for worse
The problem with mascot vtubers is corporations tend to rebrand and adjust their business priorities and/or marketing strategies every couple of years or so, which means this chick could very easily be laid off like the twins were from GGN once Opera find a new gimmick. I don't see it being a particularly reliable line of work.

Speaking of the ADL

That's a damn big move from Aviel. This might have really far reaching reprocussions.

If the talent's cut is above industry standard this will cause a huge upset, and Aviel knows it. I genuinely cannot wait to see this; from his perspective it's likely an attempt to indirectly "poach" big-name talents (very good timing for that too, given Nijisanji is imploding in slow motion), but the bigger picture here is it gives all corpo vtubers across the board more negotiation power. It's also good information for viewers to have, as a lot of people are naturally interested in how much of their donation the streamer will receive.

The interesting factor here is the wording - it implies talent contract, singular. It seems unusual to me that a talent agency would have blanket talent contracts across the board, rather than going through a negotiation period with each hire, and it also suggests there isn't an opportunity for tenured talents to renegotiate based on their numbers/outside opportunities etc.. Maybe he'll clear this up in his post, but be careful not to be immediately impressed if he posts a big number - there are layers to contracts beyond just the revenue share.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Aren't all the numbers public already? Cover and Niji themselves may not be the one publishing them, but pretty sure the talents have w/o getting in any trouble for doing it.

The numbers are not public, we just have a vague reference of what give them more but not exact numbers, i suppose he want to make this move to prevent other Zaion or the guy that bailed from Krisis to sign without knowing jackshit, i thought corpos did not reveal this because muh super duper corpo secrets, i dont know what is the next move of Mr Shekelton here, not even Sakana was this bold

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

We have been told different amounts over the years by different talents, it's very likely rates differ between talents and it doesn't take into account any additional income avenues.
I mean I'm watching Bettel and his sea of supers/gifted members and

Would you rather make 80% of 500 dollars
or 20% of 5 thousand dollars?

And I seriously doubt that they'd go as high as 80%. From what I've seen Idol hasn't really inspired massive donation waves, vod rewatching (for ads). They got Raid shadow legends, sure they probably made some money off of that. But lets not kid ourselves. Outside of Rin, Idol doesn't seem to be that big at the moment. Not big enough for those with an opporitunity to join Holo to stop and join Idol instead.

I would say Nijisanji as well, but I'm not as familiar with their numbers and merch, this isn't me kicking Nijisanji when they are down. They could very well also be a more lucrative opporunity for new recruits despite bad percentages. Idol does however provide equipment and games, so the starting point I could see would be much more enticing, as long as the talents don't compare the math too close.
Aviel is very obviously trying to poach potential hires who don't know any better and see bigger number therefore better, as you say, Idol still doesn't have the brand power to back their offer so joining now is a gamble. Though seeing advent's talent pool, many of them have been trying for holo for years now, so I really doubt that this will affect the big leagues. The one who should be most worried now is fish and other small corpo CEOs, since from what i've heard and seen a lot of hires from small corpos tend to apply en masse and really have no allegiance, so it will be much easier to convince them with hard cash.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Outside of Rin, Idol doesn't seem to be that big at the moment.
Rin has a big subcount, but her CCVs, and especially earnings are nowhere near holo, her earnings are fucking Shiina-tier outside of special events, so this just feels like Aviel snorting his own farts for managing to run a company for more than six months without it imploding.

USS IOWA

Damn Ina really is from Korea, It's surprising that it's the north part.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The least successful Holo talents apparently gets paid like 20k USD per month by Cover. So, uh, good luck with that, Jew-boy. Maybe they can be a retirement home like VShojo, but the business is way more than just revenue splits.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Sorry I don't know who the other girl is. I don't really watch Niji.
Matsukai Mao. Tan-skinned brat that is somewhat popular but not exactly under english fans (whatever thats left, anyway) radar. There are some translated clips but not exactly enough for clip-watchers, but its there if you want to figure her out.

most folks probably know her (if anything) from her 3D model debut, in which she did a skit which started with her getting isekai-d with a car.
1692493064493.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
chances are Zen is aware of the meme and would rather deflect then draw attention to it at this point. theres little to no proof either way as far as i know just people mocking the voice changer most of the evidance is "they act like a guy" which... ive seen girls out dude dudes its not very compelling.
I remember a comment from Zen on a now deleted video of a dude addressing people in the comments "correcting" him on Zens gender (people were telling him Zen is a guy) in the comment Zen said that Zen specifically does not identify as anything other than Zentreya and avoids pronouns for themself entirely (presumably to not be seen as a liar everyone else is just making assumptions)

That said I think it's a pretty open secret in Zens fanbase that Zen is a guy it's just not something they feel the need to talk about

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
The least successful Holo talents apparently gets paid like 20k USD per month by Cover. So, uh, good luck with that, Jew-boy. Maybe they can be a retirement home like VShojo, but the business is way more than just revenue splits.
Im here thinking with the official rrat hat, and i believe his target is not Cover, is ANYCOLOR, i think he actually eated the meme that Nijis get pay peanuts compared to other agencies so he want to make his agency the better deal, his goal is to get the talent pool from Anycolor not fight them and see if he get someone that click

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Im here thinking with the official rrat hat, and i believe his target is not Cover, is ANYCOLOR, i think he actually eated the meme that Nijis get pay peanuts compared to other agencies so he want to make his agency the better deal, his goal is to get the talent pool from Anycolor not fight them and see if he get someone that click
Well, according to Playboard, Aster motherfucking Arcadia, yes, the guy who had literally 0 watchers in this entire forum, and someone had to get scammed into membering to him just to confirm something, makes somewhere around half of what Aviel's top talent does, per month.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina is Shiinasplaining what 1 guying or 5 guying is..... Shiina.... :SelenHAHAhere:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
makes somewhere around half of what Aviel's top talent does, per month.
Half that we dont know how much he gets, also really who the fuck watch Aster, i have only see skaven cultists watch him for god know why

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Aviel saw the comparison between the advent girls vs his loli corpo. The man is desperate for some chuuba with actual talents :deztheroom:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think its less about necesarily targeting people who would be material to join either corpo but more about getting some amount of brownie points among the public that doesnt entirely hate corpos, "We have a decent and transparent cut" does seem like decent PR at the cost of showing your hand to everything else, but so far besides Phase, it doesnt seem like many would benefit that much from seeing that hand

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Rin has a big subcount, but her CCVs, and especially earnings are nowhere near holo, her earnings are fucking Shiina-tier outside of special events, so this just feels like Aviel snorting his own farts for managing to run a company for more than six months without it imploding.
I've been saying it he's trying to sell his shit. He's trying to bloat the price and fuck with the industry to land some sucker who can take the company out of his hands. As others have said for all their marketing and numbers the talents are bringing little cash for the amount they pour into the company. Call me phasefag but idol had 1 shadow raid sponsor that barely broke 100 viewers and on the other side you have phase with a mahjong event where the company went all in on them after they did 1 sponsor stream.
I see what you do head jew, you better not fuck over roca or the adl will have a page dedicated to me. :guraimwatchingyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom